Tribal Wars newsletter - illegal command protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerjaws

I say its a good move. I have been banned twice in the same world for breaking the same rule. Hope this new feature will save me from breaking any rules.

DeletedUser

I have noticed, as I account sit a lot, that it is really inconvenient for the person who does the sitting to know when the 24 hours will be over. So I was wondering if it was possible to put under the sitting option a list of people that you have sat (along with the people who have sat you which are already there) in the past 24 hours and when you stopped sitting for them. This will help a lot with knowing when you can send resources or support.

DeletedUser

Sadly, the new protection cannot prevent all illegal attacks. Timing is one of the most important parts of Tribal Wars so the checks we run every time you send a command cannot be too complex. This means that it is still the player's responsibility to make sure they are up to date with the rules and to make sure they are not sending an illegal attack.

I will conjecture that for two attacks sent from two accounts which have shared an ip address in the past 24 hours,
the illegal attack will be blocked, the attacks are launched from the same ip address
and
the illegal attack will not be blocked, if attacks are launched from different ip addresses.

Can the powers that be clarify this for me? Is this correct?

DeletedUser

If this had been two weeks earlier, I wouldnt have lost 300 villages!

Nevermind, better late than never - its a good idea and will help all those like me, who unintentionally broke the rules. Because I play independently from my other half, we didnt realise we had supported the same players.

Thanks TW - a welcome step forward :)

queen leda

It isn't necessary. The new feature prevents players from breaking the rules. I think people would rather have this protection than to have a ban placed.

What I don't like about it is even the players who have declared that they are sharing are affected. Yes, it is great that you won't get banned but there should be some sort of turn around with this. What if the player you are attacking is the closest of proximity to the players sharing the connection? It is not our fault that we love to play the game but with this restriction the game is becoming more of a bore...... :icon_cry:

And they mentioned that with the feedback they got, this is where they based the new rule. How many players are those?

DeletedUser656

What I don't like about it is even the players who have declared that they are sharing are affected. Yes, it is great that you won't get banned but there should be some sort of turn around with this. What if the player you are attacking is the closest of proximity to the players sharing the connection? It is not our fault that we love to play the game but with this restriction the game is becoming more of a bore...... :icon_cry:

And they mentioned that with the feedback they got, this is where they based the new rule. How many players are those?

The new system simply blocks commands that would've got you banned beforehand. These scenarios have always been against the rules.

I will conjecture that for two attacks sent from two accounts which have shared an ip address in the past 24 hours,
the illegal attack will be blocked, the attacks are launched from the same ip address
and
the illegal attack will not be blocked, if attacks are launched from different ip addresses.

Can the powers that be clarify this for me? Is this correct?

I believe that is correct yes.

DeletedUser

It is not our fault that we love to play the game but with this restriction the game is becoming more of a bore...... :icon_cry:

This change doesn't actually change anything. If it stops you from doing anything you were doing before, then you should be grateful it arrived before you got caught, and received a ban. All this does is automatically enforce the rules before you can break them, rather than letting you be punished after breaking them.

queen leda

whatever..... we can't do anything about it anyway.... so why bother whining.....

DeletedUser

I've always wondered what would happen in this situation...

~ I sit "account z" and send an attack from 100+ hours out at "player x"
~ I give the "account z" to another player to sit
~ I send attacks at "player x" 24 hours after i give up the sit

Our attacks would end up becoming coordinated but the rules seem to have been followed. Legal?

DeletedUser

Doesn't this cause more problems?

Example:

If you a husband/wife play from the same computer and share a connection legally:

Husband attacks Player A

Now under current rules, the wife would have to wait 3 weeks from the last of her husbands attacks before she could attack Player A.

If the game only prevents them from doing this the first 24 hours -- won't they be confused? One day wife got a warning and wasn't allowed, the next day she tried again and did NOT get the warning so she proceeded to attack Player A. So ... she's broken rules because she thought the game was monitoring the situation.

I understand how this new monitor will help some situations but I can see it causing more problems for long term connection sharers due to confusion.

DeletedUser656

I've always wondered what would happen in this situation...

~ I sit "account z" and send an attack from 100+ hours out at "player x"
~ I give the "account z" to another player to sit
~ I send attacks at "player x" 24 hours after i give up the sit

Our attacks would end up becoming coordinated but the rules seem to have been followed. Legal?

Yes, legal.

DeletedUser

That german message killed me... i was like what!? It apparently works the same way if the player you are targeting targets an account you sat? or am i missing something?

DeletedUser

Excellent rule and I like the new way you are enforcing same. Just a quick note, if you will ...

This game allows people to meet other people from all over the world, and sure enough there were two in my tribe whom met for the first time, ever, just this past week. We met at a cafe over coffee, and discussed all sorts of strategies and such. I brought along my lap top and he didn't bring anything. Thus, I let him log onto my lap top and into his account (nope, I do not know his log-in numbers or whatever).

The next morning (maybe that night) I decided to continue sending him about 5,000 of each resource because he was recently rimmed. BANG! A red message in German popped up, and after studying the message I determined that there must be some sort of 24-hour rule in place before I am legally able to send my new friend some badly needed resources. It wasn't much, because (after all) he was recently rimmed and his warehouse is small. Anyway, I only speak English, yet the number 24 clearly reminded me that we needed to WAIT another 24 hours before my transaction would be legitimate. No problem. I emailed him, and he had no problem with the rule, either.

So, a WORD OF CAUTION! If you let your friends log onto your lap top and enter Tribal Wars, then there exists a 24-hour waiting period from the time you log off. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

You're welcome!

CraftyandSly
World 30
Ranked #154 on that world

Zoquelle

Wonderful change. I don't like people being banned for something that could be blocked.

My remaining issue is that sometimes I play at work. I have no idea if other people are playing TW at work, so would not like to be banned for that if we all happen to be using the same IP.

Pedemiko

i have a question. a friend quitted and left me his account.what should i do?

DeletedUser

"Unfortunately due to a technical issue this message is currently showing in German."

This made me laugh as it's on an English server. 4-1. :lol:

DeletedUser

All I can say is about time. Weve been mentioning this for years to admin since they can stop already if youve been sitting no reason they couldnt expand it to cover the rest of the issues that people were being punished for because people werent sure. and will stop issue that come with confusion about attacking someone your sit account attacked, since its always stated while sitting or 24 hours after nothing about 24 hours before. which alot were getting in trouble for. I mean if player A attacks player b and player c takes player As sit theres no reason player C cant still attack player b as long as he doesnt attack player b from player A's account. so if your new set up will stop that then the confusion and lots of bans will finally end as well.

DeletedUser

Well done to the managing crew. This is a welcomed addition to the game.

DeletedUser90793

i think that in my opinion, there should be a script to identify multiple IP's and a hyperlink for people to see after logining in, if there are others sharing the same IP adrees, i invited several of my freinds to this game and we live in the same neihborhood. 2 live in the same culdsack, so it would be benificial. For tose cheating they already know if their in the same IP adress or not, the wanning is just something to see if they got their attack/support through.

Status
Not open for further replies.