Tired of Bonfires

Nahiyan123

I'm tired of this. I got 21k points with 4 villages (level 30 resource buildings in 3 of my villages) in the core and can't even mess with a 1.6k point offensive player. I even rammed his walls down to level 0. His loyalty was down to 12.
However, he sniped my last nobleman which had a half nuke guarding it. My ODA increased by 309 which pissed me off. I'd more than love to kill thousands of defensive units by sacrificing my half nuke but it sucks how my troops has simply just disappeared for nothing.

Worst of all, it happened to me 3-4 times already in the past 2 weeks. My troops are just disappearing for nothing.
I'm the top ranked player in my continent who has decent amount of troops but I still can't even clear a small player. In this world, a bonfire paladin with a workshop is like a village with infinite defensive power. 5 nukes hit and die and you simply replace the lost cats almost instantly.

I know a player who lost more than 8 nobles and countless nukes just for nothing. He has 38k points now, would be top ranked in the entire world if the bonfire wasn't there.

It's sad to see how barely active players can eliminate lot of nukes without almost any loss. Moreover, the bonfire is an easy weapon to get. I know lot of people who got the weapon. TW team could have at least made it super rare considering its super powers.
Worst of all, all the good villages in my area are either stacked with bonfire or has tribe mates or friends who can send bonfire support anytime. I tried nuking 3-4 players and lost my nukes every time.

I feel like donating my villages and quitting this world where people can virtually have infinite defensive power and is heavily dominated by luck. It's kinda like tribalhugs where people are punished for fighting.

Anyone else facing the same issues?

Last edited:

DeletedUser84793

I'm tired of this. I got 21k points with 4 villages (level 30 resource buildings in 3 of my villages) in the core and can't even mess with a 1.6k point offensive player. I even rammed his walls down to level 0. His loyalty was down to 12.
However, he sniped my last nobleman which had a half nuke guarding it. My ODA increased by 309 which pissed me off. I'd more than love to kill thousands of defensive units by sacrificing my half nuke but it sucks how my troops has simply just disappeared for nothing.

Worst of all, it happened to me 3-4 times already in the past 2 weeks. My troops are just disappearing for nothing.
I'm the top ranked player in my continent who has decent amount of troops but I still can't even clear a small player. In this world, a bonfire paladin with a workshop is like a village with infinite defensive power. 5 nukes hit and die and you simply replace the lost cats almost instantly.

I know a player who lost more than 8 nobles and countless nukes just for nothing. He has 38k points now, would be top ranked in the entire world if the bonfire wasn't there.

It's sad to see how barely active players can eliminate lot of nukes without almost any loss. Moreover, the bonfire is an easy weapon to get. I know lot of people who got the weapon. TW team could have at least made it super rare considering its super powers.
Worst of all, all the good villages in my area are either stacked with bonfire or has tribe mates or friends who can send bonfire support anytime. I tried nuking 3-4 players and lost my nukes every time.

I feel like donating my villages and quitting this world where people can virtually have infinite defensive power and is heavily dominated by luck. It's kinda like tribalhugs where people are punished for fighting.

Anyone else facing the same issues?

need some tissue?..lol bonfire rules! just think about how easy it is to wipe out a full defensive with out bonfire...part of the game. this makes it hard for the big guys to just role over others..and now bonfire is in effect you cant do that unless you got a tribe to help ya..but if ya did..it will still be very costly...i like it...makes the game more interesting i think..makes ya think twice before you go on a killing spree with out concern. learn to love the bonfire..except it..be friends with it. if you had one..you would love it..lol cheers.

DeletedUser92753

People's opinions on Bonfire tend to swing drastically depending on if they actually have one or not. Also, why are you worried about clearing such a small player? Even without bonfire, morale would hurt too. These features are in place so that player actually stands a fighting chance when large players attack.

DeletedUser84793

People's opinions on Bonfire tend to swing drastically depending on if they actually have one or not. Also, why are you worried about clearing such a small player? Even without bonfire, morale would hurt too. These features are in place so that player actually stands a fighting chance when large players attack.

I could not have said this better..I agree completely.

Nahiyan123

So you guys are supporting the concept of 'infinite defense', I see. Just one paladin with supernatural and totally unrealistic powers and he takes down thousands of nukes with little maintenance...without walls of course.

Morale is nothing, it just makes us lose more troops and it's not a big deal.

I understand the points stated above but I never said that I can't only clear small players, it also applies for all players, even me. I can't take over anyone without a noble train and lot of luck. As soon as the guy gets alerted (even with a simple scout report), he calls for bonfire support and I'm done for the week. There is little room for open fight.

According to what you guys said, the whole concept of bonfire is to prevent wars and restrict fights only to sneaky attacks involving lot of luck. This is not what tribalwars is, it's more of new version of tribalhugs with limited attacks only.
Tribalwars is a game where one day of inactivity can make you lose everything, people survive with smart tactics and not with a mysterious weapon. This makes gameplay really slow. My tribe is ranked 2 in the continent and has been unsuccessful to take down lot of enemies. We were forced to just leave them alone. At the end of the day, we are pretty much forced to noble barbs only. All those small and countless players all over our cluster are bonfire whores.

If you're weak, you lose. That's what these kind of war games are all about. I hate these anti-defeat concepts.

And it's not about having one or not, it's about clearing players. You have to pay the price for being weak. We work hard to get lot of villages and dominate. I didn't get so many points heavily relying on luck, I worked hard day and night for it and it's sad to see my efforts vanish for nothing. I'm not mad at those players, I'm simply not happy to see tribalwars making such unfair moves.

And one more thing, I'd not complain so much if bonfire increased defensive power of cats by 100% (100% is still a lot) but 1000% is way too much.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1082

It's a part of the game which nobody has an advantage with, everyone has the exact same chance of getting it and it's more effective the bigger you are (more villages=more cat production). It also has its drawbacks-non versatile villages, using up your paladin. Whilst it may be bullshit, it's fair bullshit, it doesn't give anyone an advantage any more than getting a good area does or getting lucky with nearby players, so it's fair bullshit.

DeletedUser117225

So you can't run over a 1.6k player with your 4 villages. Go bully somebody else. Bonfire gives the little guy a chance to survive. I'm all for it.

Nahiyan123

'Bonfire gives the little guy a chance to survive'? Morales are here for a reason and bonfire makes it impossible to clear someone. If it increased the defensive strength of cats by a few percentage, I wouldn't mind but making it virtually impossible to defeat with a small number is something serious. It's like "Attack this village and your troops will go to a black hole without affecting the target."

Well it really doesn't matter how many cats you got, just get around 200 cats and it can kill nukes one after another. Just keep replacing the lost ones from time to time and you'll be fine.

I'm more pissed off at the fact that I can't fight an operation or even clear my area even if I get 100 nukes, it's impossible to clear almost anyone. Tribalwars is not a hugging society, it's a WAR game. Indirectly forbidding players to attack each other is bullshit.

What do you suggest me to do in this war game? Stop attacking anyone cause they have a pretty good chance (almost 95%) of getting supported by 200 cats and a bonfire pally which impossible to clear?

You guys are ignoring my word 'impossible'.

DeletedUser112704

So you guys are supporting the concept of 'infinite defense', I see. Just one paladin with supernatural and totally unrealistic powers and he takes down thousands of nukes with little maintenance...without walls of course.
lets be realistic here, you are clearly overreacting.

there are pros and cons for it. yes, it boosts cats, but its not perfect, cats are weak against LCs, just throw couple of LCs nukes in it, if its pure cat build and you'll kill it with ease. to fully build a bonfire village, you need a lot of time, I mean A LOT, even if you max out your workshop, its still too long.

best build I've ever managed to build using bonfire was 4k spears and 2k cats (if I recall correctly). it was meant to counter cat's weak points and that build on its own could take around 4 nukes, and 4 nukes is nothing in mid and late game. you can sacrifice that much, if the village is important.

you can only defend one village with it and you won't be building cats only in all of your villages. that's stupid, you need other troops too.

its not easy to get, it purely depends on luck. on W70 it was the last weapon I found, the last. sure there are some lucky ones, who find it in the beginning and there are unlucky ones who meet these luck ones at that time (like you).

personally I do get annoyed, when I come across it when attacking, but enjoy having it, because it gives me an ability to make more tactical moves.

only downside is, all other weapons become crap, once you find it, because its significantly better and important than others (not overpowered imo though).

d4m0

It's 'fair' because everyone has the same chance to get it, yes, but so is a button that when pressed randomly takes a village from one player and gives it to another player. It doesn't give anyone an advantage over anyone else, but it's stupid in the context of the game and clearly overpowered and imbalanced.

Spoons are deadly

Because if the bonfire did not exist then it takes away some of the extras we now have in this game that adds more of a challenge for everybody. Buying premium and flags can give a huge bonus to players, as can random luck like receiving the bonfire, or these quests. It's that little bit extra which can give the underdog a chance in a game now dominated by big spenders *cough*-Sakura-*cough*.

P.s keep your train within a second and maybe a 1.6k player won't cancel snipe you.

DeletedUser117225

'Bonfire gives the little guy a chance to survive'? Morales are here for a reason and bonfire makes it impossible to clear someone. If it increased the defensive strength of cats by a few percentage, I wouldn't mind but making it virtually impossible to defeat with a small number is something serious. It's like "Attack this village and your troops will go to a black hole without affecting the target."

Well it really doesn't matter how many cats you got, just get around 200 cats and it can kill nukes one after another. Just keep replacing the lost ones from time to time and you'll be fine.

I'm more pissed off at the fact that I can't fight an operation or even clear my area even if I get 100 nukes, it's impossible to clear almost anyone. Tribalwars is not a hugging society, it's a WAR game. Indirectly forbidding players to attack each other is bullshit.

What do you suggest me to do in this war game? Stop attacking anyone cause they have a pretty good chance (almost 95%) of getting supported by 200 cats and a bonfire pally which impossible to clear?

You guys are ignoring my word 'impossible'.

Wrong on all points. It's more difficult, nut NOT impossible.

Also, +1 to AnKnown's post.
lets be realistic here, you are clearly overreacting.

there are pros and cons for it. yes, it boosts cats, but its not perfect, cats are weak against LCs, just throw couple of LCs nukes in it, if its pure cat build and you'll kill it with ease. to fully build a bonfire village, you need a lot of time, I mean A LOT, even if you max out your workshop, its still too long.

best build I've ever managed to build using bonfire was 4k spears and 2k cats (if I recall correctly). it was meant to counter cat's weak points and that build on its own could take around 4 nukes, and 4 nukes is nothing in mid and late game. you can sacrifice that much, if the village is important.

you can only defend one village with it and you won't be building cats only in all of your villages. that's stupid, you need other troops too.

its not easy to get, it purely depends on luck. on W70 it was the last weapon I found, the last. sure there are some lucky ones, who find it in the beginning and there are unlucky ones who meet these luck ones at that time (like you).

personally I do get annoyed, when I come across it when attacking, but enjoy having it, because it gives me an ability to make more tactical moves.

only downside is, all other weapons become crap, once you find it, because its significantly better and important than others (not overpowered imo though).

Last edited:

Nahiyan123

Thanks guys for your responses but it's not letting me clear players, farm them or noble them without train and almost all of you agreed that there is really no way to bypass this other than wasting some crazy amount of resources to build a cavalry army.

The truth is that people always manage to get minimum 400 spears, swords and archers along with 200+ cats with pally bonfire. I didn't mean to offend anyone but it's pointless to build a cavalry nuke. The outcome is the same, my troops sacrificing to kill just few cats (check the simulator for the difference of the losses).

Yes, everyone does have the same chance getting it but the advantages only go to defender and it's really insane amount of advantage, you can kill nukes with few cats, imagine that!
Just train a pally, dress him up with bonfire, train few hundred cats and he'll destroy some of the deadliest armies. I don't really think you need a bonfire village. You just need few cats in every village and a pally who can reach there quickly.

I'm a guy who attacks other players, I have almost zero ODD but lot of ODA. For me, it's a total disaster. Have you considered this? Attacking anyone is impractical as there is a high chance of getting recked by bonfire.

Let's ignore fairness and stuff, what do you guys want me to do? Sacrifice 6000+ LCs to kill just couple hundred cats which cost NOTHING compared to my loss? And it will happen everytime. Trust me guys, I attacked 3-4 different players who are isolated from each other and lost everything I sent everytime just for bonfire.

My only option is training a noble train and hoping to get lucky not to get sniped. As an attacker, I'm paralyzed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser99565

Stop bullying a 1.6k player and go after somebody with a 2.5k + village, or maybe a barb if you're going to keep complaining about troop loss. However watch out because barbs have nobled someone in the past so they may put up a fight, but they usually don't.

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
whatever people wanna say one way or another say 1000% is flat out unbalanced

it just is

people can say a single bonfire matters less later on or whatever but that's only because later on a single anything matters less due to sheer amounts of vills,doesn't make it any less unbalanced

Nahiyan123

Bullying? In what way am I bullying that guy?
I was stating his point just to give an idea of how paralyzed this bonfire made me as an attacker.
Going after a bigger player is even more deadly, he's likely to have stronger walls, in a better tribe and have more defensive units along with cats and bonfire.
And being forced to noble 300-500 point barb is totally useless, this is tribalwars, not barbarian vs players.

I understand it matters less later on but my growth has ceased badly at this stage.

DeletedUser

I think ODA score of killing a cat should increase if the pala wep is a bonfire

Nahiyan123

I think ODA score of killing a cat should increase if the pala wep is a bonfire

Yes it will but doesn't change the fact that lot of good players both in my tribe and outside my tribe have failed to take out even small 1k point players.

Let's think of an imaginary scenario for a guy like me under attack...maybe during a war?
I'm offensive and anyone clever enough can backtime me and somehow kill my troops while I sleep.
Let's assume that the attacker has tons of troops and can wipe out any support I may receive.
He does and kills both my troops and my tribe mates' defensive troops.
TBH, I'm done, right?
But then comes my tribe mates raging with bonfire. 4 guys near me have a bonfire each. They support 4 of my villages with bonfire and offensive guys near me stack my villages up with cats. I myself saved some cats by dodging.
However, when he hits me hard, the vast army of the attacker is nothing infront of the few hundred cats powered by bonfire.
Now he's gone. My tribe mates go after him and they lose all their troops due to his villages being stacked by bonfire too.
What remains is two army-less players standing and staring at each other being kinda equalled out even though the attacker deserved to win and take over my villages (assuming I couldn't snipe or backtime successfully).

Situations like these are extremely common even for players with multiple villages.
Plus, these kind of advantages possessed by defenders seriously discourage attackers which kinda sucks as it takes much of the fun of the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Everybody loves to have a bonfire, nobody likes to hit one.

While you have mentioned morale, in effect that is hurting you much more than the bonfire, or equally as much. Go find a target more your size; that's what morale is intended for. Yes, the bonfire is overpowered. No, it's not the end of the world. Attack his tribemate; draw out his support. There's lots of ways around it.

P.S. cat the statue... paladin weapons don't work without the paladin :) Granted, if he's getting support, that won't matter... but if it's just you vs him, he may dodge a clearing attack so he can defend against your train. In which case, cat the statue, and he'll have to wait to rebuild it and train his paladin again before his bonfire will be effective.