The Spy Who Sat On The Fence

DeletedUser

Naw, was me. I keep telling everyone this, yet no one believes me! gosh.

DeletedUser

What I find interesting about this thread is that it is about a spy, who wasn't really a spy. Okay, he fed you information, but you never asked him to, seeing as you ditched him the moment you got what you wanted. And no that was not from nuke. No that was from the tribe's duke -> jay.

You were given information about people who could be interesting for you. A duke from a rival tribes give you that information and you go with it. Worse:

thankyou waves. much appreciated for adding that. The K66 speechless- additions to shAve have been accepted into ShaVe not only on what Jay did recommend.
in fact knowing he was quitting Jay STILL put in the time and effort to give an other tribe his best members.
some other leaders would be hard pressed to do that but he did.

and that comment (thats not screnn-shot'ed) of Jay saying:~

erm,.. i dont believe this for one second. but hey-ho its a game. and i play.. like i have done for the past 3 years.
--
Since joining ShaVe, the lot from speechless have been very helpful in tribal ops and we are glad that ShaVe took the time and focus to get to know us all, skype, forums ops and such. including pre-invitation screening.

yes, they didnt invite on Jays instruction i may hear you gasp!!... jay mentioned around 6 players "shaVe worthy". when they did their research they, infact, found a few MORE speechless guys worthy of invitation. players with less points then ones that didnt get a place.
they picked hard and tough. and im glad to say i think that Jack (weisnubs) did a fantastic job in the selection and he is a CREDIT to any tribe in any world.

nuf said, nukemzz was the spy, Jay shat on his own and sold others out.

You went out and screened the entire tribe for members "worthy" or your tribe. You mailed them and I believe save 2 members, who had common sense and refused, they were willing to join, to betray their own tribe. Instead of fighting, giving this world a war that it hasn't seen yet, you chose the easy, and cowardly way out. And even worse, there is almost no protest about this from members on this forum, from rival tribes. Is it normal to take in your enemies? Not in my book. You should fight them.

But instead you took quite a few members and reached the number one spot. Or made it stronger, not sure about this one. But know one thing shave leaders. One day there will be a tribe that's bigger then you are right now and if these members from Speechless will get the opportunity to join, they will stab you in the back, like they did with Speechless. They did it (some at least) with their tribe before Speechless and now again. Some are traitors without loyalty and only want to play it save, not go to war.

Don't be proud about what you did. Feel ashamed. Or better, read the name of this game once more and do the right thing -> go fight a war against a tribe. Preferably one on equal grounds. But I think you are too chicken to do so.

DeletedUser

Spy wanted some help I guess.

Nukemzz on 18.01. at 00:23
Don't suppose you know how to dodge a 953MS backtime do ya?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How wrong can one be... :icon_rolleyes: Such a bittersweet symphony we have here, eh? At least you could post with your IGN.

I'm usually not fan of these forum flame fights but let's give it a try. It's been a while since I last did it.

First of all, we (= speechless) were going to war shAve. Most of us were actually begging for it. But it never happened. We waited too long and let shAve surround us from three sides instead of pushing our way towards SW. Then, after about a month of trying to start the war with shAve, Jay decided that it would be better if we ate GRV first. Great, let's start a war against GRV and meanwhile let shAve strike us from three fronts... Not.

Jay was the one and only making all the decisions for the tribe and after he decided to quit it basically left the tribe with no leadership. After all Speechless was pretty poorly organized and once the only person trying to lead the tribe quits and you realize the "tactic" (What? Was there one?) already failed, I bet you wouldn't feel comfortable either.

Secondly, we didn't have any kind of team spirit. Everyone was just eating on their own around their little clusters without any team play or clear visions for the future. Yeah, a solid tribe... Then we were offered a position in shAve, "a new start", after Speechless' fail. We could have fought shAve and cause them some harm, too, but really, would've that changed anything? I think not. Seriously, why would we stick with a tribe that never gave us anything? You can't even backstab something you never got used to know.

I already feel a lot more comfortable in shAve than I ever did in Speechless. I don't see any reasons to complain when we have an awesome leadership and things are working just as they are supposed to. :icon_smile:

---

I guess the spy was only lazy..?

Nukemzz on 17.01. at 18:26
coulda dodged and back timed :) no effort, just gonna turtle my def villas (the ones that actually have troops lul)

*Boom* 3 nukes backtimed.

Nukemzz on 18.01. at 10:26
THERES A SPECIAL PLACE RESERVED FOR YOU IN HELL, right next to hitler. HITLER!

DeletedUser

What I find interesting about this thread is that it is about a spy, who wasn't really a spy. Okay, he fed you information, but you never asked him to, seeing as you ditched him the moment you got what you wanted. And no that was not from nuke. No that was from the tribe's duke -> jay.
You know less about your own tribe then I do, Jay was not a spy, he quit and suggested we invite some members in Speechless. He was not a spy :icon_rolleyes:
Nukemzz was a spy

You were given information about people who could be interesting for you. A duke from a rival tribes give you that information and you go with it. Worse:
Whats wrong with listening to the advice of the former duke? A player who knows the members inside out?
And whats wrong with doing your own research on these members and maybe finding one or two others?
Surely your not advocating mass recruiting? :icon_rolleyes:

You went out and screened the entire tribe for members "worthy" or your tribe. You mailed them and I believe save 2 members, who had common sense and refused, they were willing to join, to betray their own tribe. Instead of fighting, giving this world a war that it hasn't seen yet, you chose the easy, and cowardly way out. And even worse, there is almost no protest about this from members on this forum, from rival tribes. Is it normal to take in your enemies? Not in my book. You should fight them.
I didn't screen the whole tribe, I didn't mail the entire tribe, I only mailed a few members,
I believe one member refused, and he was a member that we 50/50 for getting an invite, we just wanted to know if he was game should we want to invite him.

One day there will be a tribe that's bigger then you are right now and if these members from Speechless will get the opportunity to join, they will stab you in the back, like they did with Speechless. They did it (some at least) with their tribe before Speechless and now again. Some are traitors without loyalty and only want to play it save, not go to war.
Wrong actually, the new members have been very good, eating through K66 easily, and supporting where asked to.
They have all been very positive and as a Council Member I can say on behalf of the council that we are very pleased with their progress currently.

Don't be proud about what you did. Feel ashamed. Or better, read the name of this game once more and do the right thing -> go fight a war against a tribe. Preferably one on equal grounds. But I think you are too chicken to do so.
We are at War with BS :icon_rolleyes:
We are also eating through the SE...or at least what remains of it
Don't feel bad that you didn't get an invite or sad that your tribe wasn't good enough
Try again next world :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser85953

Is it normal to take in your enemies? Not in my book. You should fight them.

They did it (some at least) with their tribe before Speechless and now again. Some are traitors without loyalty and only want to play it save, not go to war.

Is it safe to say then that Speechless, invited players from another tribe, said players back stabbed their tribe to Speechless's benefit and joined Speechless.

:icon_surprised:

And then, O the horror, the total dismay!!! The righteous craziness of all that is sweet and good they did it to speechless!!

OMG!!!!!

Say it is not so.
If only you had warning, if only you had known what people would do!!!

:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

How wrong can one be... :icon_rolleyes: Such a bittersweet symphony we have here, eh? At least you could post with your IGN.

Woops, sorry didn't really check which account I was logged in with. I'm Ramoth ingame.

I'm usually not fan of these forum flame fights but let's give it a try. It's been a while since I last did it.

First of all, we (= speechless) were going to war shAve. Most of us were actually begging for it. But it never happened. We waited too long and let shAve surround us from three sides instead of pushing our way towards SW. Then, after about a month of trying to start the war with shAve, Jay decided that it would be better if we ate GRV first. Great, let's start a war against GRV and meanwhile let shAve strike us from three fronts... Not.

Jay was the one and only making all the decisions for the tribe and after he decided to quit it basically left the tribe with no leadership. After all Speechless was pretty poorly organized and once the only person trying to lead the tribe quits and you realize the "tactic" (What? Was there one?) already failed, I bet you wouldn't feel comfortable either.

I'm always amazed that the leaders get the blame. A tribe crumbling because one leaders quits is not a good thing. I'm not sure but I believe you were part of the council, what held you and the other council members back to pick up where he left off and organise an attack? Nothing. Members can organise attacks as well as leaders.

Secondly, we didn't have any kind of team spirit. Everyone was just eating on their own around their little clusters without any team play or clear visions for the future. Yeah, a solid tribe... Then we were offered a position in shAve, "a new start", after Speechless' fail. We could have fought shAve and cause them some harm, too, but really, would've that changed anything? I think not. Seriously, why would we stick with a tribe that never gave us anything? You can't even backstab something you never got used to know.

I was working fine with my neighbours, maybe you weren't, but we discussed things as what villages we would take with each other, offered each other help, etc. Maybe you were doing something wrong.
And you should know that sometimes being in a tribe is not getting everything. Sometimes you have to give to get back. But instead the easy way was chosen, leaving for another tribe. I can understand it somewhere, but it is the easy way out.

I already feel a lot more comfortable in shAve than I ever did in Speechless. I don't see any reasons to complain when we have an awesome leadership and things are working just as they are supposed to. :icon_smile:

I never said you should complain. I said shAve should complain. I don't consider you part of shave ;)

You know less about your own tribe then I do, Jay was not a spy, he quit and suggested we invite some members in Speechless. He was not a spy :icon_rolleyes:
Nukemzz was a spy

Maybe I phrased it wrong. I meant to say that Jay did more damage to Speechless then Nukem ever did. And I don't think you can deny that.

Whats wrong with listening to the advice of the former duke? A player who knows the members inside out?
And whats wrong with doing your own research on these members and maybe finding one or two others?
Surely your not advocating mass recruiting? :icon_rolleyes:

Right... some times I wonder what this game has come to be. What's wrong with taking in members from your enemies? Let me see.... it goes beyond the purpose of the game. You were given the opportunity to recruit members, from a tribe you were quite busy surrounding in 3 directions. The right thing to do would have been to declare war. Instead you decided oh, well, let's take them, oh and a few more. Let's not care that they are enemies, no, we just recruit ourselves to the top to stay there.

It's wrong, and I can't understand why no one is complaining that you did this. All it's about is spies, not about the fact that you rather recruit then fight.

And no, I'm against mass recruiting, hell I'm actually against tribes with more then 40 members.

I didn't screen the whole tribe, I didn't mail the entire tribe, I only mailed a few members,
I believe one member refused, and he was a member that we 50/50 for getting an invite, we just wanted to know if he was game should we want to invite him.

Meh, you get my point.

Wrong actually, the new members have been very good, eating through K66 easily, and supporting where asked to.
They have all been very positive and as a Council Member I can say on behalf of the council that we are very pleased with their progress currently.

We are at War with BS :icon_rolleyes:
We are also eating through the SE...or at least what remains of it
Don't feel bad that you didn't get an invite or sad that your tribe wasn't good enough
Try again next world :icon_rolleyes:
Oh god, you think I'm crying my eyes out here and whining?
Well, maybe I'm whining a bit, but that's because it's actually quite fun to do. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.
I don't care about invites for your tribe. Speechless is my tribe and I'll stay there till I'm the only active one left or till someone succeeds in wiping me from the face of this world. But right now you guys aren't interested in doing that to me, so I'll just see what I can do to annoy you guys :)

Is it safe to say then that Speechless, invited players from another tribe, said players back stabbed their tribe to Speechless's benefit and joined Speechless.

:icon_surprised:

And then, O the horror, the total dismay!!! The righteous craziness of all that is sweet and good they did it to speechless!!

OMG!!!!!

Say it is not so.
If only you had warning, if only you had known what people would do!!!

:icon_confused:

Again, I'm not surprised that they did it. The point of my post was twofolded:
1) -> you shouldn't have taken them in
2) -> they will backstab you when they find something better.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I must agree with Ramoth / Hisuhn! I don't think the issue was that the people left speechless and that there was a spy in there. Heck we know there were few. The problem is the fact that members decided to jump ship just cos one person decided they could not handle the pressure.

However I really have an issue with this:

Tepsudes, you post just shows the kind of a player you are.

You complain:
1. We waited too long and let shAve surround us
2. Jay was the one and only making all the decisions for the tribe and after he decided to quit it basically left the tribe with no leadership.
3. After all Speechless was pretty poorly organized
4. Secondly, we didn't have any kind of team spirit.
5. Everyone was just eating on their own around their little clusters without any team play or clear visions for the future.
6. Seriously, why would we stick with a tribe that never gave us anything? You can't even backstab something you never got used to know.

Now I have questions for you:

1. Why did we wait too long? Were you and Andzaze part of the council? Why was voice of one person louder than the rest? What was the point of a council if one person was making decisions? Could you not have changed this and forced a vote on the war or what to do?

2. Why was one person allowed to run everything the way they wanted if there was council? Surely it should have been a majority vote!

3. And who's fault was that? You were part of the leadership so why not try and help organize it?

4. No team spirit?? Again, what did you do to try and change that?

5. WRONG! The reason that was happening is the result of shAve surrounding the tribe while leadership sat on their hands. People could not do anything else apart to keep going towards the rim. Also, it was constant prepare for this or prepare for that but nothing ever materialised.

6. What did you give to the tribe?

Why is it always me, me, me... What did you do for the tribe in order to get something back. It is TribalWars, not OverBloatedEgoWars.

Quite honestly I am glad what happened was fairly early in the world as it saved me a lot of time and effort. Wish it happened sooner.

DeletedUser

I never meant to blame anyone. I only wrote what I think Speechless did wrong as a tribe. Again, write with your IGN, please.

1. Why did we wait too long? Were you and Andzaze part of the council? Why was voice of one person louder than the rest? What was the point of a council if one person was making decisions? Could you not have changed this and forced a vote on the war or what to do?

-Good question. Yes, we were. However, I never wanted to be in council. Jay & Mika added the privileges without even asking me about it. I joined this world without any contacts so I could play as a regular player because that's what I enjoy the most. Jay & Mika were dukes. You can ask Mika why he never did anything for the tribe when there still was a chance. You can also ask Mika about the reasons why Jay did quit. That's what I meant when I said Speechless was poorly organized. A few people had the power and only one person used it. We in "council" were also told multiple times that we would start the war "soon", later that changed to "we should wait for shAve's declaration, I think it's gonna happen soon."

2. Why was one person allowed to run everything the way they wanted if there was council? Surely it should have been a majority vote!

-The "council" was never a real council. We had hidden forums & chat room but that's it.

3. And who's fault was that? You were part of the leadership so why not try and help organize it?

-I wasn't. I was told certain things but no, I never considered myself as a part of the leadership.

4. No team spirit?? Again, what did you do to try and change that?

-I was friendly to everyone in the tribe and helped them as much as I could with whatever they ever needed.

5. WRONG! The reason that was happening is the result of shAve surrounding the tribe while leadership sat on their hands. People could not do anything else apart to keep going towards the rim. Also, it was constant prepare for this or prepare for that but nothing ever materialised.

-You could have nobled a few frontline villages and prepare for war as all of you knew it was supposed to start at any given minute. Instead you decided to eat towards rim and noble barbs inside your clusters.

6. What did you give to the tribe?

-I rimmed two dukes, one baron and a few regular players of the tribes we warred. I sent support whenever asked. In other words, help the tribe.

---

Now that I answered your questions I'm sure you could also answer them, too. Also, what did you do for the tribe?
You really didn't notice the tribe wasn't working the way it should have been? Why didn't YOU do anything?

DeletedUser

In game I was OwnerOneOOne.

I never have the same ingame as the forum as I like to keep the two separate.

If you had a look at me and my position I was not nobeling the rim. I was the front with shAve and was constantly told we are doing this.

I sent support when needed. I sat accounts when needed. I attacked and defended where required..

I gave all I was asked for but pity the tribe did not know that "Council" was not a council.

DeletedUser

You mailed them and I believe save 2 members, who had common sense and refused, they were willing to join, to betray their own tribe. Instead of fighting, giving this world a war that it hasn't seen yet, you chose the easy, and cowardly way out. And even worse, there is almost no protest about this from members on this forum, from rival tribes. Is it normal to take in your enemies? Not in my book. You should fight them.

you became our enemies lol so we fought you!! now go home, to the rim small one.
not "worthy" enough !!

ramoth, idiot

DeletedUser

Can you guys just rim me and get it over with?

I mean seriously, there are 6 players attacking me and it's like you guys take a 4 day vacation inbetween. I've sniped 11 trains so far, and you still haven't figured out how to beat that strategy?

I don't have nearly the amount of troops to stack, in fact I just killed my first train by stacking. And I wouldn't have enough troops to do that if it didn't take you so long.

Seems like 1 decent player attacking me, the rest of you are noobs and will be discovered and internalled by Shave unless their mass recruiting hugging leadership is as nooby as you.

I am just a fill in player as you can see by my siggy, I play w57, yet you still had a player try to recruit me too. HUGGGGGGERRRRRZZZZZZ!!!!

IT'S A WAR GAME! STOP RECRUITING YOUR ENEMIES!!!!!

That goes for all tribes by the way. And all worlds. It's out of control.

DeletedUser

The whole reason why we didnt attack Shave was:

We had 3 borders to stack and that's a lot giving the number of villages we had, not to mention when people were told to send exact amount of troops, some of them simply thought that they can send less because,you see, they have a village near them with an academy and they're afraid they can be attacked.

The plan was to attack Shave with other tribes, so they could distract most of Shave's attention from Speechless but none of the tribes involved did anything to prepare for the war

We had our front stacked right after New years break, not much,10k spears 3k hc or so on average front village but then 2 of front line players went red (angelis and jheidebrecht) without any access to their accounts, so those were 30 or so villages on front that could be taken easily by Shave.Not to mention we needed to waste nukes on them to cap their villages

Most of the account sits were done by me and jay, we were both on front, so taking care of multiple front line players is physically hard

As for leadership- when people invest their own time in running tribe they expect something in return, in this case, most of the time we had complaints about this and that. I mean how hard can it be to internal someone, apparently it's hard if the leadership has to step in and stop a player from attacking his own tribe member because he took " a village supposedly gifted to him" when in fact the player had quit and did not mention anything about gifting villages to anyone but people are so pr0 that they take matters into their own hands

My in-game if anyone want to flame-andzaze

DeletedUser96310

I think I've read enough of the forum flame regarding Speechless.

I also am not one to speak of issues I've little knowledge of and therefore find it interesting with others do and are then proven how little they did know.

So... with that in mind I will simply post that which I do know.

The players that joined us continue to show a focus and determination. They not only have participated within K66 ops but are participating on other fronts and therefore any players stating how speechless fell because there wasn't any teamwork and the members were greedy may be speaking truth but from what I've seen of those who joined shAve is the exact opposite.

Every member has actively and cordially participated in an impressive fashion.

As for Jay's leadership issues and the questions being thrown around. Jay was in a difficult position mostly as a result of his own leadership style. I don't believe he "can't" lead but I do believe he over led and when council tried to step up he felt rejected. He isn't the first to feel that way and I'm certain won't be the last.

Lastly, Jay was always very cordial with me and though we had our differences in opinions, I always left our chats feeling as though I gave respect and also received it. To often we post our hatred on the forum and show how immature we are. Truth is, leading with an iron fist is a very difficult task when dealing with so many people of different ages, different ideals and different background. Hence the reason I let council lead for the most part and give players of all levels the same respect.

As for our recruitment of speechless members... I hope they feel like they found a tribe that is focused. That has a vision of whats next and most importantly, that will allow them to have the fun that will keep the game enjoyable. (Team work, skype community, forum community, coordinated ops and sometimes the "Dang you Bee, your killing me, knock it off" comments.) As a leader, I've done things in past worlds that I regret, I'm sure I'll do some stupid moves in 59 too but I am absolutely positive that our recruitment of a few of the speechless members wasn't a regretful move. Besides, when I do screw up I have a whole tribe that can chew my arse and keep me humble. (ofc so too can a few good friends positioned in different parts of this wonderful world.)

World 59 will prove to be a very interesting world in the coming months and I'm certain our southern members will proven their worth not just once but time and again.

DeletedUser

Can you guys just rim me and get it over with?

I mean seriously, there are 6 players attacking me and it's like you guys take a 4 day vacation inbetween. I've sniped 11 trains so far, and you still haven't figured out how to beat that strategy?

I don't have nearly the amount of troops to stack, in fact I just killed my first train by stacking. And I wouldn't have enough troops to do that if it didn't take you so long.

Seems like 1 decent player attacking me, the rest of you are noobs and will be discovered and internalled by Shave unless their mass recruiting hugging leadership is as nooby as you.

I am just a fill in player as you can see by my siggy, I play w57, yet you still had a player try to recruit me too. HUGGGGGGERRRRRZZZZZZ!!!!

IT'S A WAR GAME! STOP RECRUITING YOUR ENEMIES!!!!!

That goes for all tribes by the way. And all worlds. It's out of control.

appleburger87 on 28.01. at 23:02
this is the last train youll see out of me. time to downshift, itll take a bit longer than i like but im sick of you sniping me:]