What happened to jamm

• Thread starter DeletedUser51390
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ZOMFG Jamm sneezed... make a thread or two about it! Everyone must know it happened, and then we can speculate as to why it happened. Perhaps he had dust in his nose?

Seriously, though, you guys are worse than Paparazzi. Cyber stalkers :eek:

DeletedUser

ZOMFG Jamm sneezed... make a thread or two about it! Everyone must know it happened, and then we can speculate as to why it happened. Perhaps he had dust in his nose?

isn't it cool :p

DeletedUser

Not particularly, I'm sure Jamm would appreciate some privacy, then again this is coming from the guy who happened to check his Date of Birth.

*whistles*

DeletedUser

So wait some guy named jamm restarted so what? Then we have a lot of people talking about people from other worlds?

I am a good old player myself but I can’t keep track of all this, so can we please keep to stuff that is directly relevant to this world.

DeletedUser

invidiousness:icon_biggrin:

Why did jamm cross the road?

DeletedUser

Well, I went to rank 1 for the screenshot, started the afraid thingy to get into a lot of profiles. All that was to test whether this would make people in my new area move.

Basically I wrote a mail to everyone telling them I was rank 1 and just restarted to ruin their life on the rim, that I am feared for being so evil and that they should move. This kind of mails always stirrs up the surroundings and for a while I was thinking that those kind of mails don't work very well. I got my proof now. Only one player left out of 120 messaged. People in the core seem to answer these kind of mails more often, people on the rim don't even answer.

DeletedUser

Well, I went to rank 1 for the screenshot, started the afraid thingy to get into a lot of profiles. All that was to test whether this would make people in my new area move.

Basically I wrote a mail to everyone telling them I was rank 1 and just restarted to ruin their life on the rim, that I am feared for being so evil and that they should move. This kind of mails always stirrs up the surroundings and for a while I was thinking that those kind of mails don't work very well. I got my proof now. Only one player left out of 120 messaged. People in the core seem to answer these kind of mails more often, people on the rim don't even answer.

You actually sent out 120 messages? Wow, TW i think you should help Jamm with his TW addiction :lol:

DeletedUser

no, I just sent out one message to 120 people. download world data, merge village with player data, sort by distance, copy names, put a ; between all names, write a message, send it out. About 5 minutes of work.

DeletedUser

no, I just sent out one message to 120 people. download world data, merge village with player data, sort by distance, copy names, put a ; between all names, write a message, send it out. About 5 minutes of work.

Ohh.. Well good to know

DeletedUser

In firefox...

TWstats village locator.
Search around "A village".
Hold CTRL, drag from the top of "Target Player". Drag as far as you like.
Copy.
Paste into Notepad, hit CTRL+H and then replace " " (<space>) with "%".
Copy the result.
Paste into the search box in firefox and then copy again (removes turns line breaks into spaces).
Paste into Notepad, hit CTRL+H and replace " " (<space>) with ";", and replace "%" with " " (<space>).

Alternatively, you can use Excel with the "=CONCATENATE" function after the twstats village locator.

I find both ways faster than downloading the world data.

DeletedUser

Jamms back?!?

Wow! Now my lief is absolutely complete! Yippee!
BTW...Who the Hell might this Jamm be?

DeletedUser

If you have all those names in column a just put a ; in column B, put =a1 in field c1, field c2 empty, field d1 empty, put =a2 in d2, combine with =b1&c1&d1 in e1. draw down
Mark column e, transpone. I find that easier than concatenate.

I use the world data a lot so if you allready have the data you don't to rely on tools who seem to go down at the most inconvenient times anyway. but thanks for sharing an alternative way of doing it.

DeletedUser

In firefox...

TWstats village locator.
Search around "A village".
Hold CTRL, drag from the top of "Target Player". Drag as far as you like.
Copy.
Paste into Notepad, hit CTRL+H and then replace " " (<space>) with "%".
Copy the result.
Paste into the search box in firefox and then copy again (removes turns line breaks into spaces).
Paste into Notepad, hit CTRL+H and replace " " (<space>) with ";", and replace "%" with " " (<space>).

Alternatively, you can use Excel with the "=CONCATENATE" function after the twstats village locator.

I find both ways faster than downloading the world data.

Or you could just use the restart mailing list generator on Tamer if you knew how to find it :p
Tis what I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.