What measures do you think a developing country can take to face climate changes?

DeletedUser54967

Hello everyone! I'm back here for a little while, I was bored on the net so I was wondering if, in the spirit of debate, we all decided to have a debate on this topic:)

I chose this topic because I thought that this would be one of the few topics that wouldn't be wasted.

The Great 1One1

Well many developing countries depend on natural resources as their main export, and these natural resources contribute to climate change, be it directly or indirectly. The only way that developing countries can help prevent this, would also include slowing down their economic growth, as the way with all countries, be it a developed country or a 3rd world country.

However, I am one of those that believes that climate change is an inevitable eventuality, whether humans cause it or not. I think humans are an influence on climate change, but only as an accelerator to the process.

DeletedUser

Developing countries can for starters make sure not to repeat similar mistakes to the west. For example, they can easily skip the 'dig up coal' stage entirely, same goes for inefficient cars, etcetera.

eevee is wild

Developing countries can for starters make sure not to repeat similar mistakes to the west. For example, they can easily skip the 'dig up coal' stage entirely, same goes for inefficient cars, etcetera.

Lmfao, funny comment Rukoh :icon_biggrin:

The Great 1One1

Well, many of the so-called developed countries had once had great empires expanding across the globe. The British Empire, at the height of its powers (around 19th century), covered over 1/5th of the world's overall land mass. During the time of the Breitish Empire, coal mining etc were the pinnacle of their growth. Of course, these acts would have extended to a lot of the countries under its rule. Therefore, a lot of these countries have been forced into the same mistakes as the west already ;)

DeletedUser

A lot of the western countries still use coal-mines, so in that regard, developing countries needn't repeat similar mistakes, as there are much more efficient methods available now.

DeletedUser75670

Not really in response to any other posts, but I watched a BBC horizon thiny on Nuclear Fusion and the guy blabbered about 'The Dave Theory' and bascially, even if we cut down the energy we all use drastically to a global equal of something small, we would still nneed loads of stuff like 1 wind turbine every 3 seconds, 1 nuclear (fission) reactor a month, 3 solar panels per minute or something insane like that.
bascially, we need nuclear fusion.

On topic, or off topic?
You decide.

DeletedUser54967

I hope that everyone read the topic carefully.
I asked "what measures can developing countries take?" not "what is the cause of global warming!"

DeletedUser

blame it on manic duh!! someone would have to hack the accnts to merge and disband the tribe :p