Valid Questions for Tribes

DeletedUser

I'm not sure If I should put this in here, or in the recruitment section, but for now here will work. I received alot of invites since joining the world (nearly a dozen) and a few people were even kind enough to message me. I decided while considering these tribes that asking them a few questions would be best. so here is the start of my first conversation with these questions

Backrub? said:
MJOLNIRchief90 today at 02:19
I have special strawberry scented hand lotion.

Pulindar today at 02:29
Ya know, I almost clicked accept purely because of that message :) Thanks for actually reading my profile before inviting, and for sending me a message.

Permit me to ask a few questions before joining.

1.) What, exactly, are your opinions on diplomacy, and how do you expect to run it?
2.) How many other experienced players are in your tribe, and what do you mean by experienced?
3.) what are your policies on recruitment, and why did you invite me?
4.) which K's are you going to be focusing on, or are you just spreading out?
5.) What is your general opinion of family tribes, nothing specific, just for, against, or neutral or something in between
6.) what type of advancements are open in the tribe ranks?
7.) what is your policy for spamming, both publicly, and internally?
8.) What is your policy on nobling smaller villas?
9.) how strict do you plan on being on your tribe rules?
10.) what is your policy for inactivity?
11.) do we help tribe members no matter what, or under circumstances will we let things play out?

I think that's all, thank you for taking the time to respond to those tiny questions,
[player]Pulindar[/player]

If you feel like answering these questions, feel free to do so here. I will post this specific persons answers immediately, he's the only one who has responded so far with answers.

P.S. my profile says that if someone sends me an invite they better be willing to give me a backrub, or have me give them one or something to that extent.

DeletedUser

Backrub? said:
MJOLNIRchief90 today at 02:44
1 Diplomacy should be an asset, not a limiting factor in a tribe's growth. I'm not going to ally or NAP with a tribe if it doesn't benefit us.
2 I can't really speak for the experience of my other members as of yet. One is just dipping his toes in the water of W 25 and another has an account on another world. I myself play W 19 and am currently 136th overall.
3 Recruitment. At first I just started to recruit people around me but then I realized that since the K is so small, I could just check the continent rankings and invite people from the top down who didn't already have a tribe. I sent the invite to you when I came down to your name.
4 Eventually I wish for the tribe to own all the continents but for now I think we should focus on dominating K56
5 Same policy as #1. If it suits us, we will take them on.
6 Since it's early, I'm not focusing on any in tribe advancement. Those who prove worthy of in tribe positions will get them.
7 I find spam delicious. Especially on white bread with lettuce, cheese and tomato.
8 I think that any time a person nobles a village, they don't make the decision lightly. Any village a person wants, no matter the points, they may have.
9 As long as someone doesn't screw up too bad, I think I'm pretty lenient.
10 If we have room, we'll keep them until we can noble them, but if someone wants to join, they'll be the first ones gone.
11 Unless the tribe member really screwed up and puts the tribe in a position we don't want to be in, help should always be quick.

MJOLNIRchief90 today at 02:45
I had fun answering your questions. It makes me hope you join even more, because you're someone who takes the time to do at least a little research.
here is his response to my questions

P.S. mods if you desire to move this to the recruitment thread, feel free. Also people try not to spam this too much, I love spam more than most of you, but I really do take tribes semi seriously

DeletedUser

I'm not sure If I should put this in here, or in the recruitment section, but for now here will work. I received alot of invites since joining the world (nearly a dozen) and a few people were even kind enough to message me. I decided while considering these tribes that asking them a few questions would be best. so here is the start of my first conversation with these questions

If you feel like answering these questions, feel free to do so here. I will post this specific persons answers immediately, he's the only one who has responded so far with answers.

P.S. my profile says that if someone sends me an invite they better be willing to give me a backrub, or have me give them one or something to that extent.

If you still looking for a tribe PM me these questions and I will answer them but I am not going to give away that kind of info on the public forums.

DeletedUser

Thsoe are really good questions Pulindar...all valid, and should be kept in mind when choosing a tribe...

DeletedUser

I considered inviting you, purley because your from world 21, but then I remembered how usless you are.

Mr.FeaR

Yea sweet questions. Even sweeter what noobs will say to get someone in tribe.

sir maleagant

so you're saying all tribes should answer these questions on here so you could pick the best one? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

so you're saying all tribes should answer these questions on here so you could pick the best one? :icon_confused:

I dont think it is so much for his own benefit, might have just though it would be interesting =D

(just a guys dont hate on me if I'm wrong)

DeletedUser

They seem viable questions, however there is a certain point you can cross in which a tribe could reconsider your vote if you come on too strong like that. Generally, if they've sent an invite to you, they're going to be wanting you to join their tribe, that's the basic principal. However, something many people tend to forget is that a relationship between your leader, recruiter, and infact your entire tribe is highly important if not mandatory for success in that tribe. Coming on so strong as to request the immediate answering of several or more questions, which could outright suggest or imply a lack of the tribe's ability or leadership to, might I add, one of the aristocracy who sent you an invite, is a risky move and could damage the chances of establishing, and the extent at which, a friendly relationship between yourself and the tribe could come about.

Generally these days, people see tribes are building blocks for their own personal growth. Back in the old days, a tribe used to mean something. You had that connection with your tribesmates, that aspiration for everyone to succeed and that competitive growth between them, which offered you all the chance to prosper. To ask so many direct and somewhat impersonal, as could be seen depending upon the person in question, could risk the development of such an important stake.

Tribes grow and tribes fall, and it's often overlooked that the fault of this growth and fall is all to do with the members that join it, missing this required relationship and bonding that is important beyond recognition.

Besides, who wouldn't accept an invitation from a tribe who says, "I have special strawberry scented hand lotion.", and offers you a back rub?

DeletedUser

They seem viable questions, however there is a certain point you can cross in which a tribe could reconsider your vote if you come on too strong like that. Generally, if they've sent an invite to you, they're going to be wanting you to join their tribe, that's the basic principal. However, something many people tend to forget is that a relationship between your leader, recruiter, and infact your entire tribe is highly important if not mandatory for success in that tribe. Coming on so strong as to request the immediate answering of several or more questions, which could outright suggest or imply a lack of the tribe's ability or leadership to, might I add, one of the aristocracy who sent you an invite, is a risky move and could damage the chances of establishing, and the extent at which, a friendly relationship between yourself and the tribe could come about.

Generally these days, people see tribes are building blocks for their own personal growth. Back in the old days, a tribe used to mean something. You had that connection with your tribesmates, that aspiration for everyone to succeed and that competitive growth between them, which offered you all the chance to prosper. To ask so many direct and somewhat impersonal, as could be seen depending upon the person in question, could risk the development of such an important stake.

Tribes grow and tribes fall, and it's often overlooked that the fault of this growth and fall is all to do with the members that join it, missing this required relationship and bonding that is important beyond recognition.

Besides, who wouldn't accept an invitation from a tribe who says, "I have special strawberry scented hand lotion.", and offers you a back rub?

I as a leader would like the fact that someone jas asked questions says to me that they are just joining tribes blindly and based on points, lets them see if it a tribe after their own heart or just a tribe that you have no connection to. This also covers your second point. Knowing what a tribe is like before you join it will help you join a tribe that has similar interest to yourself so that you will get along with everyone better and have much less conflict.

If you read his profile it says -

"I'm tired, I play way to much and sleep way to little. Well, I guess it's a Damn good thing I'm an owl. I will assume all invites are because you love me and wish to let me give you special backrubs, if this assumtion is wrong then please send an invite to Valonsire or to Lone Wolf 19 as they don't expect to get special backrubs from their beneficial friends. "

That is why he was offering a back rub.

DeletedUser

Very true, SRWS on W21 are actual friends more than just tribemates

DeletedUser

@ sir malegant, Bigboi5 is right, it's just an in general thing, if I wanted it for picking the best then I'd just send the questions in the mail and see what I got from there rather than posting them up here.

@ DC: I understand your point, but getting into a relationship with a tribe isn't something that should be taken too lightly either. I believe that these questions aren't only for the player but for the tribe also. In essence if you agree with everything your tribe says on these matters then the relationship between yourself, and the leaders of the tribe, will go much more smoothly. Also, if others in the tribe asked these questions and agree with them too then you'll find that the tribe shares general principles on TW and can get along better. If I were going just based on people I know I'd be making a W21 tribe.

Also, as you can see above the first person who responded kept a generally good relationship with me. Even after I declined his offer the friendliness stayed, and he respected the questions I had to ask. In fact we ended on the note that maybe down the road we'd be in a tribe together.

as for the backrub thing, I really did almost just click accept when I saw that, it was a great introduction and cudoos to the leader.

Muldie325

You should join my tribe Pulindar, we are enemies with the top 45 tribes :p

DeletedUser

lol with how seriously you're taking this world??? *shrugs* maybe, it could be fun for a while. especially since Vilbrii is there too.

DeletedUser

Don't get me wrong in what I said, these are very elaborate questions and are handy for the tribe and the player, though to ask them outright can risk them becoming impersonal, and can cause offense. For a rough example of what I mean, you simply don't go up to any person and kiss them, or hug them, as they would generally react in a negative manor. However with the very same person you could end up kissing them, or hugging them, after you bond.

Hopefully that will help to make my point a little clearer, and help some of you to realize that to ask these questions outright could do more to hurt you than it would to help you.

DeletedUser

I see what you're saying, it could cause a naturally first impression which is the impression that sticks with people the most. This negative impression would then get in the way of all bonding down the road. I try to stay personable with them, but I can see where they could come off that way.