What is... The Perfect Tribe?

DeletedUser81336

To be fair activity is a huge benefit to have...

Yes, it is. However it only really is needed early in game. Once you have 1 million points or higher you only need to log in 2-5 times a day. If you play smartly though it is not needed.

DeletedUser

Tru. I would sway towards getting a sitter during the early stages, then going solo later in the game once farming is unnecessary. That way at least the account is yours alone. As you said before about taking credit for the accounts success... not as big of an achievement to say you got where you did with the help of Mr/Mrs co-player.

Teaming up within a tribe to get as close to 24/7 coverage is definitely the best option in my opinion.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
No a common player should get his own co-player or an account sitter to help them out. It's far from cheating, if they wanted to cheat the would install an add on or create a bot to do stuff for them.

then why don't we ask mods to dismiss account sitting restrictions, or make multi log in accounts. that way this will become first co-playing accounts multilayer game. or they should ban everybody without co-player, that way all players will have same benefits.

I've taken on a co-played account before it's quite easy to use that against them, they only benefit they have is activity over you.
true

DeletedUser

At the end of the day it is a tactic. Just like any other which gives player 1 advantage over player 2; you either use it or you learn to live without it.

DeletedUser81336

then why don't we ask mods to dismiss account sitting restrictions, or make multi log in accounts. that way this will become first co-playing accounts multilayer game. or they should ban everybody without co-player, that way all players will have same benefits

If my memory serves me right there was a poll about banning co-playing in some worlds and if I recall a lot of people didn't even care.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If my memory serves me right there was a poll about banning co-playing in some worlds and if I recall a lot of people didn't even care.

don't know...
and people do not care about lot of things, just because they do not understand consequences. but it will trow our conversation in RL politics and i do not want that. (and mods wouldn't like that too)

DeletedUser

Nobody's mentioned the quality of the leadership. I've seen a many a fool and blaggart lead a top world tribe into oblivion (been in tribes that have knocked these off their perch:). Best leaders I played under: serene in WL in W1 (they're still fighting in there, I was K baron when I left in 2008) and xmach from NERD in W37

DeletedUser

Just my opinion, if it works for you guys thats great.

I much prefer localized groups, being spread across a number of k's means more enemies... either that or more hugging. Prefer settling on one k and hitting out from there personally.

Yep, that's the way I played it in every world I been in, except for W7, and that was a disaster (partly the leadership to blame)

Repinski

I also agree on taking over one K and expanding from there.

chivalrous knight

I think a tribe can be perfect if it consist of players that know each other, and that they can keep contact to each other via cell phone, messenger plus other internet tools.

And if most tribe members are really addict to this game and can always sit in the front of PC at least 12 hours per day, plus they can last the interest till the end. But i think nowadays most players of the newer generation will not commit to such addictive playing style where they are willing to even log in their account via cell phone, laptop etc where ever they stay. And most older generation players stay in the older world to continue the battle, so there aren't much veterans to lead a tribe in the new worlds unless they lose a war else where.

One example is that the mass quitting of CLOROX in W8 and then merrick2 brought them over to W37 to start Insane which is doing pretty well since they already know each other from the beginning

DeletedUser

I would never give someone my cellphone to contact me on...sorry but real life trumps a game and when I am not on here I am either working/at school/hanging out with friends/just don't want to be bothered :D lol

Anyway, yes it would however help out your tribe (although is not needed). Good chemistry is vital to your tribe, you won't survive if you do not like the tribemates you are playing with, nor will you trust them to acc sit you.

DeletedUser

I come from a game where cell phone communication between team-mates was pretty common at the higher levels, so I could see it being a useful tool here.

At the same time I also totally understand why people would be against it and I wouldn't expect it out of any tribe I'd be in.

DeletedUser

There's a line between RL and TW.
I'm fine with skype and all that. But a cell phone is just to much for me =/
Even if my best friend played TW and called me to talk about it I'd hang up on the guy.

DeletedUser

It wasn't like we called each other to discuss the game. It was more like we had the numbers on standby so if you were under attack, someone could text/sms you real quick. Not like a back and forth convo, just a "hey, you're under attack".

DeletedUser

I cant imagine a phone call from another player, I answer... Deep voice* "Hey Dude, your under attack".... It seems a bit creepy.

chivalrous knight

Base on past experience from W8, leader of a tribe is planning to include a potential ally into their Group, that leader mention he couldn't confirm the person he communicate via text is the actual leader of his intend allied tribe, so he phone her and get a definite answer via communication.. and some actually work in the same area , so that they can go visit each other and verify certain sensitive issues that involve manipulation of trust from a third party...

Yup, maybe they tend to take the game too seriously it seems, but it is the only way to expose any lies and treacherous act from a third party :p

But for the consequence of taking the game too serious, I had even know some players actually quit the game when their wives or girl friends forbid them from involve in the game anymore...LOL

Repinski

A cell phone is just to much to be contacted on, when I am away from TW I am normally at a friends house anyways or with my girlfriend and so I don't want to be bothered with tribalwars in either of those situations.

It is not easy to keep a life and a strong TW account and I feel if TWians had my cell number I would lose the battle to keep a real life also...