What is the Ultimate Question?

DeletedUser

Is it:

1. Boobs or Butt?
2. Republican or Democrat?
3. What is after Death?
4. Is there truly a God?
5. Why is there evil?
6. Why does SpecialBrew.'s tribe let him get 200k worth of internals but my tribe will only allow me no more than 2 at a time?
7. What is the best way to pick up a girl?
8. What is the best way to obtain pure and innocent happiness?
9. Why is there evil?
10. Why doesn't Mcdonalds sell hotdogs?
11. At a movie theater, which armrest is yours?
12. If a baby's leg pops out at 11:59PM but his head doesn't come out until 12:01, which day was he born on?
13. Can animals commit suicide?
14. When there's two men who "get married", do they both go to the same bachelor party?
15. When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the bible?
16. When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?
17. How does a Real Estate company sell its office without causing confusion?
18. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
19. Why do we press the start button to turn off the computer?
20. Other - Please post or Explain.

DeletedUser34455

No one knows the real Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

However, a fake answer could be:

20. How many roads must a man walk down?

DeletedUser

18. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

DeletedUser

I have better ultimate questions
Why do cops have to give me ticket when they can't find illegal substances on me?

They gave me a ticket FOR TRESPASSING.for being in front of someone's house, on the side walk. the person in the house agreed to sign a declaration confirming they don't care that I'm on the side walk in front of the house, but cops give me ticket and court date for trespassing!
same to 10 other friends. just because they can never bust us with illegal stuff on us.

...12 cop cars.12. I have proof.12 cop cars .

lastly,

WHAT does ROMNEY mean by "my campaign is focused on the middle income families"..he claims he does not care about the poor people,that they have "Safety nets".WHAT "safety nets" do the poor people have? Have those worked?
Why is Gary, Indiana, and other such cities in that miserable state? are those people are politically invisible ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

WHAT does ROMNEY mean by "my campaign is focused on the middle income families"..he claims he does not care about the poor people,that they have "Safety nets".WHAT "safety nets" do the poor people have? Have those worked?
Why is Gary, Indiana, and other such cities in that miserable state? are those people are politically invisible ?

Chansclo, there are thousands safety net programs set up for people in poverty in America, moreso than any other part of the world.

1. Food stamps
2. Welfare that hands out more than a minimum wage job pays
3. Programs like Salvation Army that set up shelters and lunch lines
4. Charities whose target groups are the poor
5. Social Security (this targets all classes)
6, FINDING A JOB AND LOOKING FOR A HELPING HAND, NOT A HAND OUT
7. The U.S. spends more on social programs than the combined GDP of Africa. So gtfo with that noise. I'd rather my tax money go to rebuilding a bridge or repairing an over-used road, or planting new trees to combat reforestation than give my tax dollars to some ignorant folk that have 8 babies and get a welfare check per baby.
8. Etc, etc, etc.

The middle class are the back bone of America. These are part of Corporate America and make up the majority of entrepreneurs. You put them into poverty, and then you have a disparity of wealth that hasn't been seen since the Roman times.
Limit military and social program spending, and quit outsourcing and lobbying our jobs overseas, and then the middle class can come back. The middle class taxes are going towards paying for the irresponsible AND/OR unfortunate when they should be going towards other things.

It almost sounds savage to say the above statement, but we are well beyond carrying capacity for our population, and hit 7 billion people globally in November. In less than 20 years, it's expected to hit 11 billion. Those are astounding and unsustainable numbers. Why support the people that are making uneducated and dumb decisions like having too many kids, when they can't feed themselves, let alone the world able to feed them.

DeletedUser91571

None of these are the "ultimate" questions as all have answers.

1. Boobs or Butt? - Both
2. Republican or Democrat? - In most cases there is no difference so this isn't really a question.
3. What is after Death? - The Hereafter. The meeting with your maker.
4. Is there truly a God? - Obviously yes.
5. Why is there evil? - Because man sinned and said in his heart "there is no God".
6. Why does SpecialBrew.'s tribe let him get 200k worth of internals but my tribe will only allow me no more than 2 at a time? - Because SpecialBrew is liked and honored by his tribemates and yours just tolerate you for the comedy relief.
7. What is the best way to pick up a girl? - By her hair.
8. What is the best way to obtain pure and innocent happiness? - Go to sleep.
9. Why is there evil? - Asked and aswered #5 above.
10. Why doesn't Mcdonalds sell hotdogs? - Why not. McDonalds sells whatever they can get people to buy. Maybe the question should have been "Why does Burger King sell hotdogs?"
11. At a movie theater, which armrest is yours? - Whichever one I want... and probably both of them.
12. If a baby's leg pops out at 11:59PM but his head doesn't come out until 12:01, which day was he born on? - A baby is officially born when the whole baby is out. That's how they get away with partial birth abortions.
13. Can animals commit suicide? - Yes
14. When there's two men who "get married", do they both go to the same bachelor party? - No. They both go to the same bachelorette party.
15. When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the bible? - Yes
16. When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny? - After sunrise. Partly cloudy is a designation for nighttime hours. Partly sunny is the same conditions during daylight hours.
17. How does a Real Estate company sell its office without causing confusion? - Silly question. Realtors can't sell anything without causing confusion. It's what they do. If they didn't, people would figure out they can sell their building without a realtor.
18. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized? - They are checking to see if their standards have changed. The hungrier they get, the increase in the likelihood that they will decide to eat the moldy old food still in the frig.
19. Why do we press the start button to turn off the computer? - I don't. I press the power button
20. Other - Please post or Explain.

cemblin

Reaction score
Chansclo, there are thousands safety net programs set up for people in poverty in America, moreso than any other part of the world.

The middle class are the back bone of America. These are part of Corporate America and make up the majority of entrepreneurs. You put them into poverty, and then you have a disparity of wealth that hasn't been seen since the Roman times.
Limit military and social program spending, and quit outsourcing and lobbying our jobs overseas, and then the middle class can come back. The middle class taxes are going towards paying for the irresponsible AND/OR unfortunate when they should be going towards other things.

It almost sounds savage to say the above statement, but we are well beyond carrying capacity for our population, and hit 7 billion people globally in November. In less than 20 years, it's expected to hit 11 billion. Those are astounding and unsustainable numbers. Why support the people that are making uneducated and dumb decisions like having too many kids, when they can't feed themselves, let alone the world able to feed them.

All of the countries of western Europe spend a greater percentage of their GDP on social security than the USA. The Canadians and Australians do too. This is because these countries are rich enough to support the poor without seriously harming the living conditions of the better off, so they choose to do it for humanitarian purposes.

Hard to disagree with the second statement I've bolded, stimulating the economy could theoretically have a greater knock on effect than direct social security. However, investment in infrastructure etc (which is, I think, what you're suggesting) whilst reducing unemployment, tends to benefit the developers more than the labourers.

You support the people making uneducated and dumb decisions because your country's education system wasn't good enough to give them a proper chance in society. Therefore improve their education, and they will make the correct decisions. Also, these are sustainable numbers (even though you've quoted an inaccurately high number) as long as certain 'measures' are brought in, such as recycling, anti-waste laws, renewable energy etc.

Besides, the population of Europe and North America are not increasing, and are not expected to in the next 20 years. India, China, Brazil, parts of Africa will all stimulate that world population rise, and they are the countries that could feasibly overtake the USA in terms of quality of living, etc, within the foreseeable future.

DeletedUser

The U.S. GDP is also far greater than any other in the world. While our GDP is 11 trillion, Any country in Europe might be 2 trillion. So even if you spend 30% of your GDP on programs like social security and we only spend 20%, our number far outcries yours.

The U.S. has the oldest working industrial and commercial infrastructure in the world. Our plants are inefficient, roads are falling apart, bridges are falling down, etc. Infrastructure jobs are subbed out by the government at a fixed price, so it would benefit workers by creating more labor.

You can't help the unwilling. The U.S. has a higher availability to things like money and drugs than the rest of the world, which is why you see poverty. People get hooked on drugs and then ask the government to support their bad habit. A study was done in 2000. 54% of the African Americans are on welfare in America, 52% of black families are without a father. 84% of the 54% on welfare stated that they don't look for work because of the government checks. I sense a cultural problem, not an education problem. Education is a free public institution in America. You are allowed to go. But if you don't show up because you are lazy and find it funner to smoke dope and get in fights than taking getting an education seriously, then it's a problem.

The population of minorities are increasing. Immigration is a huge problem in the U.S. Whites are producing at an offspring rate at 1.8%. This means 1.8 kids per 2 parents, which means the white population is going down. But you have minorities that are reproducing at rates between 3.1 and 6.5, which is astounding.

cemblin

Reaction score
Yes, you spend more money overall, but you also spend it on far more people, so it gets more 'spread out', if you like. Let's take Germany, which has the highest GDP of any country in Europe, but still has only approximately 20% of USA's GDP. It also has a population of around 80million, approximately 30% of the USA's population, but spends around twice the % of its GDP on social security than the USA. You do the maths, I'm a historian ;)

I'm not saying your infrastructure doesn't need renewing. I actually totally agree with you on that point. But it's unlikely to happen whilst stock markets, insurance companies, etc hold more power in the USA than most manufacturing companies. This is the same in Europe, except, interestingly, Germany, where manufacturing is still important to the overall economy.

As for your comments about 'African Americans' or 'blacks'.. Where to start? I might start with something I consider an insult.. Have you ever travelled outside of North America? I currently live in an African country, and although drug abuse rates are high, far higher, in fact, than in the USA, they are far more conclusively linked to poverty than in the USA. It's a bit of a nothing argument really. If you're poor, you're more likely to be a drug addict. If you're a drug addict, you're more likely to be poor. Remember, though, that if you are born and raised in a 'bad' neighbourhood, surrounded by drug addicts, there is obviously a higher chance that you will end up spurning your education and entering drug addiction. Now you can call this a cultural problem, although I believe it's more of a class problem (poor whites are more likely to be offenders/drug addicts than rich whites), but at the end of the day, this model also persecutes the individual, who was not given the same chance from an early age as a richer individual, who wasn't exposed to the bad facets of society until a lter age, when they were more able to cope with, and avoid the.

Immigration is a serious issue. In Europe too. Ironically, the more the population of so-called 'minorities' rise, the less they can truly be considered 'minorities'. Funny, eh?

(By the way, I'm not German or black!)

DeletedUser

the ultimate question to ask yourself is probs should i or shouldn't i surprise sex that sheep i see in front of me on the way home from the pub :) (might just be me :D )

DeletedUser

I support Cemblin's POV.
See, your view , Wham, is exactly Romney's view.

Safety Nets& tax money:
I despise you. How dare you say that your tax money are going on people who "can't find a job" or make 8 babies to get welfare..
Do you have a job? Did you get out of college with a degree that would've been useful 4 years ago and work at for minimum age? Which, btw, doesn't cover anything; estimated cost for living without making "uncomfortable" cuts in your budget is between 17-19 $. thats double the minimum wage.
Did both of your parents lose their job and have to find work here and there, to hold on to their american dream, to be able to prepare money for the time when their 2nd daughter reaches college?
But failed,and lost their house?
You know how many people are poor? Just 20 million.
1/15 americans is poorest of the poor.

Africa's GDP?
Sure, let americans bring up Africa. Let everyone know that US spends more on social security than Africa's total GDP, because, after all, US have a fault in africa's current state. How much of your country was built by african people who were taken by force?

It's funny how you think those "nets" exist and are helping. Ever heard of Gary, Indiana? Basic needs are inexistent there. And you know how many cuts have been done to those social programs..
As far as I know, whites are the poorest of all the classes in america.
Except the native americans...Who are also, invisible people to everyone. Yes, your tax money are going on a group of people who have been strategically put down, a genocide.

Do you think people can find jobs right now? Thats why some can't find jobs for months? gtfo, unless people next to you, your friends, your family, are affected by such issues, you haven't really seen anything.

Education:
And, as having experienced an european way of education,and american way.America sucks. for god's sake, what kind of idiot do you have to be, to be in 7th grade and think europe is an island?
True story.
Plus, it comes from parents as well. I know way too many peers who's parents don't give much of a crap about how their kid are doing .And just the education system, itself, is flawed.
Read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" book, I find it extremely interesting and insightful on this matter.

I doubt US is the older working industrial and commercial infrastucture, isn't UK the oldest one?....

Blacks:

Why are blacks as they are? Past events have affected their present & future.

I can write a 15 page essay .I've done it recently. If you want to blame any one,don't blame the families having babies. Blame the US GOVT and the idiots who elected them.
US borrows money from China to fight in Middle East..lol.

DeletedUser

^ why take the time to write something like that because someone will come along and trooll it anyways

DeletedUser91571

@ Chansclo,

I have no doubt you could write a 15 page essay. Congratulations! Doesn't mean just because you write it that it is true.

You asked a bunch of questions... I can say yes to most of them.

Trust me. You can raise a family and put your kids through college on $15.00 and hour. Is it easy? No, but doable.

"Uncomfortable cuts" in ones budget??? What a load of Crap!! You have identified what is the major problem in America today. We have managed to raise a bunch of whiny, gimme-gimme, kids that are incapable of understanding the difference between needs and wants. I can find a job anywhere... so can my children. Are they always "good" paying jobs? Are they always jobs I "want"? Absolutely not... but they are always jobs I need. I've never participated in any of the "safety nets" available. I've never even ever collected any unemployment. I make do with what I have. Granted... I've never been in a situation where I was unable to work (health, etc.). I've not always had minimum wage jobs either. Where I've been there are usually more $10.00 to 12.00/hr jobs around than minimum wage jobs. I've also made $50,000/yr so I've sort of seen both sides. I've lost my house. I'm currently trying to stay out of total bancruptcy due to serious health issues with my wife.

The United States spends approximately 15% of the federal budget on defense - the one obligation they are charged with according to the constitution. 1% goes to foriegn aid - I'll try not to begrudge that. About 19% is social security... which are politicians have been robbing for years. Roughly 20% is Medicare, Medicaid and the Childrens Health Program. Safety net programs take up around 20% (Welfare was about 8% all by itself in 2010 - it has grown considerably since as there is currently more welfare recipients per capita in the US than at any point in history) About 12% of the budget is for retirement benefits of federal employees (which includes our legislators). 6% pays down the national debt. 2% is used for scientific and medical research. Another 2% for non-security international affairs. Which leave 2 or 3% for almost anything that you can imagine.

The fact is much more money goes to social programs than to defense spending which is the only one that is a constitutional mandate! And this is only at the federal level. Every state and county has it's own budget in where the majority of the money goes to social programs. That just covers the government. What about the Salvation Army? Red Cross? World Vision? City of Hope? United Way? or the hundreds of other charities? How about the churches? How can anyone say that Americans don't do enough for the poor and destitute????

It obviously comes down to perspective. If you are not paying any taxes, don't tithe to your church, never give to charities.... then maybe you aren't doing your share. Yet you have no problem saying "America doesn't do enough!". You are correct that not every American does all of those things... and that's because more and more are becoming recipients so that they don't have to make "uncomfortable cuts" in their budget... that is made up of money I earned and provided as a "safety net"... not as a way of life!

DeletedUser

because i like trolling.
yes,it is do-able. but here's the thing..you can work 24/7 and accomplish that..but see, I rather work less, get more. You don't get rich by working; and most def you can't enjoy life& do as you wish with 15 an hour.

Uncomfortable cuts- Those who are smart in this economy & state understand the diff between needs and wants. I need basic things to live..do i want that? hailll nawwwwww. I don't settle for that. However, most americans are not that smart. They can't get out of that. You can tell me as much as you want; but I'd blame the education .Were they thought that in school? No. What does school teaches you? A lot. does it help you, in the real word? sure..money wise? not really..and I'm saying this since I know how it works..
and the high school im talking about,is pretty damn fancy.doesnt prepare you much for college tho..and when you get out of college,waddup debt?!

How much money is spent on wars, and things we,the public, are not aware of?
Sure, the numbers look nice on paper. But how are they actually used? How efficent are they used, and how much money do others take from themselves.

I won't give a penny to "my church". All them old people be talkin issh. too much drama. The rent is too dayum high!

What I meant my uncomfortable cuts, is to live life comfortable. do you want to work all your life and see it pass by you, on a almost minimum wage?
however, ^ doesnt mean having a fancy Mercedes or such. its the money needed be part of middle class,or something similar my professor told. cant remember,was sleepy.

DeletedUser

A study was done in 2000. 54% of the African Americans are on welfare in America, 52% of black families are without a father. 84% of the 54% on welfare stated that they don't look for work because of the government checks. I sense a cultural problem, not an education problem. Education is a free public institution in America. You are allowed to go. But if you don't show up because you are lazy and find it funner to smoke dope and get in fights than taking getting an education seriously, then it's a problem..

Right, you just made up those statistics. Pulled them out your :icon_razz: or something.

The population of minorities are increasing. Immigration is a huge problem in the U.S. Whites are producing at an offspring rate at 1.8%. This means 1.8 kids per 2 parents, which means the white population is going down. But you have minorities that are reproducing at rates between 3.1 and 6.5, which is astounding.

^^^ I don't understand why if someone is on the right (politically speaking) they tend to be racist/have racist views? Seriously, dude? Minorities are producing offspring at a rate higher than Whites, and that you think is a problem?

I just don't like dumb ass racist twats.

PS. In case you were wondering, not from the US of A and would describe myself politically, as a MLMist.

DeletedUser91571

I'm not sure about Wham's statistics... but here is the truth:

So called "african-Americans" represent just less than 14% of the total population of the USA. They collect about 37% of welfare and 22.5% of food stamps. I don't know the conversion to total population of the black community but the welfare number works out somewhere between 35% and 40% of the total community is collecting welfare. I don't know enough about the foodstamp program to run the numbers, and the fact that someone can be on welfare and also get foodstamps means that the numbers can't be added together anyway.

Bottom line is that the number... pure and percentage is staggering. And very, very sad.

I have friends that are black, not on welfare, don't collect food stamps, have jobs, and are the husband to the mother of their children. This is not about stereotypes... but specifically in the "inner cities", there is a cultural problem... that no one seems to want to recognize. And unfortunately, to many want to place blame - rather then find solutions. They quickly say, "Their ancestors were brought here as slaves against their will!" So what? Even if it were to be true... we are many generations down the road now. And, numbers again, less than 20% of the "african-american" citizens in the USA have ancestors that were part of the American slave trade.

There was a time in American history when virtually no one would give a job to an Irish immigrant. The canals in florida were dug mostly by irish immigrants because the work was considered to dangerous to use the slaves as they held value. The irishman didn't. So how come we don't make excuses everytime an irishman does something wrong? Why don't we have special programs and hiring quota's just for persons of irish decent? The answer is stupidly simple. They are harder to recognize so they can't be set aside as "special".

What happened to America the "Great Melting Pot"? A place that the past didn't matter... but a person earned their own respect for their actions... or condemnation as the case may be? All lost to "cultural sensitivity".