The Menace of the North East: XIV

openeye

Beware all who cross swords with these... monsters. They know no bounds. No decency. No... well... anything. I introduce to you, the world, the Menace of the North East: Northern Assassin and his band of miscreants, XIV. Behold and tremble W67 for they are coming for your players, your alliances, really anything but your villages.

My path first crossed with the unholy ones while minding my own business trying out a new tribe. It seemed promising but then suddenly, we became a family tribe to XIV. I was concerned, but I learned early in my life that sometimes things aren't always as they appeared. And so I went to investigate.

[spoil]
Family_Question1.png
[/spoil]

As you can see I was luck in that the leadership was quick to respond to my inquires. Still curious and in need of clarification, I continued my investigation.

[spoil]
Family_Question2.png
[/spoil]

By now I was concerned they had such a strong organization such a robust hierarchy, perhaps I had joined the wrong tribe. What was motivating this great leader of men? What power did he have to create such a powerful entity? Fortunately he was quick to respond and clarify himself.

[spoil]
Family_Question3.jpg
[/spoil]

An answer! And more, a compelling reason to assure my allegiance:

[spoil]
Family_Question4.jpg
[/spoil]

Thankfully, the leader of my tribe shows his meddle to prove that my faith in him, while shaken, was not unfounded.

[spoil]
Family_Question5.jpg
[/spoil]

But wait, on consideration of the answers given, they seemed inadequate. As if somebody may have been avoiding the answer. Perhaps because the answer was not known? Perhaps because the answer was too powerful to be unleashed?? Still, braving the consequences of my inquiry, I continued.

[spoil]
Family_Question6.jpg
[/spoil]

Thank goodness. It appears I was not the only one with concerns.

[spoil]
Family_Question7.jpg
[/spoil]

Compelled by the excellent analysis performed by my tribal leader of the threats forwarded by Northern Assassin, I began my own research and posted the results for analysis.

[spoil]
Family_Question8.jpg
[/spoil]

Sadly, there was no opportunity for analysis. Frighteningly enough the thread disappeared into the void. Lost forever, were it not for these screenshots. Was it Black Magic wielded by a most powerful sorcerer? I suspect that was the case. For my own safety, I let the issue drop.

But again I crossed paths with these most powerful of players. Again, in the forum that we shared.

[spoil]
Academy.jpg
[/spoil]

Luckily, I was prepared for the spells that seems to surround this tribe. As such, I was able to see through the illusions that Dzini's points created. Knowing that she was a dangerous sorceress, I suggested she join the users of magic.

[spoil]
Academy2.jpg
[/spoil]

By now it seems that everybody's patience was worn through. As quickly as it arose, the family was splintered. I for one was happy to be rid of the evil that dwelt within XIV and prayed, that we would never again cross paths.

But alas it was not to be. For they decided to declare war on us, despite the fact that we were already involved in 6 others. They attacked with the furry of kittens and within a day the battle was over. Somehow, by the grace of God, we had survived the initial onslaught.

Then, as if by divine inspiration, we were invited back into the forums we once were privileged to share. Was the war over? Were we again a happy family?

[spoil]
Shared_Forum1.jpg
[/spoil]

Nay! On close inspection we were still at war for they were planning attacks on us within! We were not friends, but remained enemies, what a deception this turned out being. Amid and leading the chaos, none other than Northern Assassin.

[spoil]
Shared2.jpg
[/spoil]

He stood strong, even as others in his tribe faltered at the thought of entering a war and seeing the blood of the first casualty. Rallying his men, Northern Assassin and his tribe planed their responce!

[spoil]
Shared3.jpg

Shared4.jpg

Shared5.jpg
[/spoil]

Rejuvenated and full of confidence, his tribe returned to supporting their fallen comrades.

[spoil]
Shared6.jpg
[/spoil]

Despite the futility of their actions the tribe continued to stand strong and support their friend.

[spoil]
Shared7.jpg
[/spoil]

By now, the members of Cheers had found their way into the forums, following the path opened by parties unknown. We pleaded with our aggressors. Asking for mercy, and begging for forgiveness for their sins against Northern Assassin and the murderous horde he led.

[spoil]
Shared8.jpg
[/spoil]

I attempted to reason with them. It seemed to be the only way to ensure the safety of my tribemates, my friends.

[spoil]
Shared9.jpg

Shared10.jpg
[/spoil]

But it was to no avail, it seems they were more powerful that reason, for it had no effect on them. Instead I was banished into the cold, left to wait in fear... because someday... maybe next month... XIV will strike.

I send this to the world as a warning to all who tread in the North Eastern regions of the world. Beware.

The Menace of the North East will get you...

HBoo_Boo4.jpg

Northern Assassin leads his tribe to victory.

Last edited:

DeletedUser109800

With all due respect, and I don't want to be one of those annoying people that says TL;DR, but I doubt the effort that would go into reading this gargantuan essay would be worth the outcome... you might want to consider making it more concise.

openeye

With all due respect, and I don't want to be one of those annoying people that says TL;DR, but I doubt the effort that would go into reading this gargantuan essay would be worth the outcome... you might want to consider making it more concise.

One sentence and one image:

HBoo_Boo4.jpg

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
After reading this, I know I will be too frightened too sleep tonight. :S

DeletedUser109800

One sentence and one image:

HBoo_Boo4.jpg

Thanks, I enjoyed it immensely. I liked the middle bit especially, I felt it really climaxed. The ending was great too.

DeletedUser57316

People just dont appreciate a good effort anymore.

Complain about bad pnps, then complain about pnps being to long when someone puts in an effort.

DeletedUser

It is hard to add to that... but my old friend from the funny mails thread was back...

[spoil]
King troopmaker Feb 18,2013 19:44
Old McDonald Feb 18,2013 17:37
Just a quick bit of info... before you let King Turdmaker start trouble for your tribe, you may want to ask him how his last "war" went.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 17:40
What do you mean?

Old McDonald Feb 18,2013 17:42
The guy you are letting pick fights... he's an idiot. All he is going to do is waste everyone's time and distract your tribemates from what they should really be doing... farming and growing.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 17:43
Oh, alright. So your tribe can farm the members of House and Trance and everything is alright? and yes I know he is an idiot. He said someone blocked him from that tribe and pretty much every other tribe.

Old McDonald Feb 18,2013 17:44
Eh... I don't farm active players... and honestly, I'm not sure many in my tribe are capable of doing it. I highly doubt you've had any major conflicts with anyone in this tribe to provoke a war.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 17:45
Me? Nah, just got my very few troops wiped out because I was building troops instead of points for a day.

Old McDonald Feb 18,2013 17:46
You being your tribe, not you in particular.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 17:54
Oh, just your members idk, wiping my tribes villages, and what not. and well you now King TroopMaker, and his ideas... Oh well. He won't stop till you quit of course. Hey... mind doing me a favor? I know you will lose your ODA ranking and all. But it would make him shut up

Old McDonald Feb 18,2013 17:59
Until I quit? LOL... Yeah... I don't see that happening. Your tribe isn't exactly in position to hurt me.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 18:14
Oh I know, I was thinking. Disband your tribe and recreate it. Stupid Maker will be pleased he did something and you won't have anything to worry about. He will be your farm. I just need him to shut up you know?

Old McDonald Feb 18,2013 18:15
I did disband my tribe of 1... and joined another. I'm not a leader in this tribe nor do I have any desire to be.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 18:18
Could you convince the leader some how?

Old McDonald Feb 18,2013 18:19
To disband Cheers? Dude... we will destroy you if you attack us. I can personally vouch for the skills of at least 3 members of this tribe.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 18:21
Then just have them attack King Troopmaker. I mean what's the harm? He is the only reason this is happening, I'm sure you can tell.

KousKira Feb 18,2013 19:40
Heres the mail

This message has been forwarded by KousKira.

King troopmaker Feb 18,2013 19:47
what is your problem stop every where i go you come to get me kicked out

King troopmaker Feb 18,2013 19:50
please stop your madness
[/spoil]

And then he promptly blocked me again :(

DeletedUser

When I started reading this I was like "Ooo, this is gonna be good" but with time, the PnP became over extended and boring and the point to all of this may have been lost along the way. Modern PnP's as shown in one of the above comments mixed with facts/screenshots are usually twice more entertaining and convey the main message nearly half as well too. But regardless, good job. And could this mean that the quiet NE is finally heating up? Or are they just hugging their way to the top? hmm

DeletedUser

When I started reading this I was like "Ooo, this is gonna be good" but with time, the PnP became over extended and boring and the point to all of this may have been lost along the way. Modern PnP's as shown in one of the above comments mixed with facts/screenshots are usually twice more entertaining and convey the main message nearly half as well too. But regardless, good job. And could this mean that the quiet NE is finally heating up? Or are they just hugging their way to the top? hmm

Old P&P had both, words, posters, and even comic strips.

I enjoyed reading Openeye P&P. I got quite a few chuckles out of it, reminds me of our own situation.

I'm at NE too, and it's heating up, Our war keep on having new tribe being added in, on the other side. It's already 1 (us) v. 5 tribes. The enemy claims innocence, they have no idea who keeps on adding all those new tribes on their side of the war.

It's a hug fest here, I tell ya. We waged skirmishes to clear farms from some family tribes (one tribe had like 3 or 4 tribes on our K at one point)

mattcurr

too long for my taste nice though. I disagree with your idea's on tw though. If more people need to understand that you make up for skill with numbers. That is a good thing not a bad thing.

DeletedUser99939

way way too big of post dude I got bored after the first 5 spoilers..

as for coming to get the NE they must be pooping about now *sarcastic*

DeletedUser

It was good. Best PnP ive seen on this world.
poeple need to appreciate effort.

good job bro, Keep your head high.

openeye

way way too big of post dude I got bored after the first 5 spoilers..

as for coming to get the NE they must be pooping about now *sarcastic*

I will be sure to give a cliff notes version at the end of future posts so that your can get you sound blip. It will be included in the OP so it isn't missed.

However, as I prefered to tell a story and it seems to have found an audience, I will continue posting lengthy bits if I think the material warrants. Lord knows these boards aren't hurting for material.

Last edited:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If more people need to understand that you make up for skill with numbers. That is a good thing not a bad thing.

I disagree.

I think.

Your post isn't very clear.

I think players should learn to "not" make up for skill with numbers. Doing so gives them a crutch and helps ensure that they never improve as a player because so long as they can win with numbers they don't need to improve.