W10 POKE Discussion

DeletedUser

nima POKE isn't been re made it's cos i announced my pre made for w57 pokemon themed and all this started

poke
and mine are nothing alike at all

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Jedi, either change the theme of your tribe or I'm afraid it won't succeed at all.
I'm afraid that some people posting in this thread will see to that... 0o

And to be on topic, I liked POKE. I even filled in the 100 question recruitment letter thingy when I had time to kill :icon_razz: It was funny 0o

But of course IBAN was a much much better tribe.

DeletedUser

Well. I read this:

I am supporting the guys who "believed that their name should not be re-used". If POKE isn't being reused at all, then what is the first post of this topic about?

I have no clue. This is a stupid thread to me. It just comes across as POKE members not wanting others to use the same alias theme that they used, when in actual fact the leader has said (when I asked on his thread) that the players aren't necessarily all going to be using themed aliases. The POKE players are just being a bit immature, as far as I can see.

DeletedUser

i said i'd change it but its still going to be pokemon themed

like a name of a pokemon
or a town like (pallet town)

ive changed the name so dont go on about it again

but listen and listen good

my new name is still pokemon themed and please do not ask me to change to again cause i won't
so now it's ended hopefully

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's pokemon themed, end of the story :icon_smile:
Maybe you should've chosen a "Borg" tribe, maybe noone would have had anything against that :lol:

Gargoylenite

So this was essentially a complaint about being long-winded? Ironic...

Anyway, regardless of the prevalence of a poke theme (which, contrary to your statement, I believe has NOT been very widely used, if at all, in this game) the generally dismissive and insulting manner in which people responded to Hellz' initial comment in this thread has, to be blunt, pissed us off.

I wasn't complaining about being long-winded first of all. Second, if you read my post there is a suggestion in it that could easily resolve this. Maybe instead of going on about how we took your name, maybe you should help think of a suggestion and btw..your argument about being it not being used that much is kind of vague man. It is used world wide all the time. You may have had it first on this game..but until you get a patent sadly the rest of the people on this earth will continue to take it sorry :icon_neutral: I agree we should change the name so its not your original name. So flame on if you must, just saying thats my opinion on the matter.

So question for you all who are against this and say how POKE shouldn't be remade. If we aren't using your name, have none of your members, and our timeframes of when we played are different, how are we copying you. I know the theme is the same. Sorry though..pokemon is a pretty common theme in the world. I personally love pokemon, but since you already used the theme I can't be in a tribe themed after it? That makes me sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
So question for you all who are against this and say how POKE shouldn't be remade. If we aren't using your name, have none of your members, and our timeframes of when we played are different, how are we copying you.

Good question, let me answer that.

I know the theme is the same. Sorry though..pokemon is a pretty common theme in the world. I personally love pokemon, but since you already used the theme I can't be in a tribe themed after it?

Ah no wait you've done that yourself already :icon_neutral:

That makes me sad.

Crying_Mudkip_by_NessStar3000.png

Gargoylenite

hm copying a theme isnt copying a tribe..especially when its something as common as pokemon. It would be different if say they chose a specific topic and we took it, but taking one of the worlds most common interests doesn't make us copiers. If it does, we all copied off the creators by using it I mean we didn't make pokemon, neither did the players on w10. The people from nintendo and gamefreak are the ones who should complain but wait they dont care so why should we?

DeletedUser

There is nothing stopping anyone making a tribe with any name. The rules of Tribal Wars do not forbid it. That being said I would like to state why its not really a nice idea to proceed with the idea of a Pokemon theme.

Tribal Wars has long since evolved from being just a online game to being a really strong community of players. Usually a particular form of respect is found between all the players in the community. To maintain that, they rarely step on each others toes and also they maintain their own identity. With the Pokemon themed tribe you are doing exactly the opposite. You are taking something that is precious and sacred to a good number of people of the community and you are desecrating it for them. You might not really care about them. You might not even know a single one of them, but the fact remains that it is hurtful for them. Proceed with your plan as you wish but keep all that in mind.

Plus it can affect you guys in-game as well. Some of the newer players might think you are the original players and look up to you. Some of the other players who hold POKE dear to their hearts might not be able to stand you guys and you can end up being their enemy for no practical reason.

Also please note if tomorrow if someone registers a forum name quite similar to yours (perhaps with a period at the end) and uses your same avatar and signature and starts posting around the forums; would you really find it acceptable? It is totally legal from the game's point of view. But the community will never support it fully.

Also as a final note, there is always a plus point to originality. You get your own identity. For example if you change your name and your tribe becomes legendary in the world you play it stays as your own legend throughout the community no matter how many new worlds open up. Just like W10 POKE is the one and only legendary POKE, you can carve out your own legends which is attributed to your own original tribe.

DeletedUser

This was a funny thread to read, lots of people saying the same shit over and over.

Yes having the tag POKE is disrespectful to the original world 10 POKE (this premade has already changed the tag)

So the discussion is really over, unless you are arguing about it being pokemon themed, which I think as previously mentioned.. well its already copyrighted to the brand Pokemon, so you can't really be arguing about that...

which means the only reason you could be arguing is for the sake of arguing.

I would like to point out although it may be common courtesy to request the use of a name from an older tribe however it is not mandatory, as such no one is within there writes to force anyone else to change the name of there tag (as long as it conforms with all rules)

p.s. world 10 POKE wasn't the first POKE and as such should we having a discussion about how world 10 POKE stole the name and should be slandered and dragged through the gutter?

no, I think not, because it is the leadership and the members that make a tribe, they may be re using a name (which just to make sure you know they have changed already) but the name is not what makes the tribe, everyone knows its not the world 10 POKE so there really could be no possible problem.

- ALex

DeletedUser

This was a funny thread to read, lots of people saying the same shit over and over.

Yes having the tag POKE is disrespectful to the original world 10 POKE (this premade has already changed the tag)

The bit that I find stupidest is that the person who made this thread, made it whilst the tag on the tribe's profile in question was CATCH....

DeletedUser

Its rather hysterical how poor the average human memory is. Link A 6k point lead over the second tribe at 100k points and you expect me to believe that Poke was dominating the rankings:icon_rolleyes:.

That's some nice research you did. Did you also think to check that POKE had a maximum membership of 63 players as an original tribe, and this only changed when the tribe started losing people through inactivity? Compare this to Die., who averaged 90 players, and had the pick of their continent. Of those 63 players, I do quite distinctly remember about half of every page down to the top 60 or so being POKE players. I would call that dominating the rankings.

Unfortunately, the map which I referenced No Longer Exists, so I can't show you exactly what I meant.

Finally, the rankings that you linked to, did you think to check them at all?

1 POKE 102.748 Stayed Same.
2 Die. 94.499 Stayed Same.

given that both tribes were over 40 members, that's the points count of the top 40. Divide that by 40, and you get

1 POKE 2.569 average (over the top 40)
2 Die. 2362 average (over the top 40)

Now, given that the top 40 of a good tribe are usually all quite active, you can safely assume that they were all roughly at that level, which is just below standard points level for an academy, especially seeing as mines were important back them due to mass farming via scripts not having been introduced yet. To back this up, there is This thread, which states that there were only two nobles in the entire world 3 days before the last time those rankings were updated. You know as well as I do mattcurr that the top tribes are almost always neck and neck until nobling gets going properly, which certainly isn't within 3 days of the first nobles appearing.

DeletedUser

Indeed, when this thread was made it already had posts from days before in it. I simply moved all the W10 POKE related posts here from the other thread.

DeletedUser

Well shiiii...
My name is Quilava, which is obviously a Pokemon name. You'know, there's those people still out there who haven't dwelled here for what? (2 - 3?) years keeping a past glory sacred. I'm tempted to start a pokemon tribe just because you guys are acting like tools over an anime majority of us grew up with.

What I gather from reading the last 3 pages is this:
- You's gathered 63(?) talented individual players who were skilled in sole survival. And there location was outside the core? Tough competition out there aye fellas?
- You's had an idea of starting in the shape of a pokeball to go with your theme. You thought it was cool & now glorify yourselves on this fabulous idea that NEVER worked, but you's are bad ass, so it's cool right? It's origional :icon_rolleyes:.

Next will you's be frowning apon players for using pokemon themed accounts just because you were probably the first? We don't want to tarnish your cherished memory that you've dwindled on for so many years of your 'gaming' experience. That no doubt adds to your fabulous resume when applying for tribes.

Please note: I'm not related to this other pokemon tribe, I'm just a general player. But you'know, because I'm NOT an 'origional pokemon :icon_rolleyes:' you probably don't care and still label us.

DeletedUser

Well shiiii...
My name is Quilava, which is obviously a Pokemon name. You'know, there's those people still out there who haven't dwelled here for what? (2 - 3?) years keeping a past glory sacred. I'm tempted to start a pokemon tribe just because you guys are acting like tools over an anime majority of us grew up with.

- You's gathered 63(?) talented individual players who were skilled in sole survival. And there location was outside the core? Tough competition out there aye fellas?
- You's had an idea of starting in the shape of a pokeball to go with your theme. You thought it was cool & now glorify yourselves on this fabulous idea that NEVER worked, but you's are bad ass, so it's cool right? It's origional :icon_rolleyes:.

Next will you's be frowning apon players for using pokemon themed accounts just because you were probably the first? We don't want to tarnish your cherished memory that you've dwindled on for so many years of your 'gaming' experience. That no doubt adds to your fabulous resume when applying for tribes.

Please note: I'm not related to this other pokemon tribe, I'm just a general player. But you'know, because I'm NOT an 'origional pokemon :icon_rolleyes:' you probably don't care and still label us.
A troll.
Kill it!

DeletedUser

Well shiiii...

I feel ya :D

*They changed the name of their tribe to MEW so is there any point in complaining anymore about it?