With all the kids playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't subscribe to generalizations, that means that we teens aren't mature, and that you the "21+" people are mature. I'd say 15+ it's more of the person than the age.

DeletedUser

agreed, at 21 you dont suddenly change into a whole new person ... your personality is what matters ... and your playing experience ... you more you play the more you appreciate mature responses from your rivals and friends ...

Maybe a different server, but how are you going to prove age?

I think that it is just another challenge that a good leader must overcome ^_^

DeletedUser

I remember being 16...all I can say: time will educate even the most invincible, intelligent, precocious teen out there. Trust me, I was one back in the early 90's and I was bulletproof and invisible.

But I'm a little more mature now than I was then...I'm not invisible anymore.

Adults have a greater respect for other people than teens do...that is a simple fact. Teens for the most part, do not know how to respect others. And the bleedover from that is the alliances in this game are not respected.

Of course there are exceptions...and trust me, if I didn't enjoy playing TW then I wouldn't be playing it.

You =/= All teens.

It's quite laughable that you say "Adults have greater respect for other people than teens do" - that's not a fact. Stating it does not make it so. The fact that you are essentially saying all teenagers here shouldn't be allowed play alongside you shows that you (adult) have no respect for us (teenagers). If you'll note the responses from the teenagers here, you'll notice they are a lot more respecful than your opening post.

Teenagers don't know how to respect others? Lolwut? Are you for real? Do you have any facts, statistics, biological indicators or whatever to back this up? I'm going to say no, you don't - because that's the answer. You're basing this off the fact that presumably you got betrayed or whatever by some teenager. That doesn't make all teenagers the same and certainly doesn't make you superior to them, and certainly doesn't warrant a new game.

A lot of the greatest leaders in this game would be younger than 21 when they started leading their great tribes. Without teenagers, these forums would lack a lot, and TribalWars would be much less as a whole. I think you'll find that there are a lot of adults who don't respect also (such as the mails you get when you attack someone such as "OMG [censored] [censored] YOU [censored] [censored] [censored] OFF!". You couldn't possibly tell what age group that is from.

But hey, who am I to argue against you. I'm a mere 16 years old, and obviously don't know how to respect others. Obviously you are far more logical, trustworthy and respectful than me, y'know, with your discrimination an' all. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Well here I think is the problem with your statement.

You say "I can act adulty despite my age" well I wouldn't say that because acting adult simply means acting like you're what over 18? That's ridiculous, there are people over the age of 30 less mature than people I know who are 17. My point is simply that you can't classify everyone in the same boat by simply their age. It's like assuming all gamers are nonathletic or all athletes are unintelligent, it's just not the way things work. Making broad sweeping statement about everyone under the age of 21 like you're making are completely refutable, completely over the top and not fair things to say. I'd say you have had bad experiences in this game and instead of blaming it on competence like a logical person you've blamed it on age, which is not a very good alternative.

DeletedUser

Ok, here is what it boils down to. Are all adults mature? No. Are all kids immature? No. Are most adults more mature than most kids? Yes.

As with every rule, there are, of course, exceptions.

DeletedUser

Ok, here is what it boils down to. Are all adults mature? No. Are all kids immature? No. Are most adults more mature than most kids? Yes.

I have seen in my time on Tribalwars a lot of more mature teens. I have also seen some immature adults. Any way you slice this situation you are going to have a lot of immaturity any where you go. Age limits do nothing to prevent immaturity.

DeletedUser

Exactly...jeezus...all I'm sayin' is it would be nice to have a TW world with Premium only accounts and over 21...I would like to be able to cuss once in a while without worryin' about Johnny tellin' mommy and gettin' me in trouble/banned...That's all I'm sayin'...somebody else turned this into teen bashin'... :lol:

It takes a HECKUVA LOT of restraint to post around here when you got a gutterbrain and a filthy mouth to match it...just sayin'

DeletedUser

Well here I think is the problem with your statement.

You say "I can act adulty despite my age" well I wouldn't say that because acting adult simply means acting like you're what over 18? That's ridiculous, there are people over the age of 30 less mature than people I know who are 17. My point is simply that you can't classify everyone in the same boat by simply their age. It's like assuming all gamers are nonathletic or all athletes are unintelligent, it's just not the way things work. Making broad sweeping statement about everyone under the age of 21 like you're making are completely refutable, completely over the top and not fair things to say. I'd say you have had bad experiences in this game and instead of blaming it on competence like a logical person you've blamed it on age, which is not a very good alternative.

AM I talking to you?
..And don't start spouting that liberal jargon about 'you can't classify people'...that is what HUMAN beings do. We classify things. Read a science book. You can talk liberal equality theory all day, I'm talking from a strictly pragmatical sense, and yeah, based on my life experiences, I don't trust people under the age of 21 to handle most of the comments I would like to make while flaming. I DO NOT want to cause any youngster to go over the deep end and hurt themselves or somebody else...

And If you read every word I wrote carefully, you will see that I said there are exceptions. Life is not Black and White guys...life is gray, and it can be rosy if you make it that way. :lol:

DeletedUser

AM I talking to you?
..And don't start spouting that liberal jargon about 'you can't classify people'...that is what HUMAN beings do. We classify things. Read a science book. You can talk liberal equality theory all day, I'm talking from a strictly pragmatical sense, and yeah, based on my life experiences, I don't trust people under the age of 21 to handle most of the comments I would like to make while flaming. I DO NOT want to cause any youngster to go over the deep end and hurt themselves or somebody else...

You can classify people, but for those classifications to be sensible you need to have something to back it up. 21 is not a magic age, as many people have said you get about the same ratio of mature people to morons at most ages (especially when you consider the type of adult that would play a game like this (no offense meant to anyone)). Go ahead and use words like liberal and pragmatical all you want, the fact of the matter is you are wrong.

And If you read every word I wrote carefully, you will see that I said there are exceptions. Life is not Black and White guys...life is gray, and it can be rosy if you make it that way. :lol:

Saying that people under 21 are not sensible (even as a generalisation) would be like me saying all people are female and saying there are some exceptions (just incase someone happens to mention males). Life isn't grey, what planet are you from. Life is every colour imaginable and many that are not. Life is the bassline of each song that pounds through our hearts. Life is the air we breathe and the people we see and the way we feel. Don't try to oversimplify life in the same way you tried to over simplify the categories humans fall into. It just doesn't work...

godaval

Wouldn't an age 21+ world with only premium accounts be quite black and white then? :p

Anyhow, I see where your coming from, but you can't base this argument solely on scientific facts, and especially not using only exact sciences like biology. How you socially interact with people (on these forums as well as in real life) depends largely on the environment you grew up in and the people you communicate with on a day-to-day basis. Sure we have a code set embedded in our brain that determines parts of our personality, but maturity is not entirely genetically predisposed, it has more to do with social interaction if anything. If, for example, you're a fifteen year old that only hangs out with people that are 30 years+, you're more likely to be more mature than a fifteen year old that only deals with other 15 years olds in his social life. This is why I think you taking age as the decisive factor for matureness is not entirely correct.

If you want a "mature" world, you're not going to accomplish it with age/premium restrictions. You might tip the odds in your favour, but I wouldn't count on the world actually being more fun for you tbh.

Btw, most sixteen year-olds can handle a bit of swearing without tattle telling on you ;)

DeletedUser

I have seen in my time on Tribalwars a lot of more mature teens. I have also seen some immature adults. Any way you slice this situation you are going to have a lot of immaturity any where you go. Age limits do nothing to prevent immaturity.

I hae too.

I have also, however, seen a lot of immature ones as well.

I hate to say it, but the most immature people in this game I have run across, with very few exceptions, have been teen or pre-teens.

I will readily admit, though, that the higher levels of maturity is probably equally shared between teens and adults.

DeletedUser

Life isn't grey, what planet are you from. Life is every colour imaginable and many that are not. Life is the bassline of each song that pounds through our hearts. Life is the air we breathe and the people we see and the way we feel. Don't try to oversimplify life in the same way you tried to over simplify the categories humans fall into. It just doesn't work...

My quote: Life is not Black and White guys...life is gray, and it can be rosy if you make it that way. :lol:

Lack of metaphorical understanding is prevelent in the developing frontal lobe...another point proven.

DeletedUser

I like your thesis and opinion Brrndout. Now though I'm not saying we should go off and create a "TW bar world" but for tribal wars to create and send out an "Internet etiquette" mail for all players in-game or on that same distribution method send out constant link's at the begging of worlds to respected external forums guides would be well appreciated. For the greater inexperienced TW community and for players like myself who might have missed a thing or two down the road.

DeletedUser

My quote: Life is not Black and White guys...life is gray, and it can be rosy if you make it that way. :lol:

Lack of metaphorical understanding is prevelent in the developing frontal lobe...another point proven.
You are mistaken, I understood your bad joke I just chose to disregard it as part of you argument. You're point remains very, very, unproven.

DeletedUser

And a rebuttle to the argument that 21 isn't the 'magic age' that should determine entry into said TW world...
...ALL Societies set up arbitrary ages in order to allow people to drive a car, drink alcohol, vote...why? Because the societies do NOT have the the resources to give every individual that wants to buy a beer a psych-eval before sackin' up their effin' grape MadDog...
...TW does not have the resources to have the psyche of every prospective member tested to see if they have the constitutional fortitude to endure a few lude insults. Therefore, an arbitrary age must necessarily be set to determine 'lvl of competency'

Like I said earlier... I agree with most of you about maturity varying from person to person greatly, and expounding on existential theory about our individuality makes good sewing-circle gossip, but practicality is what exists...reality. Not should's and would's and could's and philosophic rhetoric.

Or just make a premium account only world...and if a young kid is enterprising enough to steal momma's credit card info and keep a premium account I want him in my tribe...

DeletedUser

And just to kick a dead dog here(those that are metaphorically challenged please do NOT tell =^-^= that I am abusing animals)...

For those of you saying I lack support for my views (despite the FACT that I am the only one to provide links supporting my argument) I found a mathematical equation to support my theory:

...........t:)axemen: + :lightcavalry:) * A(P1 - P2)
F(x)= -------------------- + LOGout
...............Ma * Launch /FAIL

Where (x) = Lvl of cognative ability
t= Time playing TW
A= Age
P1 = Parent 1 work schedule
P2 = Parent 2 work schedule
Ma = Maturity Level

See...it's simple math...you can't argue that age affects your ability to play TW :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

It never effected mine. Now that I am older, and live on my own, I actually have less time then I did. So again you my friend are wrong.

DeletedUser

And a rebuttle to the argument that 21 isn't the 'magic age' that should determine entry into said TW world...
...ALL Societies set up arbitrary ages in order to allow people to drive a car, drink alcohol, vote...why? Because the societies do NOT have the the resources to give every individual that wants to buy a beer a psych-eval before sackin' up their effin' grape MadDog...
...TW does not have the resources to have the psyche of every prospective member tested to see if they have the constitutional fortitude to endure a few lude insults. Therefore, an arbitrary age must necessarily be set to determine 'lvl of competency'
As I said before, I have no problem with you making generalisations, provided you actually have some data to generalise. You have just pulled a number out of your ass.... You have given no proof that people under 21 who play TW are actually less mature than people over 21 who play TW.
This [spoil]
...........t:)axemen: + :lightcavalry:) * A(P1 - P2)
F(x)= -------------------- + LOGout
...............Ma * Launch /FAIL

Where (x) = Lvl of cognative ability
t= Time playing TW
A= Age
P1 = Parent 1 work schedule
P2 = Parent 2 work schedule
Ma = Maturity Level
[/spoil] does not count. You could have atleast assigned numerical values to Launch/FAIL and the work schedules.

Like I said earlier... I agree with most of you about maturity varying from person to person greatly, and expounding on existential theory about our individuality makes good sewing-circle gossip, but practicality is what exists...reality. Not should's and would's and could's and philosophic rhetoric.
So we are in agreement then? Untill you have conclusive proof that players of TW under the age of 21 are overall less mature than those over tthe age of 20 we'll just say that I'm right. A far more practical approach than agreeing to disagree, don't you think? You do realise that by your logic of doing what's practical rather than wasting time with that whole being right thing, we should eliminate that "court of your peers" rubbish, and just execute anyone, charged by anyone else, with any crime. Practicality is not the most important thing. No I'm not saying TW should conduct psyche tests on everyone during the sign up process but there needs to be a balance between doing what is practical and doing what is right. You can't just make unfounded generalisations.

And just to kick a dead dog here
This dog is not dead. It is alive and very much kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.