What would you change about the game?

yodapt

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this question was asked already, but there is a good reason I am asking it now.

As we all know the game is dying, and the main reason is pay to win feature, which makes playing an unpleasant experience for most people who can't afford to compete by paying huge amounts of money to stay afloat. Supposing the game wasn't pay to win, do you still think the game is balanced enough for all players? Would you change anything about the game mechanics (like more troop units, more strategic opportunities, more resource types to produce)?

I'm very interesting in reading your feedback on this, for reasons I can't disclose on this forum.

Bobah

Reaction score
They only put in new features, when enough of the community used it via Scripts/Tools. E.g. the noble planner was a privately hosted external website combined with a script. It became so popular because of its usefulness that Inno build such a feature into the game a few months later.

Now have a look at Strongholds or Tribe Skills/Leveling: these features were implemented but never finished, going as far as leaving them partly untouched for years.

But since MTG (a swedish investment group) owns Inno its going down with every of their games. They look like in active developing, but TW2 for example is abandoned and will be closed as soon as the revenue isnt high enough anymore. The owner seems not interested in investing into the browser games (seriously what are investment groups supposed to do??) so we have to take it as we see it.

I just wish it would be 2010 again, life (ingame and outside) was way easier... :D

Last edited:

Lijit

Reaction score
They only put in new features, when enough of the community used it via Scripts/Tools. E.g. the noble planner was a privately hosted external website combined with a script. It became so popular because of its usefulness that Inno build such a feature into the game a few months later.

Now have a look at Strongholds or Tribe Skills/Leveling: these features were implemented but never finished, going as far as leaving them partly untouched for years.

But since MTG (a swedish investment group) owns Inno its going down with every of their games. They look like in active developing, but TW2 for example is abandoned and will be closed as soon as the revenue isnt high enough anymore. The owner seems not interested in investing into the browser games (seriously what are investment groups supposed to do??) so we have to take it as we see it.

I just wish it would be 2010 again, life (ingame and outside) was way easier... :D
Wow, I did not know this. I am just back also from a long TW sleeps...... Thx Bobah

duck that quacks

Reaction score

In general inno is making the same mistake I've seen other companies with games that were quite popular years ago make - for some reason, they seem to want to run away from the games that people still play (in inno's case it would be TW and FoE) and instead prefer to invest into new shitty games like they have been doing on the mobile market - Sunrise Village, Rise of Cultures and Lost Survivors were all launched in 2021 and may have seen a small peak of users at the beginning but I am sure now the games are pretty much all dead.
I do get the idea of investing into mobile games its a bigger market and more accessible etc etc etc, but the reality is that none of those games really brings anything new, to play any of those games i'd much rather play hay day or farmville lol, the one that is the most unique is rise of cultures but it is also a waiting game like playing worlds of tw and i dont think i know anyone who actively plays mobile games who would be interested in playing something like that.
If they instead had focused on either developing the TW idea, doing things like rebuilding the code and that allowing them to add new features into this game, possibly even making a client like LOL has and making speeds be the competitive mode and worlds the casual mode, I think that would 1st. have been able to reduce the seasonality of the game, since people play 1 world seriously and then take a few years break, and 2. would definitely call back on old players who left overtime because they see no change in the game or at least see no reason to play it.

I've been in the support team on the italian server, I've tried to voice my concerns over what inno has been doing (and what it hasn't been doing regarding the development of the game, lol) but in the end the way i got rewarded by doing that was by being kicked of the support team. That is just how inno behaves and sadly I don't see that changing anytime soon (and obviously any game developer that behaves that way will have a hard time to keep and bring new players in lol)

yodapt

Reaction score
In general inno is making the same mistake I've seen other companies with games that were quite popular years ago make - for some reason, they seem to want to run away from the games that people still play (in inno's case it would be TW and FoE) and instead prefer to invest into new shitty games like they have been doing on the mobile market - Sunrise Village, Rise of Cultures and Lost Survivors were all launched in 2021 and may have seen a small peak of users at the beginning but I am sure now the games are pretty much all dead.
I do get the idea of investing into mobile games its a bigger market and more accessible etc etc etc, but the reality is that none of those games really brings anything new, to play any of those games i'd much rather play hay day or farmville lol, the one that is the most unique is rise of cultures but it is also a waiting game like playing worlds of tw and i dont think i know anyone who actively plays mobile games who would be interested in playing something like that.
If they instead had focused on either developing the TW idea, doing things like rebuilding the code and that allowing them to add new features into this game, possibly even making a client like LOL has and making speeds be the competitive mode and worlds the casual mode, I think that would 1st. have been able to reduce the seasonality of the game, since people play 1 world seriously and then take a few years break, and 2. would definitely call back on old players who left overtime because they see no change in the game or at least see no reason to play it.

I've been in the support team on the italian server, I've tried to voice my concerns over what inno has been doing (and what it hasn't been doing regarding the development of the game, lol) but in the end the way i got rewarded by doing that was by being kicked of the support team. That is just how inno behaves and sadly I don't see that changing anytime soon (and obviously any game developer that behaves that way will have a hard time to keep and bring new players in lol)

How would you develop this game further?

duck that quacks

Reaction score
How would you develop this game further?
I've said things above, but first of all I wouldn't since im not a programmer lol
2nd of all, i'd split it into two phases
short term and long term

In short term much more can and has to be done, and some things dont even require any game development
I'd say the most urgent thing is having the same rules in every single server. you have servers like the UK server where fake scripts are literally bannable, while you have servers like .de where some tampermonkey scripts are allowed.
It doesn't make sense to, on a game where every single support team has access to the same tools, say that some things that are allowed in one server aren't in other.
In my opinion, this should be discussed by a group of like 15 players and 5 community managers. The players know what players need to play the game, the community managers would work as a balancing of what should and shouldn't be allowed especially given the fact that not every player uses scripts even. I think they could come to some agreement and the rules could be the same everywhere.
Doesn't make sense having some player who wants to switch between servers have to adapt to a ton of new things while they're still de facto playing the same game.
Other thing that has to be solved is coplaying. Not the case of the .net server, but some servers still say that coplaying is not allowed and is bannable, when it is completely impossible to regulate this since people can for example just play through teamviewer. Would still be coplaying, would not be detectable at all, and it would not make it fair for people who would coplay in more "detectable" ways to have them be banned and not all others coplaying be banned too.
In general people mostly change servers because their own may be badly managed, they could be checking other servers because theirs is going down in player count (which most are, but it is not exactly "mandatory" that every single server is going downhill, I can tell you that while I was in the support of the italian server we saw a pretty healthy and stable growth, both from players coming back and trying the game again, and also from people from other servers seeing that we were doing fun things for the game... which sure, means players are leaving other servers, but they only leave because the support could be doing a better job)

So that is something that in my opinion has to be reviewed as well, the entirety of the people who are in charge of the game. I've been in contact with a lot of CMs from all over the world, some would like to have more impact, others are just there to receive a paycheck at the end of the month. You need to keep the passionate people in and unfortunately say bye to those who don't care. Sadly, this is not the route they are walking towards because well, where's jawjaw? where's duckje? where's antimacht? where's cc? Who the hell are the new community managers of UK, ES, HU, NL, have you ever seen them in tw before? No, because they are simply CMs of other games from inno, which is great for inno since it allows them to cut costs, but i believe the cost of having someone in charge who is not passionate about the game is much greater than it'd be to pay a part time wage to someone who actually would like to help the game grow.
(obviously these changes would have to start from above lol)

Then when it comes to actual game development, more scripts need to be added into the game, there's no reason not to... For example, a mixture of keypress / LA enhancer / FarmGod has to be added to the game, even if it is behind a paywall like the farm assistant itself, i wouldn't necessarily mind i suppose, not that it would make much sense but if that would give them a reason to develop it then sure lol
A lot of scripts have just become key parts of the way people play the game. Having some more well informed people have access to it all and having beginners not know anything about it doesn't seem fair to me -> just add it into the game and make the tutorials better.

In the late game, as i mentioned above, I think the game can be turned into something much greater, speeds as the competitive mode, maybe making it somewhat similar to lol, but maybe even adding some sort of playground mode where players can build their own village or come up with new buildings and game settings and host a round with their friends (even if they'd have to pay for it, I'm sure a lot of people would)
You see this being done in other games nowadays and it works great, just look at fortnite, they're basically becoming the "new minecraft" as in you can create and design your own world and do everything, and tribalwars, on a smaller scale, could also offer that and possibly build up from there

Ideas and possibilities is not what is lacking - what is lacking is the willingness of the people above to make changes.
Can't blame the community managers for that, that is something that is completely out of their control sadly, but the game could indeed be much greater, at least in my opinion.

Bobah

Reaction score
I think it actually provides some useful advantages to have different rules in every region, because this way Inno has the opportunity to test a variation of rules to improve them faster against exploits. Also, it makes the play style in every region a bit differently, what means more freedom of choice for the players.
The only problem is the speaking barrier. If you know the layout of the game good enough, you can play in every region anyway and use tools like DeepL to chat with your neighbors. But a browser extension or even a build in multiple language support would be really nice, especially to be able to take part in the Italian speed rounds without the need to understand Italian! :D

At some point, Inno went from voluntarily CMs to paid social media managers and moved all devs they didn't fire to other projects, that all failed. Since then, the running games got little to zero improvements, so every year there are fewer players and that means less money to pay devs. But because improving the game is now the job of voluntary scripters, these “updates” only last as long as a scripter is active. When he/she disappears, it's only a matter of time until thy scriptes become broken.

The only hope we can have is to get the game back in care taking hands before the owning company gets closed, and if that happens we have to revive twLAN... d^L^b

duck that quacks

Reaction score
Its not a matter of having different rules, the tools accessible to the moderation are the same everywhere as i mentioned before
The rules being different thing mostly is things that are not really moderateable

Sure, it does make the playstyle different everywhere
but that doesnt mean its necessarily good lol
on the PT/BR servers, things are so out of control that if you want to play a world seriously (look at w126 BR for reference), you need
- at least 2 full tribes to compete
- tribes of multi accounts, that are then conquered by the main accounts
some people do these accounts themselves with a different internet, others pay people to do it who i assume either use a proxy or use a bot to upgrade the villages. don't think anyone has been banned for pushing yet, btw.
- tribes of players who aren't playing the world, but join to make premium points, so you can conquer them and go up and control an area on the map
- you need "seas of barbarian villages", which basically is using the link to invite a player to the world a lot of times. that will make it so a lot of villages are spawned around a specific player / around an area on the map, all those accounts eventually get banned but it is not relevant, the villages stay there, and after 2 weeks (i think) of inactivity the villages turn barbarian, and you then have a much bigger density of villages in the map in a specific area because of that, improving your potential defense and also improving farm in the short term.
some examples :
top1 tribe : https://br126.tribalwars.com.br/guest.php?screen=map&x=512&y=466&beacon#562;436
top2/3 tribe : https://br126.tribalwars.com.br/guest.php?screen=map#416;467
top4 tribe : https://br126.tribalwars.com.br/guest.php?screen=map#485;415
top 5 tribe : https://br126.tribalwars.com.br/guest.php?screen=map&x=515&y=566&beacon#529;598

you can also notice that all the barbarian villages there have less points, that is obvious since they've had less time to develop than the ones that spawned in the beginning of the world. every top tribe does this (btw, this is not "mandatory", since some of the bot accounts are upgraded, i've seen some tribes just upgrade the mines to lv1, i've seen others upgrade the accounts more, the idea of this is that when the villages become barbarian you wanna farm them, and if they have mines 0 its pretty much pointless). they have some sort of a bot that does this for them, they just pay a guy to do that and voila. some tribes even have multiple of these.

- in general, you need bots.
everyone uses some sort of bot, farming bot, scavenging bot, balancing bot, attack scheduler bot. this mostly happens because the tools that the game gives the players are simply insufficient. and if you are someone who is joining a world and wants to win or have a chance at winning, you are forced to use these things because if not you simply cant play the game.

and this is what different rules leads to xD
you dont see any of this on .net thankfully, but it is something that exists and it ruins the game completely. the only way to solve this is to merge the rules and crack down harder on instances where this happens.

players should always have freedom of choice i agree, but the game is still the same
this freedom thing is only necessary because everything is managed in a different way
which is ok it would be fine if by "different" it was meant worlds being done differently, some rules being handled slightly differently, but no, what it means is that some CMs genuinely don't care about the game and others kinda do and so players want to move to those servers xD

i agree with that though, there should be the possibility of playing in every server with every language, there have been multiple instances where that was requested, for example the greek server tried having their speeds in english because greek is unreadable except for greek people, but they were always refused that. i can see why lol, for the same reason as people on PT server being censored whenever they mention an external server - the people above don't even want players to know that there are more servers beyond the server of the players' language, because if players are made aware that some other server is better managed and tries to come up with more fun initiatives, then everyone will just move onto playing in that one lol

well yes, but they still have developers for tribalwars, i think they have 2 devs specifically for tw, it is a small number but its definitely better than nothing
but yea, i suppose the problem of having paid people is that it goes from being a hobby because you like the game, to it being a job and you kinda just do what you're told to do
but that is not even the case anymore as they just get CMs from other games to come moderate tribalwars...