Time for The Truth

DeletedUser

For the first time ...

I think it will be good to let the w41 players to know the truth, nothing but the truth ... on what actually happened in this world.

For this thread, I would love to call upon all the tribe leaders, past dukes and barons to share the internal truth story on what do you think that could happen / lead to the current situation.

This thread is not to pinpoint who fault or to put the blame or finger pointing.

The syntax in this thread should work this way:

1. Who are you and from which tribe (ie duke or baron) ?
2. What have happen to your tribe and what causes it disband or demise.
3. What could have avoided to make (2) a non-event.
4. Learning point

Admin: Delete this thread if u think it is irrelevant.

FOR NOW, I would like to call on my mentor SM of AXES (former duke of Hiraya) to explain his position. LOL:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Phylo

I know I'm not SM, so, sorry for replying before he does.

As most of you know, I love this game. I'v been playing it for more them 4 years now and I'm not the kind if giving up. I still play my first world, in my first tribe with only 2 members now, as the others left.

Said that, and about w41, I was enjoying it very much, until the mass abandoned began with OCD. After that, we all could see inactivity growing and growing in all tribes.

The AXES recruitment policy (I'm not criticizing now), lead to a situation where we could see the good active players all gathering in one single tribe, leaving the few ones that were ready to opose in an impossible situation.

What happened in HBK (and I believe it is happening in other tribes), is very easy to understand. We were ready to, at least, loose with a good fight, but we also had inactivity problems. In the end we were, in fact, most of the time, 4 players sitting almost all the accounts and 2 of those players even share connection. It became unbarable (sorry Pompey, we really believed you would not come back :icon_sad:)... We all have lives, and no account was co-played so, there was no chance of playing properly. We couldn't support eachother, we couldn't coordinate actions, we couldn't even send resources to eachother, and some accounts were reaching the sitting time-limit... It was becoming more a job then an enjoyable game. A game should be fun, to relax and enjoy and not some mandatory obligation that makes us come running home to connect to take care of several accounts, lots of times even before our own.

That's why we dismissed and left. It became frustrating and boring, and a game is supposed to be fun...

That is what happened with HBK and I believe that in most tribes it must be happening the same.

So, what happened was that most of the strong active players got toguether on one side of the war, leaving the few remaining actives dealing with a lot of sittings and inactivity. The world became absolutly out of balance and lost all fun...

Well, AXES want to close it in a record time. I guess they will do it, as most of the active players, instead of gethering to create a real oposition, simply decided that it would be easier to "jump" to the winning side. And AXES, of course, agree, as it makes it much easier to reach the clusure of the world.

As an example, I can point the former Hiraya players. Hiraya was at war with |X| and with HBK. I don't know what negotiations happened, but one day the war was over and they merged into |X|, creating Xiraya. Then, when the war with AXES began, it seems that they had internal problems and instead of talking with their allies, and try to organize a common front, simply left Xiraya and joined the AXES... For us, in HBK, their allies, it was a real surprise. And, Xavier, you know it is true. We talked about that...

As this happened in our backyard, I believe it must had happened also in other tribes...

In my opinion, it was this kind of actions, added to major inactivity, that killed this world.

DeletedUser

I know I'm not SM, so, sorry for replying before he does.

As most of you know, I love this game. I'v been playing it for more them 4 years now and I'm not the kind if giving up. I still play my first world, in my first tribe with only 2 members now, as the others left.

Said that, and about w41, I was enjoying it very much, until the mass abandoned began with OCD. After that, we all could see inactivity growing and growing in all tribes.

The AXES recruitment policy (I'm not criticizing now), lead to a situation where we could see the good active players all gathering in one single tribe, leaving the few ones that were ready to opose in an impossible situation.

What happened in HBK (and I believe it is happening in other tribes), is very easy to understand. We were ready to, at least, loose with a good fight, but we also had inactivity problems. In the end we were, in fact, most of the time, 4 players sitting almost all the accounts and 2 of those players even share connection. It became unbarable (sorry Pompey, we really believed you would not come back :icon_sad:)... We all have lives, and no account was co-played so, there was no chance of playing properly. We couldn't support eachother, we couldn't coordinate actions, we couldn't even send resources to eachother, and some accounts were reaching the sitting time-limit... It was becoming more a job then an enjoyable game. A game should be fun, to relax and enjoy and not some mandatory obligation that makes us come running home to connect to take care of several accounts, lots of times even before our own.

That's why we dismissed and left. It became frustrating and boring, and a game is supposed to be fun...

That is what happened with HBK and I believe that in most tribes it must be happening the same.

So, what happened was that most of the strong active players got toguether on one side of the war, leaving the few remaining actives dealing with a lot of sittings and inactivity. The world became absolutly out of balance and lost all fun...

Well, AXES want to close it in a record time. I guess they will do it, as most of the active players, instead of gethering to create a real oposition, simply decided that it would be easier to "jump" to the winning side. And AXES, of course, agree, as it makes it much easier to reach the clusure of the world.

As an example, I can point the former Hiraya players. Hiraya was at war with |X| and with HBK. I don't know what negotiations happened, but one day the war was over and they merged into |X|, creating Xiraya. Then, when the war with AXES began, it seems that they had internal problems and instead of talking with their allies, and try to organize a common front, simply left Xiraya and joined the AXES... For us, in HBK, their allies, it was a real surprise. And, Xavier, you know it is true. We talked about that...

As this happened in our backyard, I believe it must had happened also in other tribes...

In my opinion, it was this kind of actions, added to major inactivity, that killed this world.

Thank you for finally giving it straight.

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
what went wrong? what about what went right? for axes things couldnt have went better..

i still think knock is cooler then axes though :p

DeletedUser

what went wrong? what about what went right? for axes things couldnt have went better..

yeah Knock! was the Bada$$ of this world..lol

but times fly´s and worlds adjust

DeletedUser

This isn't in format, and I'm nobody important so I'd like to say something about leadership. All this time, up until this point right now, with HBK deleting the break down of Motive and the subsequent warring of those tribes, this world has had potential. However slim, infinitesimal and hopeful, everyone in the south had a thought that if they really put their backs into it, they'd win. And it was a true thought. It had potential to be a future reality.

Surprisingly, people from other worlds should love this world instead of perhaps laugh at it and hate it. This world is perfect and prime for leaders. It even is right now. Because that's the root of all this. Not inactivity. Not the barb munching. Not the inability to coordinate. It's leaders. And no one but Axes has them.

Evil-git, I am calling you out. To say something about what has happened, to explain yourself, for the love of god something. Your tribe is 4 times smaller than it was. It's not that you aren't a nice guy (maybe, I don't know) and it isn't that you're a bad player (I don't know that either). But you aren't a good leader. You aren't even an average leader. You're sub par ham buddy. You, and you alone had the ability to take your position and revitalize people with it.

What did you do instead? You held onto your duke-ship as if someone could replace you easily. You never promoted anyone to coduke you (though they may have deserved it or would have been great co-leaders). The operations, when run, lacked structure, standards and consequences for failure. People you were in a tribe with were marginalized by you whether through your own words, actions or lack thereof. The goals set were to destroy axes but they lacked vision, planning and passion. You lack the Spark.

What is the spark? What is leadership? The basic definition is the organization of people to achieve a common goal. Your goal was to destroy axes, and now we control 3/4ths of the world. Where are your leadership qualities?

I ripped these from wiki:

Significant relationships exist between leadership and such individual traits as:
intelligence
adjustment
extraversion
conscientiousness
openness to experience
general self-efficacy

These aren't perfect words or ideas but they are like glasses so you can see clearly. I've never seen any of these characteristics out of you. I beg anyone from Motive to come here and tell me otherwise. I'll leave off intelligence as one to fight about because its not reasonably measurable in this case.

My complaints? Never once during the war did I receive mail from you. I was coplaying the duke of Axes and we were in contact with the other dukes every couple of weeks or so. But you were rarely in contact with us. I know you might say there was no reason, but in my mind, any avenue is an avenue to exploit for the better benefit of your tribe. By toying with us, you would have gained more time, because booza can be more open to such ventures from other dukes then the rest of council.

Your nonexistent Ops and your lack of enforcement. Your poor players who actually tried. The Ops would start, a few players would participate out of say 20. These few players would fight their hearts out. Attacking, nuking, dodging, sniping, working so hard to achieve the goal. They'd get deep into it, but it was like hitting walls of brick. Axes restacks the village. Axes recaps the village. Axes sends 5k to your 2k attacks. You ask others to send fakes to stop these Axes people from attacking you. Yet the Axes people don't stop, and you realize you're alone out here. One or two people fighting a 70 person machine. And... what happens next is anger, despondency, burnout, infighting, spying. There's lots of consequences for these few people being left out in the cold.

The inactivity and barb nobling are so minor. They take care of themselves when Operations are enforced and going yellow more than once isn't an option. Complaints about how you'd lose all your players matters little because you could have trusted the fact that Axes wouldn't likely take motive's cast offs so easily. Everything I've talked about as complaints about Motive come down to the tribe's direction and actions in that direction. This is, as you may have noticed, all about lack of leadership.

It is the leader's duty to uphold the standard of the tribe. He dictates the honor of his membership because he is only as honorable as the rest of his tribe, and vice versa. The lack of enforcement of Ops shows a lack of standards; that players are not beholden unto one another and can abandon others at will without a leader coming down on this and demanding that the abandoning player respect themselves and their teammate more than this. The tribe lacked honesty to one another unless it was posted in explosive and humiliating internal posts. Subjects important to the average tribe member broached in seriousness never garnered discussion or care from the leadership. The dissonance resonated throughout the tribe and then reverberated back to the player who asked the question, making the individual feel like he was alone in the middle of a crowd of people he realized that he did not know.

Fighting a tribe that doesn't care enough about its own members is so embarrassing. Axes tries every day to tell ourselves we're not fighting barbs or noobs; but why does it feel this way? All sorts of players outside of Axes are good players at heart. There are some people out there that just needed guidance and they would be decent players. Axes defining its goal as winning this world is a response to the fact that our opponents offer us no resistance. The fight is over because you guys can't fight together as a tribe and are now attacking each other while we sit with that 3/4ths. Aren't you enraged? Aren't you angry enough that somewhere amongst you there's someone who has focus, dedication and time to be the leader that you can be honored to be a tribe mate of? Even Axes can either honor his name or spew venom over it because he made a good tactical decision?

I remember seeing a forum post in the Motive internals where a member asked you, Evil-Git, to step down. And if I were you Git, I wouldn't have either. Because again, the reality is, there wasn't and isn't anyone better to take your place. And that is the saddest end to your story.

DeletedUser20525

Man Xavier that is a tall order.

Lets start with a core fact. I joined W41 with absolutely no interest in ever leading a tribe again. On W9 I played david Vs Goliath for 2 years and it ground me out so badly that I didnt play another world for over a year. My tribe on 9 was the elite, it had proven so by fighting a 2 continent war for all that time without breaks before any scripts and not losing ground, and it got subsumed via some truly insane circumstances that I wont go into here. But, bottom line, I had no interest in ever getting into the drama-press that is leading a tribe ever again.

Now for another tidbit. I looked at the world, having started in K41 and having decided to move coreward, and the first tribe I apped to was OCD. At 20K points. I told them who I was, who I had been and told them quite frankly that if they didnt invite me I would end up in another tribe, wasnt a tribe hopper, and would be a thorn in their side in their attempts to take over the west for an extremely long time. Of course they ignored this. I joned boss, it was a horrible tribe with no teamwork and no future, and then I joined Hiraya.

I was told hiraya had an experienced leadership cadre and would go far in this world. Thats what I was looking for. It turned out that this was the very first time the duo running the duke account had ever tried to lead in TW and they made a series of bad decisions. They forced me to become a baron and I forced them to make me duke. I then set about making hiraya into the david that could fight goliath, just as I had done on W9. In doing so I leaned extremely heavily on a triumvirate of players, Xavierseah, Legend2204, and although not in the lead position my war dog, Hopalong. These 3 guys I counted on more than everyoen else in the tribe to accomplish my core goals. Why? Because if I said go kill that guy over there, he got killed. Me, those 3, The rest of the tribe trying their best...dead guy.

I set about creating an atmosphere that would be special and would create loyalty that wouldnt break under pressure. Obviously, I failed. Axes recruited Kyriie and took out a major personality that a lot of the "younger" players were tied to. OCD mass recruited the top 15 from the tribe. Players left due to distance, or because they convinced themselves the grass was greener, etc. Our core stayed. Our core prospered. It was hard going and it forced me to basically kick The.Late.Paris and his "hippy" ideas completely to the side and create a true war machine. Players were only invited if they fought us and showed promise. A new core was born, Zeri, Dylan, Cuparman, etc.

But while the new core formed, I had burned out the old one. Most of them were holding on for a major war, We had held off fighting for to long and boredom had set in. The big war? S3x. A war that lasted exactly ONE landing time attack. We took 126 villages in one hit and poof they disbanded. My players were not willing to wait for the next big thing. Hopalong quit. Legend quit, Others quit. Without his incredible nuking and Legend's support and help making my plans I was in a bad way. Xavierseah's son quit on me too, which was a major blow to that account. I was forced to do something drastic. I was forced to immediatly war another tribe even though our tribe's main attacking engine was now dead.|X| quickly realized that hopalong wasnt there and started capping the living crap out of that account and some of the other inactives. My play style has always been to attack live targets, and we capped many of their actual players in turn. This is why I laugh when they state stats to me. You take inactives, I take actives, lets see who wins in the end...it will be the guy killing off the active players. We had opped Adsum already and we had 400 nukes headed in on him to finish him off when all of a sudden we merged. We had to give him a list of nukes incoming and even he admitted it would have been the final bell for him.

But, at the same time this was happening...Axes was stirring in the north. Logic dictated that the only way any tribe was going to beat axes was if ALL the tribes left in the world joined forces and fought. Im not an idiot, and neither was Ro-boy. Having fought |X| I knew that 90% of their players were defensive, and although they couldnt attack worth a damn and were not up to my level of play with a few exceptions (killman being one) I decided to go ahead with the merger. I figured if they sent us defense and we fought the actual war, we would have a chance.

I spent 2 months begging I mean literally begging, in CMs for Defense to be sent north. 10 or so players did so. I was extremely EXTREMELY disgusted. I sent missives to motive, something that wasnt supposed to be my job. Roboy and M7 were supposed to handle motive and our connection to them. I was told "We are getting closer to axes by eating all these barbs" Thats right, at the moment of truth Motive was barb munching and only barb munching, and with a few exceptions, un.touchable, browneyedgirl, random.walker to name a few, they were 100% completely useless to xiraya.

Axes had a long history with me, and worse, they had someone in the tribe who knew how I planned. They put me into attack stasis by sending waves of 4000+ fakes and nukes at me, mostly catapult nukes. This was meant to keep my defense home, but it didnt. I kept 1 D per every 10 villages home and sent the rest to my friends, because without your friends this game is sht. I stopped all their nukes for over a week.

We in turn opped Uncle.Sam in such a manner that forced Axes to 24/7 sit the account and caused the owner to quit the game. Even on the attack with a few exceptions we got no support. Instead |X| attacked the inactive Delboy account and patted themselves on the back for their caps.

Meanwhile Booza contacted me and admitted that yes, I was right, no nobles were incoming. And that they were attempting to keep me locked down until the war was over so they could recruit me. I told him that I was un-recruitable without my core, and he agreed to take in my core as well. I still said no.

Booza made a tactical error in this, because I then sent ALL my defense to fk over the attacks on cuparman, Zeri, Dr. Dylan, and the other K31 players. Since I was unable to get any defense from my tribe to speak of this let them cat down my extremities. I was nuked down to 3k in K51, the middle of my supposed tribal support.

Meanwhile Hopalong's sit, which had been in the hands of someone simply...not there, returned, freaked out, and threw the sit at me. And I found out that I was handling an additional 3k untagged incomings. it turns out Booza was planning to take out the whole of Hopalong to gain a foothold in K42. Well, I couldnt allow that so I did a few things. I stacked. I allowed anything that was coming in without defense or with late defense to land, I took those on stealth and killed all the incoming defense, I renobled where I could. I basically took a giant crap in their attack plans. This was at the cost of nearly a week of my life 25/8 and it nearly burned me out of the game completely.

And still, no defense. M7 tried, he tried HARD but his tribe was a fkn lump of cowards and inactivity. The final straw for me was taking a sit because 300 (Three HUNDRED) incs were coming in, OBVIOUSLY FAKES and the person who had the inc had 90 defensive villages, 30 of which were defending some ass who wasnt in the tribe, and the rest sitting at home. We had had a g-d damn NAP and a month of free time to get our front lines sorted, and yet this ding dong was sitting with all his defense at home far on the backlines because maybe they would attack him. And so were most of the other ding dongs.

I have never begged in a game. I had begged here. Pleaded. Wrote impassioned speaches. And these a-holes had left my team hanging.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Dr. Dylan was on active duty in afganistan and had been sent on a fire mission...and Axes chose that exact moment to attack him with intent to rim. I told booza he was a dk and why, and poof, the attack dissipated.

This was a major change in my thoughts. I had been set to fight and die in a blaze of glory and make axes pay for every step they took into our zones. But how does one logically fight for people who had abused him and his while the other side shows that they are, well, more human.

A fighter FIGHTS. A figher KILLS. A Fighter stays true to himself....and I just couldnt fight for sheep. Booza, knowing how I played, made me promise to only bring over players who would be active and would fight every day. This caused me some hard decisions. I left behind 3 players and tried to make arrangements for them as well, and then we switched.

Because you cant be an underdog unless EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM IS ON THE SAME DAMN TEAM. To many of the |X| players were and still are on team themselves.

Phylo: I was war planner. Fkn Roboy was supposed to be getting you guys organized to help. The fact that you dont even know that just illustrates, once again, my point here.

Axes is an actual team. If someone is in trouble they send defense. If someone puts up resistance they nuke. Its quite refreshing. Its not the one mind one body organism that Hiraya was at the time of the S3X war but it doesnt have to be. They have size, something I have never had before this. And its a nice thing.

And because the players in the back feel safe, and KNOW that if they dont help the frontliners they will become the frontline, We will win this thing. Its a lesson that most of the other tribes out there dont understand or cant accomplish.

Thats my personal truth.

-SM

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Lets start with a core fact. I joined W41 with absolutely no interest in ever leading a tribe again. On W9 I played david Vs Goliath for 2 years and it ground me out so badly that I didnt play another world for over a year. My tribe on 9 was the elite, it had proven so by fighting a 2 continent war for all that time without breaks before any scripts and not losing ground, and it got subsumed via some truly insane circumstances that I wont go into here. But, bottom line, I had no interest in ever getting into the drama-press that is leading a tribe ever again.

Now for another tidbit. I looked at the world, having started in K41 and having decided to move coreward, and the first tribe I apped to was OCD. At 20K points. I told them who I was, who I had been and told them quite frankly that if they didnt invite me I would end up in another tribe, wasnt a tribe hopper, and would be a thorn in their side in their attempts to take over the west for an extremely long time. Of course they ignored this. I joned boss, it was a horrible tribe with no teamwork and no future, and then I joined Hiraya.

I was told hiraya had an experienced leadership cadre and would go far in this world. Thats what I was looking for. It turned out that this was the very first time the duo running the duke account had ever tried to lead in TW and they made a series of bad decisions. They forced me to become a baron and I forced them to make me duke. I then set about making hiraya into the david that could fight goliath, just as I had done on W9. In doing so I leaned extremely heavily on a triumvirate of players, Xavierseah, Legend2204, and although not in the lead position my war dog, Hopalong. These 3 guys I counted on more than everyoen else in the tribe to accomplish my core goals. Why? Because if I said go kill that guy over there, he got killed. Me, those 3, The rest of the tribe trying their best...dead guy.

I set about creating an atmosphere that would be special and would create loyalty that wouldnt break under pressure. Obviously, I failed. Axes recruited Kyriie and took out a major personality that a lot of the "younger" players were tied to. OCD mass recruited the top 15 from the tribe. Players left due to distance, or because they convinced themselves the grass was greener, etc. Our core stayed. Our core prospered. It was hard going and it forced me to basically kick The.Late.Paris and his "hippy" ideas completely to the side and create a true war machine. Players were only invited if they fought us and showed promise. A new core was born, Zeri, Dylan, Cuparman, etc.

But while the new core formed, I had burned out the old one. Most of them were holding on for a major war, We had held off fighting for to long and boredom had set in. The big war? S3x. A war that lasted exactly ONE landing time attack. We took 126 villages in one hit and poof they disbanded. My players were not willing to wait for the next big thing. Hopalong quit. Legend quit, Others quit. Without his incredible nuking and Legend's support and help making my plans I was in a bad way. Xavierseah's son quit on me too, which was a major blow to that account. I was forced to do something drastic. I was forced to immediatly war another tribe even though our tribe's main attacking engine was now dead.|X| quickly realized that hopalong wasnt there and started capping the living crap out of that account and some of the other inactives. My play style has always been to attack live targets, and we capped many of their actual players in turn. This is why I laugh when they state stats to me. You take inactives, I take actives, lets see who wins in the end...it will be the guy killing off the active players. We had opped Adsum already and we had 400 nukes headed in on him to finish him off when all of a sudden we merged. We had to give him a list of nukes incoming and even he admitted it would have been the final bell for him.

But, at the same time this was happening...Axes was stirring in the north. Logic dictated that the only way any tribe was going to beat axes was if ALL the tribes left in the world joined forces and fought. Im not an idiot, and neither was Ro-boy. Having fought |X| I knew that 90% of their players were defensive, and although they couldnt attack worth a damn and were not up to my level of play with a few exceptions (killman being one) I decided to go ahead with the merger. I figured if they sent us defense and we fought the actual war, we would have a chance.

I spent 2 months begging I mean literally begging, in CMs for Defense to be sent north. 10 or so players did so. I was extremely EXTREMELY disgusted. I sent missives to motive, something that wasnt supposed to be my job. Roboy and M7 were supposed to handle motive and our connection to them. I was told "We are getting closer to axes by eating all these barbs" Thats right, at the moment of truth Motive was barb munching and only barb munching, and with a few exceptions, un.touchable, browneyedgirl, random.walker to name a few, they were 100% completely useless to xiraya.

Axes had a long history with me, and worse, they had someone in the tribe who knew how I planned. They put me into attack stasis by sending waves of 4000+ fakes and nukes at me, mostly catapult nukes. This was meant to keep my defense home, but it didnt. I kept 1 D per every 10 villages home and sent the rest to my friends, because without your friends this game is sht. I stopped all their nukes for over a week.

We in turn opped Uncle.Sam in such a manner that forced Axes to 24/7 sit the account and caused the owner to quit the game. Even on the attack with a few exceptions we got no support. Instead |X| attacked the inactive Delboy account and patted themselves on the back for their caps.

Meanwhile Booza contacted me and admitted that yes, I was right, no nobles were incoming. And that they were attempting to keep me locked down until the war was over so they could recruit me. I told him that I was un-recruitable without my core, and he agreed to take in my core as well. I still said no.

Booza made a tactical error in this, because I then sent ALL my defense to fk over the attacks on cuparman, Zeri, Dr. Dylan, and the other K31 players. Since I was unable to get any defense from my tribe to speak of this let them cat down my extremities. I was nuked down to 3k in K51, the middle of my supposed tribal support.

Meanwhile Hopalong's sit, which had been in the hands of someone simply...not there, returned, freaked out, and threw the sit at me. And I found out that I was handling an additional 3k untagged incomings. it turns out Booza was planning to take out the whole of Hopalong to gain a foothold in K42. Well, I couldnt allow that so I did a few things. I stacked. I allowed anything that was coming in without defense or with late defense to land, I took those on stealth and killed all the incoming defense, I renobled where I could. I basically took a giant crap in their attack plans. This was at the cost of nearly a week of my life 25/8 and it nearly burned me out of the game completely.

And still, no defense. M7 tried, he tried HARD but his tribe was a fkn lump of cowards and inactivity. The final straw for me was taking a sit because 300 (Three HUNDRED) incs were coming in, OBVIOUSLY FAKES and the person who had the inc had 90 defensive villages, 30 of which were defending some ass who wasnt in the tribe, and the rest sitting at home. We had had a g-d damn NAP and a month of free time to get our front lines sorted, and yet this ding dong was sitting with all his defense at home far on the backlines because maybe they would attack him. And so were most of the other ding dongs.

I have never begged in a game. I had begged here. Pleaded. Wrote impassioned speaches. And these a-holes had left my team hanging.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Dr. Dylan was on active duty in afganistan and had been sent on a fire mission...and Axes chose that exact moment to attack him with intent to rim. I told booza he was a dk and why, and poof, the attack dissipated.

This was a major change in my thoughts. I had been set to fight and die in a blaze of glory and make axes pay for every step they took into our zones. But how does one logically fight for people who had abused him and his while the other side shows that they are, well, more human.

A fighter FIGHTS. A figher KILLS. A Fighter stays true to himself....and I just couldnt fight for sheep. Booza, knowing how I played, made me promise to only bring over players who would be active and would fight every day. This caused me some hard decisions. I left behind 3 players and tried to make arrangements for them as well, and then we switched.

Because you cant be an underdog unless EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM IS ON THE SAME DAMN TEAM. To many of the |X| players were and still are on team themselves.

Phylo: I was war planner. Fkn Roboy was supposed to be getting you guys organized to help. The fact that you dont even know that just illustrates, once again, my point here.

Axes is an actual team. If someone is in trouble they send defense. If someone puts up resistance they nuke. Its quite refreshing. Its not the one mind one body organism that Hiraya was at the time of the S3X war but it doesnt have to be. They have size, something I have never had before this. And its a nice thing.

And because the players in the back feel safe, and KNOW that if they dont help the frontliners they will become the frontline, We will win this thing. Its a lesson that most of the other tribes out there dont understand or cant accomplish.

Thats my personal truth.

-SM

sm you are totaly right :icon_rolleyes:
but you took 15 minutes of my life :icon_eek:

DeletedUser20525

Oh #3: We could have pitted ourselves against OCD or Axes. Axes vs Knock and Hiraya was extremely tempting. We were kept from that by 3 things:

1: I gave my word.
2: OCD was our ally and asked us to keep out of it, which was semi irrelevant because I gave Jonathan my word.
3: S3x had a purty mouth.

Phylo

Axes is an actual team. If someone is in trouble they send defense. If someone puts up resistance they nuke. Its quite refreshing. ...

-SM

You should have talked to us. You would have find in HBK what you were looking for and you knew we were active. And toguether we could have made a difference...

DeletedUser

yeah Knock! was the Bada$$ of this world..lol

but times fly´s and worlds adjust

Absolutely :icon_cool:

Well i missed w41 game history pretty much for long time, but if i have to fix a point on which w41 fate was written, well that was when Knock! merged into AXES after a (failed) gangbang attempt from 4 surrounding tribes, AXES included.

After defeating 2 of these tribes (having left just AXES and Unreal, the AXEs academy that anyway was really far and pretty much irrilevant on conquer stats) Knock! pretty much remained without leadership (with me quitting, cody and sergei working too much in rl and so..).

Since then the end of w41 with AXEs winning was just a matter of time in mine view. Capable leaders in AXES and some of the best players i ever met on both sides couldnt have took the world anywhere else in mine opinion.

DeletedUser62294

Lets see here first I'll just say all of the tribes I was part of and the positions I was in. Started with Ruse my tribe I was duke, PwN was a member, OCD or whatever we were called member, then I reformed Ruse so was duke, then co duke of SCC and now member of Axes.

I started off w41 with my own tribe Ruse which was mainly located in k68 and had early control of that k. After being very dissapointed in the players that seemed to become members I disbanded the tribe and took a few members with me to PwN. As a PwN member it was a love hate relationship. PwN was hurt by our leaders more than anything else. Bad decisions were rampant and other choices could have changed the world. Warring Legacy I didn't mind they were arrogant and needed to be removed. Myself and many others in PwN then wanted a war with Knock! which would have changed everything and in my opinion OCD would have never deleted and Axes not the super power it is today. This of course wasn't not chosen by Cope and look what happened.

As a member of Smerge I was very dissapointed with the whole mass delete deal as we had enough good players to fight both Axes and Motive and still it being a fun fight. Again leaders betrayed the members end of story.

After this deletion I was tired of having incompetent leaders and wanted my own tribe of people I could trust. This was the start of Ruse at first it was only ex PwN members. An opportunity then came for me to Gasp into the tribe which I would have done the same thing even today. There were a few gems in that group. This along with a Size! member running his mouth on the forums lead to war with Size! We rimmed this player and after that the fight did die down we weren't that interested in carrying on the war. I looked north to SCC and their war with Axes if SCC fell the world would fall. I decided it was time to merge Ruse and SCC together as it was planned by me and Chorde to do all along.

Shortly after this merge we got an NAP with Axes which later would turn into an alliance. Well now that this was taken care of we turned back to Size! who kept attacking the entire time. Well Size! was getting smashed players began to leave their accounts and they merged with Motive. We carried on the war with Motive. Some time through a dissagreemnt between Axes and SCC began our long built up distrust and we began planning on what we would do when and if the day comes we had to war Axes. We thought it would be sooner rather than later so we had some talks with motive leadership. Axes found out wasn't happened they declared right away. Well by this time I really wasn't leading SCC and then Chorde dissapeared and no one was really leading SCC. After a few weeks of the war with Axes and it not going very well I stepped up again and got things organized as best I could we even began beating Axes some days in caps. Would have looked even better if our entire North didn't go MIA.

So the war kept going on and although we weren't losing badly anymore and the fight was evening up it had gotten old fast. There were still players that had very close ties on the opposite ties. I for one would never attack Egora or plan an attack on Egora and Sau as well however he's such a mystery. Funda I probably would have attacked over a fall out we had but I still wouldn't have liked it. Anyways around this time I also gotten fed up with no other tribes doing much Motive was playing Turtle up until the day all the specific details was agreed upon by me and Booza. Evil-git finally wanted to make a joint op. D.S.S. the tribe that could have changed the war wouldn't do anything although they had no frontline and that really ticked me off. HBK I liked the guys but they couldn't win it was only a matter time. So like I said I talked to Booza everything was agreed and all active SCC players were taken care of.

Now I'm a member of Axes and although I will never feel like a full Axes I'm here and I'm always loyal to the tribe I'm in.

Disclaimer: I was very broad with what I talked about but can go in detail if someone wishes they can just ask.

mdesjarl

Myself and many others in PwN then wanted a war with Knock! which would have changed everything and in my opinion OCD would have never deleted and Axes not the super power it is today. This of course wasn't not chosen by Cope and look what happened.

My role in the leadership of this world really picks up at this point. I can't speak for the early days of AXES as I was in NORSE before hand and spent my early wars of AXES (XP, SUV, and KNOCK) as a regular member. After the end of the KNOCK was I was promoted to Baron then shortly thereafter to Duke. Jona and Mohua had basically left and it was Booza, Me and Sergie as Dukes. The creation of Smerge was truely the turning point of the world. The old guard of Axes was sceptical of attacking OCD due to previous connections and our desire to give them a fair war. We were gearing up to fight PWN, with many of our western members making war clusters in B.F.E. (I still have a cluster in k47 I have no idea what to do with). After the merge our choices as I saw them were to either fight the barbs, Hiyara, or smerge. I choose smerge. Booza defered not wanting to have to make that decision. OCD then deleted.

After that, nother really much else that most ppl don't already know.

We warred SCC, Nap'd

We warred Hiraya, winning and took in their best (glad we did, they are great guys)

Warred Motive, they attacked barbs

Warred SCC again, they collaped, took their best

Made HBK delete

DeletedUser

Absolutely :icon_cool:

Well i missed w41 game history pretty much for long time, but if i have to fix a point on which w41 fate was written, well that was when Knock! merged into AXES after a (failed) gangbang attempt from 4 surrounding tribes, AXES included.

After defeating 2 of these tribes (having left just AXES and Unreal, the AXEs academy that anyway was really far and pretty much irrilevant on conquer stats) Knock! pretty much remained without leadership (with me quitting, cody and sergei working too much in rl and so..).

Since then the end of w41 with AXEs winning was just a matter of time in mine view. Capable leaders in AXES and some of the best players i ever met on both sides couldnt have took the world anywhere else in mine opinion.

devotio i miss you :p

and yes at the middle of the war and after constant war against all tribes around us(and winning all this war) knock still had alot of fighting in it we had same number of players capable in knock just like axes had but one lacking on one thing and that was an active leader to be active all the time and do things the right way, thats the biggest reason that was on the table when i decided to merge, cause i wanted to give a fair chance for all the great player that where raised in knock, its all about giving chances to the underdogs in knock and always have been like it from the start of the world :)

after that merger ocd merged with PWN and expected axes to stay out of it while they go and take out all the south(and delete by there own words which wouldnt have happened like always), stretigecly if we would have let it happen the world would have looked very diffrentlly today, but no one could expect this turn of events and axes being so close to winning the world its really a chalenge and i do think we did an execelnt job in pushing this world to the ending of it this fast(partly because of other leaders fault cause they couldnt unit against axes)

and the most funny thing is people expected axes to fall and split for a long time, which never happened....

DeletedUser

Wow, this was a long read.
I don't know if there's anything left to add. Anyone got ideas? :)

Phylo

We warred Hiraya, winning and took in their best (glad we did, they are great guys)

Warred SCC again, they collaped, took their best

Made HBK delete

That was what killed the world. Instead of fighting the best, you fought the weak and took in the stronguest... After all, it is easy to kill the weaks/inactives... :icon_wink:

And just a detail: Hiraya didn't fall to AXES. They lost with |X| and HBK and merged into |X|, forming Xiraya. The ones that went to AXES went from Xiraya (|X|+Hiraya)

DeletedUser

That was what killed the world. Instead of fighting the best, you fought the weak and took in the stronguest... After all, it is easy to kill the weaks/inactives... :icon_wink:

And just a detail: Hiraya didn't fall to AXES. They lost with |X| and HBK and merged into |X|, forming Xiraya. The ones that went to AXES went from Xiraya (|X|+Hiraya)

talking B-S again phylo?? what killed the world is ppl going inactive,, what happens in every world that almost ends.:icon_rolleyes: HBK deleting also killed the world, OCD deleting also killed the world, motive going inactive also killed the world, |x| going inactive also killed the world, D.S.S doing nothing also killed the world.:icon_rolleyes:

just admit that we played the game smart and are going 2 win.

DeletedUser

First of all, thanks everyone for the reply esp SM for the detailed inside story.

To SM, I fully supported on what you have done so far, from Hiraya to AXES. Being a warrior, I do doubt your decisions but I have to follow you whatever you go and will support you whatever you does. Being a commander in the armed forces in my own country, I also expect my men to follow my instructions whole-heartedly.

SM, I salute you.

To phylo, I hear your story. I love your story and I listen with open ear. I believe in what you have told me. Every world has its own settings and every world will end differently. For W41, yes, the possibilities of ending this world is thru merger. We cant deny this for now. And in fact, it is probably the best outcome we could have. It will be one of the fastest way to end this world in the earlier possible time.

We cant blame AXES for this nor AXES could blame HBK from mass deleting. I think we are missing the fun, yes, those fun we could found in ourselves in the earliest worlds. Should we blame TW from creating so many worlds within the short span ? Could be, I wont know but from business sense, they are probably doing the correct things.

Look at the stats yourself, this world i guess, is one of the worlds where players quitting at an alarming rate. Look at the forum thread post by Dos2 "Players Countdown", we have been seeing player quitting in hundredth almost on a few days intervals.

I almost wanted to quit this world. This world is bad for me and my son esp we were banned in the earlier part of the game. We have been punished for multi-account which till the day i died, I swear i didnt. The explaination given by the admin couldnt justified and being trained in network forensics, I know they are not doing a good job either. Worst, the request was closed before I could argue farther. Well, that is history and let's hush hush about that.

The.late.paris and kyriie urge me on and i duly comply to play cos I treasure friendship more than the game now.

I would just want to make use of this thread to listen the other side of the story. There is no right or wrong but it is very interesting to know what actually happen. Now i have hear a few stories and my conclusion for now ON WHY THIS WORLD FAIL TO THRIVE :

1. Lack of communication between tribe leaders
2. Inactivity
3. Too much worlds to join
4. It is everyone's fault.

Hush hush