What is this nonsense?

DeletedUser

Im an old evony player and I decided to try something different. I cant seem to find a chat box on the game so I came to the forums to see if thats how u talk to people. And as im looking through the posts for this server every one says u have to be an experienced player lol? Grant you there are alot of nerds out there but theres not 1 post that doesnt say that. Its quite amuseing to me and I wanted to share my thoughts with u guys. When did games stop becomeing fun!

DeletedUser

The amount of elitism in this game is insane. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser110642

The game has gotten to the stage were elitism is everywhere only natural really for this kind of game after so many years, probably why the game is in decline it makes it harder for new players to get into the game.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Elitism, everywhere?

You've got to be kidding me.

Elitism died out ages ago for the most part.

Tribes completely lack standards.

Tribes claim they want experience, what they actually want are people with pulses.

Tribes with standards are primarily a thing of the past.

DeletedUser105209

This game has a steep learning curve, the best thing you can do is talk to people around you, make lots of friends and really go through all the guides and stuff in the scripts and independant tools section. It took a few worlds (or rimmings rather) for me to catch on :D

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This game has a steep learning curve, the best thing you can do is talk to people around you, make lots of friends and really go through all the guides and stuff in the scripts and independant tools section. It took a few worlds (or rimmings rather) for me to catch on :D

The learning curve is a bit unique actually, in that most players NEVER become more than merely mediocre, no matter how long they play. This includes most of the people claiming they want "experienced players only" - they're for the most part nothing special themselves. In fact the actual best tribes, the ones truly worth joining typically don't care about experience, they value intelligence and eagerness to learn over past experience.

I think the information needed to do well is easily available though, I think most players just never put in the effort required to really learn how to play well.

DeletedUser

totally agree with you, best advice ive seen in awile.......