The Korean Kettle

LucidDreaming.

Reaction score
Two hot-headed, inflated egos rarely are the basis of a thriving tribe, but recent events have shown it can even rift a community.

The dispute is between ShaQ and Lite User, both have been dukes of Back, at different points in time.
Lite User founded the tribe, got burned out and ShaQ and his 131 players joined to help.
ShaQ has a different style, he started force internalling non Korean members, numerous of them causing large issues in the tribe.

Amongst one of the players ShaQ had an issue with, was Archnoveau, a player Lite User has gotten along with quite well.
Arch has gotten hammered by FLOW, lost some villages but tried his best, but for ShaQ this was not enough.
He claimed part of the frontline of Arch and forced him to give it up, but Arch would not budge under this regime.
Lite was unhappy with this and things escalated.

0480998dd29c57798a2efe2cd1434a70.png

I triple-checked, he wasn't actually the spy btw, if anything he should look at one of the bigger accounts in Stick

The duke privileges had been taken away from Lite earlier when he was sat, now was his time to take them back.
ShaQ was furious and ordered his Koreans to send their nukes to Arch, which btw makes 0 sense.
They were actually nuking direct frontline villages to the front of FLOW, stacked by Back defense.

In an attempt to restore peace, a vote was called between Lite and ShaQ, who should become duke.

209eeeddeac7fe6baecc7308ff015d91.png

Sadly, ShaQ's side had no intention of letting this be a fair vote.
He mislead players and his other 131 friends intimidated Back accounts to vote for ShaQ.

29f33064d8f4cb93789d3b58c20e5fbf.png

The above screenshot wasn't even supported by the leadership of Stick at all!

73691df5eab515f309b314a5952f2f54.png

According to ShaQ, he won the vote, but Lite User chose to not accept this.

The reply of ShaQ was to excommunicate Lite User from the Korean Tribal Wars community.

9a79ddcb4d89c97fa0f44ee6bf4487a9.png

For anyone who wants to translate and read how incredibly serious they take this matter, feel free:
https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=tribalwars&no=2183&page=1

Again, this was more to threaten Lite to fall in line rather than that ShaQ has the validity to do so, Overseas has by now been called in by the Korean community to mediate the situation.

It's a bit sad to see someone who got carried by good players on 131, come into 132 and start breaking down the tribe built by someone else to force internal everyone he feels like. It's almost as if he has no feelings at all. For example, in his response to the Discord messages when Little Big Tor came back, explaining he had been in an accident and was in the hospital with a broken leg and asked for the force internal to be canceled, all ShaQ said was 'I don't care', which triggered the sit to be sent to FLOW.

d5b7321b7f2ca998f4a4ea1bd8cccd1e.png

As you can see, Lite genuinely tried to save him, sadly his fellow Koreans simply did not care.

There are many more screenshots I can scrounge up but they all illustrate the same thing, ShaQ is a power-hungry maniac who will do anything for himself and his close friends.
He destroyed Lite's hard work for his own gain and I'm sure that's not the last of the havoc he wreaks in this world. He's already loaded Lite user up with more than 10k attacks, I sincerely wonder who his next target will be...

Last edited:

Jumpish

Reaction score
Responding because this post only speaks from one side and I wanted to elaborate on what the invisible side to you sees, who know the story from both sides. I was neutral in this but seeing how the events unfolded, I would have to side with ShaQ.

First off, this has never been Koreans vs. Non-koreans in the first place. It's about the Back tribe as a whole so I'm not sure why you've written it as if ShaQ is somehow discriminatory towards non Koreans, where some are one of the best ones in the tribe?

ShaQ has a different style, he started force internalling non Korean members, numerous of them causing large issues in the tribe.
  • No. Many korean members were internalled and some force internalled as well due to lack of participation (check twstats). There are other internalling events ordered by lite user (Screenshots in korean exist which I'm sure you've seen on discord by now). You've intentionally only focused on archnoveu and LBT which lite user disagreed with.
It's a bit sad to see someone who got carried by good players on 131, come into 132 and start breaking down the tribe built by someone else to force internal everyone he feels like. It's almost as if he has no feelings at all.
  • Lite user WAS the Korean group and was calling the shots in force internalling and internalling any of those who he deemed unfit. Who do you think gave the final order to internal?
  • Lite user was the leader of Back tribe consisting of 100+ people at the start of the world and internaled, shamelessly giving priorities to his favorites. I strongly recommend looking at the twstats and see for yourselves.
I triple-checked, he wasn't actually the spy btw, if anything he should look at one of the bigger accounts in Stick
  • I'm glad you triple checked and mirehuina double checked. It's the same exact useless argument but I suppose you were just jesting.
The duke privileges had been taken away from Lite earlier when he was sat, now was his time to take them back.
  • The deal of ShaQ joining EN132 was that ShaQ takes full leadership of Back in order to defend against STICK, who was pummelling Back and lite user agreed. Shaq and the active Back members spent sleepless nights successfully defending and once the situation stabilized, lite user attempted to lead again by changing his words that he never promised duke privs but only leading positions. This is where the drama really started and people still believed things will work out peacefully but this is when lite user took control of the tribe by underhandedly removing dukeship, and taking sits of important accounts and persuading owners to not give sits to anybody but himself.
  • Despite all this, a democratic vote was held WITH lite user concurrence in hopes to dissuade lite user from holding the tribe hostage. There is a screenshot of lite user agreeing that he will concede to vote results. Soon after the vote results came out, he kicked tribemates that side with ShaQ from the Back discord server and Korean EN132 chat server, withdrawing supports and turning on the frontliners.
Amongst one of the players ShaQ had an issue with, was Archnoveau, a player Lite User has gotten along with quite well.
Arch has gotten hammered by FLOW, lost some villages but tried his best, but for ShaQ this was not enough.
He claimed part of the frontline of Arch and forced him to give it up, but Arch would not budge under this regime.
  • All frontline players were contacted to forfeit a few frontline villages in preparation for the war against FLOW because if you actually map LBT, archnoveu, snyltarn, and Kadi, nearly all of their villages were frontlines spanning over a continent. Just 4 players all within in 5th or 6th villages from the front line... Lite user volunteered and promised to contact the individuals since according to lite, he's closer to them than they are to the council but for weeks after the war with STICK was over, no response. Why? We will never know but if I have to guess, it may be because lite user fucked up in explaining the situation.
  • ShaQ was annoyed but losing a few villages was not the reason. Anybody with years of TW experience understood, continues to understand and will understand losing a few villages in tribe-wide op is okay. Not sure where you got that idea? Did lite user tell you?
As you can see, Lite genuinely tried to save him [LBT], sadly his fellow Koreans simply did not care.
  • Lite user gave the final green light in force internalling because LBT is unlikely to recover and return in time to fight the war.
If you think this event is the sole reason of lite user being ex-communicated from the Korean group, you are gravely mistaken. This was merely a trigger event from what was simmering from the past worlds and start of this world (of which I won't mention). There were multiple attempts to have a talk regardless of lite user throwing a tantrum.

I had personally viewed lite user in neutral light, thinking he is just very serious about the game and wants to win at any cost and he has definitely sacrificed a lot to get to where he is. Seeing how lite user handled the situation, there is every reason in the world to why ShaQ would be pissed.

tl;dr: lite user did not carry out what he promised (which is not his first time) and divided the tribe by feeding lies and doubled down on making sure the tribe suffers greatly by kicking people from discord and chat server (so that lite user can hide what he said), withdrawing supports, and turning on the front liners when he lost the vote. There is every reason for the Back tribe to be pissed at lite user for mishandling the situation.