What to build out of a church village.

DeletedUser

Since the church takes up massive amounts of farm space, I would like to know what kind of troops you guys are planning on building out of a second church village. Do you guys think keeping it simple like a scout village is a good idea? Maybe using the leftover farm space to make defense would be best. Any ideas would be helpful.

DeletedUser

Just make it a defensive village...

...its ok to lose farmspace in a defensive village. Offensive village needs every farm spot it can get.

DeletedUser

No doubt, making it offensive would be a waste. I guess defense makes the most sense.

DeletedUser

There's no other alternative other than a defensive village, unless you get the pope to defend it..

DeletedUser

There's no other alternative other than a defensive village, unless you get the pope to defend it..

Pope Defense :
When your paladin obtains the special item "Piece of the Cross", he can call in the pope and his band of zealots at any given moment. The pope will appear after 3 hours and will remain in the village for 24 hours straight. The spiritual guidance the pope provides and the luxury hookers he brings along from the vatican give your troops a +1.000% defensive bonus. In addition, the pope brings another 15.000 zealots, which have the defensive capability of a spear a sword and an archer combined.

You mean this?

Well, I think it's quite interesting to turn it into a scout village, cause that way, you only get 1 weak village. If you were to make a seperate scout village, then there would be 2 villages with half a defensive army, who could be taken care of with a single nuke.

DeletedUser

Personally I reckon the majority of the CHURCH villages will be MIXED for the near future

Think about it

Then common sense will prevail - even a world that provides a CHURCH for us to PRAY not to have a load of n00bs building mixed villages around us there will will still be those that do and unfortunately until the NOBLES take control then

Jesus_Praying.JPG

DeletedUser

Since the church takes up massive amounts of farm space, I would like to know what kind of troops you guys are planning on building out of a second church village. Do you guys think keeping it simple like a scout village is a good idea? Maybe using the leftover farm space to make defense would be best. Any ideas would be helpful.

All scout village probably - Building an offensive village would be silly.

DeletedUser

Pope Defense :
When your paladin obtains the special item "Piece of the Cross", he can call in the pope and his band of zealots at any given moment. The pope will appear after 3 hours and will remain in the village for 24 hours straight. The spiritual guidance the pope provides and the luxury hookers he brings along from the vatican give your troops a +1.000% defensive bonus. In addition, the pope brings another 15.000 zealots, which have the defensive capability of a spear a sword and an archer combined.

You mean this?

Well, I think it's quite interesting to turn it into a scout village, cause that way, you only get 1 weak village. If you were to make a seperate scout village, then there would be 2 villages with half a defensive army, who could be taken care of with a single nuke.

is that pope defence thing true cause thats awsome! lol

DeletedUser

You seem to be missing an important element of this game:

Defense can be shifted around/stacked. Its the amount of troops that all defensive villages contribute, not just from the one with the church.

I don't see the church as necessarily a good place for a scout village or defensive village (or a combination). Either is fine. The only thing for sure is not to make it an offensive village--since offense cannot stack.

DeletedUser57808

I don't usually have a scout village until quite late on, don't know why.

I just suppose I will make them defensive to begin with, then prehaps make scouts later, having a combination of the two.

DeletedUser

i'd have to say defencive village. but then again it depends if the village i want a church in is a bonus village or not. and also what type of bonus.

i think logically, if someone uses a bonus village for their church it'll be a +10% population village.

DeletedUser

Maybe I'm just weird but everyone can target your churches if you use them as scout villages and someone knows

DeletedUser

i'd have to say defencive village. but then again it depends if the village i want a church in is a bonus village or not. and also what type of bonus.

i think logically, if someone uses a bonus village for their church it'll be a +10% population village.

Thats a waste of a bonus village that is better suited for offense.

DeletedUser

i suppose if it's frontline then yes i agree with you. but a normal village wouldn't it be best to have that bit of extra defence??

i know you could stack troops but this way you don't weaken other vills too much

Super fast

Scouts hands Down!

If you place your church's in the right areas you will not have to build any. Plus with the Church Taking 5K Pop and your Village taking another 3K You will still have enougth room for 10K+ Scouts. Witch makes you Invisible. Scouts are fast and can with 10K you can Easily Become Invisible to an enemy. Witch adds a new type of War.

DeletedUser

Scouts hands Down!

If you place your church's in the right areas you will not have to build any. Plus with the Church Taking 5K Pop and your Village taking another 3K You will still have enougth room for 10K+ Scouts. Witch makes you Invisible. Scouts are fast and can with 10K you can Easily Become Invisible to an enemy. Witch adds a new type of War.

Scouts take 2 pop each. That would add up to 28k pop.

DeletedUser

i suppose if it's frontline then yes i agree with you. but a normal village wouldn't it be best to have that bit of extra defence??

i know you could stack troops but this way you don't weaken other vills too much

Just dedicate more villages to defense if you need more troops. The size of farm space isn't as important for defensive villages. It is VERY important for offensive villages. Offense only gets one village to use per attack.

DeletedUser22924

well chruch being offensive = fail

church with full scouts or defence = sucess

i have spoken

DeletedUser

is that pope defence thing true cause thats awsome! lol

It is if you believe my child :icon_wink:

You seem to be missing an important element of this game:

Defense can be shifted around/stacked. Its the amount of troops that all defensive villages contribute, not just from the one with the church.

I don't see the church as necessarily a good place for a scout village or defensive village (or a combination). Either is fine. The only thing for sure is not to make it an offensive village--since offense cannot stack.

Yes, of course, but you seem to be forgetting the factor time here. You have to notice the attack in time. Cause if you don't, support won't arrive in time and you will probably lose your village. So if you have 2 half defensive villages instead of just 1 weak village, you have 2 weak spots that can be nobled easily. Whilst when you simply make that churchvillage a scouting village, you only have 1 weak spot. However, take in mind that the church village will be really vulnerable and is a vital element of your empire. But, the large amount of scouts will also provide protection here. Anyone scouting that village will most likely fail and won't be so eager to attack it.