To family, or not to family: that is the question

DeletedUser

Subject one, family tribes: TBD, The Union; whoever else

Whether 'tis a noble in the mind of the sufferer. The axes and rams of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, To die: to sleep; No more; and by a sleep to say we end ...

The rats will be fleeing their ships here shortly:

rats

You know, it bothers me. It upsets me - as I have played this game a long time, and I like to see an even playing field: balance, and/or fair competition. I join these worlds with the small tribe limits anticipating more of a challenge, but EVERY TIME - and I mean literally EVERY TIME, certain tribes have to ruin it, and try to take advantage of the the tribe limits. An 80 member limit world - for example, at least you know whos who, there are no secret academies and there is no pretending etc..

You folks, might have seen my WARNING to former TBD members (if not, here it is):

[spoil]It's been so long (world 8) I forgot how "tech world scouts" work.

TBDs future to be determined?
funny-road-signs-20.jpg

To make a long story short, there's an aggressive player in the area around me, who's tried everything he can to get one of my members to restart - including but not limited to: offering the player resources.

So, we stack the village, the tribe TBD -- or whatever their name is (the tribe that still hasn't figured out their tribe name yet) scouts him, all of the troops die etc...

But here comes this player out of nowhere. A tribeless player who just happens to have level 3 scouts - he sends 120 scouts, there are 210 in the village, and still he gets a scouting report.

That's an example of the scouts on this world; I don't necessarily know the math, though.

As to the other stuff:

The fact that the TBD player seems to be offering players (not just my players) resources (and whatever else) to restart, seems to be a bit careless (an underhanded tactic) - if you ask me; IF BEING A LEADER WASN'T HARD ENOUGH? "hey, I'll feed your new villages resources if you restart" - it's just trending into dangerous territory.

If that's not enough, look out for tribeless players in that area as, rumor has it (rumors that I could likely backup with evidence), those players have been promised recruitment in TBD in exchange for favors. Sometimes these commitments are fullfilled - most of the time they aren't (and those aren't my words, but words of those who have cleared or scouted, and were basically thrown away afterwards).

Now, I realize it's still early, but if I were the leader in TBD, I'd try to reel this player back to earth a bit, before problems ensue (or worse, he gets banned) -- not really trying to put him on the spot and don't want to see him banned, just putting it out there, FIX IT or or other tribes in the K will fix it -- as we aren't the only ones who have experienced this.

Regards,
AG

Haha nice try only noobs will fall for it, free trade isn't even activated yet!

I know, not saying my member fell for it - he didn't. Something to keep an eye on IMO, as if a player/tribe is lowering itself to these tactics - so early in the world, I'm not so sure they will last long (or what they'll try next).

You might wonder why I wouldn't contact the leader directly, however, there are no leaders listed on the tribes profile... It appears the Inmates -- literally -- are running the Asylum there :D
[/spoil]

------------

The tribe responded to my WARNING by creating a family tribe (which screams of desperation if you ask me).

To some there seems to be no boundaries, no limits, as to what they'll do to win. To win, at all costs, and by any means necessary.

Sadly, in small worlds like this, we are seeing more and more family tribes run rampid (1, 2 3 sometimes even 4 family branches (some families even allied w/ other families, as was stated on their profiles). But the difference is, and the most dangerous part is, these families are consisted of good-great players.

My friends, those of us who like a challenge, and those who followed the settings that the TW staff suggested we use - there's an invasion going on in this world, and it is being subjected to the dangers of familism.

*Does anyone ever stop and think as to why there's a tribal-limit in the first place? Granted, this is not a very large world, where families really aren't "as" dangerous. (that's subjective, notice the "as"). This is w81. It is one of the smallest worlds, if not "the" smallest. So, one tribe spreading itself into 3-4 factions instantly affects the competitive balance.

This is your final warning (members of the TBD family): We in INmate will not tolerate tribes around us mass-recruiting, mass-deceiving or basically MASS anything.

Be all my sins remember'd
AG
Duke of INmate

[spoil]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8b4xYbEugo[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

tl;dr noobs gonna noob and then they're going to get nobled. Then it happens again next world. Whats the point of this thread?

DeletedUser

tl;dr noobs gonna noob and then they're going to get nobled. Then it happens again next world. Whats the point of this thread?

It's not even a long thread. Not sure why you even respond if you have nothing to add to it (other than posting tl;dr which has been done before - many many many times, and is just lazy).

The point is (if you had bothered to read the post) the issue isn't so "black and white" as you make it; if only new players created family tribes, there would be no problems would there? But we'd be a pretty dense bunch in assuming that, now wouldn't we?

The problem with that is assuming eveyrone who creates families or abuses the tribal limits is a newb, and the problem occours, when players - who are talented, do this and spread the virus of familism to gain a competitive advantage.

DeletedUser111495

Whats the difference of having loads of family tribes and having a small tribe with alot of alliances? If people want to use underhanded tactics then thats fine, its up to you to adapt to them, stop complaining :p

DeletedUser

and the problem occours, when players - who are talented, do this and spread the virus of familism to gain a competitive advantage.

Talented players don't do this because it doesn't work. Its an expansion based war game. The tribes your referring to wont exist in a month.

DeletedUser103945

More family tribes / allies with access to a shared forum = more internal spies. But I'm not against family tribes, they are usually a lot nicer to new players learning the game.

Ripfin

I love family tribes, they make good farms, especially the PHX family tribes.

DeletedUser

I am a little confused, I thought TBD fell apart and The U is a new tribe with what appears to be most of the same tribe members as TBD. I don't see their family which is what I thought this topic was about.

I am a little tired so perhaps I am not reading it correctly but would love it if you could explain it to me :)

Erig

Oh boy, you are not gonna like it when the Troll Family Alliance joins :)

DeletedUser

Whats the difference of having loads of family tribes and having a small tribe with alot of alliances? If people want to use underhanded tactics then thats fine, its up to you to adapt to them, stop complaining :p

You are right, they are the same thing, don't think I stated any different in the post:

This is your final warning (members of the TBD family): We in INmate will not tolerate tribes around us mass-recruiting, mass-deceiving or basically MASS anything.

It's the same thing, and it all falls under the umbrella of familism (yes I created my own word) :)

People can use underhanded tactics all they want, but I will write or complain about it, you've gotta draw a line somewhere.

Which side of that line are you on? EDIT: actually, it appears you are somewhere in the middle of "that line" :D [spoil]
6d2aece7283c299e49bbbf1028ba9195.jpg
[/spoil]

I am a little confused, I thought TBD fell apart and The U is a new tribe with what appears to be most of the same tribe members as TBD. I don't see their family which is what I thought this topic was about.

I am a little tired so perhaps I am not reading it correctly but would love it if you could explain it to me :)

Me too, their leadership would have to explain that one, I'm going off of what I saw yesterday, and what they've been telling tribes in the area:

[spoil]lloyd5. Jun 27, 21:27
What happened is you will see your members east fall.

Part of the reason we split apart :)

They split to solidify recruitment in the area.[/spoil]

It's too early to be warring tribes, not sure catting the players in all the tribes around you is going to lead to anything else, other than being gangbanged.

Ripfin

funny thing about these family tribes is only one tribe can win, not the whole family, so the PP reward only goes to one tribe and that's the one making the family tribes to protect them so they can try to win, its nice how all those players in the family tribe line up to be cannon fodder for a tribe that doesn't care.

DeletedUser111495

Most people dont play to the end anyways, 3000 PP or whatever is the prize is for the winners for years of work is nothing when you can make that in a few days on a p2w world :D

SHAGAN888

We will show the this world how to play the right way by using the TEAM SYSTEM

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Not traditionally a fan of family tribes myself, but hey... all the cool kids were doing it so we joined in.

DeletedUser111398

Thou Shalt Convert to Free-eekism

The venerated words of Free-eek will guide us all.

That was world 13, it had a huge tribe member limit (60 I think) and there were still family tribes. Free-eekism did not last long, just enough to get rid of Aten (correct me if I am wrong, it was a while ago). But whilst I hate family tribes most of the time, there are a few that seem to be less like the family tribes of old and more with decent players. What I detested about family tribes, think sheep huddling together, has changed a bit. I dare say any so called leet putting tribes like WP or U into the good farm category, might be in for a small shock.