What have the W20 forums come to?

DeletedUser

Dear W20 forums,

At the start of this thread I was considering to post all the silly and immature comments that are popping up lately but I have decided otherwise. You might be thinking "how typical of you oP, you lazy, lazy person" and you're spot on. Nevertheless, I am hoping that me pointing out what is going on is enough for you guys to realize that what I am saying is most probably true.

I returned to these forums actively about half a month ago expecting to see what once was my beloved discussion point with other players, what I found though was what seemed to be a vandalized virtual area invaded by kindergarteners. But hey, don't judge a book by its cover, right? So I ignored all those posts originating from Hefty with his overblown ego which, usually, consisted of words such as "fool" or "noob". I could even cope with the more than annoying way the notorious "maker" argumented in with his unidirectional way of thinking. Heck, with 3 or 4 :icon_twisted: at the end of his posts he'd be the reincarnation of Erion himself. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the rule rather than the exception, most of the PnP'ers on these forums nowadays rather recur to belittling their opponents instead of putting out arguments and stone cold facts. And if ever someone did discuss a point in a way which, in my point of view, is the correct way of exposing his or her opinion he or she would quickly be answered by a wave of "noob, lier, coward, mass recruiter, barb muncher" and the such. Anything but something which could be considered to be a mature and thought out answer.

Now I'm not saying I have never gone down to the level of insinuating someone else's stupidity, or using impolite ways of speaking. In some cases the person on the receiving end did not even deserve such treatment. But I hardly ever (if ever) recur to something as pathetic as simply answering with "you noob" accompanied with an oversized fail picture, and leave completely convinced in my undisputed victory in this discussion. Afterall, no one will dare go against me now as they see I am perfectly capable of calling them a noob in public, right?

Now whilst all of you adore pointing fingers at Dorin and maker, a multitude of people who are to an extent even respected by a lot of the posters here cannot post without adding an outright disrespectful comment with it. A good example would be Berry who rages around the forums with his overpowering "n00b" and "puppets". Unless you are a 13 year old (or younger) you have no excuse for this way of acting.

I am merely using Hefty and Berry as examples, but this is in no way me trying to put them in an uncomfortable position (and I apologize as it most probably will) nor am I focusing on the "enemy" as I am, as most of you know, on Prime's side. Realistically, maker is most probably part of Prime and he is arguably the worst case of them all. I am just trying to point out that over half of the people who now visit and post on these forums are like the ones aforementioned. It's the complete opposite of how it was back in the day when the likes of ricky, klore, air, kbk, runican, skeptic, wizzy, mithrae and myself (sorry for the arrogance :icon_razz:) were actively posting here.

Anyways, that's the end of my monologue and I apologize to those people who feel like I just completely wasted their time. For all the others, in the hope things will change and more thought out posts appear in the future, game on :icon_wink:

Yours truly,
oP)Delirium

P.S. I'm going to be leaving a "signed" list at the end of this post just to see who actually agrees with what I said so that then we can point it out when you go down the wrong path again :icon_razz:

Signed:
oP)Delirium

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*signs the list*...mainly cause being forced to but still agree ;)

DeletedUser

I completely disagree with everything said in this thread.

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Dear W20 forums,

At the start of this thread I was considering to post all the silly and immature comments that are popping up lately but I have decided otherwise. You might be thinking "how typical of you oP, you lazy, lazy person" and you're spot on. Nevertheless, I am hoping that me pointing out what is going on is enough for you guys to realize that what I am saying is most probably true.

I returned to these forums actively about half a month ago expecting to see what once was my beloved discussion point with other players, what I found though was what seemed to be a vandalized virtual area invaded by kindergarteners. But hey, don't judge a book by its cover, right? So I ignored all those posts originating from Hefty with his overblown ego which, usually, consisted of words such as "fool" or "noob". I could even cope with the more than annoying way the notorious "maker" argumented in with his unidirectional way of thinking. Heck, with 3 or 4 :icon_twisted: at the end of his posts he'd be the reincarnation of Erion himself. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the rule rather than the exception, most of the PnP'ers on these forums nowadays rather recur to belittling their opponents instead of putting out arguments and stone cold facts. And if ever someone did discuss a point in a way which, in my point of view, is the correct way of exposing his or her opinion he or she would quickly be answered by a wave of "noob, lier, coward, mass recruiter. barb muncher" and the such. Anything but something which could be considered to be a mature and thought out answer.

Now I'm not saying I have never gone down to the level of insinuating someone else's stupidity, or using impolite ways of speaking. In some cases the person on the receiving end did not even deserve such treatment. But I hardly ever (if ever) recur to something as pathetic as simply answering with "you noob" accompanied with an oversized fail picture, and leave completely convinced in my undisputed victory in this discussion. Afterall, no one will dare go against me now as they see I am perfectly capable of calling them a noob in public, right?

Now whilst all of you adore pointing fingers at Dorin and maker, a multitude of people who are to an extent even respected by a lot of the posters here cannot post without adding an outright disrespectful comment with it. A good example would be Berry who rages around the forums with his overpowering "n00b" and "puppets". Unless you are a 13 year old (or younger) you have no excuse for this way of acting.

I am merely using Hefty and Berry as examples, but this is in no way me trying to put them in an uncomfortable position (and I apologize as it most probably will) nor am I focusing on the "enemy" as I am, as most of you know, on Prime's side. Realistically, maker is most probably part of Prime and he is arguably the worst case of them all. I am just trying to point out that over half of the people who now visit and post on these forums are like the ones aforementioned. It's the complete opposite of how it was back in the day when the likes of ricky, klore, air, kbk, runican, skeptic, wizzy, mithrae and myself (sorry for the arrogance :icon_razz:) were actively posting here.

Anyways, that's the end of my monologue and I apologize to those people who feel like I just completely wasted their time. For all the others, in the hope things will change and more thought out posts appear in the future, game on :icon_wink:

Yours truly,
oP)Delirium

P.S. I'm going to be leaving a "signed" list at the end of this post just to see who actually agrees with what I said, so that then we can point it out when you go down the wrong path again :icon_razz:

Signed:
oP)Delirium

agreed with every word of this
especially the part about op being lazy
i really am very disappointed with what the w20 forums have become
and how lazy op is

DeletedUser

Ok, as someone once said with HTM's post: "I'm going to pretend like I read it..." :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

I agreed with you on everything but as sick of seeing fail posts and noob and what not im also sick of statements of the glory days and the legends. Its one thing to say they were the best players on the server now they are the best posters. Times change those may have been the glory days but that has ended and a new era is alive u sign to my terms and ill sign to yours. Let the past be the past and never mention how they did it better.(in game or on the boards aside from the best of "what not" posts.

DeletedUser

I agreed with you on everything but as sick of seeing fail posts and noob and what not im also sick of statements of the glory days and the legends. Its one thing to say they were the best players on the server now they are the best posters. Times change those may have been the glory days but that has ended and a new era is alive u sign to my terms and ill sign to yours. Let the past be the past and never mention how they did it better.(in game or on the boards aside from the best of "what not" posts.

Haha it's true the oldschool players of all the worlds have a tendency of saying how they were better in such and such :icon_razz:

Ok, as someone once said with HTM's post: "I'm going to pretend like I read it..." :icon_cool:

Thank you for proving my point, belittling statement > Walks off in contempt

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd be keeping up the stimulating arguments if there was someone to argue with, though, so don't blame me:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

At the beginning of this I thought I'd skim. Then, I decided to read the entire thing. Then, I got to the second paragraph and got distracted and skimmed. You didn't mention me Op, you noob. :icon_cool:

Meh, anyway, my opinon on this is that I find it quite enjoyable to flame people, when they are deserving of it. The majority of these forums are quite intelligent and usually tend to present opinions and arguements in such manner. There are, on the rare occasions, people deserving of the title "noob" or "troll" which in that case I have no problem calling them out.

All in all, these forums are quite fun. Better than other worlds by far.

DeletedUser

I couldn't disagree more.

These forums have always had flaming and fail pictures etc (well, certainly as long as I've been posting, and no doubt long before I came along), and it's common place in gaming forums, so imho it's being naive to think that's suddenly going to change from the status quo, and why should it?

The only real problems I see ongoing in these forums are your maker & dorin type troll clones, but the admins and moderators continue to do a good job at minimizing that kind of crap.

Meh, anyway, my opinon on this is that I find it quite enjoyable to flame people, when they are deserving of it. The majority of these forums are quite intelligent and usually tend to present opinions and arguements in such manner. There are, on the rare occasions, people deserving of the title "noob" or "troll" which in that case I have no problem calling them out.

All in all, these forums are quite fun. Better than other worlds by far.

^^^^ This.

DeletedUser

to be honest, i agree somewhat that it is kinda getting out of control. but id have to say it does make for a good read. i mean i dont post much, but i like the read as it can be pretty funny sometimes.

DeletedUser

I couldn't disagree more.

These forums have always had flaming and fail pictures etc (well, certainly as long as I've been posting, and no doubt long before I came along), and it's common place in gaming forums, so imho it's being naive to think that's suddenly going to change from the status quo, and why should it?

The only real problems I see ongoing in these forums are your maker & dorin type troll clones, but the admins and moderators continue to do a good job at minimizing that kind of crap.

^^^^ This.

That's actually not true. You haven't been here long enough if you don't remember how the forums used to be. Just spent the last hour looking at old threads, lmao.

Most of the stuff was centered around the fact that Hulk was around and could bash anyone for anything cus we were badass:lol: and that doesn't exist anymore, so no tribe can really bash another for something without being a bit hypocritical. Plus, the number of forum posters has declined and some tribes go with little to no representation. Or at least not to the extent there used to be.

rich26ca

i think you very right about some things i think talks and great PnP can still be found from time to time...

the fail pic can be great in moderation and if backed by real failure and not opinion... and most of that is cause of one or two posters... i enjoy these forums more then any others i've been in. but has flaws like anything in life.