Winter Event

LikaSombodeee

anybody awesome enough to nuke a merchant post yet? if yes post report and you'll be my god

Last edited:

LikaSombodeee

yeah I scouted it too. Mine had 80k mercenaries. what a bunch of nubs... defending with O troops :icon_rolleyes:

LikaSombodeee

It's possible to attack it and wall is 10 so it's probably possible to noble it.

Kurlander as rank 1 should send a nuke at one of them and post report here

LikaSombodeee

It's impossible to noble event villages.

at least you can farm it.

Stockpiles of the wood, clay and iron they have received are extremely well guarded, but a strong army might find this outpost a rich source of resources. Steel is too well guarded to even think about getting away with stealing it.

too bad this is no hauls

DeletedUser105718

Ill just quote myself from the discussion thread.
This is gloriously stupid and unbalanced. Sorry for being abrupt.

The 20% resource boost, probably the most useful of the bunch for a no-haul world would cost me, 1.240mil steel. If I were to trade that, it would be around ~12.40mil recourses, to be a little more simple, let say it costs 10mil resources. The +1280 resources per hour boost, for 10 hours would give you a 38400 resources (total, iron/clay/wood). I have 136 villages, so that is going to give me 5.222400mil resources for the entire account.

The Overabundance one is simply useless. Most people, if they want more wharehouse space, use a bigger warehouse, and honestly, you don't need anything above 400k of each. Heck, you shouldn't even have that, should mint coins or make packets at the very least.

The Conscription one is pretty much spending a lot more resources to be able to build 30% more troops in ten hours. How godly useful this is! Let's do some quick math. On a speed two world, you can make ~380 axes in ten hours. Those 114 axes is going to help out substantially!

I'm happy that it doesn't allow for premium features on a nohauls world, or else people would just spent some PP to buy the resource boosts. Oh wait! I didn't realize until checking, that you can actually pay 100 premium points for the spin on these so called "p2w" worlds. Well, I guess we found out the sole reason for this even. :icon_idea:

Oh and thanks for creating the insane server lag. Such a joy playing the actual game while waiting hours for tabs to load :icon_idea:

a2a48b3ecbc7ce0ca91baa52cdbd1e5c.png

LikaSombodeee

great post, I didn't know it was only 10h. that's very stupid...
farming them is the only possible way to win resources with them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105718

2856d46674fcb0cf772f8a1becc1421a.png

Even if you were able to haul the resources from there, I really, really doubt it would go up to more then 5 million per post. The 80k mercenaries are probably sword strength, or some weird mixture of spears/swords. Let's go assume it's going to take 3 full nukes to clear, with all the rams and such:

5cc1780798a5428b984889e2759de94b.png

x3

That is in total 7.665750 mil resources. Good luck hauling that to cover up losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bo-John-bo

As this is a no haul world does that mean even if we attack them we don't get res? Or did the change the rules for this event?

DeletedUser113012

The discussion we had in our tribal forums explaining the pro's and cons.

Lord Sama today at 14:15
Thanks Quote
Similarly, the 10% of storage nets 4,000,000 resources in that scenario, assuming fully-built warehouses.

However, once you start looking at the uncommon prizes you see the benefit. If you hit the 50% of your storage capacity bonus, you would receive 50%*400,000*100 villas = 20,000,000 res for your troubles, essentially doubling up.

Without knowing the odds between common/uncommon I can't say for sure whether the odds are in favor of gambling or not. Looking at the three resource-based awards in isolation, the two common ones give you ~1/3 of your cost back while the uncommon gives you 2x your cost (this varies as cost is based on size so these are rough estimates). The breakeven odds for this scenario would be a 60%/40% split between common/uncommon which seems unlikely. If the picture in the announcement is any indication, that test account has 1 uncommon and 22 common which is around a 95%/5% split.

The other benefits such as increased attack power are hard to quantify, but landing +20% attack or +25% defense when we're looking at a massive war during the timeframe of the event could be a huge boost. One of the common awards is 25% boost across the board to HC, and there's plenty of time to build out HC troops before the event ends.

Overall, just looking at resources the event probably isn't worth it. The military bonuses though could be absolutely priceless come war time and be a huge game changer. If you're sitting on resources a little bit anyway, might be worth it to try your luck rather than just minting a shitload of coins.

Alexinyoface today at 18:34
Quote Edit Delete
I have a shitload of extra clay, so I sent off all my extra clay for now, sitting at over 200k steel atm. I have another 20 days to get the other 800k steel and plan on using it on the axe/LC bonus tbh.

You gotta understand in 20 days most of us in the top25 will probably be nearing 200-300 villages given how fast we keep our pace, so that would make the benefits much more worth it even if you're going for the res bonuses, giving even the bonus resource a 150% return on your investment if you have 300 villages.

We aren't getting the full effect being a newer world. But on worlds where players already have 10m+ points all over, this is extremely worth it.

Here the bigger players will still reap the benefits by the time it ends, even though none of us are big enough right now ;) Time to start nobling, bitches :)

Also Slowthinker, overabundance doesnt add extra warehouse space, it gives you resources equal to your warehouse capacity. So for overabundance II you receive 200k of each resource per village, if they have lvl 30 warehouses...

Last edited:

DeletedUser105718

Well, those are probably spears. So if it's 40k40k it's going to take you 6+ nukes to clear. (I guess it's 40k40 for me, probably less for ya'all, but you get less resources and advantages then me anyways).

DeletedUser113012

200 villages x 200k resources (gained with 30 warehouse from overabundance II) = 40,000,000 of each resource. Or ~1333 coins worth of resources. The chance of that for the price of my 12m clay that I have too much of anyways, will be worth it even if it's just a gamble to get tbh.