Where's the competition

DeletedUser

Was wondering why there were no ladies in my tribe.They are all cheerleading you guys,,grrr :icon_cry:

This world has not been won yet and we are far from it. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser88324

you can add whip cream and a cherry to a turd but that doesn't make it icecream, a turd is a turd, no matter how fancy it looks.

haha Garrock, thanks for that, nice laugh as well as a good description.

w67 - Olly1234

Last edited:

Garrock

I feel that any world where the tribes didn't just merge when they went inactive instead of warring further down the line are the ones that deserve less greatness for winning the world. However ANY tribe that wins a world can be regarded as a good tribe. I'm not sure why your expectations are now for us to easily win the world when we're only #1 in 2 k's i believe. We still have a long ways to go, and you're assuming that the expectation is to win this world easily, and anything else is a failure. Well Mattcurr is quitting soon, and i'm sure plenty of players will head out WITH him. We still have to deal with that i hope you realize.

And as far as inspiration within the tribe goes, that's why we have tribe cheerleaders to cheer us up!

I'm sorry, did I say Gray wasn't good? I merely pointed out that you are the odds on favorite to win the world as things stand now, should you win the world, then expectations met, should you fail, then you are an under achiever. In the public's eyes it is impossible to "exceed" expectations.

By no means do I consider this world over, nor do I think Gray will win the world, even if they remain active. But, perception and numbers are in their favor.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, did I say Gray wasn't good? I merely pointed out that you are the odds on favorite to win the world as things stand now, should you win the world, then expectations met, should you fail, then you are an under achiever. In the public's eyes it is impossible to "exceed" expectations.

By no means do I consider this world over, nor do I think Gray will win the world, even if they remain active. But, perception and numbers are in their favor.

Surely there's a way to win the world in extraordinary fashion...

DeletedUser109388

You're now talking in circles...I understand that you think gray is good...However you keep going back to the fact that it's expected and that it's nothing special to win the world. I feel dominating any world no matter the odds is still good...Then you keep talking about how it's expected, but then you DON'T expect them to win the world? How does that work? You're expecting us to win, at the same time as not expecting us to win...

DeletedUser

There's a temporal shift, noob. Chocolate covered turds will win the world.

Garrock

You're now talking in circles...I understand that you think gray is good...However you keep going back to the fact that it's expected and that it's nothing special to win the world. I feel dominating any world no matter the odds is still good...Then you keep talking about how it's expected, but then you DON'T expect them to win the world? How does that work? You're expecting us to win, at the same time as not expecting us to win...

One more time: You stack the lineup, you merge to the top, you haven't fought a meaningful war... Rather than build through war, you take the easy path. You now have a lineup of well knowns, public perception is that you "should" win the world, which diminishes the accomplishment in many people's eyes. You should win the world, the vast majority think either you'll win the world or fail due to inactivity, so if you do win the world, you'll do what is expected of you, if you don't, then most will see it as an under-achievement.

You have avoided competition to rise to the top, not uncommon, and not being critical, but to expect accolades for merging a lot of the worlds best talent, when it is nothing exceptional is ludicrous. To also think that it is some awe inspiring feat to win the world by that approach is ludicrous also.

Kudos if you win the world, I don't think you will, but none-the-less it will be yours. I just don't believe that merging the best tribes into one is A) inspiring for your members, at least for me it wouldn't be. B) Winning when a large portion of the world's talent merged to tip the scales heavily in their favor isn't special either.

It's not wrong, but don't try and sell it for something it isn't (the point of the turd analogy).

You can rationalize all you want, it doesn't change what is so evidently clear to just about everyone, except those in Gray, and I'm sure for some they secretly feel the same way. I know some former members who do.

Get it? Go read it again... if you still don't get it, then there is no point in continuing the discussion.

DeletedUser105935

As the statement below says you think they have all the world talent this is not true i know of atleast30 -40 world winners andgreat players sitting silently on this world and there are yet more to join some like starting on rim.

so lets just say the world is far fromover some guys here will be surprised who is playing this word including some double world winner soon to be triple.

Winning when a large portion of the world's talent merged to tip the scales heavily in their favor isn't special either.

Garrock

As the statement below says you think they have all the world talent this is not true i know of atleast30 -40 world winners andgreat players sitting silently on this world and there are yet more to join some like starting on rim.

so lets just say the world is far fromover some guys here will be surprised who is playing this word including some double world winner soon to be triple.

Winning when a large portion of the world's talent merged to tip the scales heavily in their favor isn't special either.

I'm sorry, when did "a large portion" come to mean "all"?

Child in time

Look Garrock, thing is, I don't have any expectations about our tribe. If, according to you, the rest of the world will assume we'll beat everybody else, and that even a gangbang of the rest of top 10 on us won't be a surprise if won by us, then whose problem is that? It certainly isn't mine. Is it yours? Is it the problems of others that there are high expectations of us, and of what we would/could do? Of course not.

There will always be competition. If the problem is that the pool of talent is too big in our tribe to balance it out with the rest of the world, then fine: you guys could also just quit in advance then, and let us noble up scraps for a few months or so and then this world is finished - since it will hold no surprise if we'd steamroll over the rest anyway.

EDIT: before people start assuming that I'm being completely arrogant here (since English is only my second language, I sometimes mistake the tone of the message) - I'm simply wondering why it is such a problem that the current situation is as it is.

Garrock

Look Garrock, thing is, I don't have any expectations about our tribe. If, according to you, the rest of the world will assume we'll beat everybody else, and that even a gangbang of the rest of top 10 on us won't be a surprise if won by us, then whose problem is that? It certainly isn't mine. Is it yours? Is it the problems of others that there are high expectations of us, and of what we would/could do? Of course not.

There will always be competition. If the problem is that the pool of talent is too big in our tribe to balance it out with the rest of the world, then fine: you guys could also just quit in advance then, and let us noble up scraps for a few months or so and then this world is finished - since it will hold no surprise if we'd steamroll over the rest anyway.

EDIT: before people start assuming that I'm being completely arrogant here (since English is only my second language, I sometimes mistake the tone of the message) - I'm simply wondering why it is such a problem that the current situation is as it is.

Nevermind, edited out the entire post, and no it wasn't a flame.

Try re-reading what I wrote, as you are addressing things I never actually said, or even implied.

Last edited:

mattcurr

I do not, and have stated this, believe you will win the world, even if you remain active. I do not believe you are the only talent in the world either. I merely point out that your tribal hugging ways will, at least in the publics eyes, create expectations for you that are unlikely to be met. With those expectations, even should you win the world, "greatness" will elude you, as you won't have done anything that isn't expected of you. In contrast, you create an environment where expectations for other tribes is minuscule by comparison. Thereby giving others a chance to achieve greatness and respect as a tribe in this community, something you cannot hope to attain here now.

In my opinion Matt's tribe houses probably 40 of the best 50 players on this world, and if active the end of the world winner is a foregone conclusion, and the world lacking any real quality conflicts or even ennoblements.

/facepalm OMG another person who cannot read, or properly comprehend English.
, I dislike bullies, whether they hide behind a computer screen or in real life, and make it a point to oppose them. You condescend, you brag, you flame and you insult. What hell your real world must be.

Interesting, you should stop this other garrock from posting, he continually contradicts this other garrock that is posting, and us simpiltons who cant understand english get confused :(

Last edited:

Garrock

Interesting, you should stop this other garrock from posting, he continually contradicts this other garrock that is posting, and us simpiltons who cant understand english get confused :(

My point is, competition breeds determination, without it the game, regardless of what game, becomes dull. I imagine, if I had joined the Grey premade, if the Durx merger didn't prompt me to leave the tribe, this new merger with Aflac would. Either that, or just quit the world. In my opinion Matt's tribe houses probably 40 of the best 50 players on this world, and if active the end of the world winner is a foregone conclusion, and the world lacking any real quality conflicts or even ennoblements.

For the full context. Note, I mentioned that I would have left the tribe. Meaning opposed your tribe. Also, embellished of course about the 40/50 best. In the eyes of many it is a foregone conclusion, or would appear to be. You currently hold 17 of the top 30 spots I believe or something close to that. It's not necessarily wrong, it's my opinion. Disagree? Then debate the point.

The point no less valid.

- Merged the best players from the best tribes without conflict.
- You hold the large proportion of world talent
- You can't hope to exceed the expectations of the public.

Who's bullying here? It's a discussion, and not my fault those in your tribe who come here are not comprehending the posts. Have only made a few posts to try and clarify, assuming they actually want to understand.

PS.. at the time the thread was created you had even more of the top 10/20 spots locked up.

Last edited:

mattcurr

Yes but notice how you dropped one point? The actual point I was showing you contradicted. You clearly stated that if we stay active it is a forgone conclusion who will win. Then you said you dont think we will even if we do remain active. Your other points are not what I am saying you are contradicting. Perhaps instead of making fun of a non-native speakers English you should get your own argument straight prior to continuing. There is no winning this point, you clearly stated you never stated you thought we would win, yet you clearly said exactly that and had the audacity to make fun of people who were merely paraphrasing your own words.

Garrock

Yes but notice how you dropped one point? The actual point I was showing you contradicted. You clearly stated that if we stay active it is a forgone conclusion who will win. Then you said you dont think we will even if we do remain active. Your other points are not what I am saying you are contradicting. Perhaps instead of making fun of a non-native speakers English you should get your own argument straight prior to continuing. There is no winning this point, you clearly stated you never stated you thought we would win, yet you clearly said exactly that and had the audacity to make fun of people who were merely paraphrasing your own words.

I did address it mate... you are right, it's what I wrote, though the intent was that it "would appear to be a foregone conclusion". We'll see how it goes brother. ;)

Edited to add: That the task against your tribe seems less daunting now than at the time the thread was created. Though my perspective has not changed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

How much talent is out there, this is a serious question.

I was enticed to come back and see how much the game has changed, ever since I quit years ago. Although there are some good players out there, but so far, most of the players I have fought tend to be not as tenacious as I had remember back from say World1 :(

I can't believe how fast we managed to pointw**** our way to top 100 so quickly :(

Maybe Matt's tribe can practice what W1 T:V used to do, goad the whole world to attack them in an attempt to save their own players quit due to boredom/lack of competition. We practiced forum censorship, attack anyone on the external forum who we did not like, and Amazon Jim even played spin the bottle and pick a random target to hit.