Truly noobish things

Anthony Fokker

"Skill" vs other external factors that affect success

There are small few out there that think that being unable to log in at certain times, or only being able to use computers that don't have Opera most of the time, or being in a smaller tribe, or only playing TW as a secondary hobby is a sign of a n00b. But they are wrong.

Everyone at this stage, has long had offensive and defensive villages and don't mix like a former FEDX player that only built axe & sword in 90% of his villages.
Since every player seems to have a fairly wide preference in general/cavalry/archer ratio, it's hard to pinpoint what the best build is.
But everyone left should know that building an all sword defense isn't the smart thing to do.

95% of what a few people think are "noobish" things to do are caused by:
Geography advantages of a tribe or player.
Activity level of player
Activity and size of tribe and allies.
Skill of mates.
Using a strategy that was guessed by opponent.

About the only signs of a n00b left are:
Never using Rams.
Not having HC at least researched in defensive villages.
Not using spear/HC to rebuild defense fast.
In the days of not having a PA, having OCD and having to build 1k spear, 1k sword, 1k archer and any other number that ends in "0" no matter what.
Having an inordinate amount of time to send fakes throughout the day in long distance ops, but then leaving a 2+ hour gap between last nuke and support.
Not Stacking at least 1X stacking frontline villages, or more. Player's geography and tribal geographic advantages can play more than a huge role in how much people can stack. Someone with a core that's all 24 hours away from any enemy villages should be able self-stack their outlying clusters heavily and easily by themselves.
Assuming that other players are noobs just because you had time and troops to sit in front of monitor and snipe a train.
Not knowing what a support train is.
Routinely taking time to time on renoble attempts while defending defensive villages, instead of recalling support from the village. Thus causing the troops from defending village to disappear. Sure you may have renobled the village, but you lost the troops and then lost the village for good a day or so later.
Taking an inordinate amount of time from RL sitting in front of a monitor playing TW
Being a homer and thinking nearly everyone in another tribe is a total n00b.

Last edited:

kaihansen

There are small few out there that think that being unable to log in at certain times, or only being able to use computers that don't have Opera most of the time, or being in a smaller tribe, or only playing TW as a secondary hobby is a sign of a n00b. But they are wrong.

Everyone at this stage, has long had offensive and defensive villages and don't mix like a former FEDX player that only built axe & sword in 90% of his villages.
Since every player seems to have a fairly wide preference in general/cavalry/archer ratio, it's hard to pinpoint what the best build is.
But everyone left should know that building an all sword defense isn't the smart thing to do.

95% of what a few people think are "noobish" things to do are caused by:
Geography advantages of a tribe or player.
Activity level of player
Activity and size of tribe and allies.
Skill of mates.
Using a strategy that was guessed by opponent.

About the only signs of a n00b left are:
Never using Rams.
Not having HC at least researched in defensive villages.
Not using spear/HC to rebuild defense fast.
In the days of not having a PA, having OCD and having to build 1k spear, 1k sword, 1k archer and any other number that ends in "0" no matter what.
Having an inordinate amount of time to send fakes throughout the day in long distance ops, but then leaving a 2+ hour gap between last nuke and support.
Not Stacking at least 1X stacking frontline villages, or more. Player's geography and tribal geographic advantages can play more than a huge role in how much people can stack. Someone with a core that's all 24 hours away from any enemy villages should be able self-stack their outlying clusters heavily and easily by themselves.
Assuming that other players are noobs just because you had time and troops to sit in front of monitor and snipe a train.
Not knowing what a support train is.
Routinely taking time to time on renoble attempts while defending defensive villages, instead of recalling support from the village. Thus causing the troops from defending village to disappear. Sure you may have renobled the village, but you lost the troops and then lost the village for good a day or so later.
Taking an inordinate amount of time from RL sitting in front of a monitor playing TW
Being a homer and thinking nearly everyone in another tribe is a total n00b.

Really? you just sat here and typed this whole thing thats probably just going to get flamed :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

i think anthony is right if what he is trying to say is some of the weaker smaller players arent noobs even if we think they are
i have been up against a few players who i thought were "n00bz" and i thought that right up until they dodged my first nuke and destroyed most of my second only to snipe on my third noble :(
k02 small players are quite organised :(

DeletedUser

fox you always seem to have claims on my noobs that are easy to take

Jaanustam

Being too much on Tribalwars indeed is being "Noob" or should i say Nerd.
Noob is a nerd word people, get rid of it.

DeletedUser

especially those ones who get kicks out of bullying other people *points at petert*