What will happen to W7 in 2009

DeletedUser

The problem is, even you fell for my mind games numerous times, whereas I've only bought into yours as far as humanely possible to which I don't seem foolish, which is to say, not very far at all.

"I've only bought into yours as far as humanely possible to which I don't seem foolish, which is to say, not very far at all."

A perfect response to your claims of me falling into your mind games.

I have never given you any info I didn't mind you knowing. I have never done any work with you ingame. You have always been nothing but a benine tumor.

I'm amused that you actually let yourself believe that I 'fell for your games'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ryan13yr, I'm waiting for your answer. (reference page 18 this topic)

DeletedUser

Ryan13yr I want to know, what you would do.

(anyone else may answer this after Ryan13yr answers.)

scenario #1:

There is a prominent front line. No abandons as far as the eye can see on either side of the line.

Not even 116 point abandons?

You've done 45 separate nuke train waves (all fail every time) both you and they are stacked SO much that It's widely accepted that the
"lines" will never move in our life time. Your duke demands results from your group of 5 members within the next 30 days! Since the basics don't work what do you do?

Well, there isn't really enough information. How large are those 5 members? How many villages do they have? What is their backup? How many K's do they own behind and next to the fighting K?

How many villages are in the K? Where is the frontline located in the K? How many enemy K's are behind that front? Or beside it?

Do you have spies? Diplomacy with any nearby tribes? Ect ect.

I need alot more information to give you an accurate answer.

Your group has 250 attacking villages and 500 defensive. The enemy is believed to have the same offence/ defence village ratios, and you can send all the scouts you want with no luck of having one live out of the past scouting attempts.

Well, it looks like you are just talking about one frontline, with 5 players who have a total of about 750 villages, against another 5 players with 750 villages.

Simply, small groups vs. another small group is one of the least efficient ways to make gains, and it is usually why frontlines never have any movement.

However, this would be an efficient strategy:

Okay, so you have about 250 nukes to use. And that's it. And you have a total of 750 possible targets.

So, what you do is this:

First of all, since the enemy only has 500 turtles to use, you have to figure out how spread out you want their support to be, then figure out how many nukes are going to be needed on your real targets to clear them.

So, how about this? You decide you want to be bold, and make a big gain on this small frontline. So let's attempt to take.. 50 villages.

With 50 villages, you can only send 5 nukes to each.

So, now, let's figure out how spread out we have to make the enemies support to ensure that 5 nukes is enough to clear those villages.

How about.. 10 fake nukes to about.. 400 enemy villages.

The enemy will have 4000 incomings on 400 different villages, and only 500 turtles.

So, how will they determined which of those 400 villages have real incomings? There is no way to know.

So, they are forced to support all 400 of those villages with only a small amount of support.

So the 50 of those 400 will be cleared with 5 nukes.

It would go like this:

350 villages have 10 fake nukes sent to them.

50 of them have 5 fake nukes, and 5 real nukes sent to them (so that there will be no noticeable difference)

Those 5 players get a village as close as possible to their target, and build a train, so once the village is cleared, it can be sniped from the enemy.

After that, use those 500 turtles to quickly support your takings :)

As long as the fakes are timed correctly, and don't all land at abunch of different times, the enemy will have no possible way to get the correct amount of support in the villages that have real incomings before they land.

Your front line location is the southwestern corner of K 58 and southeastern corner of K57. Your groups turf is one full K width split evenly with both those K's listed above.

So it is a vertical frontline?

What would you do Ryan13yr?

I'm very eager to learn from the best here. (If you back out of this challenge I will lose all my respect for you and your "joking mouth".)

Hint: Jokes are only funny in the slightest since if you show us it's a joke.

I would like to learn some efficient ways to war from pros like yourselves.[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser

That makes sense to me.

Thank you Ryan13yr.

If anyone else would like to rip this scenario into pieces a different way, go right ahead.

I'm always eager to learn. :)

DeletedUser

That makes sense to me.

Thank you Ryan13yr.

If anyone else would like to rip this scenario into pieces a different way, go right ahead.

I'm always eager to learn. :)

There are alot of ways you could do it.

For instance, if you wouldn't want any offense to die, you could only take a few villages at once.

Oh, not to mention, those 250 nukes COULD turn into 250 cat nukes.. with like..200-400 cats in them.

If you use fakes, you can hit 50 villages in their backline and cat them to 116 points.

That's 50 nukes or 50 turtles down the drain for the enemy. Takes almost a month to fully rebuild a village, and none of those cat nukes would die.. they would return unharmed, ready to send out again.

DeletedUser53550

If you use fakes, you can hit 50 villages in their backline and cat them to 116 points.

That's 50 nukes or 50 turtles down the drain for the enemy. Takes almost a month to fully rebuild a village, and none of those cat nukes would die.. they would return unharmed, ready to send out again.

I was following you up to this point.

Since when does cating a village down kill support troops in another village?

Also, to take 50 villages from 10k to 116 points would take slightly more than the 250 cat nukes you describe.. I'm sure someone could be bothered to do the maths assuming zero defence in the village and optimal targetting of the cats.

DeletedUser53550

It takes nearly 500 cats to flatten a level 30 building. So - say 2 of your cat nukes assigned to farm, 3 x resource for 50 villages = 400 cat nukes.

Time to rebuild this? Assuming level 20 HQ minimum, infinite resource and PA would be less than the time to rebuild a cat nuke.

DeletedUser53550

Tnetz, in this scenario, basic nuke and hope isn't working (read the previous page). We are exploring alternate ideas.

DeletedUser

I was following you up to this point.

Since when does cating a village down kill support troops in another village?

Because at 116 points you can't build troops you fool.

Also, to take 50 villages from 10k to 116 points would take slightly more than the 250 cat nukes you describe.. I'm sure someone could be bothered to do the maths assuming zero defence in the village and optimal targetting of the cats.

It depends on how many cats are in the cat nuke. Something you obviously aren't thinking about :icon_wink:

You could have a cat nuke with 500 cats.

The first wave from the same villages has all the troops, and 100 cats, that targets one village. After that 100 cats hit alone, and target another village. Ect.

DeletedUser53550

Because at 116 points you can't build troops you fool.

It depends on how many cats are in the cat nuke. Something you obviously aren't thinking about :icon_wink:

You could have a cat nuke with 500 cats.

The first wave from the same villages has all the troops, and 100 cats, that targets one village. After that 100 cats hit alone, and target another village. Ect.

If your troops are already built, and supporting somewhere else (like, perhaps, the front-line) dropping a village to 116 pts does nothing. Yes, you can't build troops - why would you need to?

I used your example for a cat nuke (I believe you said 200 to 400 in each cat nuke) - clearly the optimum in one hit is dependent upon the target, but should never be 500.

DeletedUser

If your troops are already built, and supporting somewhere else (like, perhaps, the front-line) dropping a village to 116 pts does nothing.

As soon as the troops that the village owned are gone, they won't be back for 6-8 weeks, so it actually does quite a lot ;)

Yes, you can't build troops - why would you need to?

Because they would be killed. In war, turtles and nukes are killed all the time. If you can't rebuild them because your village is catted to 116 points, then you are in trouble.

DeletedUser53550

Let me understand your plan (as you've described above). You are cat nuking the core villages and attacking the frontline with your turtles?

Really Ryan - if you are going to explain a tactic, try and keep to the same scenario. It was 250 attack villages and 500 defence villages. You've used your 250 nukes to attack the core with cats - so the only troops remaining are the 500 defence villages.

Cool tactic

DeletedUser

You are cat nuking the core villages and attacking the frontline with your turtles?

.......what..?

You've used your 250 nukes to attack the core with cats - so the only troops remaining are the 500 defence villages

Congratulations on pointing out the obvious. I guess you want a medal now, right?

DeletedUser53550

Initial Scenario (as clarified by you)

Okay, so you have about 250 nukes to use. And that's it. And you have a total of 750 possible targets.

Your alternate approach (note, still 250 "attack" villages here)

Oh, not to mention, those 250 nukes COULD turn into 250 cat nukes.. with like..200-400 cats in them.

Then we have

As soon as the troops that the village owned are gone, they won't be back for 6-8 weeks, so it actually does quite a lot ;)

So - how are those troops going to die if you're not actually attacking them? You're out of nukes and although a defending player could suicide them, it's kind of a long-shot.

Come on Ryan - 250 cat nukes attacking the core villages.. what is attacking the front-line??

DeletedUser

Let me understand your plan (as you've described above). You are cat nuking the core villages and attacking the frontline with your turtles?

Really Ryan - if you are going to explain a tactic, try and keep to the same scenario. It was 250 attack villages and 500 defence villages. You've used your 250 nukes to attack the core with cats - so the only troops remaining are the 500 defence villages.

Cool tactic

Oh, good point.

NOT

A ram speed attack only takes 100 axe and 1 ram, which make up a very small percentage of a cat nuke.

And hey, why not make a few rams in your turtle villages to do fake attacks? Seriously, why even say anything at all Xaf?

DeletedUser53550

Come on Ryan - don't give up. I was just starting to enjoy your lesson in Tactics.

How do 250 attack villages, converted to 250 cat nukes (designed to flatten 50 villages away from the front line) also manage to kill the troops from these very same villages that are currently stationed *on* the front line?

I want to see how clever you are - how do you kill those troops??

DeletedUser53550

A ram speed attack only takes 100 axe and 1 ram, which make up a very small percentage of a cat nuke.

You'd not mentioned these fakes before - are these in addition to the 250 cat nukes or included in your total

And hey, why not make a few rams in your turtle villages to do fake attacks?

Why not indeed
Seriously, why even say anything at all Xaf?

Because I like to help you - at least exploring these tactics in an open forum saves you the effort of failing in the real TW world