Womble Mumble - Merge Discussion?

DeletedUser

Simple sum up of Womble:

There is a great difference between getting a tribe to a high rank and actually maintaining that rank.
If i wanted to i could boost !UN! into 2nd maybe even 1st right now with some recruits i have lined up,
But due to their position it would not be beneficial thus i choose life span over one achievement,
whereas good dukes settle for deferred gratification, fail dukes live by carpe diem and wish for immediate gratification

DeletedUser

So we can start flame Womble? :icon_twisted: I must give credit they had a very good timed for their merge though: 2 days of forum off :lol:

Anyway, jokes apart, i dont really care much of this merge and prolly it has way better basis than previous ones happened, so i even see this new formed tribe standing. But i also have to tell that sincerly i would have preferred Womble being actually involved in some war else than go for another merge.

So far i havent managed to understand if Womble players truly wish to get some fun at a certain point or if they are happy to just keep picking inactives and tribe/worth-less targets. But if this is the way they wanna play, well then i assume we will see Womble at top spot for quiet a while :)

Last edited by a moderator:

budl

dominance in 7 continents. complete control of 4. 3 people in the top 10. or better yet: 2 in the top 4 :X.

plus not to mention the people they merged into themselves gnome.
... they have been rather successful with several merges. starting as little 10-15 player tribes.

they did what reborn tried to do. except not as nubbishly. i don't think it'll fall to poop the same way.

DeletedUser

Problem is how spread out they are. Later on in the game it would be just fine but at this stage covering such a large area isnt a very good idea.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
dominance in 7 continents. complete control of 4. 3 people in the top 10. or better yet: 2 in the top 4 :X.

plus not to mention the people they merged into themselves gnome.
... they have been rather successful with several merges. starting as little 10-15 player tribes.

they did what reborn tried to do. except not as nubbishly. i don't think it'll fall to poop the same way.

what is the point of playing game named tribalWARS then to war. womble should play game tribalmerge

DeletedUser

Also one more point. Being so large may look intimidating but it can be hell for logistics, just imagine the heyday they would have if an enemy were to launch a well coordinated strike against them.

DeletedUser

This merge had been on the card for months, when BP was changed to womble it had been in talks then about this. Why you may ask, the duke of GNOME had his GF, uncle, cousin and flatmate in womble, I was the only real duke/baron in womble and in my absence there, so if needed the help can see why this happened.

You all say what have womble done, what none of your realise is we did a lot, but I kept womble under the radar. When it had several players, myself included in the top 20 ODA, and also 4 of the top fastest noblers, we didnt just fight we grew. Some tribes may be slightly higher in ODA, but dont forget BP was a 20 player tribe for a lot of this world. This by the way is wombles second merge, so no need for the merge flames.

Anyway, womble had 15 tribes in the enemy list when I left, so dont say they dont fight. Only two tribes were realistic to hit, gnome and I listed why this wasnt going to happen, and Mighty, but untill our core was secured mighty were protecting us from the core tribes of Flame/o_O and subv so happy to honour the NAP.

Plus EVERY "war" womble have had is 3-10 players vs a tribe. For example 3 players were about 15 villages up in two weeks of skirmishes with SE before they merged. We have had lots of co-ordinated attacks on tribes, but I never felt the need to "big" up womble. We had enough local attention when a coalition of 8 tribes, 5 of which were top 25 were planning to hit womble, I just worked on them one by one. Womble are still here and counting.

In reply to Howey, you may recruit the odd player to take spot but wont on location, have you seen your tribe on a map, where are the other players if the current ones are not spread :icon_eek:

budl

true dat story about the coalition. syn got invited to their shared forums. i accepted it like weeks after we got it. and deleted all the posts after reading all the lulz.

DeletedUser

true dat story about the coalition. syn got invited to their shared forums. i accepted it like weeks after we got it. and deleted all the posts after reading all the lulz.

Exactly, everyone we were hitting knew how good we were and what we were capable of, and that led to so many wanting to team up and take out womble. I could of done some great pnp, but ask any womble player, we loved the top 20 posts "where did they come from ?" comments. We even had an onrunning joke that we would do a name change once we were noticed again.

Name a tribe except those hitting death, and btw that is a gangbang, but name a tribe that has done well in a "major" war. flame and subv landlocked themselves like many and need to fight their way out to grow. Womble will out grow most, and not just keep top spot but grow quicker than most. Back to the rims and move south. If this turned into a north vs south world, the fire power of the north will take out most.

I'm led womble with a vision, my recruitment/diplomacy was to enable EVERY player to own and dominate their areas. Look at your own tribes and when u see players complaing got no targets, you will never of heard a womble player say it, I made sure red for all, always do. Read my earlier posts why co-ordinated attacks early in a church world are a poor long term strategy for future growth, take out the new gnome players and I think I proved that with wombles growth. Good luck to the new leadership :lol:

DeletedUser

Sorry walshaw but i have to reply. I respect you a lot as a player and as a leader and you made clearence about the reasons of merge. So thx you for that.

But still i cannot get where this is gonna bring.

Now you mention womble has 15 tribes listed in their enmy list... I'ld like to have a general idea of what these tribes are. Cause see, SubV actually has 1, plus their family, but it would be prolly possible to bring it to 20-25 if i'm gonna include, for example, all these 100-500k points tribes we are rimming oversleep without even noticing it. So, how good are these 15 enemies? I dont either remember the tribe of peeps i noble for mine "easy expansion", i barely remember the names of most of the ex-owner of the vills i took, but if i'ld go check trought our conquer history i think we could list way more than "15 tribes". Cause so far i havent saw Womble declaring any war on anyone worthing mention...

You tell Womble had "just" 2 merge...
Basically BP and Rice putted under Womble control k36 and k37, then clean up.
Half k47 you got recrutiing from Spank, inactives and noobs clean up.
k26, k25, k15 you got from this last merge, i can imagine you will focus on consolidating presence there now.
So, what did Womble conquered exactly?
Cause, see, we had some coord op on individual players, like rzwoo, but is not exactly something to brag about on external when you count on a bunch of 4-5 ppl attacking a isolated and tribelless (or worthless tribe affiliated) player... lol

We can admire how good Womble did timing and so on these pickings, but is not exactly something showing Womble value to the world when you rim a player unable to get support and having trains incoming on all him vills from 4-5 different player. Things are a bit different in Tribal Wars.

Take it this way, we are just a bunch of jealous and curious ppl :lol:

DeletedUser

When the RiCe merger occured you have to realize that both BP and RiCe barely owned 35-40% of their K's. What is now Mayhem has been a large portion of the k37 war, with their countless allies. Nee until recently still had a large presence in k36. In fact 2 weeks ago I lost 5 nukes and 2 trains on one of their guys because he was turtling with his PA's. Walshaw and Bunnub were taking on -SE- and Xwolf by themselves. We're at war with any AoS member in k47. In K27 we're at war with NSM, who is clustered like crazy and our bigger players are hurting on morale obviously ;p. If you think back a few weeks we weren't even owning half the maps of k36 and k37. That's not barb nobling, it's player nobling.

We never said we were in a war, but we are in a constant state of war. These little tribes don't just roll over, they need to be dealt with. And there's no reason to be jealous, we didn't merge to get #1. We did it for good reasons, and I'm not gonna be the one to make them public :p. We aren't bragging about a #1 spot or anything of the sort, I think the closest you can come to bragging is where louis posted in the milestone thread about adding us as the first tribe to 10 mil in the top 40.

DeletedUser

k36 was owned by wolf family - 2nd was BP. Then after wolf went it was Nee(top 25 tribe) then later AOP(top 20)
k37 - at time of rice/womble merge only 30-40% was womble, rest were cry/maymem and a few other tribes.
k27 we recruited 4-6 players, rest we nobled
k47 - alot of the players were hit when mighty got them, so support yes maybe, but if naom didnt self destruct it would of been a womble vs spank war, instead a lot found out what naom was planning and doing and they left. Considering Mighty recruited on both sides of the NAP line, you noticed how they are no longer on our side, but all over your side, guess thats cause we are ineffective :icon_wink:
k35 - Untill my departure SOB were getting quite irritated at wombles quick growth through SE in k35.

The rest are 100-500k tribes, but we have taken out quite a few top tribes, I cant name all of them as cant see our forums anymore, this is just from memory. Untill the most recent merge, the member count has been average, yet owned the most areas, I may of recruited, but was "selective" in it to not restrict players room to grow/expand.

When womble owned two k's after rice merge, so did Subv, yet just before this merge Womble owned k47, part owned k35/27/48 that they didnt when subv/womble were the same size. Your expansion into k47 was through recruitment. Every tribe needs to do it, however your war with flame has stunted your growth/expansion. Womble can and will fight, but if you know where you want to be and where to lead the tribe. Trust me womble had fun doing so, I bet I can find tribes that nobled a lot more barbs than womble :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Id like to add we were fighting two other tribes in k36, not that it makes much of a difference.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, the merge was a smart move. Womble now landlocked many tribes and can expand towards the rim easily while other tribes fight over the remains. However, I encourage that the Wombles dont get overconfident :icon_wink:. Viewing the map, there are only two tribes that can actually pose a threat to you.

The negative is that you have an overwhelming amount of players, it reminds of Titan. It's very hard to manage such a big group and would pose a threat if a well-coordinated tribe (remind you of someone?) is pitted against you guys.

DeletedUser

We never said we were in a war, but we are in a constant state of war. These little tribes don't just roll over, they need to be dealt with.

This is what any existing top tribe had and has to do wherever it is... Is not something concerning Womble only. The difference on early stage is getting control over a continent with 20 or 60 members... What i see that missed into womble history is some equal fight in which advantage was gained over a worthing enemy torught skills and teamwork.

k36 was owned by wolf family - 2nd was BP. Then after wolf went it was Nee(top 25 tribe) then later AOP(top 20)

For this you are right, BP was one of the 4-5 tribes attacking original wolf family while it was spreaded over several continents. Not like i miss it lol. But this is what almost everyone not being in starting hugger tribe did. o_O, us, !UN! and so we all handled same situation.. with different member counts though.

k27 we recruited 4-6 players, rest we nobled

Actual ownership of the continent for Womble is 15%. of which part consist of these 4-6 players recruited.

k47 - alot of the players were hit when mighty got them, so support yes maybe, but if naom didnt self destruct it would of been a womble vs spank war, instead a lot found out what naom was planning and doing and they left. Considering Mighty recruited on both sides of the NAP line, you noticed how they are no longer on our side, but all over your side, guess thats cause we are ineffective :icon_wink:

We recruited 3 players in k47 and sincerly we could have avoided if Noam wouldnt have acted that way. It was quiet disappointing for us too as forced us into affairs we didnt wanted to deal with by that time and greatly modified our general strategy. And if you look at this from this perspective i think you can get why we never truly worked to get full ownership over the sotuhern half of k47 and why is there a AOS presence there. You perfectly know we had never planned to move up there... let's say we "saved" you from a 3rd full merge (lol jking :p)

The rest are 100-500k tribes, but we have taken out quite a few top tribes, I cant name all of them as cant see our forums anymore, this is just from memory. Untill the most recent merge, the member count has been average, yet owned the most areas, I may of recruited, but was "selective" in it to not restrict players room to grow/expand.

60 members is something i dont aim to, but still respectable. Now Womble is up to 90 which change a bit what's on the table.

When womble owned two k's after rice merge, so did Subv,

Sorry but we never had any merge to get control over 2 continents. We warred PN and made it disband, then anyone who applied has been evaluated for membership on personal basis...

however your war with flame has stunted your growth/expansion. Womble can and will fight, but if you know where you want to be and where to lead the tribe.

Apart the fact that was Flame having the first move and we managed to react, strike back, hold territories and gain few new ones, you can easily see where the long-term results of that war took Flame and where SubV actually is. SubV never got stunted in its growth, just we dont have 90 members... Even recruiting, and is just a random example, 15 top members of some surrounding tribes, let' say (not a chanche) brave!, risen and flame, we would get control over a similar territorial extension without hitting that member count.

Now without, entering more details of tribal histories in which we may get lost for different versions of the facts, dont take these mine points like an attempt to show Womble as worthless tribe, cause i perfectly know this is not the case.

Mine concerns are about a world eventually getting killed in the worst way. I saw too many merge wars to ignore how they started. And Womble did a good first step in this direction.

DeletedUser

We won't be getting overconfident, and we are also aware that the overfull member count poses new challenges. Like I said before, this wasn't done to impress or make rank 1. I doubt anyone from womble will boast rank 1 or anything similar. You play games to have fun, and also to win. While we have no such aspirations at the moment of something so arrogant as winning like was joked about earlier, this merge was the best move we could. Many members of gnome were actually members of RiCe early on, we've been connected since the beginning. Just not by the same tribe for some months now.

DeletedUser

it definetley sets them up for long term top 5 if they don't have internal issues

ps: risen moved into 7th

DeletedUser

Even recruiting, and is just a random example, 15 top members of some surrounding tribes, let' say (not a chanche) brave!, risen and flame, we would get control over a similar territorial extension without hitting that member count.

I understand what you are saying, but I just think it's funny that you left !?! out of there. You just made my day. :)