W82 vs W83

Deleted User - 10618707

You're right in theory, but when the current top players are avoiding a lot of the potential to screw up by merging/internalling a not-insignificant percentage of their villages in comparison to hauls, one has to wonder, are there less screw ups on no hauls so that whilst they hold more weight, there is a low enough chance of them that their difference is insignificant?

Risk/reward certainly is more interesting in no hauls, but only during the start-up to early mid-game phases, and given how no haul start up seems to be going, it's certainly possible to argue that is nullified.

I agree that its very likely, almost certain that most top players on no hauls, avoiding the aforementioned screw up by internalling etc. However the same could be said about players on a hauls world, thus meaning that they no longer just have farming as a safeguard to screw ups...but also free villages. Double the protection against being rimmed :/

Though in my experience, and yours, it seems apparent that internals are predominant on haul worlds...

Said all this to say, i don't think the difference in internals between the two world types is that huge to render the difference as negligible.

While their are arguments for and against, i still think no hauls are more interesting, and for me engages more skill rather than just simply holding a c button (spacebar) all day, and instantly rank 1.

DeletedUser

No-Hauls > Every other world.

You will realize it when after 7-8 years you will notice what did this game do for you :D all you did was waste time in it and nothing good happened :) No hauls save time + effort

DeletedUser

If you want to keep your sanity you play no hauls, that is correct.

Also, you do see more of the "top" players on no hauls as opposed to farming worlds. Not saying that farming worlds players aren't as good. I just feel like, and I believe this was stated already, that no hauls is a bit more strategic, as you can't make as many mistakes if you plan on dominating. Early world especially. Not to say you still can't come back, but its just a different ball game in no hauls.

But if you really wanna hold down the A or B key for 10+ hours a day (lol @ farming with 1k+ villages) be my guest.

DeletedUser118341

Risk is completely nullified if you take internals early on.

Getting to 100 villages with no internals rank 1 is definately harder on no-hauls than in is on hauls, I'll give you that.

The skill is more prominent on no-hauls. But all this internalling makes me sick honestly. If people didn't do it, then for sure no-hauls > hauls. But internalling ruins it quite a bit for me.

Imagine having 1 village, getting backtimed to say 100ms. If you mess up normally, you would be screwed right. But if you have 1/2/3/4/5 internals/freebies lined up. Then it honestly doesn't matter in the slightest. Where is the fun if there is no risk?

No-hauls > Hauls on average I agree(quality of player wise). But I find more internals early game on no-hauls, especially this one(although I have taken a break for 2 years, so my knowledge probably isn't massive for recent worlds).

I like no hauls, definitely prefer it once you have say 20 villages or so(mainly because farming out of more than 1 village is tedious). But early game is ruined by internals on all world, and this world seems quite bad for it.

Mithrae

Risk is completely nullified if you take internals early on. . . .

I like no hauls, definitely prefer it once you have say 20 villages or so(mainly because farming out of more than 1 village is tedious). But early game is ruined by internals on all world, and this world seems quite bad for it.

Amen to that. Honestly cannot understand why it's illegal to have an account for sending resources to someone, but an account to give someone a village or three is just fine. Genuine merging of accounts which had been properly played is one thing, but there should be a minimum number of villages required - twenty, perhaps - before a nobled player is permitted to join the account of their nobler or anyone in the nobler's tribe. Even that would leave loopholes (eg. ally/family tribes merging accounts between each other) which may or not be closeable, but it'd still be damn sight better than how things stand.

Or potentially, they could add "no co-playing" as a setting on some no-hauls worlds :lol:

Last edited:

Deleted User - 10618707

Risk is completely nullified if you take internals early on.

Getting to 100 villages with no internals rank 1 is definately harder on no-hauls than in is on hauls, I'll give you that.

The skill is more prominent on no-hauls. But all this internalling makes me sick honestly. If people didn't do it, then for sure no-hauls > hauls. But internalling ruins it quite a bit for me.

Imagine having 1 village, getting backtimed to say 100ms. If you mess up normally, you would be screwed right. But if you have 1/2/3/4/5 internals/freebies lined up. Then it honestly doesn't matter in the slightest. Where is the fun if there is no risk?

No-hauls > Hauls on average I agree(quality of player wise). But I find more internals early game on no-hauls, especially this one(although I have taken a break for 2 years, so my knowledge probably isn't massive for recent worlds).

I think you severely underestimate the gravity at which internals occur early game on hauls worlds, just like no hauls.

Deleted User - 10618707

Amen to that. Honestly cannot understand why it's illegal to have an account for sending resources to someone, but an account to give someone a village or three is just fine. Genuine merging of accounts which had been properly played is one thing, but there should be a minimum number of villages required - twenty, perhaps - before a nobled player is permitted to join the account of their nobler or anyone in the nobler's tribe. Even that would leave loopholes (eg. ally/family tribes merging accounts between each other) which may or not be closeable, but it'd still be damn sight better than how things stand.

Or potentially, they could add "no co-playing" as a setting on some no-hauls worlds :lol:

Its impossible to stop free villages, what's to differentiate me nobling an authenticate villages as opposed to a free one...if my target just happened to dodge his troops, does that automatically = free village?

There are too many factors involved as opposed to something like pushing that is generally straight forward, while there is still some ambiguity.

DeletedUser118341

I think you severely underestimate the gravity at which internals occur early game on hauls worlds, just like no hauls.

It is much easier to compete with 'free villages' on hauls than it is on no hauls though, if you out-farm them.

If someone has a 28+ pits villages built up for them for their first 5 conquers on no hauls though....

Internals are far more damaging on no-hauls, and they definitely occur more often. Look at the ranking now.

Rank 1: 11 villages, 400 ODA.

Rank 6: 8 villages 135 ODA.

The top 10 all have low ODA too. Ofcourse you don't want ODA, no point in hitting villages with lots of defense. But to have 10 villages and have so low ODA is just plainly obvious people have gifted you stuff.

Player who get lots of freebies lined up early are just ridiculous. Players who think they are good and do it are just deluded. It is becoming a strategy on no-hauls definately, and the thing is, so many people do it it seems to be acceptable now.

Ofcourse you get people who do it on hauls. You always get people that try to boost themselves. But on no-hauls, more people do it. You can't argue with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've played on both and I feel W83 is more fun just due to the fact that there are so many solid and experienced players playing. If you like to P2W or farm then obviously W82 is better.

-Mason

twenty-five

I think you over estimate them. I can't think of any tribes I've seen with 20% of their villages internalled before 1 million points, like ever on a haul world. Don't think it even comes close.

Find me an example of a tribe where 20 of the first 100 or so conquers are internals on a haul world, and I might start to believe you that haul worlds internal just as much early on. That's just the ones appearing as internals too, not ones being kicked/leaving and nobled, of which there seem to be a non-zero number. :icon_surprised:

dlcell

I think you over estimate them. I can't think of any tribes I've seen with 20% of their villages internalled before 1 million points, like ever on a haul world. Don't think it even comes close.

Find me an example of a tribe where 20 of the first 100 or so conquers are internals on a haul world, and I might start to believe you that haul worlds internal just as much early on. That's just the ones appearing as internals too, not ones being kicked/leaving and nobled, of which there seem to be a non-zero number. :icon_surprised:

I completely agree. This world has been horrendously mergy so far. It seems to be a reoccurring pattern with no haul worlds. Because people can't get ahead with farming like on normal worlds, they choose to do so instead by merging accounts to get a head start.

If you ask me, I think its a terrible way to play and ruins the game. I don't see this world finishing in any way other than how it did in w77. There will be no major war-- just a lot of merges.

DeletedUser65288

I completely agree. This world has been horrendously mergy so far. It seems to be a reoccurring pattern with no haul worlds. Because people can't get ahead with farming like on normal worlds, they choose to do so instead by merging accounts to get a head start.

If you ask me, I think its a terrible way to play and ruins the game. I don't see this world finishing in any way other than how it did in w77. There will be no major war-- just a lot of merges.

excuse me but you seem like an expert rank 1 start up player could you tell me how I make another village?

Deleted User - 10618707

Honestly, I''m sure there is a tribe like that somewhere out there, but i really cba to look. Though i think you guys are missing the point, I'm not saying hauls have just as much or more internals, but lots of merging does occur on those worlds also.

twenty-five

Honestly, I''m sure there is a tribe like that somewhere out there, but i really cba to look. Though i think you guys are missing the point, I'm not saying hauls have just as much or more internals, but lots of merging does occur on those worlds also.

Don't think I am missing your point what so ever, you think haul worlds tend to internal almost as much as no hauls (you said negligible). My experiences, and the few tribes I glanced at on twstats, differ from this. So I am taking a position opposite to yours. That doesn't mean I am missing your point, it means I am disagreeing with you.

Mithrae

Its impossible to stop free villages, what's to differentiate me nobling an authenticate villages as opposed to a free one...if my target just happened to dodge his troops, does that automatically = free village?

There are too many factors involved as opposed to something like pushing that is generally straight forward, while there is still some ambiguity.

You're right, as far as free villages go: If someone wants to waste a few weeks of their lives or their own play time on the world building up a village and giving it to someone, I can't imagine any way of stopping that in practice - though in principle it obviously is cheating in exactly the same way that pushing is, even moreso in fact.

But leaving the nobled player free to then start co-playing the account which nobled them, so that rather than wasting their time they themselves are also benefiting from the cheating, is simply asinine. And that could be mitigated, to some extent at least. Should be a minimum threshold at which an account is deemed to have been played as a genuine effort - be it ten villages or fifteen or twenty - when merging in order to coplay becomes acceptable. Doing it early in the game is obvious bs: If someone wants to coplay, they should do it on one account.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It wouldn't surprise me if it happened on both haul and no haul worlds with the same frequency. You hear about it less on haul worlds because they (most of the time) aren't the top players.

Some people obviously feel they need that leg up to be competitive, and resort to the barely legal ways of making that happen.

There are plenty of decently ranked players on this world that got there the hard way, without internals and freebies. Those are the players that I respect and want to play with.

DeletedUser118378

No hauls are more fair than haul worlds i think. b/c resoruces are more scarce