US Marines / US Army need your help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionlukas

Hi,

[If you are not a real life member of US Armed Services could you please refer this to the one you might know and have them read it, I'd appreciate it a lot.]

thanks for your help. Too keep it as short as possible; my villages are being attacked by two players, "Rupert" and "Cornelius". "Fight Club" names are used to protect their privacy.

The emails you gonna read are real.

"Rupert" is a real life US Marine who is deploying for Afghanistan, "Cornelius" is seemingly just a teenage boy, most probably from United Kingdom. Although our tribes are at war and "Rupert" is our in-game enemy, he wished us goodbye as he is a Personal Ally of one of my tribe members, and they knew each other from way back.

So...

Here is "Rupert's" goodbye email.

[spoil]
"Rupert" on 04.01. at 14:21
well I just don't have time to play much anymore and I have not been on in over a day now. I will be deploying to afganistan next month so I guess it is time for me to just quit. I wish you the best in this world

Take care
"Rupert"
[/spoil]

Right.
Now all of a sudden "Rupert", who has allegedly quit, starts attacking us.

What we do know is that "Cornelius" is account sitting him and other way around, so when one guy is sleeping and away the other guy is sitting his account. As per this email when "Cornelius" sent to my other tribe member, also a Personal Ally of his own, lets call him "X":

[spoil]
"Rupert" on 14.12. at 12:53
ok thanks, this is "Cornellius" here

MEMBER X on 14.12. at 13:01
haha do you use the same computer or something?

"Rupert" on 14.12. at 15:41
no we are just good mates in this world, he sits me when i am offline and i st him when he works! Just means our accounts are run 24hours aday

MEMBER X on 23.12. at 13:50
The rest of the conversation is just useless information about me supporting him and him promising to repay me and help me build my first academy.

This message has been forwarded by MEMBER X.
[/spoil]

Ok, so we have now established that also.

Here is the real whopper. I'm gonna let you read the exchange between "Rupert" and myself and you tell me what you think is wrong with this picture.

[spoil]
orionlukas on 06.01. at 04:35
Just wishing you all the best in Afghanistan.

It takes guts do to that you know, go there and fight the terrorists and heroin drug lords.

-Orion.

"Rupert" on 06.01. at 12:02
true but I still have a few months to spend here with family and friends

orionlukas on 06.01. at 16:12
This is interesting.

You know the village you guys are attempting to take from me? That guy use to be a jarhead too, what are the odds of that happening.

Hey, imagine if you are in the group that gets Osama. Looking at the barrel of your M-15, he might not go down without a fight. He's not Saddam.

Saddam was a dictator nobody liked. Osama, now he's a dangerous fanatic that has a following ready to die for him. The analysts say he will rather order one of his own to kill him, to deny Obama to put him in some hellhole Illinois supermax before a trial.

Do you think he might actually not go down and use the opportunity whilst on trial to spew anti-American propaganda?

"Rupert" on 06.01. at 21:11
The truth is I honestly think he is dead, he has been sick for the last decade or so. Also no one has heard a word from him since the afgan war started.

But if he is alive I would expect nothing less then a gun fight for him and if he did give up I would love to beat the living daylights out of him!!!! even if I had to go to jail for a few days

orionlukas on 06.01. at 22:49
Your feelings are understandable.

Which Operational Command are you deploying into North or the Capital?

That guy [MY EX TRIBE MEMBER, ALSO JARHEAD], he was in Op Desert Storm.

"Rupert" today at 01:43
Unknown your guess would be as good as mine but I would prob guess south

orionlukas today at 07:12
South is a tough region.
Close to Pakistan but everything is close to Pakistan, right?

But hey, when you crawled in the mud and climbed the rope on the wall in White Sands, New Mexico and fired M1EB machine gun as part of your training, you probably already had that emotional resolution to be able to kill somebody.

It is just fascinating to me.

Here is the most important question for you; how long do you think the Afghanistan deployment will last until Obama will have to initiate the troop witdrawal? 3 months? 6 months?

What is your gut feeling telling you?

"Rupert" today at 12:04
I would say atleast another year or two before we are out

orionlukas today at 15:15
In any case all the best.

"Rupert" today at 15:57
thanks
[/spoil]

Now, another pass at the same email, this time with factual parts he got wrong plus contradictions and the facts he got right highlighted, numbered and discussed:

[spoil]
orionlukas on 06.01. at 04:35
Just wishing you all the best in Afghanistan.

It takes guts do to that you know, go there and fight the terrorists and heroin drug lords.

-Orion.

"Rupert" on 06.01. at 12:02
true but I still have a few months (1) to spend here with family and friends

orionlukas on 06.01. at 16:12
This is interesting.

You know the village you guys are attempting to take from me? That guy use to be a jarhead too, what are the odds of that happening.

Hey, imagine if you are in the group that gets Osama. Looking at the barrel of your M-15, (2) he might not go down without a fight. He's not Saddam.

Saddam was a dictator nobody liked. Osama, now he's a dangerous fanatic that has a following ready to die for him. The analysts say he will rather order one of his own to kill him, to deny Obama to put him in some hellhole Illinois supermax before a trial.

Do you think he might actually not go down and use the opportunity whilst on trial to spew anti-American propaganda?

"Rupert" on 06.01. at 21:11
The truth is I honestly think he is dead, he has been sick for the last decade or so. Also no one has heard a word from him since the afgan war started.

But if he is alive I would expect nothing less then a gun fight for him and if he did give up I would love to beat the living daylights out of him!!!! even if I had to go to jail for a few days

orionlukas on 06.01. at 22:49
Your feelings are understandable.

Which Operational Command are you deploying into North or the Capital?

That guy [MY EX TRIBE MEMBER, ALSO JARHEAD], he was in Op Desert Storm.

"Rupert" today at 01:43
Unknown your guess would be as good as mine but I would prob guess south (3)

orionlukas today at 07:12
South is a tough region.
Close to Pakistan but everything is close to Pakistan, right?

But hey, when you crawled in the mud and climbed the rope on the wall in White Sands, New Mexico (4) and fired M1EB machine gun (5) as part of your training, you probably already had that emotional resolution to be able to kill somebody.

It is just fascinating to me.

Here is the most important question for you; how long do you think the Afghanistan deployment will last until Obama will have to initiate the troop witdrawal? 3 months? 6 months?

What is your gut feeling telling you?

"Rupert" today at 12:04
I would say atleast another year or two before we are out

orionlukas today at 15:15
In any case all the best.

"Rupert" today at 15:57
thanks
[/spoil]

Right... let's go through this step by step:

(1) [spoil]Didn't he claim he is shipping off next month, no time to play, in the Goodbye email? Ok, now lets move onto first big factual error, number...[/spoil]

(2) [spoil]Aren't M16A2, M16A4 and most recently M4 standard Marine Core Infantry weapons? Or they decided to keep going with Don Rumsfeld's plan of poor quality armor for vehicles and outdated weaponry that would deliver a victory on a low budget, the typical thinking of a CEO with his heyday during the golden time of the 80s before the market crashed.[/spoil]

(3) [spoil]Correct! The ISAF RC Capital is rotating between Italy, Turkey and Hungary and the ISAF RC North is predominantly German with some Scandinavians in support. Yes, Americans are dealing with the most dangerous regions; Baluchistan and Waziristan in the South and East, close to the border with Pakistan.[/spoil]

(4) [spoil]Uuuuhhh! The big one, the big one... First; the base in White Sands, New Mexico is the missile proving range. Yet in the pop culture it is also known as the place where (as UFO conspiracy nut cases claim) the allegedly downed UFO's are being test driven in a secret government projects. Also not part of the so called Area 51 near Las Vegas.

Second; US Marines train somewhere near San Diego on the West Coast, and in Quantico on the East Coast. Right?[/spoil]

(5) [spoil]That machine gun I completely made up. Don't know what it really is, a toaster? The actual machine gun I was referring to is M2HB. Even with (2) I am sort of led to believe after watching the movies such as "Jarhead" (also red the novel by Anthony Swofford) and "Full Metal Jacket" that after repeating thousands of times: "This is my rifle, it is part of me, without it I'm nobody" a real Marine would correct me in regards to what kind of weapons they are using. Am I wrong?[/spoil]

For me, there are reasonable grounds to believe it is "Cornelius" behind both accounts, which is considered cheating.

My feelings for admiration for USMC and "Rupert" are genuine, but I believe it is "Cornelius" who might be pulling all the strings. My feelings of loathing for cheating are also genuine.

At the moment I have 12 attacks coming at me from all of their villages, and the first one that hit was a nuke. I'm preparing to make my last stand, post a goodbye message to my fellow tribe members and leave when and if all the nukes and nobles hit.

Please forgive if some areas seem unclear and patchy as I just came into the apartment from outside an hour ago. Trying to organize defenses and write this at the same time makes for poor concentration.

I don't want to put in a complaint until I have some opinions about it. Full disclosure: yes, we suspected this happened once before, we put in a complaint and it came back negative (not cheating) that time.

Still, something just doesn't look right about it though. True, it could be a nice clean shot they took at me, and if so my congratulations to "Rupert" and "Cornelius" will be passed on after my game exit. Still, it just keeps bugging me. After investing my time and money into this entertainment product I'd like to know things were fair.

The English game admin might not take it seriously, so I'm thinking of going straight to the Germans, but there could be a language barrier of course. Apparently, the way the check is done, somebody actually checks it manually, and there is NO way to know for sure via a yes/no computer check as I was told with our previous complaint.

Please don't quote this whole original post, just the part of what strikes you the most about something, or a specific point / spoiler.

If you decide to post and you are in USMC or US Army, thank you and if you could list some of your experience that would be much appreciated.

Thank you again,
Orion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So you think the guy was pretending to be in the forces for attention? I'm not American but rejoining the Army as soon as I can. (UK)

Loved how you kept pressing him into contradicting himself.

DeletedUser83995

Hmmm this is just my opinion i could be wrong, but im in the USA Army and alot that he has said sounds like he has no clue what he's talking about/going on. Im a B21 and we use M16's im not sure what USMC use tho i could find out very easily tho. BTW if he was shipping out next month he would be in training right now ;)

orionlukas

BTW if he was shipping out next month he would be in training right now ;)

Your words keep resounding in my mind...

"BTW if he was shipping out next month he would be in training right now ;)"
"... shipping out next month he would be in training right now ;)"
"... in training right now ;)"
"...RIGHT NOW."

You're correct.

Surely they would, and not play TW. They would be put through pains somewhere in a desert near San Diego. (I think).

So either "Rupert" is not a marine at all, or... he IS and IS already gone and IS in training right now, and "Cornelius" is playing his account.

I'm one beat from putting this through the admin...

But... there has to be a jarhead playing this game somewhere in one of the tribes, if not on this World [42] then on one of the others, that can confirm if this guy is for real or not. If you could bring this to the attention of your contacts in the other Worlds I'd appreciate it. (Doesn't have to be anything major). I'll start knocking on the doors of tribes in W42, although I have to be careful about it, not to face a spamming ban.

Apart from one guy that use to be in my tribe, I'm positive there was one more in one of the smaller tribes of W42 also. Not sure if he or his tribe survived though.

I took 2 x nukes on the nose and still going strong. My fellow tribe members are going through the same in the major onslaught we are currently facing.

Thank you for any help you could offer regarding this issue...

DeletedUser

This does not offer any help to your question, but if he is pretending to be in the Army then that is just......
*Shakes head in disproval*, you could say.

orionlukas

This does not offer any help to your question, but if he is pretending to be in the Army then that is just......

My guy was more experienced one and has probably gone through and seen all sorts of stuff in deployment. These older dogs don't boast about it as much and usually keep quiet. In fact I didn't even know about his RL military background for a few weeks when we first started the tribe.

But these younger ones, boasting is expected, right? To me if "Rupert" is willing to face death in the real life as a marine he's a stand up guy. If that is still him playing and not "Cornelius", than he's a fraud yes, but not a cheat.

What about you guys in "Bounty Hunters"? Are you all sort of 'younger players' or do you have some more mature guys up in the North West? Any ex-military folks (worth a shot asking)?

DeletedUser

Agree 100%
Pretending to be in the Army just to get respect on an online strategy game is pathetic. Maybe he's trying to be creative by giving an original quitting excuse. As already mentioned, if he wa shipping out a month from when he said, he'd be there now. The Army doesn't just suddenly decide to give you a few extra months...

DeletedUser

My dad was in Afghanistan and in Iraq he was among the first guys in with Operation Telic. Disgusting that some people can lie about what brave men are doing just to get ahead on the internet.

DeletedUser

Im not really sure what your getting at from your post.. considering you marked things that you said yourself :icon_confused:

Personally I am in the army, as anyone that has been on skype can tell you :p There are 2 issues I see off the bat, 1 he isnt supposed to be telling you where he is going much less when due to OPSEC. 2 he may be referring to block leave before the depoyment, hince time spent with family. White sands missle range is a tiny base pretty close to fort bliss, they use it for most explosives (grenades/ claymores) and BRM. (Ft bliss is in the middle of el paso and you cant even dig there due to ordinance :p) It is army controlled.

Marines only deploy for 6 months, army 12 to 15.

Anyway, if he is faking the funk. Its not the first person and definately wont be the last.

Ps the marines do bootcamp at parris island and in sand diego depot. Did my training at Ft Benning. Home of the infantry :D

Whys the sky blue? Cuz god loves the infantry.

DeletedUser

Hmmm this is just my opinion i could be wrong, but im in the USA Army and alot that he has said sounds like he has no clue what he's talking about/going on. Im a B21 and we use M16's im not sure what USMC use tho i could find out very easily tho. BTW if he was shipping out next month he would be in training right now ;)

I dunno if youve ever deployed, but the month right before is usually taken up by packing up the conex's and block leave. Training is done 5-6 months before hand. depending on the units dwell time and when they stood up.

orionlukas

I dunno if youve ever deployed, but the month right before is usually taken up by packing up the conex's and block leave. Training is done 5-6 months before hand. depending on the units dwell time and when they stood up.

Elpidius, how do you know all that? Through research or...? Hmm... any jarheads in Manic by any chance?

DeletedUser

Im in the Army and I have deployed. That's why. Look above the post you quoted lol

orionlukas

Im in the Army and I have deployed. That's why. Look above the post you quoted lol

Yeap, also you are in "Are you OK?" as oppose to Manic. Hmmm... apologies.

So what's your gut feeling telling you? This guys is a fraud (pretends his a jarhead, morally wrong, not cheating) or that's "Cornelius" playing his account?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have run into many people pretending to be military, from navy seals and delta force all the way up to generals (haha).

This guy may be legit but I somehow doubt it. Perhaps he was in the military quite a while ago, But I dont think he currently is. You could always ask what his ETS date is and wether they have been to NTC/RFI yet. (NTC sucks by the way so theres no way he wouldnt know what it is :p)

orionlukas

I have run into many people pretending to be military, from navy seals and delta force all the way up to generals (haha).

This guy may be legit but I somehow doubt it. Perhaps he was in the military quite a while ago, But I dont think he currently is. You could always ask what his ETS date is and wether they have been to NTC/RFI yet. (NTC sucks by the way so theres no way he wouldnt know what it is :p)

Yeah, I'll give it a shot, cheers.

whall0625

Im not really sure what your getting at from your post.. considering you marked things that you said yourself :icon_confused:

Personally I am in the army, as anyone that has been on skype can tell you :p There are 2 issues I see off the bat, 1 he isnt supposed to be telling you where he is going much less when due to OPSEC. 2 he may be referring to block leave before the depoyment, hince time spent with family. White sands missle range is a tiny base pretty close to fort bliss, they use it for most explosives (grenades/ claymores) and BRM. (Ft bliss is in the middle of el paso and you cant even dig there due to ordinance :p) It is army controlled.

Marines only deploy for 6 months, army 12 to 15.

Anyway, if he is faking the funk. Its not the first person and definately wont be the last.

Ps the marines do bootcamp at parris island and in sand diego depot. Did my training at Ft Benning. Home of the infantry :D

Whys the sky blue? Cuz god loves the infantry.

I was in the US military Air Force and cross trained to the USMC and u nailed the other big point and thats that if he was legit he wouldnt be giving away so much classified information.......as far as him not correcting you on ur blatant mistakes maybe he was trying not to be rude......i hate to think anyone would fake or lie about something like this.

DeletedUser

Orion, dont you know that changing the name of the link does not change its destination???:icon_rolleyes:

I found out who the players are just by clicking on their names!!:icon_twisted:
NUB!:icon_rolleyes:

EDIT:
Your own tribe members nobled you out?
Why? you quit or summat like that?

Think Twice.

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know a lot about the stuff, but I'm 17 and am 90% sure I'm going in the USMC. Even think I'm going to be doing training this summer, but I'm a junior in H.S. Still. I'm probably going to be an MP though.

Anyways yeah he don't know what he's talking about.

DeletedUser

Make sure you stay in school and get your high school diploma before joining. You would be surprised how much that little paper helps in life. Plus, the military can only take like 1% of recruits that have a GED instead of a diploma. So your likelyhood of gettin in goes down.

If you are looking into the service then I would suggest scheduling appointments with each branches recruiters and see which one will do the most for you and or fit you the best. Practice for the asvab so you can get the job you want, aim for at least a 110 GT score.

If you do end up joining, see you down range sometime in the future :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

hmm.... I speak as a future officer in the british army.

I dont pretend to have been there done it, but i know people who have.

IMO, this guy is faking and if he was legit. OPSEC would not allow him to reveal sensitive details such as deployment locations etc... he is probably just some kid at home playing on his xbox thinking he is a big boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.