What is better: Coin or Package world?

DeletedUser

Hello there Ladies and Gents,

Seeing as nobody else is going to do a thread about it and the other threads are just full of SPAM, I thought it would be interesting to clarify what are the pros and cons of each system.

Coin World:

How does it work?
Noble 1 requires 1 additional coin for 1 coin total
Noble 2 requires 2 additional coins for 3 coins total
Noble 3 requires 3 additional coins for 6 coins total
Noble 4 requires 4 additional coins for 10 coins total, etc

Thats basically how you get more nobles. The nobles themselves cost 40k wood, 50k clay, 50k iron.

Pros:
-Losing a nobleman isn't of major importance.
-One can relocate VERY EASILY!
-Need only to build lvl 1 Academy.
-Levels the battlefield in between more experienced players and less experienced.
(If I have missed some out, which I am sure I have, perhaps post them below so I can add them :)

Cons:
-Even in later stages of the game, noobs can manage to stay. (from Personal experience)
-Lengthens the life-span of the world.

Package World:

How does it work?
Noble 1 costs 1x (28.000 Wood, 30.000 Clay, 25.000 Iron). It requires 1 Academy levels
Noble 2 costs 2x (28.000 Wood, 30.000 Clay, 25.000 Iron). It requires 2 Academy levels
Noble 3 costs 3x (28.000 Wood, 30.000 Clay, 25.000 Iron). It requires 3 Academy levels
Noble 4 costs 4x (28.000 Wood, 30.000 Clay, 25.000 Iron). It requires 4 Academy levels
etc...

Pros:
-You never run out of nobles (well you do but for example: I have the possibility to produce over 70 nobles)
-Its a harder start-up: gets rid of many noobs.
-Its cheaper to remake nobles in the village it was once found.

Cons:
-Its VERY expensive
-Its harder for a unexperienced player to learn.
-its harder to relocate noble villas.

Thats all for now folks. If you think I have missed something, please don't hesitate to post below your ideas/suggestions. If you do not agree with what I post, you may criticize constructively. I appreciate if you don't FLAME nor SPAM on my posts. No off-topic please! I don't want the words: Fray, Che!, Chess!, 4zl?, or any other tribal name on this thread. Keep it clean. Thank you. This is only for information following a previous discussion in another thread.

Thanks for reading!

I decided to add a list of who likes what :)

For Coins:
WaTz PopPiN?
Bernard 2485 AKA Cameronthechef
blackguard
t0msky

For Packets:
Smurks
.dan.101
Underwater.

P.S: im rubbish at this but how do I do colours?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

in my opinion it is all revolving around relocating nobles. the harder is for you to relocate the more strategic you need to play...cause you do not afford useless losses of nobles. so a package wortld would be more strategic but it can be less fun, since you cannot overwhelm an area with noble waves and play just on brute force (which has its fun :p )

WaTz PopPiN?

I prefer coin world, easier to relocate nobles like zen. said. And unlike packet worlds in coin worlds you can get a train right from the start without worrying about numbers of academy.. The only draw back to coins is at the start the price of nobles seems to be staggering.

DeletedUser

ive been on coin world aka W30 and ive been on a pcket world(this one) i like the packets better personally.

DeletedUser

I personally, like coin worlds better then packets. I just felt it easier to move around and get trains.

DeletedUser101117

I totally agree... W 56 was my first package world, and i don't like it too much.

.dan.101

The extra layer of strategy they bring swings my preference towards packets rather than coins. Same with smithy levels, both simple tech and coins just dumb down the game.

However, when someone decides to prenoble and recap me I'll prefer coins once more.