Very Effective defense.

DeletedUser82231

Hello there people of W40 i have just joined on this world on a new account and have discovred and created possibly one of the best defences made i never am saying its the best but its one hell of a defense for one village itself.

It took me some time on doing this defence and its very effective simulate it yourself i also allowed the attacker to have 25% luck on the defence and 100% morale and its sure to hold off 3 full nukes which is very very good imo for one defence im giving this to share out so do not spam in here please or flame cheers.

Your Village has to be 9714 points for the defence to fit in perfectly it also has no scouts but still very good defence.

Also the cost for all this defence comes up to 1052.270 Wood 640.620 Clay and 1.223.490 Iron which is a lot but worth it

the defense is

4555 Spears
3965 Archers
1500 heavy cavalary
400 Catapults-Equiped with the bonfire Weapon.
1 paladin- Bonfire Weapon

Make sure the attacker has no religion and make sure you only have religion this may not be a good defence against attacker who have religion against you but its good if the attacker is not religious as it will have more of an effect.

You may think it cra due the religion bits but it could some day come in handy so do as you wish and thanks for reading again plz do not flame or spam cheers.

Calculate if you will and test it cheers again guys enjoy.:icon_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Make sure the attacker has no religion and make sure you only have religion this may not be a good defence against attacker who have religion against you but its good if the attacker is not religious as it will have more of an effect.

You may think it cra due the religion bits but it could some day come in handy so do as you wish and thanks for reading again plz do not flame or spam cheers.

Ok so how often do players attack without religion? This is my first church world but obviously you are going to be successful when your attacker's troops are at 50% strength. I think a better defense is based on assuming your attacker is always religious....

Also 400 cats with the bonfire weapon is a total fail....I don't even need to run the sim to know that this build is lame and could be way stronger.

DeletedUser

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It's like saying 'this is a great build if your attacker only has 50% morale'.

DirtyDishSoap

Any defense is great when your opposition is fighting at half strength...

DeletedUser

Make sure the attacker has no religion

If you need to put qualifiers up like that, it's a lose/lose situation. Try making a defense where the attacker has every advantage and then come back and impress us with it. I'm wondering if you've tested this out with the attacking army not having a paladin w/ weapon as well.

Back to the drawing board...

DeletedUser

Hello there people of W40 i have just joined on this world on a new account and have discovred and created possibly one of the best defences made i never am saying its the best but its one hell of a defense for one village itself.

It took me some time on doing this defence and its very effective simulate it yourself i also allowed the attacker to have 25% luck on the defence and 100% morale and its sure to hold off 3 full nukes which is very very good imo for one defence im giving this to share out so do not spam in here please or flame cheers.

Your Village has to be 9714 points for the defence to fit in perfectly it also has no scouts but still very good defence.

Also the cost for all this defence comes up to 1052.270 Wood 640.620 Clay and 1.223.490 Iron which is a lot but worth it

the defense is

4555 Spears
3965 Archers
1500 heavy cavalary
400 Catapults-Equiped with the bonfire Weapon.
1 paladin- Bonfire Weapon

Calculate if you will and test it cheers again guys enjoy.:icon_biggrin:

If you are going to use the bonfire, use 2.5k cats, or 2k cats and 4.5k spears, but dont use only 400.

aurora nyte

Anything with the bonfire is amazing unless you're a complete bozo.

DeletedUser

nobody's stupid enough to attack from a village outside church radius.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

It hasn't happened to me on this account, but it has happened to me before - & then the fool posted the unmasked report in his tribal forum, which got him kicked :)

DeletedUser

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

It hasn't happened to me on this account, but it has happened to me before - & then the fool posted the unmasked report in his tribal forum, which got him kicked :)

I'll keep that in mind :lol:

DeletedUser

Human stupidity...If we could use it for fuel we would solve global warming.

coytex

Yes, pretty much any defense will hold of 3 non-religious nukes, but there are 2 other weak spots.

1. Your cats depend on the paladin. That's 1 village. What about the dozens of others that the paladin can't reach quickly enough? There the cats are wasted space.

2. You HC, while versatile, is less effective than the foot equivalent. HC has 200GD/80CD/180AD; 2sp/2sw/2ar (farm equivalent) has 230GD/200CD/130AD. LC are used much more than ma, and 1:1:1 isn't always the best build. Without paladins, a smartly built all foot defense is the strongest, but it takes forever to recruit.

DeletedUser

Personally I think your D changes as the game progresses, where I am there are no players large enough yet to have 3-4 nukes so if you have a couple of D nukes you are going to be able to see off 99% of attacks imho (especially if you have the ability to have cats with bonfire in moderate numbers in any villa to back it up...) later on a pure cat villa serves the same purpose on a larger scale if you want to go that way and the pally is based there

As we have both read form the same textbook :icon_wink: the weakness of the HC is recognised but offset by the speed in which defense can be shifted about, and when D is stacked from multiple villas the losses are rebuilt faster, a major factor when O is a faster build

DeletedUser

yes D depends on were you are if you are in a good spot and are dominating then you build spear,sword,archers and some HC but if you are in a war and are on the front line like i am in w30 strength of troops and having specific numbers becomes less used i build spear and HC because they build the fastest i stack my churches and try to snipe as much as i can

the rise of the golden

yes D depends on were you are if you are in a good spot and are dominating then you build spear,sword,archers and some HC but if you are in a war and are on the front line like i am in w30 strength of troops and having specific numbers becomes less used i build spear and HC because they build the fastest i stack my churches and try to snipe as much as i can

i agree with your thought, but the defence nuke that you claimed to have in a no-warsituation is not the best and i dont agree with it, as if your not in a war, then you should be building archers/swords. maybe somethig like 7000 archers/7000 swords can kill of 2 nukes. well this is the best def nuke, but it takes a month. well obviously, its the typr of nuke you should be working on if you know theres a war to come by in like 3 weeks

and if you can work on something like 10000 swords/10000 archers, then your unstoppable.

when in war or if you need to rebuild really fast, then the best option is to go for spears/HC's and maybe cats.

DeletedUser

if you want to rebuild as fast as possible, then of course you are going to build cats

DeletedUser

This post was a fail when he mentioned having a pally and only 400cats

the rise of the golden

This post was a fail when he mentioned having a pally and only 400cats

the post itself cannot be a fail, the defence can though, this is where we correct others and where others are taught, fair enough he mentioned a prett carp defence in your opinion, but maybe you should correct him.