Winner Of The Server War: Post Game Wrap-Up

DeletedUser

Six years ago, a world-wide Server War began between 2 Super Power Families when FF declared on Cult. MDPs with two other Super Powers were called upon to join in and the sides were:

Fidelis Fraternitas (FF), 5 tribes, allied to and having a Mutual Defense Pact (MDP) with Descendants of Death, (D*D), 2 tribes
VS:
Cult of the Blood Red Moon, (Cult), 25 tribes, allied to and having a Mutual Defense Pact (MDP) with the Off Topic Brotherhood, (OT), 12 tribes

After two years, FF merged into D*D, leaving D*D to fight the remainder of the war solo against Cult and OT. About a year ago, Cult also merged into their ally, OT. During 2012, D*D had their best year ever, cleaning out several large clusters of enemies in the core, making big gains in the NE directly into OT territory and significant gains on the SW front. By years end, over a span of several months, OT began contacting D*D leaders repeatedly with offers to arrange for a ceasefire. Eventually D*D gave in and granted the ceasefire with a plan to end the world by merging top players into one tribe to reach the required points to end W3.

It could be argued that the Server War ended with the fall of FF or, after both FF and Cult had fallen since the war originated in a dispute between the two. This left the status of the server war in a gray area since without the original families present, OT and D*D had no obligation to continue. However, they did continue fighting and D*D was winning in 2012. With OT's persistant requests for a ceasefire, and D*D acceptance of the offer, this constitutes a de facto surender of OT to D*D, leaving D*D as winner of the Server War. Please note that as of today, of all the Super Power Families, D*D is the last man standing: http://i.imgur.com/qS3J7p9.png

I'm pleased to announce this on behalf of D*D Family. Congratulations to all past and present D*D members for standing tall against 50 enemy tribes. While all our W3 Super Power famiies are legendary in TW history, you are a legend among legends. All hail D*D!

http://i.imgur.com/Z2uOJIr.png
D*D Tribal Coat of Arms and Profile

Congratulations to our outstanding W3 founding family leaders:
mattaus (FF Family)
kreger (Cult Family)
Rumpie (D*D Family)
OT Council, esp the diplomatic team

Honorable Mention to these outstanding Second Generation Leaders who saw their families through challenging times:
503tsx (FF Family)
Angeldream (Cult Family)
Dragonzheart, formerly Ayaghi, (Cult Family)
Tibarius (D*D Family)
MrsC (OT Family)

Special thanks to some of the people who have been a source of personal inspiration and/or support to me:

PierreSosa
First wolf
FreeStyler_
RIP06
Mianra
mattaus
The Flood
RedLance
digitome/503tsx
Brvs10/OldDude
Pogues (original player)
GoldenSummit (original player)
Wander
Tibarius
Fireborne
kreger (original player)

There are many tribes and players who deserve a shout-out, too many to mention here, so I'm sorry for that.

Thanks and best wishes to all World 3 players!

The Kahn, Caroline

DeletedUser7126

I will be the first to admit that I wasn't very active for the last year or so of this world and I don't know all negotiations that went on.

What I do know is that a "merge" never happened and that OT wasn't the only one that wanted this so to say that DD gave in is inaccurate.

What actually happened was a new tribe was formed. Did we want the world to end? Yes! Did we care if the new tribe actually ended the war? Not in the least!

We took players small and big. The only criteria was activity. Wether you had 70 million points or 20 thousand. Made no difference to either me or badgirl. We based decisions on wether the player deserved to be in the tribe. Not all people that deserved to be in the tribe made it and that was because they chose not to be.

What we did care about was getting everyone that we could that actually done things on this world to get things done. We didn't want the players that has "exams" every time an attack was coming in. We didn't want the player that ignored support mails or op mails. We wanted the players that cares about there fellow TW players and devoted their spare time to the game.

DD took a vote on wether to merge and it was voted down. People that haven't taken a village or helped a tribe member in two years voted no. That was laughable!! They just wanted to continue to ride the coat tails of players like Wander, Tibs, and 503tsx. I can't begin to add up the premium I bought for players because they said they would put it to good use only to log in and see them freakjng yellow.

When the merge was voted down. I was very upset to say the least for reasons listed above. After a couple of mails between myself and another player, we decided that a new tribe was in the cards. A tribe that didn't house half hearted players. So, in a nut shell, that's how the great OWP won this world.

When I looked at your mentioned players I was floored! Not that I need any praise from you but because I busted my butt trying to get DD cleaned of its players that dragged us down for years only to get shot down for years. I guess the status quo to stay in DD was to not help?

Anyway, whatever. I don't need your praise or anyone else's. I don't what was right by all active members of TW world 3 by starting the new tribe and I don't care who likes or who don't!

What I care about is that the great player of this world like Wander, 503, banpkein, AP, PO, Badgirl, MrsC, fire, the list could go on and on, they all got to see an end to a world they fought hard in and made friends in. I envy all of them cause I couldn't do it.

Phylo

I'm sorry Caroline. You are seeing it wrong...

I know noting about the negotiations that gave birth to OWP, except that the idea was to join all the active players of the all world in one single tribe. However, I know about numbers...

Side 1:
Tribes: D*D
Side 2:
Tribes: OL

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 6,143
Side 2: 9,256
Difference: 3,113

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 56,359,021
Side 2: 88,871,544
Difference: 32,512,523

chart

DeletedUser

Steve, I've always looked up to you for your many talents as a player and a leader, and I've been grateful for your friendship. But I've never thought of you as being in the mentor category in my mind. Please don't be offended or take that in a bad way. Conversely, there are probably a few people who would be surprised to see their names on my list. I'm a bit surprised at the list myself.

Do you remember the times in the past, when OT and Cult had a better prospect of winning the Server War, they were approached by D*D ArchDukes twice with ceasefire offers, once by you, and once by Pogues? Those offers were turned down both times.

Determining the winner for the Server War and meeting the game requirements to win the world are two separate issues. If any other tribe/family can step forward and make the claim to have won the Server War, I'll be happy to debate it.

Phylo

Again Caroline, you are seeing it wrong.

There was no winner. Both sides were balanced and the war would have last forever...

The only winners are the active players from both sides. The winners are all the players that fought and had fun for years, again, on both sides.

There was no need to say "I won", "my tribe won", or anything like that.

Forget the "I win", "I'm better then all of you". We all won, as we had fun and made good friends on both sides of the "war"...

So, all the winners got together in one big, great, single tribe, celebrating the time we were together enjoying the game :icon_wink:

DeletedUser23106

I'm sorry Caroline. You are seeing it wrong...

I know noting about the negotiations that gave birth to OWP, except that the idea was to join all the active players of the all world in one single tribe. However, I know about numbers...

Side 1:
Side 2:

Side 1: 6,143
Side 2: 9,256
Difference: 3,113

chart

Side 1: 56,359,021
Side 2: 88,871,544
Difference: 32,512,523

chart

are you serious? really? since the world is over ill stop holding my tounge...
if your gonna post forever stats then you have to post every single tribe that was in the war...which is impossible since none of them exist
kahn said d*d is winning 2012, sooo y not post 2012 stats not forever stats, since 90% of the war we were attacking cult which doesnt exist so we cant show them stats anyways.. seriously next person that posts forever stats is getting a nasty email from me possibly with a picture of my 400lb grandma at the beach

DeletedUser

This is the period I'm referring to. 2012 up to the time when merge/ceasefire talks went to voting stage. The full gains for D*D can not be displayed in TW stats since Cult no longer exists.

Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: 01/01/2012 00:00:00 to 01/11/2012 00:00:00

Total conquers:

Side 1: 33,253
Side 2: 29,012
Difference: 4,241

chart

Side 1: 4,002
Side 2: 3,282
Difference: 720

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 273,180,680
Side 2: 264,782,098
Difference: 8,398,582

chart

Side 1: 36,210,276
Side 2: 31,730,004
Difference: 4,480,272

chart

DeletedUser

Jesus Kahn - you've deleted and gone! You were against the merge and lied to everyone in D*D about our motives and therefore not invited to end the world with the active D*D and OT/Cult. Why do you care anymore and keep posting your delusional BS? Its so pathetic. Honey move on!

DeletedUser

Jesus Kahn - you've deleted and gone! You were against the merge and lied to everyone in D*D about our motives and therefore not invited to end the world with the active D*D and OT/Cult. Why do you care anymore and keep posting your delusional BS? Its so pathetic. Honey move on!

I have no intention of moving on. I have every right to post here to discuss the accomplishments of W3 players. And in the future, I would appreciate if you stay on topic with this thread and refrain from talking down to me like that.

Phylo

You are right, we can't have stats from tribes, as they are gone.

But, as you know, I was alone in my tribe and we can have my stats...

Side 1:
Players: Phylo
Side 2:

Side 1: 178
Side 2: 0
Difference: 178

chart

Side 1: 1,646,770
Side 2: 0
Difference: 1,646,770

chart

Shouldn't I say that Tuga won??? But it would be ridiculous...

Forget it please. It doesn't mater anymore...

You are old enough to know that this is a game, it is like chess, it is not a life fight, it is only meant to have fun and, when it is time, it comes to an end.

Why are you so bitter, so in need to cry "I'm the best!!!"? You are almost behaving like a 14 yo in an identity crisis...

DeletedUser

Actually, Kahn, you might be interested to know that the first person to bring up a "ceasefire" was Pogues. He brought it to Kreger and I a couple years ago. Twice. He wanted end game then and we weren't ready for it.

DeletedUser

Actually, Kahn, you might be interested to know that the first person to bring up a "ceasefire" was Pogues. He brought it to Kreger and I a couple years ago. Twice. He wanted end game then and we weren't ready for it.

Thank you for that providing that information MrsC, but I point out to you respectfully that I've already mentioned past offers in post #4

Forget it please. It doesn't mater anymore...

Phylo, Surely you don't believe that after all his hard work, D*D ArchDuke Tibarius deserves no acknowledgement for a sustained 11 month period of winning immediately prior to OT asking for an end to the server war? Are you saying this achievement doesn't matter and it would be immature for someone to mention this? Correct me if I've misunderstood you.

My offer still stands. If any other tribe/family will come forward with evidence that indicates that they are entitled to claim as winner of the Server War, I will be happy to debate it.

DeletedUser108278

and the pogues that was on the account 2 years ago quit, doesn't matter that he did ask for one.

DeletedUser

(banpeikun here, if you didn't realize)

To be honest, I don't give a damn who "won" world 3. For the first few years of this world, the battles were always interesting, whether it be back when D*D was battling with TIA or whether it was a battle with a core tribe. But a couple of years into the server war, this world just died. We still had active players on both sides, but their main priorities were no longer on the war. The biggest priority in the world became security --- making sure your inactives didn't go gray and give up a big chunk of villages. That just made the server war extremely unsatisfying. Although we all targetted inactives on the other side at some point because they're easier caps, that notion destroyed the fun of the world.

Some of my most enjoyable times in this world were actually when I was under attack. I loved the challenge of having to defend from great players like PO, AP, Oscarius, etc. on the war fronts. But before the switch to OWP, it had been months since I had seen any interaction between those players and myself. Not because I intentionally avoided it, but because inactives took precedence. So to be honest, I don't care who "won" this world. I'm happy that the people I played with actively managed to perform well while the war was still active, and I'm happy that I managed to make a name for myself in the world. But given that the world is over, an end world date is set, and we've all acknowledged that it's time for world 3 to die, shouldn't our meaningless arguments die with it? As the active players of this world, can't we acknowledge that we all deserve this end of the world?

Caroline, I know you've been a polarizing figure to many people in this forum, but I know you've always had D*D's best interests at heart. You were a pillar for our tribe, whether it be through leadership or through helping defend accounts, and I know that no one in W3 can disrespect your play for us. I wish that you had been able to join us to help end the world, as I know you deserved to see the end of the world just as much as any of us.

Phylo

Phylo, Surely you don't believe that after all his hard work, D*D ArchDuke Tibarius deserves no acknowledgement for a sustained 11 month period of winning immediately prior to OT asking for an end to the server war? Are you saying this achievement doesn't matter and it would be immature for someone to mention this? Correct me if I've misunderstood you.

Of course it matters, the same way all other achievements matter. That's why this tribe was created: to join all the people that made things that matter.

Can't you understand that?

Everybody here is highly respected. It doesn't matter where they come from, all proved to be great players. You are the one that is trying to diminish your adversaries.

Why are you doing it?

DeletedUser10759

getting a nasty email from me possibly with a picture of my 400lb grandma at the beach

So any chance I could get that picture? Purely for educational reasons, of course...

Also, it's been fun everyone! :)

DeletedUser

MrsC, it well could have ended up with OT claiming the same type of win. Either way, it wasn't ever likely to be won by nobling every last enemy village as it is in other worlds, it's just how it goes for family tribes, I guess. Thanks for being my enemy and for all you've done to keep W3 an interesting and fun place to play the game. You did a fine job with OT. Congratz for your many accomplishments, I wish you the best of luck!
(banpeikun here, if you didn't realize) Caroline, I know you've been a polarizing figure to many people in this forum, but I know you've always had D*D's best interests at heart. You were a pillar for our tribe, whether it be through leadership or through helping defend accounts, and I know that no one in W3 can disrespect your play for us. I wish that you had been able to join us to help end the world, as I know you deserved to see the end of the world just as much as any of us.
I appreciate your kind words ban. It means a lot to me. You truly have made a name for yourself and have also been a pillar of D*D. I miss all the D*D'ers in OWP and those still in D*D. A piece of my heart will remain with each of you forever. :)
Of course it matters, the same way all other achievements matter. That's why this tribe was created: to join all the people that made things that matter. Can't you understand that? Everybody here is highly respected. It doesn't matter where they come from, all proved to be great players. You are the one that is trying to diminish your adversaries. Why are you doing it?
Sometimes it's necessary to just follow the hard cold logic (without holding the feelings of others as your primary concern) in political debates and things get heated, just like political debates do in real life. My goal isn't to make you or anyone feel diminished tho. In fact, I wanted this thread to stay as positive as possible, tho I knew what I had to say might be difficult to read for some. You have a wonderful idea to leave W3 with respect for everyone. No one is a more kind or gentle soul than you are, Phylo. Thank you for taking the time to reply and I appreciate your opinions. You've always been an asset to the W3 community in so many ways, and I wish all the best to you in your future gaming and in real life.
So any chance I could get that picture? Purely for educational reasons, of course...Also, it's been fun everyone! :)
Epic reply, wish I could upvote that! :D

DeletedUser19028

you forgot to mention the space tractors (GRIGNR) and especially the awesome Red Oak Army (ROA) that joined the war and gave some spice to their sides. ROA joined the war in April 2009 and I know for certain that it was not really appreciated by FF/D*D
but those were the good old times

You say that you had a great 2012, we can reply that we were more effective in the past... and we don't know how 2013 would have gone
Also how many original players are playing their own accounts? those imho are the real winners, those that endured from the beginning

anyway...now what's left is just a bunch of awesome guys and gals that are all playing under 1 banner, and for that I'm sure our families will be thankful, since it brought forth the end of a neverending conflict here in W3

so thanks again to Steve and Jen for making it happen!

a special thanks to banpe for putting my name in his post... I feel important now :)

DeletedUser4587

Is the person playing MrsC the original? I remember when she joined OT as a little noob. One of the first to go through the OT training program, and if I remember correctly she took it over later.

DeletedUser23106

you forgot to mention the space tractors (GRIGNR) and especially the awesome Red Oak Army (ROA) that joined the war and gave some spice to their sides. ROA joined the war in April 2009 and I know for certain that it was not really appreciated by FF/D*D
but those were the good old times

You say that you had a great 2012, we can reply that we were more effective in the past... and we don't know how 2013 would have gone
Also how many original players are playing their own accounts? those imho are the real winners, those that endured from the beginning

anyway...now what's left is just a bunch of awesome guys and gals that are all playing under 1 banner, and for that I'm sure our families will be thankful, since it brought forth the end of a neverending conflict here in W3

so thanks again to Steve and Jen for making it happen!

a special thanks to banpe for putting my name in his post... I feel important now :)

you sir forgot to add elite :p