W11 World Cup Predictions

Wallam

Hey all,

This is just a bit of fun trying to see how people do at predicting the world cup:

Please Predict:

Last 8:
Last 4:
Last 2:
Winner:
Golden Boot:

I wonder how you all will do :)

Heres mine:

Last 8: Argentina, Spain, France, Holland, England, Brazil, Italy, Germany
Last 4: Argentina, Spain, England, Brazil
Last 2: Spain, Brazil
Winner: Brazil
Golden Boot: Messi

Good luck :D

DeletedUser

Last 8: Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France, Holland, Germany, Ivory Coast
Last 4: Spain, France, Brazil, Argentina
Last 2: Spain, Argentina
Winner: Spain
Golden Boot: David Villa

DeletedUser

[spoil]
WK%202010%20hup%20Holland%20hup!%20speelschema%20wk%202010.jpg
[/spoil]
I actually don't keep track of this sport much but I'll watch it if its on and Holland is playing. I didn't even know there was such thing as a golden boot.

On a semi related note, did you see what Japan offered in their 2022 world cup bid? Pretty incredible!

Wallam

The golden boot is awarded to the top scorer (player) in the tournament.

DeletedUser

[spoil]
WK%202010%20hup%20Holland%20hup!%20speelschema%20wk%202010.jpg
[/spoil]
I actually don't keep track of this sport much but I'll watch it if its on and Holland is playing. I didn't even know there was such thing as a golden boot.

On a semi related note, did you see what Japan offered in their 2022 world cup bid? Pretty incredible!

Ouch, we want 2018 or 2022 Word Cup >_>

<_<

I'll watch if Australia is playing.

DeletedUser

France(1A), Mexico(2A)
Argentina(1B), Nigeria(2B)
England(1C), USA(2C)
Germany(1D), Ghana(2D)
Netherlands(1E), Cameroon(2E)
Italy(1F), Paraguay(2F)
Brazil(1G), Portugal(2G)
Spain(1H), Switzerland(2H)

Nigeria def. France
England def. Ghana
Netherlands def Paraguay
Brazil def. Switzerland
Argentina def. Mexico
Germany def. USA
Italy def. Cameroon
Portugal def. Spain

England def. Nigeria
Brazil def. Netherlands
Argentina def. Germany
Portugal def. Italy

England def. Brazil
Argentina def. Portugal

England def. Argentina
Golden Boot: Klose (GER)

DeletedUser

Klose no...he got it last time, I doubt he'll even score this time

DeletedUser

So I was talking with a bunch of soccer players today and they said Chile would be a team to watch this year which is interesting because none of you put it anywhere in your predictions :p

They said Argentina will choke because they're team isn't that good but they have such a reputation to live up to. They also said Netherlands would do very well.

DeletedUser

Heres mine:

Last 8: Argentina, Spain, France, Holland, England, Brazil, Italy, Germany
Last 4: Argentina, Spain, England, Brazil
Last 2: Spain, Brazil
Winner: Brazil
Golden Boot: Messi

DeletedUser

So I was talking with a bunch of soccer players today and they said Chile would be a team to watch this year which is interesting because none of you put it anywhere in your predictions :p

They said Argentina will choke because they're team isn't that good but they have such a reputation to live up to. They also said Netherlands would do very well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chile does well.

Wallam

Chan that was a complete rip off of mine :/

Do you ever have your own opinions?

Klouwe

Last 8: All Blacks, Wallabies, Springboks, France, England, Wales, Ireland & Fiji
Last 4: All Blacks, Springboks, France & Ireland
Last 2: All Blacks vs France
Winner: All Blacks
Golden Try: Habana

We're talking about rugby, right?

Football is for pussies :p

DeletedUser

Chile is a good pick. They are much improved and always play well at altitude. I initially had them moving on (with Spain) in their group but decided I wanted to throw one more upset into the mix, so I picked Switzerland coming through instead. If Chile move on, I will definitely not be surprised. But then they will play Brazil and, despite the familiarity between the two sides, I don't think Brazil loses. Your "soccer" players can't really believe that Chile is a superior side to Brazil.

Netherlands is also a good squad but there a some liabilities that will exposed when they also meet Brazil.

Argentina has the best player in the world, Messi, and a real sense that this Cup could be theirs. The real choke artists are the Spanish. If anyone fails to handle enormous pressure, its them.

DeletedUser

Cydrych, I like you man, but if England win the world cup I will join RASP and start fighting you for sh*ts and giggles.

I think I am fairly safe from that kind of fate.

Wallam

I just dont think Portugal will beat Spain, or Nigeria will beat France :/

DeletedUser

Netherlands is also a good squad but there a some liabilities that will exposed when they also meet Brazil.
Such as Robben being injured :(
He's got just under a week to recover before replacements can no longer be called in. I remember him being a big part of the 2006 Netherlands team.

DeletedUser

Cydrych, I like you man, but if England win the world cup I will join RASP and start fighting you for sh*ts and giggles.

I think I am fairly safe from that kind of fate.

Finally, some competition!!!

DeletedUser

Such as Robben being injured :(
He's got just under a week to recover before replacements can no longer be called in. I remember him being a big part of the 2006 Netherlands team.

@pki: I made my predictions before I knew about the injuries to Arjen Robben and Rio Ferdinand (and Didier Drogba for that matter). I still think England and Netherlands make it to the Brazil game. With the injuries, they are less likely to make it past them though. Anyone fancy a South American final?

@wallam: France barely even made the competition (poor Ireland) and China beat France just last week against the side Domenech is most likely going to use. Nigeria is much better than China. With those facts in mind, it could easily happen. As for Spain/Portugal, see my earlier comments about my confidence in the Spanish side. They'll wilt under the pressure faster than a fat kid at a cake buffet.

Last edited by a moderator: