W51 New Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I like you Googly, but was this really needed? =/

It wasn't necessarily needed as such, but I feel it is very important that a competent writer should be taking over from what Boba started. I would be very happy if it was say Notoriety as he would do a fantastic job; I just would like to get some enthusiasm in to the role so that more people who are good writers are applying for the role as some of the current blogs are a little bit dull to read, in my opinion.

What happened to your w39 newspaper? It seemed like it didn't last very long. Maybe I am thinking of somebody else.

I did 4 issues and then got a forum ban so couldn't continue.

If my PMs with you are anything to go by, please don't apply...

PMs are for private conversations. I was merely taking the micky a tad :lol:

This guy said everything I was about to say. Posting this thread shows why you shouldn't get the position, at least in my opinion.

This thread isn't against the forum rules as I have already checked with our forum moderator. It also isn't part of my application. It is merely getting some support for myself if I do end up becoming the blogger, or for whoever does end up taking over from Boba. I have already stated that so long as it is a good, competent writer who is writing the blog for this world, I am very happy for them :)

As such, this thread isn't really a reason not to get the position, though obviously you are welcome to have your own opinion :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think Googles would make a fine blogger. (Just don't spam up mah forums) -.-

DeletedUser

cant spell taking, BRING BOBA BACK!!!

I corrected it :)
I don't proof-read what I post on the forums unless it is an actual PnP. I am generally fairly adept at spelling correctly - plus I would write it all on Word and spell-check anyway haha

Last edited by a moderator:

twenty-five

This thread isn't against the forum rules as I have already checked with our forum moderator. It also isn't part of my application. It is merely getting some support for myself if I do end up becoming the blogger, or for whoever does end up taking over from Boba. I have already stated that so long as it is a good, competent writer who is writing the blog for this world, I am very happy for them :)

As such, this thread isn't really a reason not to get the position, though obviously you are welcome to have your own opinion :)

You can get support after you become a blogger, if you do. This was an attempt to get support to become a blogger, otherwise you wouldn't have made it before you possibly were made it, hell you even said it yourself so don't lie.

As we all have seen, Boba Bounty has sadly stepped down from his role as the blogger of W51. Which leaves the spot open for another to take his place.

As an ex-newspaper reporter (of a newspaper which was widely popular) on W39, and having been asked to write them for several other worlds since, I have applied for the position. If anybody would like to give me support in the matter, please feel free to add below.

Thank you all.

Googly.

This shows you contradicted yourself in this thread, suggests you wouldn't make a very good blogger either. The fact you feel the need to try and garner support suggests to me that you think the rest of your application was below par, thus you need a little extra from somewhere (this thread) to make up for it. Posting how you have applied and seeing you have support may deter other people from applying, which it already has done - for example Notoriety*. You are attempting to pressurise the deciding person as well, if they see this thread, will they be willing to go against people who support you? I doubt it, also let's not forget most threads are decided by the first response. A negative first post leads to a negative thread, first post was positive, everyone else will therefore support you due to the way in which the forum acts. Like sheep.

Internal Server Error

I'd just like to say I agree with farooq. Blogging isn't a popularity contest. Just because you get a very minute group supporting you doesn't mean you'll have any extra chance in getting the position. It's just like signing petitions to get rid of mods, in the end it does nothing, and theres a possibility you'll annoy someone. So, kudos on your ego-thread, but it would've been better if you just titled it "Feed my ego" rather than masquerading around pretending its some sort of important element of becoming a blogger.

DeletedUser

This was an attempt to get support to become a blogger, otherwise you wouldn't have made it before you possibly were made it, hell you even said it yourself so don't lie.

This shows you contradicted yourself in this thread, suggests you wouldn't make a very good blogger either.

Actually, if you read what I said, there is no contradiction:

If anybody would like to give me support in the matter, please feel free to add below.

It is merely getting some support for myself

And no lieing. You are merely trying to manipulate the way I phrased the sentences in order to try and make it look like I am contradicting myself. If you don't wish to support me, as I understand you probably don't, then that's fine. But leave the bullshit out of this thread please :)

twenty-five

It is merely getting some support for myself if I do end up becoming the blogger

I have applied for the position. If anybody would like to give me support in the matter, please feel free to add below.

One is if you get it, one is I've applied would you like to support me for applying. That isn't manipulating, that's simple reading. You've attempted to manipulate it by taking the second one out of context.

Btw if you don't want me posting "bull shit" in your thread, which it evidently isn't, then you shouldn't have created a thread which amounts to a discussion on you applying. These threads don't just work for support. I also like the way you ignored half the post.

DeletedUser

One is if you get it, one is I've applied would you like to support me for applying. That isn't manipulating, that's simple reading. You've attempted to manipulate it by taking the second one out of context.

Btw if you don't want me posting "bull shit" in your thread, which it evidently isn't, then you shouldn't have created a thread which amounts to a discussion on you applying. These threads don't just work for support. I also like the way you ignored half the post.

I simply responded to what I felt dignified a response. The rest to me, through simple reading, was trolling, as you evidently ignored what I had said elsewhere in order to troll me.
Ok, let's take the whole quotes:

1.. If anybody would like to give me support in the matter, please feel free to add below.
2.. It also isn't part of my application. It is merely getting some support for myself if I do end up becoming the blogger, or for whoever does end up taking over from Boba

That is the complete context. Read the last bit "or for whoever does end up taking over from Boba".
"Support in the matter" is rather vague, granted - I gave you the opportunity there to jump in and use it to try and flame me, apologies for that. I can edit it to make it less vague if you would prefer? What I meant was the big I bolded in the second line. Please stop flaming?

Thanks, Googly.

DeletedUser71572

I think he's just jealous coz people like you googly :icon_redface:

Shusaku Chiba

Poor Boba, I can't help but feel a little guilty. :icon_redface:

A nice guy but I don't think keeping a blog was quite his thing - maybe he didn't have enough time or motivation to do it.

Googly seems like a good bet to me.

DeletedUser91937

thumbsUp.jpg

Nice one Googly.

DeletedUser91799

I corrected it :)
I don't proof-read what I post on the forums unless it is an actual PnP. I am generally fairly adept at spelling correctly - plus I would write it all on Word and spell-check anyway haha

gogo.... o_O big words!

Status
Not open for further replies.