War Declerations?

DeletedUser53503

Hello W52 members,

I don't talk much on the forum partly because I don't have the status which calls for it(on this world), and partly because I don't feel the need to post things which have already been said. I have a question for the leaders in particular. Why do people bother with giving a war declaration? All I can see as a result from such a declaration is a possible security breach (ie. other tribes know your getting weaker), and that you get ten minutes of fame (yeah?). I've played for a while, having started back on world 8, this is one thing I have never fully understood. Thanks for your time.

Angretlam
~The Angry Lamb

DeletedUser

to get the ingame war stats (new feature) which is cool to look at?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it lets people know whats going on.
it gets feedback from other people.
can make your tribe look good if you go about it the right way which can make future relations better

just a few

DeletedUser90814

As the previous poster said, it can make you look good if you do it in the right way.
But it can also make you laughing stock if you fail miserably :D

DeletedUser53503

Thanks for the responses. I have another question then: Is it frowned upon not to do a war decleration?

DeletedUser

it really depends on the tribe if its some minor war out on the rim there will be no problems but if its two big tribes (e.g top 10 or 20) warring each other then if the aggressor doesn't declare a war the other tribe will probably attempt to ridicule them on he pnp for not doing so. Usually the aggressor will post a war declaration if there a large tribe fighting a large tribe.

DeletedUser53503

Alright, thanks again for your replies. I would think that after 3 almost 4 years of being on TW I would have this figured out by now...

DeletedUser

well you took a break like me so you've not been playing that long

p.s was looking at your stats and you played 17 thats the last world i played

DeletedUser53503

Awesome, were you around during the Wise S and Wisdom vs. the Dominion war?

DeletedUser

i cant remember but i doubt it, i quit early on (sitter messed up my account) i was in NOTS and LADN if you were there near the start you should know those :icon_biggrin:

Swans1981

That was quite early on in the world though i think (Wisdom) 5 months in maybe

DeletedUser

just been looking on TWstats i left about 5 months in lol probably just as it started.

DeletedUser53503

Swans you played back then as well? Either way, the game was a lot simpler then in my opinion.

Swans1981

Yeh and yeh,

it was because no one did huge merges at the beginning stages and would fight continent for continent. This world was ruined by the big 3.

DeletedUser53503

Agreed, I've been slightly disappointed by the lack of anything going on in this world: sure B52's took out Hohoho, but if that's all then there are some big issues. I have been waiting for a while for some of these bigger tribes to start doing something about the lack of space between realms of influence, yet there isn't. They seem to be just fine with pushing towards the rim or going after those lovely 1 man tribes/barbarians. Hopefully things will turn around shortly though.

Swans1981

Yeh, even though i'm part of one of those big tribes, i'd still like if they were all small tribes like in w17 , was so fun, although the barbs with grow to max points there too, which made it even funner since it was my second world lol :)

i seriously doubt the small tribes will be able to take on the bigger ones though.

DeletedUser

It was my second world too lol and the first one that i was at the start on and it was soo much fun being in the top tribes when it was all kicking off haha. Now im on the rim (stated late) and most of the big tribes are doing nothing. its getting dull and i have only been back a few weeks

Swans1981

Yeh it was my first world in the centre too lol,
i had to fight CHE!!!, karmalot was right by me aswell lol, held them up easily, went on holidays for 5 weeks came back to a ruined acc :p

DeletedUser

ok thats creepy i went on holiday for 2 weeks and came back to a ruined account. i started right next to purple predator dont know if you knew him he quit before i did but i think he was a pretty big player in other worlds.

p.s. this is gonna get even more creepy but was your first world 7?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53503

I remember Purple Predator and Che!!, Che!! stayed around past my life time in W17 though. When my tribe fell apart because of the leadership I lost my urge to keep on playing the world and gave my villages to my tribe. It was probably my 2nd or 3rd real world that I actually put effort into.