W29 News Express Issue #3

DeletedUser

Hello W29'ers!!!

And welcome to the THIRD edition of W29 News Express!!

cartoon_newspaper_extra.gif

If you'd like to see the first 2 editions (for old times sake), here they are!

1. http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=143468
2. http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=144884&highlight=W29+Issue+2

Now before we start, I'd like to thank our staff:
1. kristofski for his really good map!
2. Lexiboy for his help in getting interviews/responses
3. The Conquester554 for his help in getting interviews/responses
4. All the people who did interviews and analysis!!

So thanks!
1.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now as we all know, the big story for this week is the war between Grind! and TLA.

So first, let's here some interviews from both sides of the war!!

ROUND 1: DAMAGE VS. SILENTHER!!
image.php

image.php

First up, we have DAMAGE's take on things. Damage, take it away!!

[spoil]
1. What is your IG name?

My IG name is Pimpthemonkey (aka damageboi123), from *TLA*.

2. What is your TW experience?

I am relatively inexperienced. I was one of the first players to join World 1, where I literally dipped my toes in, and learnt the very basic concepts and skills of TW. I, in all honesty, was not a great player; I was simply not committed enough to apply so much time and effort during the period of playing the game. In any case, I recall reaching the 100k mark, before realising I simply did not have the time to continue. In any case, my experience is pretty insubstantial.

I returned with a vengeance to World 29, when I knew I would have time to fully commit to this game. What I have learnt in Tribal Wars, is how any player can become one of the top players in the world, even if one has never the played the game before. Time, common sense, a degree of selfishness, friendliness, and risk-taking, can all contribute to becoming a decent, and with time, a top player. As this world nears it end, I like to think that I know the ins and outs of this game pretty thoroughly, and I have enjoyed every minute with all the people I have got to know.

3. Tell us a bit about your tribe. How did it start? Who founded it? Tribal history?

TLA was founded on the borders of south K52 and North K62, which is in the South western part of the world. It was formed around December time, a little later than other tribes who form the core of this world in the present. It was founded by a certain mbooth, who had been the duke of TLA in World 24, and he had brought the tribe to World 29 to try to repeat his successes. In any case, he left/very inactive due to RL within a couple weeks of founding the tribe, and I stepped up to carry the tribe forward.

Brief Timeline of Significant events (may not be in order, memories are hazy). I will try to add the relevant threads from the past, to relive the memories of old:

- Successful war against DBJ to gain the number 1 spot in K62.

- Successful war with –Emp-, who had been our rivals in the K above, dominating in K52. They were the stronger tribe, and had always been ranked higher than us, with an experienced leader in Mr Rogier. Initially hit hard, yet after a prolonged period, we hit back, rolled with the punches, and came on top. Our first experience of a grand war, and the beginning of our momentum.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=133482

- Merge of LoD into us, which occurred immediately after the defeat of –Emp-, who were the dominant tribe of K53. We had been allies from the beginning, and they looked to merge with us for direction.

- This of course instigated the 2Fast war. Rather naively unsuspecting anything from 2Fast, they struck us hard and fast with no warning, and perhaps it is right to say that many of us feared them; we were midway through a merge, they were an established top 3 tribe, and our support troops and nukes were still returning from the –Emp- war. We took heavy losses at the beginning, and much like the –Emp- war, they had a massive upperhand in the outset. Nevertheless, we fought back hard, and conquered K41, K42 and K43.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=138171

- Defeat of Rapax, conquering K63.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=150136

- Defeat of SF fam, B-W, Troy, taking over the eastern rim and the north eastern rim. Various other smaller tribes conquered.

- Declaration against SPANK/Fuso alliance. Never fully committed due to my unhappiness with DSL leadership.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=148048

- Declaration against DSL, NME and T*UNIT. Huge war that lasted many months. Never an official victory but stats wise TLA dominated.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=162970

- Annihilation of REM.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=193090

- Merge of NSA into TLA, then declaration against GRIND!, a quick turnaround from the TLA - DSL war, enemies to allies.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=198788

- My leave and formation of NN.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=204898
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=205087

- *TLA* reborn is founded and back to war with GRIND!

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=210875
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=213760

This is just the main events, I am pretty sure I have missed out countless details.

4. How do you think your tribe is doing so far in this world?

Very pleased. From an unexpected declaration, we have turned it around and we are fighting hard on all fronts. Stats are looking decent. We have a good established foe in GRIND! Family, and fighting also against Falled and =TFHR=, so we have a lot of ground to cover. This war will be lengthy and very tactical.

5. What was your initial reaction when Grind! put out their declaration of war on the forums?

As you saw on the thread, I was not too pleased. In the end however, this is a game to see who comes out on top, and I respect any decision they make to win this world. I was perhaps a little naive, and they definitely had the upperhand initially; we had no stacks in place, or any Ops plans ready. That night was not a nice one for me ;)

6. How long did it take for your tribe to regroup? How happy are you with your tribe's efforts so far?

Not long at all. Immediate circular and everyone was right into action. I am blessed to be part of such a well-oiled machine, full of top players all capable of doing an excellent job. I of course was still not happy since I hate to be caught off guard, but considering the circumstances, the turnaround was quick and very pleasing 

7. How impressed are you with Grind!'s war efforts?

They made a decent initial hit, and as always they have some great players who cause trouble in the frontline. I think it could be better, but this war has a long way to go. I have been pretty impressed with their efforts so far nevertheless. They will fight to the death, that I know.

8. Looking forward, what do you expect the outcome of the war to be?

I expect a drawn out war, but a win for us next year or so. I am confident in TLA coming out on top. It will be a tough battle whatever happens.

9. Which player do you respect the most? Why?

I am not sure I can answer this question. There are so many players I respect that the list would be interminable. Nevertheless, my closest mates; they all know exactly who they are.

10. Anything you'd like to say to Grind!?

Fight hard, defend strong, and make sure everyone enjoys themselves. I want this war to be fun for all involved.

11. Some Grind! leaders seem to think that TLA was planning to declare war on Grind!, so they decided to jump the gun and declare war first. Is this true?

Well considering there are only two tribes remaining in this world, seems a bit of an obvious answer! In the end, one of us would have declared on the other, but as we had agreed, I would have preferred to start the war when we were both ready to fight. No surprise tactics. We obviously would have declared in the future, but in the short term, that wasn’t really the case.
[/spoil]

Thanks Damage!!
Now let's see what Silenther of Grind! has to say!!!

Silenther, take it away!

[spoil]
1. What is your IG name?

silenther0

This is my first world but I've been here pretty much since the beginning. Not quite, but close. ;)

3. Tell us a bit about your tribe. How did it start? Who founded it? Tribal history?

Well, honestly I am new to the GRIND! family. In fact, I have been at war with them for an extended amount of time of this world, up until the destruction of the original TLA and forming of NN. Both of which are no more, though others will argue that the recently formed *TLA* is the same as its predecessor. Which in some aspects is true and others not in my opinion.

4. How do you think your tribe is doing so far in this world?

Well, overall obviously GRIND! Family has done something right as they are still around while most others have crumbled. Albeit at least one has been "reborn". Thus far my time with this group has shown me that they stick together, are willing to give up their own safety to benefit others, and have a somewhat laid back sort of approach to this game. Not to say they are perfect by any means, there are a few issues but nothing major. Besides, nobody and no tribe is without some fault. ;)

5. You put out Grind!'s war declaration on the forums. Were you surprised for the harsh reception that it gained?

Honestly, yes and no both. I knew it would be criticized regardless of what I said in it or how I went about stating it. There is no pleasing everybody and I had no intention to do so. My intent was only to state what GRIND! wanted to be said in general and get the gates of war opened. Leadership decided that they wanted to move forward with making war, so I posted it in the external forums. Could I have worked on the declaration for days or weeks even and came up with some elaborate story to entertain? Yes, I could have but chose not to do so. I say take it for what it is and just bring the fight In Game instead of whining on the forums to much :)

6. How happy are you with your tribe's efforts so far?

Overall, pretty happy. I believe there are a few things that need to be adjusted to be more effective and efficient with our efforts, however I feel that these are all minor issues. I expect things will be more well organized in the future, and that our Grinders will slowly but surely begin to push the lines of this War to the West.

7. How impressed are you with TLA's war efforts?

Given the fact that they claim they were unprepared and did not expect this war etc... I think they are doing just fine. Obviously, right now they are ahead in captures and they will, I'm sure, claim that they are winning the war of course. The way I see it though, all we have seen thus far in this conflict are small skirmishes testing the waters and searching for weak spots in the lines. Some have been found on both sides and have been capitalized on to some extent. I believe it is to early on to fully make a realistic assessment of who is actually winning though.

I foresee this being a long and drawn out war. No quick end in sight in my opinion, therefore I have no expectations other than a good fight from both sides. Along the way I'm sure some will leave and others will prosper on both sides of the line. I am however a bit biased in believing my side will end up being the victors. As I've said previously, War does not decide who is right, only who is left. I plan on being left ;)

9. Which player do you respect the most? Why?

This is a very tough question to answer.. It's like trying to pick your favorite pet or child honestly lol. I have a great amount of respect for multiple players on both sides of this war for different reasons. As well as many that have had their time on this world and moved on to Real Life or to other worlds. It would be to much to list and give reasons so I will just name a few of my tops.

redfox106, timanator, oskars revenge, Anomandaris Irake, mdsrr, pantherskurt, wongck, gke1969, cybermind, mr jr token, Sweenster04, Kingmyster, Damageboi/PimpTheMonkey, Bloodfest, misilak67, and many more...

So if your name is not on this list.. I don't want to hear it :p

10. When you decided to declare on TLA, were you expecting TLA to do the same thing, only later?

Of course! Without any doubt in my mind whatsoever. There was simply a NAP put into place amongst the powers of the world to do a little clean up and preparation before a big war. Somewhat a mutual understanding of such was all that was in place. We all knew this war was coming and anyone that claims otherwise is either a fool or naive. I know for a fact that as much as almost a week before an official declaration, *TLA* was being instructed to make preparations and move troops to fronts. Again, they will claim they were unprepared and had no idea it was going to happen at all in an attempt to take the moral high ground, which they have obviously been trying to do. Everybody, whether they want to admit it or not, knew this was coming sooner or later.
[/spoil]

Thanks Silenther!! Lots of respect for both sides of the war, I like that!!

Now, it's time for Round 2!! Hmm, will this round be as civil as the one before it?
Let's see... It features SLAYER VS. BIGBERT!!!
image.php

image.php

Bigbert, you're up first this time. What do you have to say?
[spoil]
1. What is your IG name?

My IG name is bigbert24, why i have chosen that name is simple really, and its because in the real world i am known as bigbert by my friends etc, as for the 24, lets just say it was a good year for me, i have been known as other names during my time on TW in other worlds, but what you see here is the real me as this has always been the world i have enjoyed most..

i believe i have now been playing TW for almost 3 years now if not more perhaps, as at times it feels like its been a lifetime, at the start i was quite new to the game as one would expect, although i quickly learned a few simple basic truths/rules about the game and have maintained those beliefs to this day.. i guess i have learned alot from various worlds/players and have more or less took the best of them all to focus them into the one world.. i would'nt say i'm a great or the best player, but i will say i know what i need to do and when to do it, and with every game out there, there is always something new to learn, but in a nut shell and with this being a strategy game, i feel quite confident in how i play the game ..

3. How do you think your tribe is doing so far in this world?

I believe my tribe has done the best out of all the tribes in this world, we have came so far together and we have dealt with so much as a tribe, we have always maintained a solid formation as a tribe and have always looked upon each other for that extra little bit of moral support when times have been hard, and to be quite honest alot of the other tribes out there have only survived this far thanks to GRIND's relationships with them, i would say a few of GRIND's members have had there growth hampered some by those relationships, due to a lack off realistic targets, but issues like that have always been addressed and worked out in the end, but yes there has been problems in GRIND just as there has been in other tribes, but what inspires me about being a member of GRIND is that we actually seek a solution when an issue arises and deal with it as a tribe, and it's as a tribe we function, with a solid leadership at the helm and a great core of members there to assist that leadership i believe GRIND can only get better with the recent additions of its new members, lets face it we have done something right to be here for so long under that very same banner that flew when GRIND was 1st created..

4. Grind's declaration, and your posts, have seem to received a very rough reaction. Did you expect this?

i would be telling lies if i said.. no i did'nt expect that, as i have told several *TLA* members amongst others, my being there with those posts was to awaken some sleeping bears, rattling their cages as such.. what i did'nt expect was for it to turn into a propaganda flame war.. although some of the reactions have been funny, and believe it or not, but not all my posts have been made to draw them out..

5. How happy are you with your tribe's efforts so far?
i would say i'm quite happy, is there room for improvement, ofcourse there is, i believe no war in any TW world can have a 100% tribal effort put into it, as we all have friends out there and in many cases some are in opposing tribes, but what inspires me most about GRINDs performance, is that i know what its members can bring to this war, and i know how much of a resolve GRIND members have to succeed in this game, so i would expect that performance to only get better as time moves on, we are at such an early stage in this war and i would guess most have been testing the ground as such..

6. How impressed are you with TLA's war efforts?
to be quite honest a few players of *TLA* have caught me eye and impressed me although they are somewhat drawing the target scope onto themselves now as a result, as in the terms of a tribe, they have been no better or no worse than GRINDS efforts, and as i more or less said above, it's too early to judge such a conflict at such an early stage..

7. Looking forward, what do you expect the outcome of the war to be?

Hmmmmm.. in my own and personal opinion, i believe the outcome of this war will not be made known for months if not longer, we are slowly bringing this world to the point where only the die-hards will remain, and for now it is a tit for tat war, but what i do know and what i have always seen as the beginning of the end of a war is the ousting and rimming of spies, i find it a low level to sink too, and as upads/christoff etc seen it does create a blackened name for those who engage in that activity.. but as to who will win this war, i strongly believe GRIND has the right combination of dedicated members to see it through and provided we as a tribe maintain our resolve, i believe GRIND will win this war, as this war will determine the winners of world 29 and i for one intend on being in that winning tribe..

8. What player do you respect the most?

tricky one there to answer, there is so many to choose.. but i do and have to give credit where its deserved, so i have to say icklepickle, she has played TW alongside me now for around 2 years in various worlds and roles, and what i respect about her, is her determination and will to succeed, but as i say, there is so many i could choose from, but anyone that knows me, will know i respect all whom i fight alongside, for they are the only reason i am here today..

9. There seems to be a bit of a rivalry going on between you and Slayer on the "most disliked person on W29". What are you thoughts on the matter?

lol.. to be quite honest i find the kiddo to be very amusing, and if i where to call a tree a tree im sure he would find a reason as to why it should be called a bush, but as i have already stated i do actually like him, i'm not quite sure why he wants to be the most disliked person on w29, although i get the impression his inner ego has got a role to play on that with his at times rude and immature remarks, do i wish to be regarded as that, hell no, i believe i have too many friends here to even be considered as the 20th most disliked, although to be quite honest i do enjoy seeing him bite when i make a post regarding it, so if you read this kiddo i and alot of others in world 29 really do like you..
[/spoil]
Haha! Thanks bert!! Slayer, do you have anything to say? Take it away!

Slayer:
[spoil]
1. What is your IG name?
Slayer2292

I have played various worlds but none were serious until this world.

3. How do you think your tribe is doing so far in this world?

Well if you buy all the GRIND hype we are doomed to fail. But in honesty we are exactly where the Core invisioned we would be at this stage of the game.

4. What was your initial reaction when Grind! put out their declaration of war on the forums?

I for one was expecting it. Once GRIND started their scouting and early nuking it was obvious to me that they had jumped the gun. So I personally was not surprised when they followed it with their declaration.

5. How long did it take for your tribe to regroup? How happy are you with your tribe's efforts so far?

It took about a week or so until the deep support started rolling in then things quickly stabilized and I feel that we were able to start hitting back seriously at that time.

Our effort has been amazing. Nearly everyone has stepped up and made a great team effort to stop GRIND's advance and to move to the fronts where they will be able to directly effect GRIND.

6. How impressed are you with Grind!'s war efforts?
Honestly I have been rather disappointed. I still feel that they attacked us without a plan and have yet to actually wrap their heads around the fact that this is a war to the death, and if I get my way with no prisoners either. GRIND's big guns don't seem to be interested in this war yet but I will do my best to provoke them and keep things interesting.

The outcome will be GRIND splittering into various smaller factions. And being hunted by *TLA*.

9. What player do you respect the most?
Wow this is the tuffest question you have asked.

I have to say that it is Sam aka damageboi123. No one that I have not met in real life has ever had more respect then he has.

10. There seems to be a bit of a rivalry going on between you and BigBert on the "most disliked person on W29". What are you thoughts on the matter?

I love it. It keeps the forums alive, If anyone takes Bert seriuosly I would truly be surprised. He is like the court jester. Everyone needs a class clown :p
[/spoil]
We all love you two court jesters!!!

joker-card-snapshot20080504110009s.jpg

So who won round 1: DAMAGE or SILENTHER?
Who won round 2: SLAYER or BIGBERT?
Be sure to voice your opinions on the survey!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, we have for us some basic war stats between Grind! and *TLA*:

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: GRIND!
Side 2:
Tribes: *TLA*

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers:

Side 1: 25,226
Side 2: 6,637
Difference: 18,589

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 253
Side 2: 417
Difference: 164

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 226,101,609
Side 2: 63,249,020
Difference: 162,852,589

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 2,448,362
Side 2: 4,055,717
Difference: 1,607,355

chart

[/spoil]

And here's some more war stats with runners included:

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: GRIND!, BUMP!
Side 2:
Players: 1sburden, dark14444, ZhieF, kurtgta11

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers:

Side 1: 32,301
Side 2: 8,233
Difference: 24,068

chart

Side 1: 468
Side 2: 700
Difference: 232

chart

Side 1: 281,501,941
Side 2: 76,704,749
Difference: 204,797,192

chart

Side 1: 4,457,778
Side 2: 6,799,155
Difference: 2,341,377

chart

[/spoil]

And also some bi-weekly stats!

First 2 weeks: (Sept 7-21)
[spoil]
Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: 07/09/2010 00:00:00 to 21/09/2010 20:07:12

Total conquers:

Side 1: 1,012
Side 2: 1,240
Difference: 228

chart

Side 1: 286
Side 2: 270
Difference: 16

chart

Side 1: 9,519,295
Side 2: 11,572,818
Difference: 2,053,523

chart

Side 1: 2,721,690
Side 2: 2,603,919
Difference: 117,771

chart

[/spoil]
Hmmm, looks like Grind! came out narrowly on top here!

And second two weeks:
[spoil]
Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: 21/09/2010 00:00:00 to 05/10/2010 20:07:12

Total conquers:

Side 1: 972
Side 2: 1,076
Difference: 104

chart

Side 1: 131
Side 2: 283
Difference: 152

chart

Side 1: 9,144,193
Side 2: 10,279,288
Difference: 1,135,095

chart

Side 1: 1,244,979
Side 2: 2,740,803
Difference: 1,495,824

chart

[/spoil]
TLA has been dominant!!

But do the stats really matter? YOU be the judge! Make sure your voice is heard on the SURVEY!!!

Now let's bring you a really pretty war map, made especially for you by kristofski!!
219xojp.jpg

Wow, very pretty!
It looks like, as Kris once said, the pepsi version of the ying and yang. Which side will ultimately take over?? Red or Blue?? YOU BE THE JUDGE!!! Make your voice heard on the SURVEY!!

6a00d83495e9d569e2011278f8f0e228a4-800wi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now let's bring you to some un-biased war analysis.

First up, we have the universally respected Jvincent!!
J, what do you have to say? (Turns out, plenty!!)

Read his interesting take below:
[spoil]
Hi Brit, Iwould be happy to do so andwill try my best to be as unbiased as possible. I may struggle containing myself to 10 sentences, but I can give it a go. I think I will still be slightly biased, albeit less so then most I would have thought.

I am unsure if you are looking to my beliefs as to why the things that happened did, or just in general how the war is going, so I will answer both and let you take what you want of it.

My Understanding of how we got to where we are in W29 with regards to the most recent events is, in my opinion, a fairly easy analysis; When Damageboi123 went away, the timing was poor where a number of the most respected and vocal TLA members were in the process of trying to talk Damage into co-Duking NN. He had to go away on business suddenly and the few directional members decided to make his mind up for him. Most other members, upon seeing this, went along for the ride with those they trusted and respected most. When the beautiful Vallhalla was not quite so easy as thought without their most respected leader, NN began to fall apart.

The night Damageboi123 came back to TW and gave a rebirth to TLA, ALL past TLA members and many members from other major tribes came flocking in to once again, and for the first time, serve under who we all thought (and for the most part still do think) is the best leader to grace this world. This redevelopment of the new TLA took approximately 3 days to get it to a form similar to that how it is today (bar a few alterations and additions).

Now, you may be wondering, how does any of this count as an analysis of the current Grind! / *TLA* war? Well it has everything to do with it. Not only were TLA and Grind the two largest super-powers left and the only 2 tribes to be in a position to make a huge difference to the world, but in my opinion, the key was held in DBD. Everyone knew they would be most likely to join with Grind! to battle TLA, but until they did join Grind! war was at least 1 step away. A gentleman's agreement had been struck with the leadership of Grind and TLA to give 3 days notice of a war declaration, and to have a NAP with firm borders. Well as soon as DBD joined Grind the Mexican standoff was over and whilst no declaration was made, you could see that a couple of members were just too keen and started launching at random players. Up until about an hour before the declaration, the very person who declared was still defending the attacks in the world forum and claiming them to be mistakes. Well,the clock struck 23:00 and the not so well thought out declaration, which seemed to be written in a rush landed and with that 100's of nukes and fakes started being launched. It seemed to be targetted mainly at K54, K63, and K64 on a couple specific members, outside of the usual partially inactive's.

*TLA*, being the war hardened tribe that it is, quickly moved into action, mapping out the direction of the attacks and deciding on the fronts to focus quick support on. For the first few days, *TLA* was on the back foot trying to ensure it kept the frontline troops and villages for her counter-strike. The stats showed that Grind! was up on war caps for approximately the first week, by about 10%. By the time TLA had prepared the counterattack and launched, Grind! suddenly found itself on the back foot. It has remained that way since with a massive near double war caps for TLA.

In my opinion, TLA are advancing in this war at a greater rate then Grind! due to it widespread participation, and I feel perhaps Grind! are preparing themselves for their second round with an emphasis on a better planned assault to re-take the grounds they have lost thus far.

The key members in this war to date have been

Grind!
- Sweenster - Who has definitely been the strongest frontline attacker within Grind! most other have only gone in half way, or not participated at all, whilst he has seemingly been happy to use a majority of his fleet.

- G-unit - Seemingly all Offence, has been a very aggressive player at nuking and nobling, but when retaliated against, has struggled to defend.

Timinator - Was targetted and seemed to have gone inactive for a brief period as he stopped defending attacks. He has since returned or retaliated in other K's from where he was hit the hardest.

In General - Many of the ex-DBD members were hit hrdest in the initial TLA strike and as a result a number of them have seemingly gone inactive.

TLA:

Bloodfest - Was hit the hardest and for the longest easily. Certainly the wrong guy to do that to unsuccessfully. I understand why though, as Bloodfest has been the poster boy for TLA for well over a year as being amongst the best TLA has to offer, which he is. Upon returning to his account,he has taken back all villas taken from him, and another 50% in compensation.

Mikey9Points - The self proclaimed ODA king himself cleared one hell of a lot of troops with his carpet bombs and has now got himself a frontline village from which he can launch nobles in to K54 and K64. He had to dance back and forth with Sweenster to takethe village, but still holds it and will be expanding quickly.

jvincent - I don't know if you can critique yourself, but I will give it a go. Not targeted nearly as much as Bloodfest, but targeted nonetheless with a few hundred nukes and fakes coming in from the , minute the war was declared. jvincent quickly responded and was able to defend nearly all attacks completely, leaving no holes, and in my opinion, it is due to this that he quickly stopped being a core target. He quickly moved the North/Western K54 border single handedly via Timinator, and gained retribution from G-unit who was sporadically nuking his K63 villages.

All in all, this war will have 1 of 2 outcomes in my opinion:

1. The pressure is turned up and kept on, and the members who wish not to be in a war turn on their leadership and Grind! fold, leaving *TLA* victorious.

2. A very long battle, goes on for years yet and inactivity, in the end, decides the outcome.
[/spoil]

Wow, that's an eyeful!! But it's all VERY good stuff. So take your time and read it!!

Also, we have our beloved HandofGod!!
Hand, take it away:

[spoil]
Well, first off I must mention that I am definitely pleased by the war. The forums were dying, people seemed bored, and as far as the map goes nothing was changing apart from regime changes. To be quite honest I think that if people were thinking of quitting this would be a great time (if there was no war).

However, I know that this war was definitely being planned. From my experience I bet that each tribe was telling its members to rebuild, get their nukes together, get your defenses ready. However, the timing of which each started may vary. Grind! seemed to be caught off guard. I like to think that they were in the process of rebuilding and weren't quite done yet because if they weren't rebuilding... well... then they deserve to lose. A tribe should always be ready for a war, and if they aren't then building towards that. It seemed very obvious that the two biggest tribes would fight, if you didn't see it coming then you don't belong on top.

TLA seems to have an advantage, whether or not this lasts has yet to be proven. Grind! could easily fight back, but in my personal opinion TLA holds the better core players who are on the front lines. I've fought the K46, K45, K56, and K55 players and they are a VERY tight group. I think that the northern part of Grind! will be beaten back pretty far, whereas TLA might have trouble near the ex-FUSION, ex-SPANK, ex-NSA area (I don't know the continents). Grind! seems to have always done well down there and I think they will see more of that. The middle of the world is up for grabs.
[/spoil]

Thanks Hand!! Your insight is always valuable!

Next, let's bring you down to the WAR FRONT.
Here's two front lines players (who prefer to remain anonymous- so you'll have to guess who!), who were willing to share how things are going:

First up, a player from Grind!:
[spoil]
What this world NEEDED was a global war. So it's really fun. There's been a lot of incomings, but we can deal with them. After all, we are GRIND!
[/spoil]
Thanks, very succint!

And another player from TLA!!
[spoil]
We are going to win. This may sound big-headed but we have a track record of never losing a war - and it's amazing the amount of effort the players in this tribe put in. When a war target or op is announced then I usually feel sorry for them. Even if you were to select 5 or 6 players at random and question their input to the war you would be astounded. I would love to see the number incomings on one of our war targets. :p

To put it simply - I'm glad that I'm with TLA because it is easily the best group of players I have worked with in TW.

I know that this war is going to be a long one - I would be a fool to believe otherwise. I just can't see GRIND! making any headway against us - and as the front moves further into their territory I can definitely see more and more players quitting due to pressing RL issues and going barb.

If at all possible can you keep my name out of any News you post - I prefer to be a lurker
[/spoil]
Hmm, two very confident tribes going head to head!! Who will ultimately win? YOU BE THE JUDGE! Make your voice heard in the SURVEY!!!

judge.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, before we get to our long anticipated SURVEY, we're going to go to our "FUNNIES" section!! This week, we sent out a random word to random players, asking them to write down the first thing that came to our mind!!

This week's word was....
LADY GAGA!!

MTV-VMA-2010-Live-Performances-Pictures-6.jpg

Here are the responses that we got: (anonymous, no particular order)
[spoil]
-P-P-P-Poker Face (3 times)
-Not a Lady, but definitely a Man
-Can't read my, Can't read my
-She's probably Bigbert in disguise
-Cool! (x5)
-Love her music (x4)
-Weird (x8)
-Who??
-Just Dance!!
-Are you Lady Gaga?
-Man (x4)
-Amazing singer!!!
-I luv her!!! (x5)
[/spoil]

And one person sent me this very very funny link, so I lot I'd share it with y'all:
http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/pages-for-twitter/nbsp-nbsp-1.html
Scroll down a bit to find out what was said about Gaga!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally, our Long-anticipated...
*DRUM ROLL*
W29 Survey!!! (#5)

Please take a moment to fill this out. Thanks!
Here's the link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/380402/W29-Survey-5

RESULTS:
http://appv3.sgizmo.com/reportsview/?key=35080-397501-4f199a6f31fe63b005c0de7cd16f5d82
I will update as they come in!! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading everybody!!!

NOTE: Some interviews were not used, b/c there was a surplus of responses this time. If your response wasn't used this time, then it will be used in the next issue!

NOTE: Because there were only 3 poetry responses, that will be moved to a future newspaper issue.

Thanks everybody!!!
<3
W29 Newspaper staff

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser62494

Very good work britt. Just a bit amused that all of GRIND's runners were conveniently left out of the stats.

DeletedUser

Hi Slayer-
OOPS sorry about that!

Could you list the runners for me? I'll fix the stats.

Brit

DeletedUser

Really enjoyed the read Brit,well done indeed an a very well done newsletter.Supern in fact.)))))

DeletedUser

I enjoyed it, only have a few arguments with Jvincents post. Namely the part where he says that Bloodfest has taken back all the villages he lost... I know that to not be true for a fact ;) Otherwise a good read.

DeletedUser87372

SOrry about my inaccuracy in my analysis. I did no research into it and purely used my own opinions. From stats it looked like he had, but in fact he took back what he wanted to take back and then took more from the areas he wanted to take from, so the specific villages that were once owned by him at the time of writing the response had not all been nobled back, he was simply in the positive for war caps versus losses.

DeletedUser79621

For some bizarre reason the spoilers won't open for me >.< I've tried on 2 computers now and still nothing...

All I get to see is my map =]

DeletedUser

SOrry about my inaccuracy in my analysis. I did no research into it and purely used my own opinions. From stats it looked like he had, but in fact he took back what he wanted to take back and then took more from the areas he wanted to take from, so the specific villages that were once owned by him at the time of writing the response had not all been nobled back, he was simply in the positive for war caps versus losses.

I just posted my opinion as well.

I find it to be completely irrelevant for me to post with stats infused with it. Basically, anyone can look up the stats and say something.

For me to truly give my opinion I must give it without looking too closely into the stats.

Maybe Grind! is nobling a lot of villages up north, but by the way I see it the North of TLA will dominate eventually.

See my point? Kinda hard to explain.

DeletedUser79621

I posted that, then refreshed it, AGAIN, and it worked, I read it all.

Very interesting reading, thank you very much for this Brit and those whose opinions were posted.

And thank you kristofski for the beautiful map ^_^

DeletedUser

Thanks guys :)

I've posted the results to the survey... I'll update the results as they come in.

Brit

DeletedUser

I tried to view the results...but it says I have to make an account? Is that right?

DeletedUser

Ahh, awesome read :D Must have more, I shall become addicted to this I can tell.

lords of the emos

Great read - loved it.

Please do make a new one soon :D

DeletedUser

I enjoyed it, only have a few arguments with Jvincents post. Namely the part where he says that Bloodfest has taken back all the villages he lost... I know that to not be true for a fact ;) Otherwise a good read.

This is true but I am in the process there of my friend, as in see you soon on the battlefield. For now as said I have found the weak lines to get closer and taken those while waiting my time to strike. The Op on me hurt I do admit that especially hitting me the day there of me leaving but I knew what to lose and what not too as I always do. I have to admit those were the first taken from me and kept for more than a day in all worlds I have played so well done.

As a true warrior as I am I will shake the hit off and press hard into better strategic positioning to strike your heart as all players here in TLA would do, you are good silenthro I have to admit that but you are only one of a few while so many here are good down to the smallest village holding member in TLA.

I do hope that sweenster and mr jr token do not quit but stay until last village taken since I have seen the past, so good luck my friend you truly are going to need it.

lords of the emos

I liked this idea - any chance of raising bwcw40 from the dead and getting it to do another?

Last edited: