The Prevalence of Barb Noblers

• Thread starter DeletedUser93887
  • Start date

DeletedUser93887

So about a month ago I thought to myself "hey, I haven't played Tribal Wars in a while. Maybe I should start up a new world." And so I did. Things were going nicely, I created my own rim tribe in K41 and climbed the tribal ladder all the way to our current position in 43rd place. Things were going great, and then something peculiar happened. One of the top 15 tribes by the name of |GE| decided that K41 is currently "unoccupied" by any tribes and therefore theirs for the taking. Despite this being fairly offensive and devaluing the effort my tribe mates and myself had put into this world, there's nothing wrong with a tribe looking to grab up some new land. However, after losing a few nukes and nobles to my tribes defenses, |GE| decided our barbarian village/farms were looking far more appealing. Our eastern neighbours decided to begin a long and arduous war, not against my tribe *Enemy, but against the barbarian villages in our continent. |GE| currently has over 100k defensive troops stationed in 5 barbarian villages in K41, and after their most recent barb conquer 2 hours ago, it does not seem like they intend on stopping.

Is this a usual tactic in Tribal Wars? As far as i can remember, I've never seen such a large tribe employ such tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't perfectly recall back to my time in World 2, but it seems like there are a lot more barbs in this world than I previously remembered. I suppose sometimes it is a legitimate strategy to try to get a foothold in a K. They undermine your farming and give them a basis to grow, but they will only grow if you let them....

But yes, generally it is frowned upon because it takes no "TW skill"...but sometimes the less skillful way is the more strategic.

Kylan

"Anchor villages" as Garrock calls them can be a great move depending on how it is employed. Take a barb surrounded or near your enemies and stack it as |GE| has. Then feed the village resources and build it up with some O and nobles. Then you just nuke from afar and noble from close. Usually you want to target larger barbs or farm bonus villages that will be useful.

DeletedUser

Yea its crazy! I just checked and we don't have a NAP or alliance with Barbarian villages. Would you like us to noble your villages instead? Will that actually make you happy or would that be cowardly too? This thread is kinda worthless but discuss!

DeletedUser

I can't perfectly recall back to my time in World 2, but it seems like there are a lot more barbs in this world than I previously remembered. I suppose sometimes it is a legitimate strategy to try to get a foothold in a K. They undermine your farming and give them a basis to grow, but they will only grow if you let them....

But yes, generally it is frowned upon because it takes no "TW skill"...but sometimes the less skillful way is the more strategic.

W1, W2, W4, all the barbarian villages used to belong to a player. There are no bonus barbarian villages, nor any barbarian village "spawns". I don't remember for sure if W8 had spawning or growing barbarian, it's been too long. Those concepts were introduced later, to make it more "newbie" friendly.

Unfortunately, given my experience in W67 so far, too many players can just be active 24/7 barbarian farmer and "get ahead", not much skill is involved in that really and too many players simply roll over without putting up a lot of fight as they are used to fighting barbs :(

DeletedUser93887

Yea its crazy! I just checked and we don't have a NAP or alliance with Barbarian villages. Would you like us to noble your villages instead? Will that actually make you happy or would that be cowardly too? This thread is kinda worthless but discuss!

I apologize for my inappropriate use of the word "cowardly" I have edited it out and regret using that word. I was caught up in the moment and felt on the defensive so I came off as too abrasive. I do concede that this is not the most important post on the forums, this is just my 4th world and I was seriously wondering if this is a common tactic in the TW community. I apologize for offending you because this was not my intent. At the end of the day this is a game and I do not wish to create a negative experience for any player. I saw the barb nobling as an act of hostility, although after talking to the player I realize this does not seem to be the intent.

Also thank you POE for giving me insight on how the game used to be far before I started playing.

DeletedUser

It is a common strategy these days, noble nothing but barbs and inactives to build clusters of villas right next to each other and then go 75% defense, usually full rax builds of sp/sw/ar which is cryingly slow to recruit

Yes it can be difficult and time consuming to eat through as an attacker, however it must be the most boring way to play tribal wars, watching grass grow is high excitement in comparison

ashoka1

It is a common strategy these days, noble nothing but barbs and inactives to build clusters of villas right next to each other and then go 75% defense, usually full rax builds of sp/sw/ar which is cryingly slow to recruit

Yes it can be difficult and time consuming to eat through as an attacker, however it must be the most boring way to play tribal wars, watching grass grow is high excitement in comparison

Thanks for having a look at twstats and understanding our strategy.

From your post I am pretty sure that you have looked at map as well to see the location of barbs where we are going to make D villages.

Anyways for me the purpose of nobling those farms/barbs was to check the fertility of land in k41.if we find it good then we will think about our future course of action.

Last edited:

DeletedUser88324

I don't really think this is cowardly, it is actually smart. Sending nobles on 60+ hr noble trips to an active player is a sure death, and would be foolish imo. As Kylan mentioned, they are called "anchor villages" and is actually a good strategy to get closer noble villas, and close up support.

think of it this way: would you sail a ship for a week to land in an enemy fortified harbor to get surrounded and slaughtered by them? or would you land somewhere first, regroup, and then attack?

DeletedUser

You are absolutely correct, I just read '15th rank tribe failed to take real estate of 43rd ranked tribe and resorted to nobling barbs to gain ground'

The rest came naturally after that :)

If you want to ask someone about successful long range nobling into enemy territory on a world whose settings made it far harder than this one Jacal, talk to Styx

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110464

I'd agree it can be a fantastic strategy to do this. A lot of players at some point like to get another cluster started so as to not run out of room, etc. To do it as an organized thing for the tribe with support and everything says a lot. However they will obviously be heading into problems with morale going to k41. It could turn out to be a huge success, or, rather due to morale, they waste so many nukes clearing morale that they aren't much better off...

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
With no real rims on the newer worlds I have found that core players move to the outer edges of the world build up a few villages at speed then just wait until villages around them grow to a decent size then noble not many of the outer core players are on 24/7 so does make for easy growth.

ashoka1

You are absolutely correct, I just read '15th rank tribe failed to take real estate of 43rd ranked tribe and resorted to nobling barbs to gain ground

Let me make it clear

Tribe *enemy controls a part of k41 if you look at thier spread.where as we at GE control almost all of k42.

So our players at k42/43 border made a move towards k41.

This will be a relocation for those 4/5 players.As we dont see that there is a need of more then 7/8 players in 1 K at this point.

The number of players per k will keep going down as game progresses.

Tbh if we wanted we could have attacked *enemy.however that will involve our players on k42/41 border and atm those players dont have any plans to enter k41.

Last edited:

ashoka1

Well I dont feel the need to ask anyone for long range nobling as yet.

Lets put it this way

We are nubs and dont plan to go long range as yet.We are content with rim atm.

When time is right we will look at core and if need be come on externals and ask for advice on long range nobling.

DeletedUser93887

Let me make it clear

Tribe *enemy controls a part of k41 if you look at thier spread.where as we at GE control almost all of k42.

So our players at k42/43 border made a move towards k41.

This will be a relocation for those 4/5 players.As we dont see that there is a need of more then 7/8 players in 1 K at this point.

The number of players per k will keep going down as game progresses.

Tbh if we wanted we could have attacked *enemy.however that will involve our players on k42/41 border and atm those players dont have any plans to enter k41.

Ashoka, there you go again, undervaluing my tribe and quite frankly, outright insulting our integrity. I'm sure you are familiar with this map:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?262159-W67-Auto-Updating-maps!-by-nickjer

|GE| owns 62.47% of K42, whereas *Enemy holds 47.87% of K41. When you do the math there is only a 14.6% discrepancy in these numbers. If you are willing to give us the leeway of being a newer tribe in a newer continent the argument can easily be made that we control K41 just as well as you control K42.

You state that "if [you] wanted [you] could have attacked *enemy". I'd like to remind you that you did try that. Although I concede that on some occasions morale played a large factor in your loss of over 15-20 nukes and at least 10-15 nobles (honestly I've lost count), against my mates such as Gronak's recent assault on loudhomer, morale was at 100% yet your nukes were still decimated and your trains were sniped.

Have we provoked you in some way, or do you just feel that our home, this "unclaimed" territory in fact belongs to you?

TheRiverStyx

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Unless you are so into yourself that you set up a basher tribe to continue to noble players so small they wont fight back, Styx is the last person you should ask.

I don't have a basher tribe or a basher. There are two individual players in my area that I work alongside with they do not bash my targets for me. Apollo took 3 of his own targets in the Panda op, he nuked his targets and I nuked mine which I have all the reports for proof. If they want to noble small players thats up to them. I occassionally ask those two if they want in on any ops we do in the area.

Anything else you want to derail threads and flame me for?

Last edited:

ashoka1

Ashoka, there you go again, undervaluing my tribe and quite frankly, outright insulting our integrity. I'm sure you are familiar with this map:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?262159-W67-Auto-Updating-maps!-by-nickjer

If you feel offended ,you can do whatever you want.

As for that map ...i dont recognize that.

I make my own maps.

if you call this control of k41 then i am surprised.

en67.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i meant our spread is throughout k42 where as your awesome tribe is ased only on 1 corner on k41.

As for our some members losing troops,let me assure you we havent thought about attacking you at all before you came on to externals.

may be 2/3 members doing their own things.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

liling
I don't have a basher tribe or a basher. There are two individual players in my area that I work alongside with they do not bash my targets for me. Apollo took 3 of his own targets in the Panda op, he nuked his targets and I nuked mine which I have all the reports for proof. If they want to noble small players thats up to them. I occassionally ask those two if they want in on any ops we do in the area.

Anything else you want to derail threads and flame me for?

Am I meant to bve impressed by the fact you changed their name and took them off your profile?
I love you ego freaks trying to stand up to me and failing every tine.

DeletedUser109725

Styx has been a hard working and competent player, assuming the same person who played it on W19 (Same forum account and types the same way so I assume it is). Sorry for derailing a bit but rags flaming disagrees with my stomach.. er integrity. Hopefully I can get back on topic?

As to on topic - Nobling barbs is usually just meant to be a way to set up camp in an area, people already said that. Another strategy involving barbs (sometimes opponents) is to cat the barbs around them (prevent farming.. really only used early game and not a strategy I generally agree with). Catting multimillion point players does work fine though, cats are nearly as good as nobles if used properly. Barbs are a resource to be used like anything else, and can be used by you and your opponents, either direct enemy or just competition. Controling and manipulating them is just another strategy in the game, though frowned upon since this game was *in my opinion* designed to be direct player vs player, and barbs are now generally player v nothing.

TheRiverStyx

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Styx has been a hard working and competent player, assuming the same person who played it on W19 (Same forum account and types the same way so I assume it is). Sorry for derailing a bit but rags flaming disagrees with my stomach.. er integrity. Hopefully I can get back on topic?

That wasn't me, I didn't play w19, my first world was w31.

liling
Am I meant to bve impressed by the fact you changed their name and took them off your profile?
I love you ego freaks trying to stand up to me and failing every tine.

Apollo and Hendrix, the two people I work with in k34 made a tribe called Styx, I didn't even ask them to call it that they did it for fun, there were only ever 2 people in it. Then Apollo wanted to help his real life friend set up and lead a tribe of their own and invited other people to it and they changed their name to OWL. I have nothing to do with that tribe other than I work together with 2 members hendrix and Apollo in ops. I don't know or care to know the other members. They are simply in a tribe of their own. What is so hard to understand about this?

Would love to know how I'm an ego freak. I haven't flamed you once, I'm simply correcting your false statement.

Can we let this lie now and stop derailing these guys' thread. If you want to comment on this Rag, message me via the externals mails.

Last edited: