Village Build

DeletedUser

I've never been a huge fan of a level 20 market. And, I never really put my workshop past 5, it's usually only 3.

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 3)
Academy (Level 1)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 15)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Wall (Level 20)

DeletedUser

quoted for truth, i really do not know where this silly idea of saving 250 farm space in place of iron has come from, and it really does not make a great difference in points for morale purposes

this seems to have become some sort of silly trend since beyond world 4 or 5.

The most efficient village will have maxed mines, maxed barracks, maxed stables and walls as a minimum standard of effectiveness, everything else is up to the owner, but those above must be in place otherwise, your village is flawed.

This is not in my opinion, this is what i believe as fact.

haha there are numerous reasons to not building up mines all the way. It gives you 260 more farm space leaving iron at 28 as well as 360 less points. If you cant take the morale hit, and want a bigger nuke or a higher unit defensive village, thats a lot of farm space. Village builds are NEVER set in stone, and if it helps you(especially early-mid game, when its harder to tell what type of villages someone has based on points) then it is good. Yes you can transfer your iron to another village, but if you are making a full axe nuke or a full cavalry nuke(in which case you might lower clay and wood) that gives you more farm space.

So to say that it is fact that it is bad to lower mines, is just ignorant and silly.

Also im not a fan of hiding place lol-just to clear that heated topic up.

DeletedUser1747

haha there are numerous reasons to not building up mines all the way. It gives you 260 more farm space leaving iron at 28 as well as 360 less points. If you cant take the morale hit, and want a bigger nuke or a higher unit defensive village, thats a lot of farm space. Village builds are NEVER set in stone, and if it helps you(especially early-mid game, when its harder to tell what type of villages someone has based on points) then it is good. Yes you can transfer your iron to another village, but if you are making a full axe nuke or a full cavalry nuke(in which case you might lower clay and wood) that gives you more farm space.

So to say that it is fact that it is bad to lower mines, is just ignorant and silly.

Also im not a fan of hiding place lol-just to clear that heated topic up.

I have one of the most flexible strategies in all of tribalwars; nothing is set in stone, and everything has an advantage and a disadvantage.

But, you cannot call yourself knowledgeable about the game of tribalwars and advocate downgrading your resource buildings in any circumstance. I am sure that someone can come up with an irrelevant hypothetical situation, but it will be just that. In a game situation, if you want to boost morale, you can find another building to downgrade easily(despite the fact that downgrading buildings has to be fairly extensive to affect morale by the time you have enough resources to downgrade).

As for not fully building up your resource buildings, following such a strategy will slow your build time. So, while your final army might be slightly larger, the time to build it will be much longer, and its offensive power over time would be much lower(aka, you can attack twice with a smaller army, or once with a larger army, in a hypothetical example). Time is the most important commodity in tribalwars, and losing time will get you nowhere fast.

Anyone worth their salt uses excess resources to store packets and to build troops in other villages. The small increase in efficiency that 250 more farm space would give you would be more than offset by the resource losses you would incur, which would reduce your ability to build noblemen and armies in other villages.

You can argue this point if you like, but there is no justification for such behavior.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i use the 9,813 build.

hq - 20
barracks - 25
stable - 20
workshop - 5
academy - 2
smithy - 20
rp - 1
market - 20
wood - 30
clay - 30
iron - 30
farm - 30
warehouse - 30
hiding place - 0
walls - 20

DeletedUser

I have one of the most flexible strategies in all of tribalwars; nothing is set in stone, and everything has an advantage and a disadvantage.

But, you cannot call yourself knowledgeable about the game of tribalwars and advocate downgrading your resource buildings in any circumstance. I am sure that someone can come up with an irrelevant hypothetical situation, but it will be just that. In a game situation, if you want to boost morale, you can find another building to downgrade easily(despite the fact that downgrading buildings has to be fairly extensive to affect morale by the time you have enough resources to downgrade).

As for not fully building up your resource buildings, following such a strategy will slow your build time. So, while your final army might be slightly larger, the time to build it will be much longer, and its offensive power over time would be much lower(aka, you can attack twice with a smaller army, or once with a larger army, in a hypothetical example). Time is the most important commodity in tribalwars, and losing time will get you nowhere fast.

Anyone worth their salt uses excess resources to store packets and to build troops in other villages. The small increase in efficiency that 250 more farm space would give you would be more than offset by the resource losses you would incur, which would reduce your ability to build noblemen and armies in other villages.

You can argue this point if you like, but there is no justification for such behavior.

Exactly what you said. Time is the most necessary commodity and lvling up iron takes a long time as well as lot of resources. This makes even getting iron to 30 a pain and it takes days and days to make it worth the resources and time lost.

Now dont get me wrong I do indeed upgrade my iron to 30 eventually, but no one can say 100% that not lvling it up to 30 is bad, and state it as fact. There is, just like you said, hypothetical situations where having it lower is worth it. If you are getting resources from farming(which you obviously should be) enough to support a lvl 25 rax and a 20 stable, then that extra few hundred iron is quite negligible when you are constantly cranking out nukes and noblemen.

In the long run, yes having it higher is great, but until you are in late game maintaining a bigger nuke and constantly using your resources on units and nobles is debatably more important. This is just one example. If i was bothered to i could calculate everything out and show a specific example relating to resources and time and farm space, why it is not a bad idea to not max it.

DeletedUser

I will probably try this build in this world. I don't know if it's OCD or something but people seem to stick to building levels divisible by 5.
I have tried to justify this build many times before but I am tired. Take it or leave it. :icon_wink:

Village Headquarters - 23
Barracks - 25
Stable - 20
Workshop - 7
Academy - 2
Smithy - 20
Rally Point - 1
Market - 17
Timber Camp - 30
Clay Pit - 30
Iron Mine - 30
Farm - 30
Warehouse - 27
Hiding Place - 10
Wall - 20

9460 points, 20795 free farm space.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will probably try this build in this world. I don't know if it's OCD or something but people seem to stick to building levels divisible by 5.
I have tried to justify this build many times before but I am tired. Take it or leave it. :icon_wink:

Village Headquarters - 23
Barracks - 25
Stable - 20
Workshop - 7
Academy - 2
Smithy - 20
Rally Point - 1
Market - 17
Timber Camp - 30
Clay Pit - 30
Iron Mine - 30
Farm - 30
Warehouse - 27
Hiding Place - 10
Wall - 20

9460 points, 20795 free farm space.

Don't quote me on this but i think i would probably go 22 or 24 hq. And i like the low market...having 20 is sooo much wasted farm and imo not needed.

DeletedUser

I find the strategies of such dramatic savings of farm space and points to be rather laughable to be honest. The only circumstances where it makes enough difference are circumstances where it doesn't matter anymore. Where's the logic?

Buildings are equally useful in this game as troops. You can't have one without the other. As troops come and go, it's the buildings that stay, with the exception of catapults. It's the buildings that build the troops, so it's a give and take scenario. Those who sacrifice Barracks, Stable or Workshop levels for troop space, aren't using their troops enough. Those who sacrifice mine levels for troop space, aren't spending their resources appropriately. Those who underestimate the usefulness of a hiding place, have never been attacked before.

Allow me to remind those of you who are reading this, of a simple fact. The purpose of a village build is to have a default goal to always aim for in every village, and thus it needs to be as good as possible overall, for every situation.

Decreasing mines? Nope, resources are too valuable.
No hiding place? 80 points, 8 population for 2,000 of each resource, when under attack, that seems like a pretty fair deal to me.
Decreasing HQ? Yes, let's not bother with a quickly rebuilding wall.
Low Workshop? Well, if you find yourself needing catapults or rams quicker than thirty minutes per unit, then don't come bugging to me.

And I could go on.

The only buildings I would ever find reasonable to demolish or have at a lower level are the Market or the Warehouse. If you're going to go further than that, you best scrap the whole idea of a village build, because it's not what you're looking for.

Troops, Buildings, Market Offers and Hauls equal Resources. Troops, Buildings and Commands equal Time. Resources and Time equal Growth. Troops and Buildings take Farm Space.

Buildings add Points and take Time, add Resources and take Farm Space.
Thus, Buildings give this equation:
Buildings: Add Points + Take Farm Space -> Take Time + Add Resources + Take Farm Space
Buildings: Add Points + Take Farm Space -> Growth + Take Farm Space

Focusing solely on one aspect of the game will lead you to struggle, and do less than you could otherwise. Troops aren't everything, and that's a fact. Just like in war, being a fighter will only go so far, the man who can motivate others to fight for him and can also fight, will end up higher than the man who fights on his own because he focused on more than one aspect of war.

Same can be said in village builds. Most only focus on Points and Farm Space, but the best players, you'll find focus on overall Growth. Both focus on troops, but Growth includes more than Points and Farm Space.

DeletedUser

Offense:

Buildings
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 10)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 18)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 27) Will gradually increase above that when running out of iron.
Hiding place (Level 0)
Wall (Level 20)

Defense villages:

Buildings
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 10)
Workshop (Level 5)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 25)
Hiding place (Level 0)
Wall (Level 20)

It all depends upon the particulars of the village though, for instance in my original village I may have a level 10 hiding place from the first few weeks when i'm dodging attacks, but other than that it's not necessary. I also may have lower stables in some D villages and warehouse depends upon activity and inbalance of resources.

Muldie325

Decreasing mines? Nope, resources are too valuable. Agreed
No hiding place? 80 points, 8 population for 2,000 of each resource, when under attack, that seems like a pretty fair deal to me. Well how often do you get attacked? You have to admit the level of competition in this game is pathetic.
Decreasing HQ? Yes, let's not bother with a quickly rebuilding wall. Effect is hardly noticeable and cost too great.
Low Workshop? Well, if you find yourself needing catapults or rams quicker than thirty minutes per unit, then don't come bugging to me. Unless you are building 500+ cats or rams per village then higher than 2 is a waste of time, 200 rams will build in 1/2 or 1/3 of the time your axes and cavalry will take to build in a normal nuke.

Answers in bold.

DeletedUser

I find the strategies of such dramatic savings of farm space and points to be rather laughable to be honest. The only circumstances where it makes enough difference are circumstances where it doesn't matter anymore. Where's the logic?

Buildings are equally useful in this game as troops. You can't have one without the other. As troops come and go, it's the buildings that stay, with the exception of catapults. It's the buildings that build the troops, so it's a give and take scenario. Those who sacrifice Barracks, Stable or Workshop levels for troop space, aren't using their troops enough. Those who sacrifice mine levels for troop space, aren't spending their resources appropriately. Those who underestimate the usefulness of a hiding place, have never been attacked before.

Allow me to remind those of you who are reading this, of a simple fact. The purpose of a village build is to have a default goal to always aim for in every village, and thus it needs to be as good as possible overall, for every situation.

No hiding place? 80 points, 8 population for 2,000 of each resource, when under attack, that seems like a pretty fair deal to me.
Low Workshop? Well, if you find yourself needing catapults or rams quicker than thirty minutes per unit, then don't come bugging to me.

And I could go on.

The only buildings I would ever find reasonable to demolish or have at a lower level are the Market or the Warehouse. If you're going to go further than that, you best scrap the whole idea of a village build, because it's not what you're looking for.

Troops, Buildings, Market Offers and Hauls equal Resources. Troops, Buildings and Commands equal Time. Resources and Time equal Growth. Troops and Buildings take Farm Space.

Buildings: Add Points + Take Farm Space -> Take Time + Add Resources + Take Farm Space

Focusing solely on one aspect of the game will lead you to struggle, and do less than you could otherwise. Troops aren't everything, and that's a fact. Just like in war, being a fighter will only go so far, the man who can motivate others to fight for him and can also fight, will end up higher than the man who fights on his own because he focused on more than one aspect of war.

Same can be said in village builds. Most only focus on Points and Farm Space, but the best players, you'll find focus on overall Growth. Both focus on troops, but Growth includes more than Points and Farm Space.

Iron mines don't need to be lvl 30 in villages that you're never going to send resources to/from via the market. That takes far too much time to micromanage when you have 250 villages.

It's far easier to run the defensive mass recruitment script and then store all packs available - then you have 250 more pop. and 360 points less per defensive village.

I would never remove iron mines from an offensive village, but when I have ~200 defensive villages, and 160 are never going to be attacked, and they're never going to use that excess iron, I'm sure as hell going to downgrade my iron mines a level or two - because it would take far too much time and effort to manage everything through the markets.

It's all about time management.
If you don't have the time to micromanage, then you can use slightly less efficient methods... some have positive side effects.

Personally, I'd rather spend an hour downgrading my mines 2 levels and get the bonus troops and lower my points than have to deal with spending 2 hours a day getting my iron to the right villages.

For me, it's always about efficiency over time spent.
I don't have all day, you know.

DeletedUser

When it gets to the point of 250 villages, downgrading them all takes more time than finding the villages about to max out of Iron and just sending those away.

DeletedUser

Well how often do you get attacked? You have to admit the level of competition in this game is pathetic.

8 Population isn't much. Even if you have 300 villages, that only equals 2,400 farm space, and at that stage of the game 2,400 farm space makes next to no difference when a player can easily stack a village with 50,000 of each in no time.

Effect is hardly noticeable and cost too great.

Did I forget to mention build times and demolish times are reduced too, making the whole thing a whole lot easier and customizable. Say you wanted to have workshop at 2, and you came under attack. Rebuilding it up to 15 again takes no time at all, and you get your backup defence catapults much faster. This takes focus off of the wall though, hence half the reason level 15 workshop is a safety precaution. Not very cost effective, no, but there's plenty of scenarios when it becomes worth it. Such include when under attack or building a quick mini-nuke to demolish something. Remember it's efficiency considering all possible scenarios, not just the common one of building troops and meeting the 24000/24000 mark which, if you're playing actively and aggressively, you wont encounter much anyway.

Unless you are building 500+ cats or rams per village then higher than 2 is a waste of time, 200 rams will build in 1/2 or 1/3 of the time your axes and cavalry will take to build in a normal nuke.

And what are the chances you'll need the Nuke before it's finished? A round number of 200 rams or whichever is your preference will be a lot more effective to be complete early rather than when you need a Nuke before it's finished and you only have 80 rams.

Just because you can have your ques going on all night, doesn't mean you should. If I can have mine done quicker than that, then I can use them for something else, or use the troops quicker and start the process all over again.

A full nuke is most efficient, but in many cases you can't stick to figures but rather tactics, and a half nuke is better than no nuke when an enemy has support incoming, but a few troops left that you need to clear before you can noble before the support hits.

For me, it's always about efficiency over time spent.
I don't have all day, you know.

That's not efficiency then, that's preference.

Muldie325

Level 2 workshop builds 220 rams in about the same time as you will get 5k axes 2.5k LC

Unless you are suicidal you wont be attacking with less than that when you are past 10 vills or so.

chelsentus

And I could go on.

DC whens your TW book coming out?
And I have to say, You hut the nails right on the head, Can anyone tell me what difference could a few hundred troops make for a village now a days, Most us experienced players usually time attacks so well that these few troops wont help you at all, Unless you fighting noobs, thats another case.

:icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Level 2 workshop builds 220 rams in about the same time as you will get 5k axes 2.5k LC

Unless you are suicidal you wont be attacking with less than that when you are past 10 vills or so.

True but have you considered suddenly having to use your O village for producing defense? Cats have good D rating, and in a tight spot, you might want to keep all your troop producing buildings going. Not to mention the ability of spewing ram fakes more often than 2 per hour..

DeletedUser

Good village build? I'll quote here what I suggested on the questions forum on a similar subject.

Level 25 market place for quickly shipping higher amounts of resources to other villages within range. I'd gladly sacrifice the farm space in exchange for my enemy getting a lot less or none of my resources.

Generally, it's very hard to build a bad village. So long as your mines are maxed and your barracks are at least level 20 and stables 15 then that's fine. One thing I will say though, if you're ever in need of shipping resources and having your wall upgraded quicker either aim for a level25 market or a level 25+ HQ, better off not doing both.

Edit: Market doesn't have to be 25 early world as you are very rarely going to find yourself in excess of any resource, I settle for a level20 market place but after I get my first 10-12 villages I start to upgrade them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mines under 30 is a waste.

well u cant say that 250 extras troops will be much better and besides when you have lvled up timber and clay you can always trade on the higher end and can make up i staunchly believe in clay and timber to be lvl 30 and iron lvl 28

DeletedUser

Im a firm believer in resources all to level 30, especially on a coins world. Even if the village is not producing troops, the resources will be constantly used to produce coins.