The market: proof of the world's stupidity?

DeletedUser

I can't stop thinking "?" when I check out the market offers:

one player offers 1200 clay for 1700 iron, the other one offers 1000 for 1000. another one offers 1000 clay for 500 iron, and right next to it a player offers 1000 clay for 1200 iron. This goes on for like 10 pages.

The time difference between offers is not much, all within 10 hours and in a lot of cases just a difference of a couple of mins.

My question is: is people just stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22924

I can't stop thinking "wtf?" when I check out the market offers:

one player offers 1200 clay for 1700 iron, the other one offers 1000 for 1000. another one offers 1000 clay for 500 iron, and right next to it a player offers 1000 clay for 1200 iron. This goes on for like 10 pages.

The time difference between offers is not much, all within 10 hours and in a lot of cases just a difference of a couple of mins.

my question, why don't you take advantage of this?:icon_confused:

KeegiKolmas

Dont you see, everyone need iron?

DeletedUser

You do realise the time difference between what you see as 10h 21 mins and 10h 20 mins can be up to 20h 41 mins if they are on opposite sides of your village?

This thread: proof of the lack of common sense. :lol:

PS: yes, people are stupid. But some just don't think things through before clicking the submit button, be it a forum thread or market offer.

DeletedUser

Sacred is right, but it's like that at my market as well actually. I've been trying to take advantage of it, as castro said, but I've only got so many merchants.

DeletedUser

Ever thought of the possibilty that people are storing clay on the market??

DeletedUser

ok, now I feel we are all stupid just by talking about the market :/ kind of ironic.

For all what you people said, yes, I am aware of all that, and trust me that if I made this thread knowing about it I knew what I am saying.

Yes, we all need iron, but if you need iron you need it right away, at least thats my idea. It is useless to propose a 2 ratio offer when you know there are others and it makes no sense to wait for days for someone to accept it.

Yes, you may be storing clay for the future, but here we are talking about pages and pages of offers inside a close ratdius of players, and knowing the stage we are at in the game, where a high ammount of lc and axes is mandatory in order to keep up with the rest of the players, I believe there are only a few exceptions of this.

Yes, what it is a couple of mins for you could mean hours or even days to other players depending on their position, and knowing this I checked it by looking at the players profiles. Again, if you find several pages of offers presenting the same pattern, it is most likely that there are a lot of them inside the same radius.

Yes, you can take advantage of it, the same way I am doing it, and the same way you take advantage of a player who does not know how to snipe or doge or whatever.

Now my award for the most stupid answer I got here, goes to KeegiKolmas, who said "Dont you see, everyone need iron?". Kudos my mate, you proved my point just by saying that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think your putting to much brain power into this Spike :icon_razz:

I guess i dont see a lot of the offers though cause im set at 1.0 max ratio. Well unless im selling clay that almost always goes at a crappy ratio. But many of the offers have a purpose and some just dont understand the concept of supply and demand.

DeletedUser

So basically you are saying lots of people are posting clay for iron in the markets..... And also saying that sometimes even two people in the same 7x7 are offering the same resource!!!! And to top it all off there is sometimes a difference in ratio!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MAH GAWD

It happens at this stage in the game, people have an abundance of clay as it is least needed for building during startup, they often put it in the market to store or of the hope that someone is stupid enough to trade clay for Iron, just like at the very start of the world people need wood and have an abundance of iron. At later stages clay will be needed for nobles and such.

By the way you must take into account that most people in your area have no contact at all, and very few people in the world talk about resources on market (unless it is a tribe member to tribe member trade) so the differences in ratio in not something you should be shocked at or even think stupid, infact the stupidest thing about this whole thread was that you tried to go into details about something as boring as trades in the market.

Also this
is a bit ironic

DeletedUser

If I see someone offered 1000 clay for 1000 iron, I will make my offer 1000 clay for 900 iron. Not 1000 clay for 1200 iron.

I think that is what he is trying to say.

------
I've traded around 4k Iron already xD 2k went to servertime :p

Already spent em :(

DeletedUser

Im one of those idiots buying clay on a reguraly:) Hell if i can trade 500 wood for 1000 clay i double the ammount of rescources with no work need for so to do.

DeletedUser22924

Im one of those idiots buying clay on a reguraly:) Hell if i can trade 500 wood for 1000 clay i double the ammount of rescources with no work need for so to do.

where did your sorry buttocks come from:icon_surprised: