Votes: 51 40.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Actually, seems he's right, just checked on my phone, your signature loads immediately when I click show, definitely seems to be loaded into memory when the page initially is.

So, just for the sake of allowing people to make an informed decision - is there any "performance" difference between spoilered/unspoilered maps?

I voted "yes" on the assumption that there was (as I have been told this before) - not because it affects me personally, but because it may have affected others. If I knew this was not the case, I would have most certainly have voted no.

DeletedUser

Bromance as was said the images start to load the minute the page opens regardless of whether they are spoiled or not. So spolerig them does not enhance performance.

Also I am often on the forums on my phone more than anywhere else and maps load perfectly for me be it loading via 3G, 2G or my wifi.

Next point @ Lord Zepert.
As I have stated before as have others if you wish to only view particular maps I suggest you use this beautiful thing called a bookmark. Load only the maps you want without wasting your bandwidth by loading pictures you aren't going to look at and only see the maps you want to say.

As the meerkat would say 'simples'.

DeletedUser

So in other words the whole reason people want them spoilered is to cut down on load time and bandwidth use which they have been told it will not change if they are spoilered and they have been clearly instructed on how to bookmark the image address of the specific map they wish if they are on limited bandwidth but because of the simple ignorance of people and inability to see reason they want them spoilered anyway.

jesus-facepalm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bromance as was said the images start to load the minute the page opens regardless of whether they are spoiled or not. So spolerig them does not enhance performance.

Also I am often on the forums on my phone more than anywhere else and maps load perfectly for me be it loading via 3G, 2G or my wifi.

Next point @ Lord Zepert.
As I have stated before as have others if you wish to only view particular maps I suggest you use this beautiful thing called a bookmark. Load only the maps you want without wasting your bandwidth by loading pictures you aren't going to look at and only see the maps you want to say.

As the meerkat would say 'simples'.

The reason there is a thread, is to save people the hassle of doing that, and instead it is conveniently located on the world forum. If the solution is to bookmark them, why is there even a thread here and why don't people just go to nickjer's website? Perhaps then he might get the odd donation or two.

DeletedUser

The reason there is a thread, is to save people the hassle of doing that, and instead it is conveniently located on the world forum. If the solution is to bookmark them, why is there even a thread here and why don't people just go to nickjer's website? Perhaps then he might get the odd donation or two.

Because as crazy as it sounds most people want to see all maps in one place. Even if this poll turns out in favour or spoilers I'm still going to debate back to the mod to have the thread remain the same especially as technically the 'don't cares' kind of side with us. They are saying it isn't a necessity that they are spoiled but the don't care if they are thus you would be creating more hassle for a larger portion of the community.

You will find that every map thread has nickjer's website linked in the post and it's one of the few websites you can post here without receiving an infraction (I think?)

DeletedUser

If neither side can get even 50%, I see no reason to break the status quo.
Maps should remain unspoilered.

DeletedUser

Agree with TS, don't care should count as it staying the way it is.

DeletedUser

Because as crazy as it sounds most people want to see all maps in one place. Even if this poll turns out in favour or spoilers I'm still going to debate back to the mod to have the thread remain the same especially as technically the 'don't cares' kind of side with us. They are saying it isn't a necessity that they are spoiled but the don't care if they are thus you would be creating more hassle for a larger portion of the community.

You will find that every map thread has nickjer's website linked in the post and it's one of the few websites you can post here without receiving an infraction (I think?)

This is just silly, "don't care", I find, tends to mean they don't care what the outcome is. If spoilers were a hassle to them, they would've voted no. Not too sure where you pulled that out of..

DeletedUser

This is just silly, "don't care", I find, tends to mean they don't care what the outcome is. If spoilers were a hassle to them, they would've voted no. Not too sure where you pulled that out of..

They are saying that if it is spoilered they have no issue with having to open the spoilers, however they have no qualms with the thread how it currently stands, thus it is affecting less players than what it is affecting.

DeletedUser

Can the mod please note, that a yes voter opted to change their vote to no.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

Can the mod please note, that a yes voter opted to change their vote to no.

Thank you.

Can you please note that you do not speak for me.

I used the conditional tense. I voted how I voted, and I stand by it. It is my fault for being ignorant, but my vote stands.

I also agree that I think this vote may be somewhat rigged. Perhaps the Mod could compare votes to people who actually use this forum, and remove those who don't - although not completely foolproof, it is probably the best way to remove votes from people just asking their friends to vote a certain way.

Status
Not open for further replies.