thought on speed

greenmonsta

just wondering what everyone thinks about it now, I myself didnt like it...not enough players and it was too slow. also the sleep mode thing SUCKS big time, i cane back from the pub to find my game in sleep, that needs to be disabled and they need a free round every 2 months or so, should help get more players in if they like the server.

DeletedUser

I agree. It is rather slow (even as I type this I'm constantly checking Die-Stamme to make sure everythings going smoothy on SDS) and the sleep mode is horrible, especially since I have no sleeping pattern :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Theres people complaining about how slow it is but in about 2 weeks when you have about 40 villages you won't be complaining then as you will be constantly sending off attacks, building stuff. However i don't like the sleep mode either and i think it should be changed. Also they should vary the different rounds like make the next round 500x speed and every now and theen throw in a free round to promote it and get more people playing it.

DeletedUser

I played german speed sserver a few, at speed 150+, it's very amazing and fun

I hope that the next round will be:
- speed: 150/200
- duration: 30 hours (thrust me, it's enough ... )
- World 1 units

So that we can play over a simple weekend

No idea regarding sleep mode. but at this speed, everyone gonna need a break after a few hours ...

DeletedUser

Hopefully a lot more people play the next round. I definitely think that there isn't enough players right now for there to be a sleep mode. That's way too much downtime. If i'm not on sleep then at least half of my farms are.

DeletedUser

You guys are horrible at managing your sleep mode time. Seriously if it creeps up on you like that.....thats funny stuff.

Sleep mode also hinders the guys that are teamed up. Thats great that you guys are giving your own personal opinion but I am having doubts about how many of you are really seeing the big picture about what sleep time is supposed to do.

Also about making it ultra speed, perhaps they will make one for that but I doubt it will be the next one. But it isnt a bad idea to give the month long guys a week break afterwards by throwing a week lone 100 times speed server. What ya think about that?

Bedtime Bear

I think a 12 hour game would be good. Just think not having to be sleep debrived because of a game :)

And most people will need a week break after this, so afew really fast severs will be perfect to let me get some bloody sleep :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Also about making it ultra speed, perhaps they will make one for that but I doubt it will be the next one. But it isnt a bad idea to give the month long guys a week break afterwards by throwing a week lone 100 times speed server. What ya think about that?

too fast over the week, many of us are working or studing:
- At this speed, your warehouse is full in 30/40 minutes I think (and I'm large) ...
- expect high population at start and 99% to become farms on the monday

DeletedUser

I think a 12 hour game would be good. Just think not having to be sleep debrived because of a game :)

And most people will need a week break after this, so afew really fast severs will be perfect to let me get some bloody sleep :icon_biggrin:

I don't think we are ready for a 400+ speed ... .net players are very bad on average ( yeah hate me, but I said it! ). And with this speed, they will never have the time to do anything ...

(pershap we can do it just for the fun of seeing a n-less guy win it lol)

DeletedUser

too fast over the week, many of us are working or studing:
- At this speed, your warehouse is full in 30/40 minutes I think (and I'm large) ...
- expect high population at start and 99% to become farms on the monday

Well as discussion which speed would work best for a week long game? I truly have no clue and was just tossing one out.

DeletedUser

Well as discussion which speed would work best for a week long game? I truly have no clue and was just tossing one out.

well personnaly I think none, whatever faster than speed 5 would be too fast (I even think 5 is going to be too fast). I just can't play on daytime
I'm not mandatory ... but I don't think I'm alone in this situation :)

I joined the 150 speed one week long german server yesterday. ranked 35 after 5 hours ( go me :icon_biggrin: ), was growing fast ... . But I couldn't log in today, so now I'm ranked 1000+ and certainly being farmed :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

100-150 speed should work. My personal favourite is 120. But I like that 10x speed of TW too. Just the forced sleepmode sucks - even for a player, that plays his account on his own. :icon_wink:

Bedtime Bear

100-150 speed should work. My personal favourite is 120. But I like that 10x speed of TW too. Just the forced sleepmode sucks - even for a player, that plays his account on his own. :icon_wink:

Are you an insomniac? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Well for a week long I doubt they would have sleep on.

Granted sleepmode might be a pain for some but its something we all deal with so its fair.

DeletedUser

Well for a week long I doubt they would have sleep on.

Granted sleepmode might be a pain for some but its something we all deal with so its fair.

Or they could reduce sleep mode to one hour or so for cat naps :icon_biggrin:.

DeletedUser

You guys are gonna hate me, but I think the best thing to do for sleep mode is reduce it to every 24-30 hours.

the problem as it is now, is all the top players let sleep mode come every 36 hours. Everyone playing one person per account HAS to go into sleep mode once every 24 hours so they don't run the risk of getting nobled while they're asleep.

Top guys can complain about it, but, as it is, it's unfair towards them...not towards the people with one player. So if the top guys are complaining, imagine how the single players spending 50% more time in sleep mode must feel.

DeletedUser

You guys are gonna hate me, but I think the best thing to do for sleep mode is reduce it to every 24-30 hours.

the problem as it is now, is all the top players let sleep mode come every 36 hours. Everyone playing one person per account HAS to go into sleep mode once every 24 hours so they don't run the risk of getting nobled while they're asleep.

Top guys can complain about it, but, as it is, it's unfair towards them...not towards the people with one player. So if the top guys are complaining, imagine how the single players spending 50% more time in sleep mode must feel.

Ever heard of account sitting ? I am playing alone, just have had help from tribesmates sitting, and still only used the sleep mode every 36.

DeletedUser

I'm not one of those one-player accounts, petra.

And I know plenty of people who either can't find account sitters on during their off times, can't find ones that are willing to help, or just want to play by themselves.

And besides, good luck trusting your sitter in two weeks. They wanna win just as badly as you :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I rock your faces, havnt shared my account yet or let someone sit it. :lol:

Actually I agree with you hibby on the sleep mode thing. I just didnt want to be the first to say it.