With all the kids playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am going to have to agree with Hillblah's last post, until you can post some hard statistical facts proving you are right Brrrndout, you are wrong.

DeletedUser

I am going to have to agree with Hillblah's last post, until you can post some hard statistical facts proving you are right Brrrndout, you are wrong.

Flip-side: Where is the statistical data proving brrndout wrong?

Just playing devil's advocate here. Opinions like these are formed mostly from personal experience, not from empirical data. Therefore they are more subjective, not objective. While your experiences maybe different than his, that doesn't make his opinions any less relevant, just different.

Now, while I won't go hard and fast and set an age limit for maturity or immaturity, as there is lots of grey area there, making a generalization that younger people tend to be more immature than older people is generally true.

Repinski

McQuack it depends on how young you consider young. If you were to say 13 and below is generally a lot less mature then 15 and above with 14 being the gray area I would have to agree with you 100%. But on the flip side if you were to say 17 and below were generally less mature then 18 and above I would have to disagree.

DeletedUser

McQuack it depends on how young you consider young. If you were to say 13 and below is generally a lot less mature then 15 and above with 14 being the gray area I would have to agree with you 100%. But on the flip side if you were to say 17 and below were generally less mature then 18 and above I would have to disagree.

And that is why I don't set an age limit. As you move up in age, you also move up in maturity level. They are, most likely, directly proportional.

DeletedUser

I've allowed this topic long enough. And yes, the dog is dead. It died a long time ago. Let it rest in peace please... your frankenstinial experiments trying to revive it is only desecrating it's rotting carcass and it's tiered soul.

A lot of good arguments were made. A lot of good arguments were ignored.

My two cents... while it would be ignorant to assume everyone over a certain age is more mature than everyone else under that age, it would also be ignorant to pretend age never influences our levels of maturity. While age does not guarantee nor directly provide maturity, life does. I would agree that generally speaking, older people tend to act more consistantly mature than younger people. The longer you live, the more you experience, the more time you have to think and analyze and make mistakes and learn from them, and the more you're likelier to mature. Some live long lives and don't spend their time maturing... while some learn important lessons at very young ages.... yes, it varies. But as Brrrndout said, countries set an arbitrary age because you need to draw the line somewhere. I don't think the argument was ever about the age of maturity... And Brrndout himself acknowledged that there is no age of maturity.

Brrndout, if you are truely interested in the development of an exclusive TW community for older players I would advise you to contact Servy . Although be careful what you wish for... the forums wouldn't be as fun without either the left or the right or the top or the bottom sides of the community. Plus, MKC wouldn't be moderating the special forums :p

I am going to use this quote to conclude the main idea of this thread and close this thread:

Exactly...jeezus...all I'm sayin' is it would be nice to have a TW world with Premium only accounts and over 21...I would like to be able to cuss once in a while without worryin' about Johnny tellin' mommy and gettin' me in trouble/banned...That's all I'm sayin'...somebody else turned this into teen bashin'... :lol:

It takes a HECKUVA LOT of restraint to post around here when you got a gutterbrain and a filthy mouth to match it...just sayin'

=^-^=

Status
Not open for further replies.