Why molasses in the arctic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I looked at the announcements section just now and found W50 settings. Oddly, we are blocked from posting there so I have to post here even though it is completely unrelated to W49. TW politics I suppose.

Anyways, why is the speed for land units 0.6? And what about the speed for air and naval units? On W49 the land speed is 1 which seems okay... not too fast that people get hogtied while offline and not so slow as to make attacks more than 7 hexes away too agonizing to consider.

0.6?? It will feel like we are using armies of ruptured turtles to make war with. The only good thing is maybe it makes noble spamming riskier but that also has the negative effect of forcing everyone to rely more on noble trains which can be quite tedious to assemble.

Beleaguered Tribemate: "Hey Bob, can you hit this guy next to me to stop him from catting my base into moonscape?"

Bob: "Yeah sure, my army will be there in just over 2 weeks."

Now More Beleaguered Tribemate: "Uh thanks I guess. When does world 51 start?"

DeletedUser

There was a survey where people got to choose about the unit speed and most chose 0.6.

As for W51, keep checking the Announcements section, they'll post a thread when they are ready to launch.

DeletedUser

There was a survey where people got to choose about the unit speed and most chose 0.6.

As for W51, keep checking the Announcements section, they'll post a thread when they are ready to launch.

I know it was voted for but I am deeply addled as to why people would want such a slow speed.

DeletedUser

I know it was voted for but I am deeply addled as to why people would want such a slow speed.

They gave choices of 0.4, 0.5 and 0.6, so people chose the fastest of the 3. We didn't have a choice to choose the speed by ourselves.

DeletedUser

They gave choices of 0.4, 0.5 and 0.6, so people chose the fastest of the 3. We didn't have a choice to choose the speed by ourselves.

Any word on why the speed choices were all so slow? Reducing the drag on the servers perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.