Why??? We want to know!

DeletedUser

Hi guys

As a kind of continuation on from Bullroarer's thread about in game names, I thought it might be interesting to see how and why people ended up playing tribalwars.

It's probably been done in the past, but meh I'm bored and it's time to do it again ":)

I'll start with myself.

I started playing tw a couple of years ago as a way of passing wow server maintenance Tuesdays - from memory I did a google for a MMO/Free MMO and bingo.

Funnily enough I don't play wow anymore, and tribalwars is the game I spend the most time on nowadays. ":icon_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

rich26ca

LOl, i'll bite

I started almost 4 years ago... started a new job that was alot of comp/phone work but was always dead in the afternoon... was playing a lame game on facebook called kinghthood. and when i gave that up i went searching and found tribalwars.

several promotion and still behind a comp all day see me play all day and usually into the night, lol..

Quite addictive game.

DeletedUser

LOl, i'll bite

I started almost 4 years ago... started a new job that was alot of comp/phone work but was always dead in the afternoon... was playing a lame game on facebook called kinghthood. and when i gave that up i went searching and found tribalwars.

several promotion and still behind a comp all day see me play all day and usually into the night, lol..

Quite addictive game.

You're not wrong mate ":)

I'm in a similar vote, although I try not to play too much at work as I tend to get too into it and not get stuff done - by my own admission online gaming is my crack, (you can probably imagine the extremes I took wow to when I was playing it, which is pretty much why I quit playing), which is why I forced myself to learn to start controlling myself in terms of when I play.

I still play way too much but meh, once a gamer always a gamer ":)

DeletedUser

I get paid to play guitar for a living, and I have enough free time....this game is like Risk but more technical lol

DeletedUser

Friend (bigAlemos2) saw an ad on Facebook, got hooked, got me hooked, left for college after a year of playing, I can't seem to quit.

DeletedUser

I am self employed, so can play at work quite easily (I work in a music studio). My son got me started about 18 months ago.

HeftySmurf

followed some noobs who played it.
They mainly got owned, i did good :3

DeletedUser

Originally I played RS before this game, I got haxxz0rd on that, and quit.
Amongst looking for a new game to compensate for it, I found TW. Spammed referral links to some of my friends when w1 started, every single one of us got absolutely raped.

Since then I got the hang of the game after the 2nd/3rd noblement on w1, joined w2 when it came out, and been playing W2 since and been kicking ass :icon_wink:.

Though tbh, I have more fun modding you lot then playing nowadays, just too lazy to send troops on w2 :S

And now you have Dwarveneree's history :p

DeletedUser

someone at skl joined and got owned :icon_sad:

i remember them good old days of me scared of 12 oncomings o_O

but i got like 20 of my mates playing it they all got owned and im the only one left playing xD

dwarv - copletely off-topic but , can you infract yourself or otehr mods ? o_O

DeletedUser

roomie in college was like yo check this game joined world 14 mad late had no clue got rimmed like 1st month then this world just opened gave it a shot and here i am

DeletedUser

but i got like 20 of my mates playing it they all got owned and im the only one left playing xD

dwarv - copletely off-topic but , can you infract yourself or otehr mods ? o_O

Same here, though my cousin plays occasionally.
But nope, I can't lol.
Why?

DeletedUser

roomie in college was like yo check this game joined world 14 mad late had no clue got rimmed like 1st month then this world just opened gave it a shot and here i am

story sounds familiar lol... :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

hmm my little brother showed me this game and i started playing in secret cuz i wanted to noble him. but he was too far away at the time. He was in ~TCR~ and then i got nobled and started over in k29 and he quit and i grew.

DeletedUser47445

I was playing a game at freeonlinegames.com when i saw an annoying pop-up (Man I wish my pop-up blocker had been better :icon_wink:) at the bottom of my screen. When i tried to click it off it came up. The screen this led me to also had a pop-up with that said TRIBAL WARS and then just like that i started playing and got addicted.

DeletedUser

ahh lol i was just thinking if i was a mod id give other mods like 50infractions just for lol'z :lol:

Hence the reason you'll never be a mod lol. :lol:

Originally I played RS before this game, I got haxxz0rd on that, and quit.

LMAO. I had an account called l33t haxo0r :lol:

I too came from RS after playing that for around 4 years. I got pissed when they took away pking and that basically did it for me. I had multiple accounts there and many relied on pking for money so after that went away I was pretty much done. One of my RS friends had started playing TW in w9 and convinced me to come along and join him there and that was that :)

DeletedUser

hmm my little brother showed me this game and i started playing in secret cuz i wanted to noble him. but he was too far away at the time. He was in ~TCR~ and then i got nobled and started over in k29 and he quit and i grew.

lol, that's funny did your little brother found out that your playing?