TWTactics - Beta (desktop app)

DeletedUser

Hello all!

Download it!
http://sangu.be/api/twtactics.zip

Back in 2007, I started a Desktop application similar to TW++ (I was unaware TW++ existed). I programmed what I needed and shared it with the tribe.
What I needed was:
  • Dynamic map (Markers, Zooming, Dragging, Shortcuts, Drawing, ContextMenus, Multiple Moduses and Displays (icons or rectangles ...)
  • Monitoring players (inacitivity, became barbarian, changed tribe, lost points, ...)
  • Planning Attacks (where the most powerful option is probably: "give me all my villages that can still reach the target village at given speed before set arrival date")
  • Creating BB Codes (draw areas on the map and export to BBCode)

While highly functional, it was a mess: There was one version which was perfect for planning attacks but couldn't do much more, then there was a version that was good for bb code generation but it couldn't plan attacks etc.

And... You guessed it, after a little side tour (Sangu Package - 1000+ daily users but unfortunately legal on NL server only), I've cleaned up the code, merged the different versions, greatly simplified the onboarding process and am here to present the result to you guys :)

What to expect:
  • A highly interactive map offering you the best parts of TribalWarsMap.com, TW++ and more.
  • Probably the most advanced attack planner you've ever used
  • Monitoring at your pace: Download the data when you want and compare any tw snapshots: See the differences on the map (villages gained/lost) or in list form.

Beta
The software is in a pretty completed stage but I still want to improve/finish some things before making a publicly available installer. This is thus more a call towards everyone that wants to get their hands on the latest version to do beta testing:
  • Bug reporting: Found a bug? Enter it in the issue tracker and we'll fix it before the first official release!
  • Feature requests

Screenshots
See spoiler. (The screenshots are a bit out of date but still serve to give an idea what it looks like)

twctactics1.png

twctactics2.png

twctactics5.png

Source
For the C# fans: https://github.com/SanguPackage/TWTactics

For the less technical inclined: If you (and/or your tribe) want to become beta tester(s), answer here and I will provide a one-step installer package. For this beta I'd like to add the testers in Skype for a fast feedback-cycle.

Interested? Reply here!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just released a second beta version with lots of improvements for the attack planner..

No one wants to give it a go?

My Skype: Laoujin

DeletedUser

Some quick "Tips & Hints":

Use Control to increase the effect of other keys (movement arrows, ...)

Use middle mouse button to switch between default and polygon or attack mode.

Use Alt + D to switch between TW village icon and rectangle shape displays

Use Home to return to your home

You can move the map by
- left clicking somewhere on the minimap
- the arrow keys (hold control to move more)
- dragging the map
- right click and selecting one of the Center/Pinpoint options
- mousewheel or +/- to increase/decrease zoom level

The Delete key works for Polygons and Attack Plans

Use L to lock the pinned village

Polygon drawing: Hold control for fixed horizontal drawing. Shift for fixed vertical drawing.

DeletedUser109890

Download?

Some quick "Tips & Hints":

Use Control to increase the effect of other keys (movement arrows, ...)

Use middle mouse button to switch between default and polygon or attack mode.

Use Alt + D to switch between TW village icon and rectangle shape displays

Use Home to return to your home

You can move the map by
- left clicking somewhere on the minimap
- the arrow keys (hold control to move more)
- dragging the map
- right click and selecting one of the Center/Pinpoint options
- mousewheel or +/- to increase/decrease zoom level

The Delete key works for Polygons and Attack Plans

Use L to lock the pinned village

Polygon drawing: Hold control for fixed horizontal drawing. Shift for fixed vertical drawing.

How do I download the tool :eek:

DeletedUser

The tool is not quite ready yet for a public release, so at the moment I'm sending it only to those who show interest in testing it out.

A "more official release" will be posted in, I guess, 1-3 weeks from now.

A quote from a tester from TW.NET (thanks!):
I really like it. Took me a little playing around to figure things out, but now I think I've got it down pretty well.

DeletedUser40757

Looks pretty good, I might be interested in giving it a test run. I've been trying to get something similar off the ground, in python, but got distracted. :D

DeletedUser

Hello

I'd like to get in on this beta, seems useful.

Skype Alecy Ayre or aha2095

EDIT I don't even know how I skipped that.

DeletedUser

@aha2095: Bugs can be reported directly on skype or through the GitHub bug tracker (there is a link from within the program)

Status Report:
Just a few more things to do, I expect an open beta somewhere in September.

DeletedUser

Hi! I am interested to do this. I am playing on world 74. i am not that technically knowledgeable though.

DeletedUser

I've added the downloadlink...
http://sangu.be/api/twtactics.zip

I was going to work on the performance first (map drawing can be made much faster) but I've not touched the code for months so I'm "releasing" it as is now and will make it more official hopefully by the end of the year.

Have fun all!

GOG the Deceiver

Hey mate,

Really amazing work. Kudos.

On mine the server time is incorrect. Is there a way to adjust that?

PS: nice sig