Tororg

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Jerran, we were talking about 2-3 weeks ago. Would it be beneficial to defend a farmed player 2-3 weeks ago?

My answer wasnt about this specific instance but more a general answer. Of course there are always exceptions but to not defend that player would you then say as long as your tribe is just losing one player at a time that its ok and the tribe neednt stand up for them?

So basically you say to that tribe, as long as you just take little chunks we dont care?

So now explain to me how the idea of defending one player is not worth it? If the attacks are that much that the entire tribes help would be necessary then its quite an operation and you will probably have to take on such aggressors anyways.

The exception comes when it is someone who is not living up to their obligation to the tribe by building up in a way that aids the tribe. Those that are farmed early are generally not going to be able to help you as much. But hey, if the tribe is willing to stand up to them due to how they wish to play the game, then more power to them.

DeletedUser8322

So I think the problem here doesn't lie in defending that player, as you should be honorable to your tribe. But inviting noobs in in the first place.

DeletedUser

So I think the problem here doesn't lie in defending that player, as you should be honorable to your tribe. But inviting noobs in in the first place.

That is where the responsibility lies in the leaders to keep close eye on their members. But as long as they wear that tribe tag, yes I believe they should be defended and that doesnt mean dropping them from tribe just because its convenient for you.

DeletedUser

My answer wasnt about this specific instance but more a general answer. Of course there are always exceptions but to not defend that player would you then say as long as your tribe is just losing one player at a time that its ok and the tribe neednt stand up for them?

So basically you say to that tribe, as long as you just take little chunks we dont care?

So now explain to me how the idea of defending one player is not worth it? If the attacks are that much that the entire tribes help would be necessary then its quite an operation and you will probably have to take on such aggressors anyways.

The exception comes when it is someone who is not living up to their obligation to the tribe by building up in a way that aids the tribe. Those that are farmed early are generally not going to be able to help you as much. But hey, if the tribe is willing to stand up to them due to how they wish to play the game, then more power to them.

The key Jerran to avoid this abuse is to be aggressive. If you have a bunch of sim city players then expect to be attacked. If you have a bunch of aggressive players, don't expect anyone to turn them into farms, because well, any possible candidates are now farms. :)

Also, please don't twist my words. You know that I would defend a player if he was being attacked by multiple people. As that is only fair. But IMO if a player can't take people on 1:1 then why are they playing this game? Obviously skill comes into play, but my stay here has been limited compared to a lot of the 'elite' players in this game, and yet I am completely dominating my area. Again there are no 'elite' players around me, but even when there was (yes there was, there was an RG and PH, players next to me), I was still not attacked.

As for this case, yes the guy was being attacked by 2 players, so with the above statement, I would/should have defended the player. But again, the circumstances are different now, then 2-3 weeks ago. 2-3 weeks ago, unless he had a member right next to him, I would've dropped the player as he would be an incredible damper on the tribes growth if everyone defended him.

As for now, yes BDAS members recieve support, of course, they all made it through the 'initial' farming phase so they have shown that they are atleast competenant players (yes you guys, I know there are a lot of you guys that are really good, I'm mostly referring to the few newbs in our tribe).

DeletedUser

Alright your original statement didnt go into that much depth. Had you I wouldnt have responded like I did. But you made what looked to be a very general question so I answered with the most general response possible.

DeletedUser

Alright your original statement didnt go into that much depth. Had you I wouldnt have responded like I did. But you made what looked to be a very general question so I answered with the most general response possible.

So no more debating... But this was the only thing from making me not want to go to sleep. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

The sooner you go to sleep the sooner I can leave. :lol:

If thats the case I'll stay awake. :icon_biggrin:

But I want to stay on-topic soooo:

I really haven't payed to much attention to TORORG, I'll get to looking at their member list tomorrow.:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

TORORG has a member called ninoprotic (Nino) is that him? Jerran.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nino is indeed a TORORG player and a great one at that.

I dont know who started the message on this forum though! They may not even be in our tribe.

About the attacks.. our members were merely farming a weaker member.

I commend the way the F*F tribe managed to get attacks to cease.. at least it shows they stand up for one another in times of need... even if it was a little early and unbeneficial to do so.

Anyway, can we let this post go to sleep now.... we want to go back to being the quiert unassuming underdog tribe lol

Matchstickgeezer
Duke & Founder of TORORG

DeletedUser9066

The more i read of this forum thread, the more i like this game. There seems to be some intense rivalries. This makes great reading material for me.

Tangalor Firefoot

I demand a refund on my time BADLY wasted on this newb tribe flaming session.

Last edited:

mtime15

Tangalor Firefoot i dont believe someone forced you to read this,you could have easily skipped it.so no refund for you

and we are no newb tribe.do u even play W6?

DeletedUser

The green organics have been a proud member of StW for a long time now in W2 and im sure that they have many decent players in this world too.

Status
Not open for further replies.