Top Ten tribes in real life.

DeletedUser

so the US won't be gaining any new states ever since the last 50th one, right? besides, the US is way past its manifest destiny stage. the only way for it to gain some new territory now a days would be to go to war with another country, defeat it or get whatever business done over there and then set up a military base there for protective reasons of that area.
anyway, if reality was like in tribalwars, we'd all be screwed. unlike reality, the tribes in tribalwars are always conquering new territory, that is to say, from each other. of course in reality all the boundaries between countries have been set and everyone wants to keep the world in peace rather in war. the only way to get new territory without angering the rest of the world would be to acquire new territory... in space! anyone ever heard of net-trek?

ballkid13

ahhh you forget US could make puerta rico a state.... and if we really wanted to we could most likly get cuba with out a war....

DeletedUser

problem is, puerto rico would probably refuse. i mean what do they have to gain from becoming a state that they don't already have as a common wealth? all i see for the puerto ricans if they become a state is just them paying federal taxes.

lord rok

yeah, but if USA says that they want them for 51th state, they cant refuse it...
or very hard, because without USA, they are preety much screwed...
their entire economy is supported by USA....all they make, they sell up there...

ballkid13

problem is, puerto rico would probably refuse. i mean what do they have to gain from becoming a state that they don't already have as a common wealth? all i see for the puerto ricans if they become a state is just them paying federal taxes.
correction mate puerta rico wants ot become its own state the US arn't letting them though.... and also if you want to consider washington D.C. wanting to become there own state the US could have a possability of 52 states

DeletedUser

That flag would be just weird, but I have an idea of what it could look like

DeletedUser

I think the only way the US would change its flag would be from 50 to 60 as they dont want a flag with a extra star on the end and it is the best way to make it so i think unless there are 8 other places wanting to become states then i cant see it happening any time soon:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

correction mate puerta rico wants ot become its own state the US arn't letting them though.... and also if you want to consider washington D.C. wanting to become there own state the US could have a possability of 52 states

but wouldn't the constitution forbid dc from becoming a state? you must have a minimum of ??? as your population to become a state. even though i don't have a clue what that number is, i'm pretty sure its larger than the population that resides in dc

on another note, what is the vatican city considered? same thing as dc?

no system

I dont know for sure the population to become a state, but I think it is 60,000.

As of the 2007 estimate DC was at 588,292.

Vatican city I also believe is about the same thing as DC

DeletedUser

Hey Razor :)
Expansionism for the U.S. is out of the question, although White Man's Burden, or the need to spread the American way of life, still holds true, America has no where left to go. America always has and will always attempt to be a nation "upon a hill" as Philadelphia was the "city upon a hill" even as far back as the 17th century but there simply can not be a 51st sate at least the way things are now. The spread of Democracy is all America will be able to do at least for the near future... and yes, I am an American if you're wondering...

DeletedUser

so the US won't be gaining any new states ever since the last 50th one, right? besides, the US is way past its manifest destiny stage. the only way for it to gain some new territory now a days would be to go to war with another country, defeat it or get whatever business done over there and then set up a military base there for protective reasons of that area.
anyway, if reality was like in tribalwars, we'd all be screwed. unlike reality, the tribes in tribalwars are always conquering new territory, that is to say, from each other. of course in reality all the boundaries between countries have been set and everyone wants to keep the world in peace rather in war. the only way to get new territory without angering the rest of the world would be to acquire new territory... in space! anyone ever heard of net-trek?

there are several areas around the US mainland that have considered becoming a state before; and will most likely come up again, yes there are negatives as pointed out, but there are also posative things, it is a heated debate in these countries and is up to the people to decide to apply for state ship or not;

it is better to remain silent and thought an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it...

good quote^^ plz use it when you have no clue wtf you are talking about from now on, especially on forum when remaining silent no one will think your an idiot o_O

DeletedUser

it is better to remain silent and thought an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it...

daishimattah, i used it. well, i didn't know a clue about extra us territories so what is there to hurt in asking? but thanks for the information. although its not like you learn this type of stuff in school

Shadryk 01

Vatican city is an independent nation. There's a lot of history involved in that one.

lord rok

Vatican city is an independent nation. There's a lot of history involved in that one.

indeed
and its not even a city, its just one part of Rome, capital of Italy

when u walk u dont even see where u crossed the line between "normal" Rome, and Vatican

DeletedUser

its a seperate country isnt it, has different colour post boxes etc i believe:)

garrettglass why did you open your mouth then you just proved your qoute to me, also are you even on w13:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

but wouldn't the constitution forbid dc from becoming a state? you must have a minimum of ??? as your population to become a state. even though i don't have a clue what that number is, i'm pretty sure its larger than the population that resides in dc

on another note, what is the vatican city considered? same thing as dc?

if i remember correctly, vatican city is considered a country.