TSL want Candy!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser34483
  • Start date

DeletedUser84663

Yeh I am not denying TSL has skilled players but Twist had there share aswell made up from both ex skill and ex anarky and I really do think if all the stupid arguments hadnt have happened it would have been a good fight from both sides.
...sounds like history keeps repeating itself lol. This is the same discussion we had 100 pages ago when me and the others deleted because of the same internal butting-of-heads. A good fight only lives up to itself if all parties within a tribe are on the same page. This world has been in a standstill since I left, and TSL only gains by way of inactive accounts (from what I see from the outside at least).

Sorry dmoron, being up 600 in 6+ months is still slow for this late in a world... but better than it was the previous 6 months :icon_smile:

What separates TSL from Twist! is there is no arguments here, we all work as one, we may not be the greatest of individuals but as a whole tribe we are unstoppable, this is down to TSL leadership, we work as one because if we dont we know we will not be wanted here, an account that is not helping the tribe is not in the tribe for very long, thats why we have fewer members, tsl kick and eat where twist collect those players arguing and not doing anything and its taken its toll eventually.
Its bad leadership that left these accounts in twist, fact.
Why didnt you eat them when they wouldnt change there ways? cause they buddy-buddy with someone in council of course
Why was it allowed to go on for so long? they get protection for their friends in high places
Why did the twist members put up with the council/duke allowing these few to ruin it for the many for so long? no one speaks up or questions motives, and if they do, they are ignored (sounds so familiar)
Why were huge sits passed to those involved in the arguing and not the council/trusted members? council didn't "have the time for such meaningless tasks"

These are all questions that have been the real downfall of twist!, the reason TSL are so effective, well, we dealt with the answers before the questions arose.
I totally had to make myself feel like I was on a quiz show for a minute there... answering questions, obvious questions, that started the internal issues long time ago, and sound like it continues... friends are friends, but tribemates should be tribemates and play, or they should turn to fodder.

It's just a revolving door. You keep turning left, you'll start seeing the same scenery.

I know those in Twist council prolly would take my words and throw them in the trash because of what they are told by a certain few, but hey, some advise... again... Clean up your members, rip into the slackers, knock down the heads of the egos, organize something simple and learn yourselves some teamwork... rinse and repeat.

TSL at least does have the teamwork, and if someone speaks out, tossed outta the tribe if the leader don't like it, instead of just tossed aside and kept in the tribe. I'm still looking for the 1000 villa ennoblement in a single month (it does happen!).

...and thanks amp :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I know those in Twist council prolly would take my words and throw them in the trash because of what they are told by a certain few, but hey, some advise... again... Clean up your members, rip into the slackers, knock down the heads of the egos, organize something simple and learn yourselves some teamwork... rinse and repeat.

Skill? had teamwork?

DeletedUser

Who knows... at least they were winning their war. Thats all I know.

Nice to see you chachi :) Too bad you didnt stick around

DeletedUser

@Chachi (PS I love you and miss you) - September was a 1000 village month for TSL ;). Granted what happened it's not a surprise, but regardless, we made massive headway.

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: TSL
Side 2:
Tribes: Twist!

Timeframe: 01/09/2012 00:00:00 to 30/09/2012 19:43:52

Total conquers:

Side 1: 6,462
Side 2: 5,674
Difference: 788

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,401
Side 2: 404
Difference: 997

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 36,483,860
Side 2: 40,303,977
Difference: 3,820,117

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 13,291,972
Side 2: 3,644,445
Difference: 9,647,527

chart

[/spoil]

@Amp - I figure it's better for us that they barbed :)

DeletedUser107877

This world has been in a standstill since I left

Yes thats why Twist failed its all because you left :icon_rolleyes:

I think what you have forgotten is that we had alot of ground to regain from all of the barbing when you guys left, ops were being done on buko and the internalling of existing accounts such as sylbs & master chris, hellkiller also vanished, but ground was regained successfully so clara did stablise the tribe after you left, ops went well for a while until the arguments started again.

DeletedUser107877

buko was distorted's brother so he probably hid his laptop from him :lol:
hellkiller was a sit from day 1 of Twist for him to only return and not reset a sitter

DeletedUser

hellkiller was a sit from day 1 of Twist for him to only return and not reset a sitter

so he seen the tsl effect and left...so i was right :lol:

DeletedUser107877

Sorry to burst you bubble but that cant be right you werent playing the account then were you it was Amy :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser34483

:lol::lol::lol:

He was actually the one hiding the laptop. He resisted joining the dark side and decided to stick on twist! coz he doesn't want to leave his team in 1337. He lost hope when he compared his incoming attacks and incoming supports.

DeletedUser107877

Poor little soul is he only young :lol: if I remember correctly we got him through his first wave of attacks with mainly using his own troops, incoming support was going to him and he was getting help with his account but he still ran :lol:

DeletedUser34483

Poor little soul is he only young :lol: if I remember correctly we got him through his first wave of attacks with mainly using his own troops, incoming support was going to him and he was getting help with his account but he still ran :lol:

Not young, just disappointed :lol:

DeletedUser

Well if you split the amount of egos and their own followers we would have ended up 3 or 4 different little tribes, factor in the followers did not necessarily come from the egos area it would have been messy. So no I still dont blame leadership.

maybe we can see this way

egos are form of energy, they can cause conflict, but also inspiration and aggressiveness, it can be brilliant when managed and make them energetic and passionate, when rightly used. everyone have an ego, and a good side and bad side :)

how do u use people and manage ego maybe is the question
how to channel energies in right direction and make everyone on same page?

also Jan, I think you remember in ANARKY the rhethoric by the duke about "clustering" and "streaming" and how members were encouraged to stream their villes (as a result, many ANARKY players had villes in many K's all over) instead of cluster up - for interdependence and help with early stages of game, sniping, support, nukes, noblings. in ANARKY there wasn't a propagandistic rhethoric about "being a team" (because no need to at those stages), but rather interdependence on each other to encourage selflessness vs selfishness :)

(leave you to think about how streaming can also benefit the tribe territorial stake/interdependence more than individuals itself).

there is one imagination we can think of for territory management, for all the purported egos that "can't be managed" in Twist:

what if Tollx was encouraged to stream his villes instead of cluster?

cheers

smints

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107877

Whilst ego's can cause inspiration and agressiveness it is more common to cause resentment, frustration and a sense of anger amongst those capable players whose performance exceeds that of members displaying an "unwarranted sense of their own importance".

In effect, a talented player that is well respected and has earned their ego can motivate and inspire. An egotistical player that has done nothing to earn their tribemates respect or appreciation demotivates, causes dischord and, if they end up in a position of power, causes the breakdown and failure of the tribe.

Unfortunately the egos ensured all dukes failed at every turn.

I remember Pete teaching me about the benefits of "streaming" compared to "clustering" yes, I dont ever remember him telling me refuse fellow tribe members access to the area. As I have said many times you are only as good as your fellow tribe mates no-one can win this game playing alone.

DeletedUser

Yup the streaming thing was a method of managing the tribe.... we can think more about "streaming" vs "clustering" in terms of map and territory........ to say badly, its a form of control and enhancing benefit for tribe instead of individuals... (sorry)

now think of the individuals that did streaming vs individuals that did clustering..... versus some that hog troops.... why did some individuals refuse to do it? (hmm) (team?) :p

... i had some meanings in my previous message, maybe it was missed :(

lastly, some players should have been internobled (those who still build mixed troops etc) long time ago... see TSL frontline... do they have people randomly popping up in K4's or K5's in frontline without permission? Usually only a few trusted solid players in frontline K. if there is weakness they try to prevent it by surrounding. restricted nobling for areas is necessary... ask most frontliners... Titu, Drunk.. how they feel

lastly... players are just players... when they have belief, confidence, passion (converted from ego)... and believe leaders listen.. they gladly do what leader say... follow order... no problem

leaders (like what fire and toll teaches, listen to people)

thats where most frustration come from

cheers
smints

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107877

Interesting to read your views and observe how much they conflict with your actions. Streaming as a tactic has many advantages that most players accept. The main one of these is the fact weaker players are able to intersperse themselves among the villages of the more talented players. However you repeatedly insisted that only specific players be allowed to noble in amongst you. Perhaps this is because you considered yourself a weaker player and needed the strength that they could provide or maybe you really are just so arrogant as to believe yourself to be better than everyone else. It was Pete and Clara who taught me this game and as for listening to people maybe you should have tried that for yourself it may have prevented so many people from leaving.