Video Games

• Thread starter DeletedUser100696
  • Start date

DeletedUser100696

I was looking around at this section and it appears to me there is a major lack of discussion. Mainly it is just mindless games. It kind of bothers me to be honest so I will introduce this topic which should get some talking flowing.

My question here is, do you believe that video games are ruining the youth of this generation?

Since joining, I have noticed that my social life has dwindled and I find myself worrying about attacks going in/coming out/getting attacked/etc. I also find that I have begun staying up WAY later than I ever have just to play the game or read the forums. From what I have heard, this is common practice among many players.

While this is an online gaming site that requires activity, many people do not play this as a teenager. They prefer the games where you can save your progress and continue playing later. E.G. Runescape, Halo, The Elder Scrolls, etc. Now, as anyone that is a parent knows, teens love video games. We love killing stuff and just being a virtual bad ***. For this reason, many of us play video games for more than half of the time we are awake (I am one of those people when I am not working but I am always working now so I don't fit this characterization anymore :p)

Now with teens spending such a massive amount of time on video games, they are missing out on MANY social opportunities and many other opportunities. By missing out on the social opportunities they will never be as far advanced as a teen who is actively being social in social opportunities. By allowing this to continue as parents and not limiting the amount of time they spend on the video game, many people will now be socially awkward since they did not develop some critical social skills.

So what does everyone here think? Are video games ruining our generation?

Tuzain

DeletedUser

Not necessarily video games, but computer games will definitely muff up the youth.

Runescape will definitely ruin you. At least tribalwars involves numbers and strategy.

Examples of people who have been muffed up by computer games are players like dark prince.
( No really.. He is a great example.)

DeletedUser

Some games do ruin the minds, but there are some, as said above, like TW involve good skill. Then you have games like BO which doesn't involve any skill at all.

And for an opinion, I would think that Minecraft is a good game to play, but that's just an opinion.

For good skill games that don't ruin the mind, play the Windows games like FreeCell or Solitaire.