World 37 -Top 20 Tribes/Updates

DeletedUser

That hurt........and when did we attack you???

well for starts, two of your members tried nobling me. and one of them is still attacking me.
one of them, had been talking to me since early in the game and i helped him out a little bit one time when he was attacked... and then he talked to me, pretending to be my friend. then once one of your other members started attacking me, that member decided he would take chance and try and noble me. but then when i easily killed his noble, he said he 'underestimated' me and that he would give up.
then he went on to noble a 200 pt barb instead. more recently he just nobled another barb.

btw, johnny. at the start of the world, i personally thought siren was a pretty cool tribe. it was one of my choices of tribes to join... i joined pro because, well...the members were more spread out for growth (and our gay pride COA rocks). still, i talked to a couple of siren members when i was considering your tribe...and they seemed like good players.
however, that one bad player in your tribe...dishonest, lying, coward, has turned me against your entire tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1 Gentle----They come from 4chan.org and I <3 Sizustar
2 InS4n3---Evil rabbit is cute = =+
3 Chess----Nice PnP and member count
4 Ginger----http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginger
5 RBL------too quiet man
6 AKQJ10--They have Mr.Fluffy for huffing(huffffffffffffffffffffff)
7 pRo------They have bodoni(Who is bodoni?)
I am bodoni's fan(I am not asking who you are)
I <3 bodoni(=0=")
(bodoni:I don't know who is Iamdexter = =")
8 SYN------http://www.tribalhugs.net
9 R.L.------http://www.tribalhugs.net
10 MeMBeR -http://www.tribalhugs.net
11 Siren-----Sorry,none of the villages are next to the coast
12 Flame----don't know TAT
13 Misery----don't know TAT
14 NERD-----bye bye
15 ARFCOM --http://www.tribalhugs.net
16 NoFear---Their monkey eat my taco friend QQ
17 Ascend---GJ Ascend,good tribe
18 RL--------Who?
19 D-O-G----http://www.tribalhugs.net
20 | RA |----http://www.tribalhugs.net

(Hey,you haven't told who will pass or fail= =)
hey don't mind don't mind

Last edited by a moderator:

MusicManJB

Lol even with so many members, so many tribes fail so bad ><

This seems to be the only logic behind some of your "pass/fail" determinations. It is far worse to dub a tribe a loser because of the number of members. I think you should actually delve into a tribe's record and see what they have done and who the players are. It is unfair to grade by these childish" standards (nothing is fair though in life =]). Any kid can look at 40 and 200 and say..."that's more mommy!" Seriously, but what does it prove? Nothing. Did not see anything, anywhere about losing based on member count.

This has started as part of a "bandwagon" type logic that everyone wants to get on the elites "good side." I call it foolishness.

DeletedUser

This seems to be the only logic behind some of your "pass/fail" determinations. It is far worse to dub a tribe a loser because of the number of members. I think you should actually delve into a tribe's record and see what they have done and who the players are. It is unfair to grade by these childish" standards (nothing is fair though in life =]). Any kid can look at 40 and 200 and say..."that's more mommy!" Seriously, but what does it prove? Nothing. Did not see anything, anywhere about losing based on member count.

This has started as part of a "bandwagon" type logic that everyone wants to get on the elites "good side." I call it foolishness.

agreeed somehow but then look at top5 tribes member counts ;)

3 keep at 40 and 2 80-90
top tribes have less members but they difinitely have better ones. Also lot of members means thing that is being repeated over and over - no space for growth! blue around! and imagine how bad it would be if all these 100+ members were good players and started nobling a lot..

MusicManJB

agreeed somehow but then look at top5 tribes member counts ;)

3 keep at 40 and 2 80-90
top tribes have less members but they difinitely have better ones. Also lot of members means thing that is being repeated over and over - no space for growth! blue around! and imagine how bad it would be if all these 100+ members were good players and started nobling a lot..

I agree, it is usually the smaller elite tribes that reach the top ranks. But I don't believe people should be as gray as success and failure.

DeletedUser

I just have to say something, I laugh at the people who say SYN will fail with no good reason other then, too many members or mass recruiters. Actually come up with a good reason for why you think we'll fail..

Our top 40 all have more then 1 village and our top player has 10 villages..

What kills a tribe is lack of leadership and management, not large numbers of people, if they go inactive or don't do what they are supposed to do they're labeled as dead-weight and cut

DeletedUser

its all about what wars you have won... Some say not having a war is a good thing as u can grow... but then u dont no what u can do.

Have many members can be a good thing... but if u have a silly amount of members and a tribe with 40 or so members has a much higher OD then u, i would say u will be in trouble very soon

DeletedUser

its all about what wars you have won... Some say not having a war is a good thing as u can grow... but then u dont no what u can do.

Have many members can be a good thing... but if u have a silly amount of members and a tribe with 40 or so members has a much higher OD then u, i would say u will be in trouble very soon

Also wars early, which you can definitely win give you chance to know your members better and each members coordination or what are they able to do :) If you keep away from wars, one will finally come and you will know nothing of who to trust to coordinate and who to not

DeletedUser

These types of statements are very steriotypical. The fact is a huge tribe with good members can be built. It has been done before. The problem is, it's the extreamely rare case.

Most of the time, the large tribes are just built by spaming invites to the entire K, or even more. No decent players will be attracted by that method, so what happens is that you basically get 300 farms in a tribe or family of tribes. This is the same quantity over quality problem that exists in family tribes.

Noteable exceptions. TW on W1 ruled with about 300 decent players, and MCD on W11 used alliances to create basically the same result. Once you have most of the top few hundred players on a server all in your alliance or tribe, you can pretty much just steam roll anyone.

Until, everyone gets bored and quits. This was the fate of TW, and MCD.

There is also in many cases a much more decietful purpose for this massing of members. In some cases, all of these recruits are not really there to be a real part of the tribe. They are recruited simply as meat shields and support senders to the leadership. This gives these few at the top far more leverage than a normal player, at least until the little guys figure out that they are just disposable slaves, or get bored and quit.

If you search through the old general forums there was a large formal debate over the viability and uses of Family tribes that is quite good.

afghanwarrior

These types of statements are very steriotypical. The fact is a huge tribe with good members can be built. It has been done before. The problem is, it's the extreamely rare case.

Most of the time, the large tribes are just built by spaming invites to the entire K, or even more. No decent players will be attracted by that method, so what happens is that you basically get 300 farms in a tribe or family of tribes. This is the same quantity over quality problem that exists in family tribes.

Noteable exceptions. TW on W1 ruled with about 300 decent players, and MCD on W11 used alliances to create basically the same result. Once you have most of the top few hundred players on a server all in your alliance or tribe, you can pretty much just steam roll anyone.

Until, everyone gets bored and quits. This was the fate of TW, and MCD.

There is also in many cases a much more decietful purpose for this massing of members. In some cases, all of these recruits are not really there to be a real part of the tribe. They are recruited simply as meat shields and support senders to the leadership. This gives these few at the top far more leverage than a normal player, at least until the little guys figure out that they are just disposable slaves, or get bored and quit.

If you search through the old general forums there was a large formal debate over the viability and uses of Family tribes that is quite good.

I agree with you about the mass recruiting and the lower guys as being disposals..
But MCD was a different case? They were always hated on for being number 1 and at constant war. After year+ they were sitll number 1 till they had people turn on them from all around N-E-S-W...

What they did was use a tribe at a time as a shield. When they were about to lose a war they would get 10-20 players from a top tribe and have fresh players ready for war. They kept doing that for a while using new tribes as shields and new players and still they are not completely out. I have not checked in a while but they are still in the top 3 or top 5 somewhere lol

DeletedUser

I was a member of EGGS and then MCD, so I understand the MCD history in W11 very well. Once Uldor convinced us to merge, many of us were worried that it would get boring. After about 2 months it did. You would be amazed at how many of us left at that time and either gifted out or gave away the accounts.

I only used that as an example of using alliances just so it doesn't look like a family tribe. The original MCD / Dejavu alliance was a good example. There are many such cases where you see an imediate alliance between 2 or even 3 top tribes. This is, in effect, a method of masking family tribe behavior. When it is done by skilled people it's very powerful.

Unfortunately numbers alone is not enough and many people try with just pure masses, and still others just recruit the masses as pure cannon fodder.

DeletedUser

well for starts, two of your members tried nobling me. and one of them is still attacking me.
one of them, had been talking to me since early in the game and i helped him out a little bit one time when he was attacked... and then he talked to me, pretending to be my friend. then once one of your other members started attacking me, that member decided he would take chance and try and noble me. but then when i easily killed his noble, he said he 'underestimated' me and that he would give up.
then he went on to noble a 200 pt barb instead. more recently he just nobled another barb.

btw, johnny. at the start of the world, i personally thought siren was a pretty cool tribe. it was one of my choices of tribes to join... i joined pro because, well...the members were more spread out for growth (and our gay pride COA rocks). still, i talked to a couple of siren members when i was considering your tribe...and they seemed like good players.
however, that one bad player in your tribe...dishonest, lying, coward, has turned me against your entire tribe.

Well thank you for explaining, I'll have to look into that...

RemyRose

I was a member of EGGS and then MCD, so I understand the MCD history in W11 very well. Once Uldor convinced us to merge, many of us were worried that it would get boring. After about 2 months it did. You would be amazed at how many of us left at that time and either gifted out or gave away the accounts.

I only used that as an example of using alliances just so it doesn't look like a family tribe. The original MCD / Dejavu alliance was a good example. There are many such cases where you see an imediate alliance between 2 or even 3 top tribes. This is, in effect, a method of masking family tribe behavior. When it is done by skilled people it's very powerful.

Unfortunately numbers alone is not enough and many people try with just pure masses, and still others just recruit the masses as pure cannon fodder.

Wow never thought I would hear of the Macedonians and Dejavu again.. I was in dejavu :)

DeletedUser

I take on the role of a different nationality with ever new post...its keeps things interesting. Anyway, back on topic i guess...

why oh why did i agree to play this world under you? it must be your many personalities i guess, well i suppose as long as you wear mini skirts on weekend it does keep me interested....

DeletedUser

lol @ afghan ^

and johnny, it's all right. nothing to look into. one of the members has been inactive for two weeks, since i attacked him with everything i had. (since then he has been kicked out of your tribe and is currently being nobled by someone)
and the other member, stopped attacking me when i killed his noble. i was the one that initiated attacks again (by sending scouts). :p which of course, he returned.
and, as, one member is never representative of an entire tribe, once my tiff ends with that member, my disliking of your will end.

DeletedUser55253

You misread what i meant, i meant that tribes have so many members, you have to believe that about 20-30 percent of them are experienced and could lead a tribe to glory..However it doesn't really show in this world as many tribes even with the great member count are just disappointing in that aspect as that they should have grown much more than they are right now..