"W31 Blog"

DeletedUser74857

we aren't stupid. We know that ebony actually posting a blog had to be a joke ;)

DeletedUser

Hello Guys & girls,

I am the World 38 Blogger, I have been show this by another blog member. I must say how I find you treat your blogger Disgusting. Being a Blogger is not an easy job, half the time its a thankless job. Remember, we are doing this for you guys & girls enjoyment.

Now I dont know ebony all that well unfortunately, but everyone here who is ripping into her about every little thing let me ask you two honest questions.

1.) Have you ever applied to be the blogger?
2.) Have you ever blogged for a world.

There are no tools out there (except TW Stats to give War Stats) to help us write our blogs, so most of us have to put aside 1 - 2 hours a week to design Maps, Write interviews, Get the questions, Format the blog, Write short summary's on everything.

As I said I am a blogger for World 38 and my Photoshop/Gimp skills are beginner at best, so I have to set three to four hours to do maps.

As I said, I am not 100% sure about Ebony she may be better at graphics then I am.

Remember, He without sin shall cast the first stone. and I dont believe any of you have ever applied to be the blogger for this world.

If you have an issue with anyone on the blog team you should contact Jehosophat. Our Lovely head Blogger.. If you have an issue with anything with what I have written, you can Write me a message or even contact Jehosophat once again.

Remember, she is a friend of mine in the forums.

Much Love,

Kris

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What Kriss said. Remember that you have another blogger active on this world, and I do stick up for my fellow bloggers wherever I see it necessary. You've already been warned about anti-Ebony posting anyway.

Anti ebony post wont be allowed. Continue with them and it will result in infractions.

DeletedUser80269

i think the last serious blog to come out was when she announced that FREE was going to declare on RIE... sheesh

DeletedUser

If you have a problem with the blogger, as we have stated ad nauseum in this thread, contact jehosophat. If you can give valid points as to why ebony isn't fulfilling her role are blogger, and you feel you can do a better job or have someone willing to take up the post and do a better job, feel free to offer that alternative to Jehosophat. We have been fairly lenient regarding this, but from this post forth anyone who feels it necessary to "make a joke" or comment about how bad a blogger ebony is will receive an infraction for their troubles. At least three different people have said exactly which channel to use to complain about a blogger, if you can't follow simple instructions then you are asking for an infraction.

DeletedUser79686

ermm...i dont know the blogging rules. who can blog here or there or how many are allowed per world etc etc etc.
Is there any other current blogger that can fill in til she is able to do it again? someone already in your blog list of bloggers.....can the senior blogger do it??

the last one that was put out was in February. In 10 more days it will be 2 months...of nothing.

and to me this don't count.
Newest blog
http://blog.tribalwars.net/index.php...-and-bad-news/

~sigh
i for one read whats put here as im not in a tribe and its a way for me to know a little
bit about what is going on with other tribes and the world in general.
and i would hope the position isn't being held for the title of it all, The position is a volunteer Duty to blog for this world...:icon_neutral:

if there is R/L issues. please have the Senior blogger do it, or have someone fill in til she gets back. please.

P.S.
this isn't being Anti-Anyone.

my comments/questions/requests are fair and simple.

Thanks
QG

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As Kriss said, blogs take time. Me, I spend several hours on mine. Several as in up to five or six or sometimes even seven. I have to research, do interviews, chase people around to get statements from them, write, make maps (particularly when the auto-updating ones are dead >.<), make stats, bug Morthy for the hexadecimal color codes from TWstats (and he's really scary when he's busy...), make other graphics... If we want to do anything special or fancy, it takes even longer. And formatting! Don't even get me started on how much of a drag it is to deal with that. Because of working on my last blog, I ended up getting two hours of sleep. Oh, and did I mention that I try to have a life outside of TW? I'm the head programmer for a robot that some friends are building for a competition. I take multiple AP classes. I'm on spring break right now, but I have math class anyway because I take it outside of school, and I have a huge math test this week, and I have class in half an hour but I haven't finished my homework.

In other words, no, it's not likely that another blogger would have the time to fill in. Even if they could, it would be a sub-par blog because they wouldn't know the world well. I've been here for about 2 months now, and I still don't know the world myself.

In other words, if you want someone to be blogging this world until Ebony is able to take it up again, it's going to have to be someone who volunteers from this world.

Edit: Petn, I <3 you.

DeletedUser80269

As Kriss said, blogs take time. Me, I spend several hours on mine. Several as in up to five or six or sometimes even seven. I have to research, do interviews, chase people around to get statements from them, write, make maps (particularly when the auto-updating ones are dead >.<), make stats, bug Morthy for the hexadecimal color codes from TWstats (and he's really scary when he's busy...), make other graphics... If we want to do anything special or fancy, it takes even longer. And formatting! Don't even get me started on how much of a drag it is to deal with that. Because of working on my last blog, I ended up getting two hours of sleep. Oh, and did I mention that I try to have a life outside of TW? I'm the head programmer for a robot that some friends are building for a competition. I take multiple AP classes. I'm on spring break right now, but I have math class anyway because I take it outside of school, and I have a huge math test this week, and I have class in half an hour but I haven't finished my homework.

In other words, no, it's not likely that another blogger would have the time to fill in. Even if they could, it would be a sub-par blog because they wouldn't know the world well. I've been here for about 2 months now, and I still don't know the world myself.

In other words, if you want someone to be blogging this world until Ebony is able to take it up again, it's going to have to be someone who volunteers from this world.

see im not saying you arent a great blogger, you can tell just by the way you talk about it that you take great pride in what you do and you put forth the effort to do it well... i think i speak for most of W31 when i say that it seems like Ebony signed up for the title rather then to actually be a blogger.. if they dont blog for a certain amount of time (and it has to be a legit blog) then they should lose the job because obviously they arent blogging... i mean i could say i want to be a blogger, get the colorful lettering and then do nothing but i would keep the title? that just doesnt seem right to me

Pasta Monkey

see im not saying you arent a great blogger, you can tell just by the way you talk about it that you take great pride in what you do and you put forth the effort to do it well... i think i speak for most of W31 when i say that it seems like Ebony signed up for the title rather then to actually be a blogger.. if they dont blog for a certain amount of time (and it has to be a legit blog) then they should lose the job because obviously they arent blogging... i mean i could say i want to be a blogger, get the colorful lettering and then do nothing but i would keep the title? that just doesnt seem right to me

^this

I'd blog but I'm too hated and i'm not sure I couldn't be biased.

garyleming

Gary i think you would be a good blogger!

Im not as connected around the world anymore :icon_wink:

I used to know people in HELL!..RIE..hell even Vendetta back in the day. But a lot of those friends have gone sadly. Im sure theres plenty going on that ive never even thought about or knew about. So my investigating skills would surely come up short. A blogger should be someone who has a great knowledge of the world he or she plays, not just a basic one, and one who knows where to go for answers and information that can be creditable, unbiased, and sometimes even secretively revealed.

That being said, like Druid mentioned, blogs take a lot of time.. and the blogger would have to have hours at a time to spend on it. So we're looking at someone who needs to be connected..knowledgeable.. and also has some time on there hands.

any thoughts anyone?

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Or y'all could just not worry about it... Before I started blogging, w42 went over 6 months without a blogger. It took a month or two after our blogger stopped writing for him to finally lose his title and then for us to assess that another player in our world who was also a blogger really wouldn't be writing for our world.

Yes, I guess I did gripe slightly about the lack of a blogger. Then I finally realized that if I wanted a blogger for our world, I'd just have to do it myself. So I did, and problem solved.

DeletedUser79686

Why so serious? http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=223814

well maybe zero would consider the blog position. he did well on the thread above.

and pasta moneky if u can do it, apply. Lordy is on a lot, maybe he will do it. i would like to see a adult take the position.

lovely rant.:lol: In other words, i don't care who does the blog. :icon_rolleyes: don't know why you felt compelled to tell us all this. maybe because some where mis-lead. I never said or thought it wasn't time consuming, nor did i doubt there wasn't a lot to it. but the fact remains there hasn't been a blog put out in some time. so anyone that wants to do the blog and has time to put into it should apply. end of story.

DruidEarth

DeletedUser83060

I stopped reading the blog after the second or third issue, so the whole debate about the blogger blogging has not changed at all.

To Queen: NEVER...

If somebody doesnt know what is going on in the world at this point in the game, then I pity the fool.

In conclusion, who cares.