One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Direct Blog Locations

Blog 1: World At War?
Blog 2: Nations in Conflict: 3 v 3.
Blog 3: A Quick Coverage

2wq6177.png

This is the first installment of what I hope to be a series of blogs covering various topics of world interest, over the course of the next few weeks. Not official ones of course, but the intent is still the same - to produce articles in the most unbiased possible way for a different type of read on the W52 PnP forums, and to have a different take on the various events around the ingame globe :icon_razz:

The World War

As it currently stands, the following tribes are being confirmed, through the single ingame war-tab, as involved in the World War:

ATS, Bush and SOHK on one side (nicknamed The ABS Alliance)
MIKE, Smile and -SWAT- on the other (nicknamed The MSS Alliance)
Nb: The nicknames of these groups is not intended to suggest all tribes are allied to one another - only that they have formed an ingame alliance in terms of being on the same side in the ingame war statistics.

There appears to be some differences of opinion as to whether Phat and TG should be included within the statistics. Whereas The ABS Alliance in particular don't see these tribes as a part of their alliance, part of the MSS Alliance appears to see this as such. Should they be included in the world war?

As it stands, they are being ignored for the purposes of this blog for the following reason - that they are not a part of the ingame war tab for this World War, and are not confirmed themselves as being a part of this World War. I will be following this line of investigation up in the next blog, to see the opinions of the two tribes themselves.

With that in mind, the following ingame war tab is being provided - a member of Bush leadership has given permission for this screenshot to be taken and used in this blog (writing in 3rd person ftw).

alltimewarstats.png

As it currently stands, The ABS Alliance in this World War, is ahead in the statistics by approximately a 4.5 : 1 proportion. Which suggests that so far, they are having a much more successful war than The MSS Alliance.

To look in to where the villages are being taken and lost, we shall now delve in to the individual tribe statistics.

alltimetribestats.png

At the time of this screenshot being taken, it appears that individual tribal success is as follows (ordered numerically):

SOHK, at +294 war caps.
Bush, at +240 war caps.
ATS, at +11 war caps.

-SWAT-, at -61 war caps.
Smile, at -221 war caps.
MIKE, at -263 war caps.

The statistics so far tell quite a clear tale: all tribes within The ABS Alliance appear to be taking a much more successful offensive so far against their enemies, than the MSS Alliance.
However, whilst MIKE and Smile have quite a heavy loss rate so far, -SWAT- is only down a trinklet of villages in total so far in this war, and so their personal efforts as a tribe appear to be working better than those of the remainder of The MSS Alliance.

As it currently stands, no tribe in The MSS Alliance appears to be having success in the World War at this point in time. Will any of these tribes be able to turn the current statistics around?
As it currently stands, all tribes in The ABS Alliance appear to be having a relatively strong start to this war. Will they be able to maintain such a strong start in the leading of the statistics?

To find out the opinions of the various tribes, dukes of the top 4 tribes, which amounted to 2 from each side of the World War, were asked to take part in a friendly interview to find out their stance. Sadly, the leadership of -SWAT- declined to participate for the following reason (nb that I checked to see if they would not mind this quote being provided to explain the reason for their lack of participation, and received no objection):

ru1pw3.png

So, the interviews taking place are with a duke of SOHK, a duchess of Bush and a duke of MIKE.

Interviews With The Dukes

Googly: How do you feel this world is progressing?
[SPOIL]
Memory Lane: This world wasn't what I expected. At the beginning of it, it was announced that the settings were favorable for the newer players. I think the settings are undesirable for most people, new and old, so it's nice to see there's still enough active people left to fill enough tribes for a real war to happen.
Mr. Mikey: It's progressing great, since the amount of tribes and players keeps decreasing, which shows this world is growing towards the endgame. Whilst this is happening MIKE keeps growing larger all the time and I'm very proud of that. It means my tribemates are doing the best they can and are doing a good job at it!
Tossa75: The world is progressing towards end game faster than I expected considering noble limits and such things.[/SPOIL]

Googly: What is your opinion on the war between the MIKE and -SWAT- alliance, and the Bush and SOHK alliance, thus far?
[SPOIL]
Memory Lane: The war is still young. I'm hoping it'll be a good war where everyone stays where they are and fights it out. It's going to be quite some time before anyone could really predict a winner without bias.
Mr. Mikey: The MIKE/-SWAT- alliance is working and holding out nicely. There is a lot of contact and cooperation, which is what is needed to gain any progress in this stage of the game. About the Bush/SOHK alliance I ofcourse have no idea, but it seems to me they could together a little more at some points...
Tossa75: Thus far I think the war is going well for Bush/SOHK and we just need to keep the pressure on them.[/SPOIL]

Googly: Do you feel that the above stated alliances are missing or including tribes which are worth taking in to consideration at the present time?
[SPOIL]
Memory Lane: The tribes involved in the war are listed in the Wars section in-game. Stats for everyone are listed right there, so it's really hard to even attempt to manipulate or twist stats unless adding in people who have left tribes or people in a unaffiliated tribes.
Mr. Mikey: We seem to have become allies with Smile, that might change things a little?
Tossa75: I can't effectively answer this question atm.[/SPOIL]

Googly: Do you think that the current statistics (currently 530 villages in favour of Bush and SOHK in the ingame statistics), accurately reflect the war so far, or do you feel that they are misleading? If so, please explain why.
[SPOIL]
Memory Lane: The current stats are absolutely an accurate reflection of the war between the tribes actually involved so far. I just hope all tribes keep the stats fair by not dismissing people who are losing villages just because they are losing villages.
Mr. Mikey: The stats could be a bit misleading, since Bush has been taking a lot of villages in k12, which is the area we have the smallest players in. They are putting up a fight, but are having a hard time dealing with their way larger opponents from Bush. Once they meat the larger players from MIKE and -SWAT- the stats will change for sure.
Tossa75: Indeed I do feel the stats accurately reflect how the war is going. The first round went pretty much as well as could be expected and I'm confident that the continuing rounds will be increasingly efficient.[/SPOIL]

Googly: How do you see this world finishing, with who as the victor? And do you see yourself still playing W52, perhaps leading your tribe to a world win, or do you see yourself leaving this world prior to the world officially ending, for any reason?
[SPOIL]
Memory Lane: This war is the deciding factor on how this world finishes. It's much too new to predict an outcome. Tribes will continue to evolve over the course of the war.

My priority is the tribe itself. Win or lose, I just want to make sure each member stays active and interested, and has fun in the process. As long as my members are here, then I will be right here with them.

Mr. Mikey: I personally will never leave this world, that's the only certainty I can give you on this one! ;) As for how this world will end, nobody knows, not even me. Who knows what will happen in the future, who will quit the game, who will be taken down, which barriers will be breached... So this one I cannot answer, only the future will tell! ;)
Tossa75: I see the world ending with the winner of this current war as the victor.

I would like to think that I will remain as co-duke of SOHK at the official end of the world, but I am acutely aware that RL will pull me away as soon as I go back to working 16 hour days.

I will remain in some capacity after that time, but perhaps not enough to really play the role.
[/SPOIL]

With these interviews, which provide an interesting insight in to views of the various tribes, I am afraid that I will be ending here for today.

I hope that this article has been an interesting read, so until next time - Goodbye!

~G

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Great entry. I hope our foes can bring themselves to replying next time, after seeing it presented in this, may I say, very unbiased manner.

DeletedUser

Great post man, unbiased indeed, so everyone can form an opinion. Nice to see it really went up! :)

Too bad SWAT didn't wanne reply, guess Lavrikan must have been busy? :p

I'll be happy to provide you more stats if needed and be sure to keep Bush in them. Maybe they will lose some villies, but they sure made some nice ODD in the past 24 hours!

DEiiTY

The only thing you could improve on is a TL;DR at the bottom for us lazy people :icon_redface:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'd be interested in getting some feedback from -SWAT- camp on their view on this article - any constructive criticism is welcome, as it will help improve the next one :)

shredded

Lol looks like Swat isn't succeeding in their ops in game so now they had a planned OP not to REPLY to this thread :p

DeletedUser

Well done, good read and very interesting that noone from SWAT had anything to say ;)

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
33f7w4w.png

Hello again!

In this edition, we shall explore the ongoing war in a little bit more depth. Unfortunately, no interview was secured with -SWAT- leadership, since another attempt to approach them for a conversation didn't receive warm welcome. So, instead of this being the first of a series of 6 blogs designed to cover each tribe involved in this war as had originally been intended, this blog will be entirely focused on the conflict at hand, looking in to where since the start of the war (going by the time that ingame war began) villages are being lost and gained. It will also reveal part of the MIKE and -SWAT- relationship (courtesy of a contact within one of these tribes). Interested? Read on!

We will continue with the nicknames of the two different groups, through a small map of the MSS alliance versus the ABS alliance. This has been made to show the full positioning of the two sides of this war.

k9w311.png

The world has a pretty clear north/south divide, with the line ranging from the K20s in the west, where Bush and ATS meet -SWAT- and MIKE, to the K40/50s in the east, where SOHK meets Smile and -SWAT-.

A slightly larger map, demonstrates the current positionings of the 6 involved tribes.

2ylp7q1.png

Alongside the map, we have the ever-present ingame war statistics.

It is worth noting, that the last edition (dated 30.01.2012) had a positive 545 statistic in terms of caps, for the ABS Alliance.

dlql47.png

As I write this article, the ABS alliance is breaking 1000 caps in the ingame war. They have also increased their lead on the MSS Alliance, to 792 - equating to a gain of 247 war-cap villages in the space of 9 days.

To see where the individual tribes are in terms of the war statistics, I have sorted the ingame war tab in to order of the most caps.

xenayd.png

As you can see, of the 3 "giants", SOHK and Bush have a huge lead over -SWAT-.
Interestingly, ATS has 50% of the war caps that MIKE has - despite being over 11 times smaller as a tribe.

As with last week, now comes the overall war statistics of each tribe as an individual:

Positive Stats
SOHK is on a lead of 443 villages. Almost 150 more than in the last edition.
Bush is on a lead of 338 villages. Almost 100 more than in the last edition.
ATS is on a lead of 11 villages. Exactly level with last edition.

Negative Stats
-SWAT- is down by 118 villages. Down nearly 60 villages since the last edition.
Smile is down by 311 villages. Down exactly 90 villages since the last edition.
MIKE is down by 363 villages. Down exactly 100 villages since the last edition.

In the last edition, I neglected to highlight where the largest losses and gains were taking place on a player by player basis. So in this one, we shall include the top 20 players in terms of war caps, and the top 20 in terms of war losses, since the war began.

The Losses
[SPOIL]
9izayh.png

As you will notice, only one account in the ABS Alliance, appears in this top 20 list.
SOHK has 1 member making an appearance.
Smile has 3 members making an appearance.
MIKE and -SWAT- each have 8 members making an appearance.

This begs the question: how are the ABS Alliance holding their ground so well that of the largest losses during this war, only one member in all 3 tribes combined makes an appearance in the "list of shame", with 19 MSS members filling the ranks? Are strategies being employed that are more successful in the ABS Alliance than in MSS?[/SPOIL]

The Gains
[SPOIL]
2yty7vl.png

As you will notice, only one account in the MSS Alliance appears in this list, and is also in negative figures for personal war caps.
-SWAT- has 1 member making an appearance.
Bush has 8 members making an appearance.
SOHK has 11 members making an appearance.

This begs the question: how are the ABS Alliance able to overpower their enemy to the extent that they dominate this list so much? Are they fighting easier opponents than the MSS Alliance? Better co-ordination? Better planning? Or is it reliant on luck?[/SPOIL]

Alliance Of Doubts?

It has been noticed by several, that -SWAT- has begun nobling MIKE. Is it an agreement? Is it cross-nobling? Or is it something else. Well, I have done some digging, and through a contact within the MSS Alliance, have received a rather interesting screenshot.

[SPOIL]Side 1:
Tribes: -SWAT-
Side 2:
Tribes: MIKE

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 13
Side 2: 0
Difference: 13

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 101,654
Side 2: 0
Difference: 101,654

chart

[/SPOIL]

So, not many caps. The player has been dismissed or left MIKE, so future statistics may not show. However, it isn't as innocent as the outsider's point of view suggests:

[SPOIL]
jrtx82.png
[/SPOIL]

An interesting discussion of the topic. I will thank the source now, for providing such a fascinating insight in to the way the diplomacy works in -SWAT- leadership. Is this how -SWAT- leadership treats all its allies?

I shall leave you on that question, as there is little else to cover in this edition.

Until next time,

Peace out :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Great blog... I would advice to edit the screenshot and black out the names of those who write mails.. and only tell us what tribe or position they hold (like swat member, or swat leadership)...

Since I kinda feel bad for lavrikan now :| when you make this public..
On the other hand, it's always nice to know how people really behave :)

The blog overal, just great !!

Keep on blogging...

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I would advice to edit the screenshot and black out the names of those who write mails.. and only tell us what tribe or position they hold (like swat member, or swat leadership)...

Thanks for the kind words :)

In terms of the censorship suggestion:

The first blog, I had queried directly with lavrikan3 if I could post that extract. No issue was raised when I queried it, so that one was fine as far as I am aware to post up.

The second blog, the provider of the screenshot has not requested that I do any form of censorship on the image provided, so I do not currently think it best to do censorship - it would also lose a lot of the meaning of the screenshot's content if I were to remove the names. That being said, I do try to the best of my ability to stay within the blogging CoC - I'll query their stance on this and then edit as necessary once I have done so :)

DeletedUser

Great blog... I would advice to edit the screenshot and black out the names of those who write mails.. and only tell us what tribe or position they hold (like swat member, or swat leadership)...

On the contrary, I would say that these kind of expository screenshots are the best! Makes for exciting yellow journalism that should rile up the forums.

I find it interesting that Lavrikan is pretty high on both the gains and losses rankings. Are those simply recaps from villages lost, or are those from two completely different fronts? (I could look at twstats, but... :icon_rolleyes:)

Nice blog :)