World 38

DeletedUser

i dont get what ive done to deserve this... :icon_neutral:

But none of you have seen me play, seen a village of mine or even talked to me ingame so dont start judging me :icon_rolleyes:

It's an overall general confidence in your words and your posts, giving a lack of charisma.

The word charisma refers to a trait found in persons with a facile personality, characterized by personal charm and magnetism (attractiveness), along with innate and powerfully sophisticated abilities of interpersonal communication and persuasion. One who is charismatic is said to be capable of using their personal being, rather than just speech or logic alone, to interface with other human beings in a personal and direct manner, and effectively communicate an argument or concept to them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charisma

One of the key attributes of any great leader is that of charisma. The ability to cause people to gravitate towards you, and do as you ask, not just because you say it, but because you exude a confidence from you that others pick up on and follow with little question.

Questioning your own statements, or that of others shows a lack of that confidence. To be successful one has to think and act successful at all times.

Right im wanting to make the best tribe on W38 out of players for W32,

this might not be the right place to put it, but what the heck :)

just apply here if u want to join :)

south east corner straight away and my name will be still Alliii

I read this and highlighting these words I feel like your not as serious about this as you want to be, that you are 'hoping' it's going to work out.

On top of that, your post lacks proper punctuation, which makes you seem young and inexperienced.

I mean none of this as a flame, but you seem oblivious to what many of us read into posts every day. It's a dangerous world these forums, can make or break many a great player or tribe.

DeletedUser

I would judge Alliii on his game play not his text in posts, he appears to be a decent player - had I the intention to join world 38 I wouldn't say no to joining his tribe!
And I think most people posted the; 'Crawl before you walk' & 'Walk before you run' just for the sake of posting ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would judge Alliii on his game play not his text in posts, he appears to be a decent player - had I the intention to join world 38 I wouldn't say no to joining his tribe!
And I think most people posted the; 'Crawl before you walk' & 'Walk before you run' just for the sake of posting ;)

I wasn't judging Alliii at all on his abilities as a TW player. We were talking about him leading a tribe, and there are very few people I would allow to lead me, if you want to be the best you have to run with the best.

DeletedUser

AreYouKidden...

He might also want to try a bit of realism and honesty.

In my first response I posted "Let's be honest here".

Great players will instantly know that this guys hopes out weigh his knowledge or experience by far. This places him in a position void of reality which indicates that he is either not being real with himself as well as others, or that he really doesn't know that he lacks the skills and superior intellect it takes to be "the best".

In other words this proposal is set up for delusion and failure from the preset.

The best thing that you can do Alliii is to try to join one of the best tribes and see what it takes, and what it's like to be part of the best.

Start from the bottom up, because if you're placed in a top position in a supposedly great tribe without anyone knowing you, or knowing that you lack the qualifications for such a position then you're in the wrong tribe, and certainly not one that you will learn from.

I think people are giving you a lot of good advice.
I can see that AreYouKidden at first glance posted what seemed as post from the grammar and punctuation police, but it's not. What he is pointing out is that there are classes of people in this game just as in real life; they are distinguishable by their knowledge, demeanor, and visual intelligence factor.

I'm not saying don't try and put this thing together, but you do have to realize that it will not be the best thing to do, if being the best is really what you desire, or want to achieve.

You don't become a doctor by saying "I want to put together the best team of doctors ever! simply because you saw a pharmaceutical commercial. You've got to be schooled, and learn what it takes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Alliii i posted what i did because i believe you lack the capability to get the tribe started, for one you stated that you would start the tribe and then pass the leadership off to someone else and you stay as a baron ?

Why would someone join a tribe to become the leader? they would start their own tribe to begin with.

DeletedUser

AreYouKidden...

He might also want to try a bit of realism and honesty.

In my first response I posted "Let's be honest here".

Great players will instantly know that this guys hopes out weigh his knowledge or experience by far. This places him in a position void of reality which indicates that he is either not being real with himself as well as others, or that he really doesn't know that he lacks the skills and superior intellect it takes to be "the best".

In other words this proposal is set up for delusion and failure from the preset.

The best thing that you can do Alliii is to try to join one of the best tribes and see what it takes, and what it's like to be part of the best.

Start from the bottom up, because if you're placed in a top position in a supposedly great tribe without anyone knowing you, or knowing that you lack the qualifications for such a position then you're in the wrong tribe, and certainly not one that you will learn from.

I think people are giving you a lot of good advice.
I can see that AreYouKidden at first glance posted what seemed as post from the grammar and punctuation police, but it's not. What he is pointing out is that there are classes of people in this game just as in real life; they are distinguishable by their knowledge, demeanor, and visual intelligence factor.

I'm not saying don't try and put this thing together, but you do have to realize that it will not be the best thing to do, if being the best is really what you desire, or want to achieve.

You don't become a doctor by saying "I want to put together the best team of doctors ever! simply because you saw a pharmaceutical commercial. You've got to be schooled, and learn what it takes.

This here is also great advice, and no I wasn't trying to be the grammar police, it was more of an after thought of something that would lead to the perception that he may not be the 'best'.

I have no idea of Alliii skill sets as a player or a leader, but from a first impression (and they mean a lot), I would not want to flock to this tribe in W38.

I do know what appeals to my nature as a decent player, and that is surrounding myself with other decent players.
Membership doesn't have to be the best in the world, but they have to be willing to learn, and willing to admit when they aren't pulling their weight.

I could have a great debate on whether a member needs to put in 137% or 138% effort in order to succeed, that seems to be the acceptable breaking point, but I'll give you this Alliii.. Leading a tribe is a great experience where you learn a great many things about yourself, and your abilities, but a leader doesn't often get to hand pick his tribe, a tribe often hand picks their leader.

Find a tribe first, if your fit to lead it, it'll happen on it's own.