tw 7.0

DeletedUser

i think that, having got used to the layout, my main problem with it seems to be that features are again added which are pointless while the ones which players use are ignored. for instance in the resource management most player previously used a res balance script but in the resource manager we are given the option to send regular res on specified trade routes. what use is that? troops come and go as you use them so which vils require res is not a static thing and everyone still needs a dynamic res balancer.

that missing of the main usefulness of things and what players would ever want to use them for crops up so often that i wonder if the people designing have ever tried to play the game. another is the mass mint page. they have remove the mint all available option and replaced it mint x many in every village. where is the option to leave res for x many coins in each vil and mint the rest?

there are a lot of minor glitches and the troop recruiter appears not to work, as it recruits the max you set on top of what you already have in the vil so unless you started with all empty villages you can never get the counts right. for me, however, it's biggest failing is that it seems like they were aiming to reduce the need for outside scripts by incorporating those features into an add on pay to use package, but the ones incorporated are not those we need. if you asked most top players what scripts they could not do without then mass recruit, mass mint, res balance, tagging, sorting and other war related scripts would be the regular answers, and those are all still needed as extras so it makes the added payment for the account manager seem a little over the top.

i also think that if the primary aim is to increase the player base then to stop supporting older browsers could be a big mistake. increasingly people have little to no control of what they can use at work, yet almost every player i know who works plays there too. also the fact that a few pictures have been added does not stop this being a text based game, and i doubt the wisdom of taking something simple and accessible to all and making it usable only by those with newer, better computers who are more likely to be off playing graphics based games.

DeletedUser

another is the mass mint page. they have remove the mint all available option and replaced it mint x many in every village. where is the option to leave res for x many coins in each vil and mint the rest?

it's biggest failing is that it seems like they were aiming to reduce the need for outside scripts by incorporating those features into an add on pay to use package, but the ones incorporated are not those we need. if you asked most top players what scripts they could not do without then mass recruit, mass mint, res balance, tagging, sorting and other war related scripts would be the regular answers, and those are all still needed as extras so it makes the added payment for the account manager seem a little over the top.

+1 on the much needed option to mint coins such that you leave res for x many coins in each vil. Or even better, that plus an option that excludes villages from minting coins if their farm space is not at least filled up to x amount.

I agree that the added payment for the account manager is ludicrous. What is next - are we going to have to pay a la carte for new added feature packages that roll out? I would rather that they scrap the account manager. Second choice would be to include account manager in premium. Third choice would be to include it in premium and to increase the cost of regular premium. But separating the features with an addon payment is just not player-friendly, especially if they eventually make the account manager something that would actually be worth getting. We already have two tiers of players separated by premium vs. no premium, we don't need or want another level

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I dont understand, why is there nothing that can be done?

What is so hard to begin the developement of the old graphics?

What research was done before implenting these changes?

Why amend the old worlds, just change the new worlds then if you sign up to them you agree to use the new graphics?

There is always something that can be done, it is not a case of can't, it seems to be a case of won't. You have a big business case here morty to take back to your stakeholders.

Step 1: get/buy a USB stick
Step 2: use your home pc or a friend's pc etc. and download this:
Opera USB portable version
Step 3: take USB stick to work, plug it in, and run Opera directly from USB.

Problem Solved?

DeletedUser

A few days in and I still hate it.... sorry but it's a fact.

I'd like to know if there is a way to modify the attacks screen. Please consider this - 99% of people use taggers.

When you tag an incoming, each attack line goes WAAAAAAAAAAAY off to the right of the screen. TW have added a few new columns to the attack screen, such as the attacker's name and the village they are attacking from. This is useless as far as I am concerned. I now have to scroll to the right to see what time the attacks land. I never had to do this before... excellent upgrade there...

[sarcasm] If you are going to add anything, add an automatic tagger and make the game totally simple.[/sarcasm]

Can we PLEASE have something that removes certain columns as I don't have 50" widescreen monitor and I don't intend to buy one any day soon.

DeletedUser

If this is targeted to bring in more people, shouldn't the "help" function be at the top in an easy to find place for these prospective players.

DeletedUser

A few days in and I still hate it.... sorry but it's a fact.

I'd like to know if there is a way to modify the attacks screen. Please consider this - 99% of people use taggers.

When you tag an incoming, each attack line goes WAAAAAAAAAAAY off to the right of the screen. TW have added a few new columns to the attack screen, such as the attacker's name and the village they are attacking from. This is useless as far as I am concerned. I now have to scroll to the right to see what time the attacks land. I never had to do this before... excellent upgrade there...

[sarcasm] If you are going to add anything, add an automatic tagger and make the game totally simple.[/sarcasm]

Can we PLEASE have something that removes certain columns as I don't have 50" widescreen monitor and I don't intend to buy one any day soon.

This is what I am talking about:

Tagger-1.png

We all use taggers that tag the attack (I have outlined one as a scout attack). Most of your die hard players use these taggers.
When we tag something, it now pushes all the columns to the right and the most important thing... when they land... is not visible without scrolling to the right.

Please... please.... please... FIX THIS!!!!!!11!!!!!eleven!!!!11!!

Just make an option to remove columns or something. Seriously, I'm not moaning about this just for shits and giggles or to make life hard for the TW gods, this is a serious component of the game that was badly overlooked by the designers.

When you have 1000's of incomings, this would be IMPOSSIBLE to coordinate.

Last edited by a moderator: